Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,398 members, 7,861,116 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:02 AM

The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! (1255 Views)

Novelty Match For Tinubu's 64th Birthday (Photos) / The Match For Biafra: Owerri Is Gathering Momentum At The Moment / Pro-jonathan Elements Behind Renewed Agitation For Biafra - Senator Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
This article was not written by me its author is unknown to me it was shared to me by another.

A TWIST IN THE IPOB ONE MILLION MAN MARCH:
Watching the protest organized by the Indigenous people of Biafra yesterday on channels television,some thing caught my attention. I saw banners bearing the pictures of Nnamdi Kanu and James Ibori with inscriptions like " release Nnamdi Kanu and James Ibori" , " Release our Heroes" and " We are tied of the British fraud".

Another interesting part of this protest on the Niger bridge axis is that the protest started all the way from Agbor in Delta state through Asaba to Onitsha on the 6th and as at 10pm yesterday 7th they were already at Awka the capital of
Anambra state heading to Enugu.

For those of you who know the antecedence of James Onanefe Ibori,would agree with me that he is one man who commands alot of respect like Alamieghiesia in the Niger delta and if his brothers have, decided to join the IPOB family to fight for,justice then Buhari and his government is in for more troubles. I even heard the PPRO of police Anambra state saying on a national TV that the protest is overwhelming but so far it has been peaceful.

[b]On the Rivers state axis,it was recorded that the Movement of the Survival of Ogoni People (MOSOP) have also joined the protest with banners bearing pictures of Nnamdi Kanu and Ken Saro Wiwa. [/b]This was due anger arising from the neglect the Ogoni people have suffered over the years and the recent seizure of
an art work " Ogoni Bus" donated to Nigeria in memory of Ken Saro Wiwa which was seized by the Nigerian
customs at the Lagos port.

Listening to Radio Biafra yesterday afternoon,I heard callers from Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa with funny names like " Commander shoot and stand", " Black scorpion" etc calling to issue orders to their followers to return to the creeks. Women are not left out as I,also heard women calling in to give information on the movement of security agents and their experiences in the protest and how they had to move through swampy areas to join in the protest in Bayelsa state, some of them even got wounded but still continued after they were treated.

I even heard security agents who called as anonymous giving out tips on how to beat the security agencies and to avoid arrest,some of them suggested to the deputy director of Radio Biafra Uche Mefor to alert the protesters to always move in large numbers as with that it will be difficult for the security operatives to arrest any of them.
The twist here is that Radio Biafra has gone beyond Nnamdi Kanu,it has giving birth to a struggle for survival, it has reawakened the consciousness of the marginalized people in Nigeria and Buhari has giving impetus to it with his 97% and 5% dichotomy, lopsidedness in his appointments so far and body language.

The arrest and continued detention of Nnamdi Kanu may bring Nigeria to its knees and if that happens,two things are involved which I see as the break up of this fake contraption called Nigeria as was predicted by the USA or an acceptable peace which will be achieved through dialogue and negotiations. Whichever way it goes ,Buhari will be the loser and Nnamdi Kanu and Nigerians as winners.

For those of you who still think Nnamdi Kanu represents only the Igbo race,think again because the happenings in recent times says otherwise. Nigeria under Buhari is seating on a time bomb and Buhari is carrying the burden of guilt which may soon overwhelm him if proper care is not taking.
Nnamdi Kanu represents the voiceless women being raped all over the south by Fulani herdsmen, he represents the people whose land have been polluted by the IOC's with no means of livelihood, he represents those who are murdered in cold blood in plateau and other north central states, he represents all the people who have suffered one form of maltreatment in Nigeria and Nnamdi Kanu is now a movement and you can not stop that movement by arresting Nnamdi Kanu.

17 Likes

Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by bukifemi1: 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
I am loving it. This is needed in Nigeria because Nigeria is fraud. embarassed

13 Likes

Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by carnegiefan: 9:29pm On Nov 08, 2015
This article captures it all.

6 Likes

Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by orlando5: 9:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
I pledge to Nigeria my country, Tobe faithful loyal and honest, to serve Nigeria with all my strength, To defend our unity which is being threatened, To uphold our honour and glory, so help me God, Amen! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by sobmos(m): 9:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
When will the ibo people get sense? You can never find a Rich ibo man doing his business "jeje" in Nigeria (His original country) agitate for this so called Biafra. I don't know why the ibo masses are so dumb and ret.arded. You'll would just end up losing your lives like "suya". Don't you learn from history? Even the devil incarnate called ojukwu was too cowardly to take a bullet from the Nigerian Army and just die for what he "believed" in,he was even too cowardly to commit suicide. He has to run with his tail in between his legs like a fowl beaten by the rain,leaving his so called "Biafra citizens" at the mercy of the bullets of the Nigerian army. I know this mumu Kanu,that's agitating for the same thing again in 2015,already has his family/families overseas,calling on the dullard ibo masses( that don't have a kobo to travel out of the country when the war starts) to come fight for Biafra. Its like saying the Comanches,Apaches,and the Red indians in USA to rise against USA for their freedom/independence,its gonna be massacre. I foresee another ibo massacre. I just pity the fools who will stand behind this stvpid Kanu guy. This Biafra Nonsense should be wiped off the mind of the ibo people,because its never gonna happen,not in a billion years. Let's avoid another massacre and starvation/malnutrition again!!! A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
noblezone how do i listen to radio biafra
Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
IyaIode:

http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Biafra-s225376/
Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by honeywealth75(m): 9:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
The people that matters in Igboland, i mean the reals one that can determine the fate of Biafra are already absorbed into d unity of Nigeria, i bet people like Tony Enumelu, Uzor Kalu and the CEO of Diamond bank and the rest of them who av investments in other parts of the region than their homeland will never bliv in Biafra. All i see in these protests are the assemblage of touts and not people who av good idea on how to secede. The world is just laughing at them.

