Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland (34375 Views)

How To Identify Scam Interview Invitations / Pls Is This A Scam Interview Or Real / C-step Scam Interview Invitation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by qanda: 6:51am On Dec 07, 2019
Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 07, 2019
A post made 4 years ago just making FP now.

NL never ceases to surprise someone.
Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by qanda: 6:54am On Dec 07, 2019
temitopeadabisi:
This is to bring to the unemployed youth of nigeria.. read this
They are real corporate scam (telepoint communication limited located at ikeja lagos nigeria ).. promise u a job and will not give u any. an India man will leave his country to scam us Nigerians and he his helped by some Nigerians, why?? ... telling us that the certificate is from USA that he was born in the USA and has worked with apple, IBM , all lies., i just hope my post can be seen so as to stop they from getting money from unemployed youth this is not right . i trained with them with the hope that i will get a job, and its not just me all my set June / July we have not yet gotten any jobs and some people from the previous set as well.. will planing on reporting they to the authorities. if they want to be a training school fine not saying after your training a job is already waiting for you this is wrong very wrong .. i had to borrow the 53k to go from this training hoping i will get a job so i can pay back. this is wrong so so wrong. i want other unemployed youth to be aware of this,.. am not trying to spoil any one business .. but if u want to do business don't do it in the detriment of others. you reach there the first day they will tell you that u should dress corporate some companies are coming to check you out all lies ..nobody came . they will tell you that you shouldn't mind negative comment from nairaland that they are competitor trying to spoil business this are lies if only i read comment on nairaland i wouldn't have paid cry cry .. if you going for just training its ok go .. but if u unemployed and u think thats ur way out .. then you have a long way to go. good luck and God bless..this is to make all youths to know.

Which course did you study? And what is the nature of the training?

1 Like

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by qanda: 6:56am On Dec 07, 2019
light099:
A post made 4 years ago just making FP now.

NL never ceases to surprise someone.
What is the surprise my friend? The content is TIMELESS, look beyond the date. Valuable content is never dated, that is the lesson you should take to heart.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by naijadrivablog: 6:58am On Dec 07, 2019
Not all companies may appear here. It is only those reported by Nairalanders. So, you may still be scammed.

3 Likes

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 07, 2019
qanda:

What is the surprise my friend? The content is TIMELESS, look beyond the date. Valuable content is never dated, that is the lesson you should take to heart.

Didn't say the content is not timeless, but why it's just making FP, because they would have needed it more then, than now. People are now acquainted with using NL than before that is why searching past posts or creating new threads to seek people's advice is now popular. Just type the job or whatever and you'll get past posts on it.
Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by MrHighSea: 7:08am On Dec 07, 2019
They pry on our greed.

1 Like

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by tophumble(m): 7:14am On Dec 07, 2019
Thanks for the info

Abeg today is Local Govt Selection in Ekiti state
Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by livebyday(m): 7:16am On Dec 07, 2019
This is an awesome post

One of the young people i.memtor sent.me.this

Seems she applied to this company called javatek and they sent her this

Dear Applicant ,
Thank you for your interest in us, please go through the attached
document. After you have perused through please indicate if you will or
will not be attending the interview.

Now attached to this email where two documents

One an applicant letter which seems harmless and the other an interview schedule brochure of sorts

See below: what caught my attention is the part below the blue circle. Notice how the packaged everything to look legit then subtly added into their scam ?

So I rightly advised her not to attend this charade

Cheers

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by Omoluabi16(m): 7:30am On Dec 07, 2019
qanda:

Exactly bro. I needed and information urgently sometime ago, and google wasn't forthcoming. I just tried my luck here, and I got the exact info I needed off a thread from 2008.

9 Likes

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by nauto: 7:49am On Dec 07, 2019
Check
Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by 9jaWebSolution: 7:56am On Dec 07, 2019
Good writeup
Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by JaySterling: 8:26am On Dec 07, 2019
temitopeadabisi:
This is to bring to the unemployed youth of nigeria.. read this
They are real corporate scam (telepoint communication limited located at ikeja lagos nigeria ).. promise u a job and will not give u any. an India man will leave his country to scam us Nigerians and he his helped by some Nigerians, why?? ... telling us that the certificate is from USA that he was born in the USA and has worked with apple, IBM , all lies., i just hope my post can be seen so as to stop they from getting money from unemployed youth this is not right . i trained with them with the hope that i will get a job, and its not just me all my set June / July we have not yet gotten any jobs and some people from the previous set as well.. will planing on reporting they to the authorities. if they want to be a training school fine not saying after your training a job is already waiting for you this is wrong very wrong .. i had to borrow the 53k to go from this training hoping i will get a job so i can pay back. this is wrong so so wrong. i want other unemployed youth to be aware of this,.. am not trying to spoil any one business .. but if u want to do business don't do it in the detriment of others. you reach there the first day they will tell you that u should dress corporate some companies are coming to check you out all lies ..nobody came . they will tell you that you shouldn't mind negative comment from nairaland that they are competitor trying to spoil business this are lies if only i read comment on nairaland i wouldn't have paid cry cry .. if you going for just training its ok go .. but if u unemployed and u think thats ur way out .. then you have a long way to go. good luck and God bless..this is to make all youths to know.
what kind of trainings did they give you? Are they licensed by any regulating agency to operate as a training school? Does the Indian man have working permit to work in Nigeria and does he have tax documents from FIRS and registered company documents from CAC? They are going down.