2 Likes

Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by begod: 9:46pm On Nov 08, 2015
IyaIode:
listening right now with my (asha 200 Nokia) fm 102.1
Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 08, 2015
honeywealth75:
The people that matters in Igboland, i mean the reals one that can determine the fate of Biafra are already absorbed into d unity of Nigeria, i bet people like Tony Enumelu, Uzor Kalu and the CEO of Diamond bank and the rest of them who av investments in other parts of the region than their homeland will never bliv in Biafra. All i see in these protests are the assemblage of touts and not people who av good idea on how to secede. The world is just laughing at them.

Touts you say?
Well, for one Elumelu, you a thousand touts.

The Arab spring was not championed by the political class, it was the idea of "touts".

12 Likes

Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by EternalTruths: 9:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
Perfect

Noblezone

Usman Dan Fodio had a terrible nightmare

In that dream , he was made to realise that his empire will last only for 200 years

In the 70s An emir also had that dream which caused the government to move the capital to Abuja

2015 is the beginning of the final stage of the collapse of Fulani domination

Can you see what happened in Taraba especially how Buhari tried to fulanized Taraba

These are factors that will bring down their power in Nigeria

I only pity gullible Yorubas who can't read the handwriting on the wall. cool

9 Likes

Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by begod: 9:51pm On Nov 08, 2015
honeywealth75:
you don't get it at all, you are underastimating the youths, that struggle continues till when in gets out of hand, it will affect them badly.
Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by aresa: 9:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
Illiterate biafra villager. African Spring started in TUNISIA years ago. Adjust your ignorant Title.

1 Like

Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by honeywealth75(m): 9:55pm On Nov 08, 2015
Are u comaparing arab spring with ur own Biafra internet country?
I can now see most yeebos av shalow brains . Guy get a life its diff, if u revolt abt 5million yeebos will go to gravem aldo i dnt wnt to see dat happen, bt if dats waht u all want u shall get, am nt against ur country, bt do it d right way.
Go to USA and call dia contry a zoo and c whats gonna happen.
Muguns
noblezone:

Touts you say?

The Arab spring was not championed by the political class, it was the idea of "touts".
Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by frakdon(m): 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
begod:
listening right now with my (asha 200 Nokia) fm 102.1
which area?
Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
this article is not only concise, it captures every detail clearly.... no yoruba can write this kind of quality article......
@OP ibu nwa Chineke
ARMED STRUGGLE is not far off from becoming reality

and in the end, BIAFRA MUST BE RESTORED

2 Likes

Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by Abagworo(m): 11:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
There is no march for Biafra. This is a PDP sponsored post election violence and Government should show no mercy to anybody implicated. It should be death penalty.
Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by Pavore9: 11:11pm On Nov 08, 2015
If the likes of Ibori have been beatified a hero, Anini should be 'canonized' a Saint!
Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by mazzi: 11:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
orlando5:
I pledge to Nigeria my country, Tobe faithful loyal and honest, to serve Nigeria with all my strength, To defend our unity which is being threatened, To uphold our honour and glory, so help me God, Amen! cheesy
As I no wan folo pledge na by force?

2 Likes

Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by Macelliot(m): 11:41pm On Nov 08, 2015
Abagworo:
There is no march for Biafra. This is a PDP sponsored post election violence and Government should show no mercy to anybody implicated. It should be death penalty.
Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by Macelliot(m): 11:41pm On Nov 08, 2015
Abagworo:
fallacy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by Nobody: 5:41am On Nov 09, 2015
Abagworo:
like Rochas like Abagworo
Fooolish people

4 Likes

Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by Nobody: 5:59am On Nov 09, 2015
Abagworo:

believe me, either you are sooo ignorant or an inventor of mischief.

1 Like

Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by Boss13: 6:24am On Nov 09, 2015
noblezone:

Touts you say?

Yes you are very correct and because touts seized the idea, there have been no peace since then. This protest will be hijacked by senseless people
Re: The Match For Biafra: The Making Of The First West African Spring! by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 09, 2015
Boss13:

Yes you are very correct and because touts seized the idea, there have been no peace since then. This protest will be hijacked by senseless people

But you know what?

I prefer "senseless" Biafrans to hijack it that to remain in a "sensible" Nigeria where a child who scored 70% is denied admission while another with 1% is admitted.

We are sick and tired of Nigeria. QED

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Shots, Teargas Fired In Pro-biafra Demo In Igweocha.....afp & Yahoo News / Fashola To Senate: Don’t Change Our Plans / Is Christianity Now A Crime In Kaduna? As El-rufai Wages New War On Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.