I’ve already forwarded your post to some authorities

1 Like

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by samsongbemisola(m): 8:34am On Dec 07, 2019
Annagold:
Its people like you that stop other people from receiving their blessings...I went for the Interview. did you go that you are commenting anyhow?!
You want to tag them PDP abi?
Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by skyhighweb(m): 8:43am On Dec 07, 2019
glnd people self,.

people should start destroying their office once u realise its them, idiots wasting people time
Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by akube2020(m): 8:51am On Dec 07, 2019
Dear Esther Ololade Oyetunde

I am glad to inform you that your profile meet the basic job requirements for the position of PA/SECRETARY and after due consideration of your CV, we have decided to schedule you for an interview so that the company can hear from you personally. We believe you would be able to defend your CV and if need be choose from other available options with the company.

Your interview is scheduled as follow
Date: Tuesday, 10th of December, 2019
Time: 9:00am prompt
Venue: Gate 2, 7 Obasa road, opposite Polythene enterprise building Oba-Akran way, Ikeja, Lagos.

Kindly respond to this mail to confirm your availability, and come along with a Print-out copy of this invite and a valid means of identification.
Looking forward to meeting you.

Best Regards,
Mr Akin
HRM

I got that mail yesterday 06/12/2019. Meanwhile The name about is not mine am a guy not girl. So I called the number above to confirm. He then later sent me another mail with my own name. Am scared �
Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by Chigorkizz(m): 9:45am On Dec 07, 2019
Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by LoudlyMouthed: 10:40am On Dec 07, 2019
OP Tank YOU grin
If you neva reach d interview location, you too, Tank GOD.

They'd lambast you, your life, your family, your generation, your future.. then brainwash you with nonsensicality of wan kind job for you. If you're d chuk eye type, d soap n water for brainwash go don reach your intestinal epithelial cells. No going back.

But if you're LoudlyMouthed like me...

1 Share

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by nonny400(m): 10:44am On Dec 07, 2019
akube2020:

I am glad to inform you that your profile meet the basic job requirements for the position of PA/SECRETARY and after due consideration of your CV, we have decided to schedule you for an interview so that the company can hear from you personally. We believe you would be able to defend your CV and if need be choose from other available options with the company.

Venue: Gate 2, 7 Obasa road, opposite Polythene enterprise building Oba-Akran way, Ikeja, Lagos.

Kindly respond to this mail to confirm your availability, and come along with a Print-out copy of this invite and a valid means of identification.

Best Regards,
Mr Akin
HRM

I got that mail yesterday 06/12/2019. Meanwhile The name about is not mine am a guy not girl. So I called the number above to confirm. He then later sent me another mail with my own name. Am scared �

Avoid them. I was there on Tuesday. They are a useless set of people. I already have plans to report them.

They selected me for a bogus training that should be starting today, I just got a call from them asking why I'm not there yet and I told her to fuckoff.

Just avoid them. They will tell you the vacancy you came for is no longer available, but they have space for Business development officer. Useless people.

I asked for the company name during the whole exercise and they said it will be communicated to us later. Wtf?

Attached are the two invites I got. All in one week, and with different mails and names.

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by nonny400(m): 10:48am On Dec 07, 2019
LoudlyMouthed:
OP Tank YOU grin
If you neva reach d interview location, you too, Tank GOD.

They'd lambast you, your life, your family, your generation, your future.. then brainwash you with nonsensicality of wan kind job for you. If you're d chuk eye type, d soap n water for brainwash go don reach your intestinal epithelial cells. No going back.

But if you're LoudlyMouthed like me...

Bros, you're smart. That's what they do. They start shouting with confidence, insulting you and saying a lot of things about your career choices. These people are stupid. I'm preparing a petition against the ones I've encountered, and very soon they will know

2 Likes

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by flexindino(m): 12:20pm On Dec 07, 2019
akube2020:

Best Regards,
Mr Akin
HRM

dis job invite is real scam....I got same and I have a friend who tried his luck by going for the invite and discovered it's all diz gnld guys
Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by nonny400(m): 1:19pm On Dec 07, 2019
flexindino:

dis job invite is real scam....I got same and I have a friend who tried his luck by going for the invite and discovered it's all diz gnld guys

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by charlesm91(m): 3:14pm On Dec 07, 2019
nonny400:

Avoid them. I was there on Tuesday. They are a useless set of people. I already have plans to report them.

They selected me for a bogus training that should be starting today, I just got a call from them asking why I'm not there yet and I told her to fuckoff.

Just avoid them. They will tell you the vacancy you came for is no longer available, but they have space for Business development officer. Useless people.

I asked for the company name during the whole exercise and they said it will be communicated to us later. Wtf?

Attached are the two invites I got. All in one week, and with different mails and names.
same here too. They couldn’t tell me the company name. What i saw on the board was different from what was sent in the mail. Besides the hosts were arrogant and made one feel like you not even started with your life. But me i just silently excused myself with a phone call and left after i figured it out.

1 Like

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by pacespot(m): 4:07pm On Dec 07, 2019
Eye opening
Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by Legendguru: 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2019
Ok
Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by VanGun: 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2019
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
As job invites and interview went all electronic; several pyramid scheme and unscrupulous companies have seized this opportunity to make life living hades for young graduates.
Here is a simple tip you can use to check the legitimacy of a company that has sent you invite without having to open a thread and ask other users.
Instead of Reading Naija News i prefer listening to Good Naija Songs Biko ooooo

1. Use the Nairaland search Box above - Type the name of the company in the search box, you may decide to add keywords such as "Scam" , "Experience" , "fake" .
2. Type the Number in the search if you're unsatisfied with the company name- Most fake job invites come with a supposed HR Number; since a possibility exist that other members have previously received this message and did confirmations.
.3. Use the physical address- Pyramid schememes are known to change name from time to time, but addresses never change. So you can do well to NL-search the address.
If all the above fails, then head over to the good 'OK Google. Use Google maps, navigator, and the search engines to see what you can find.
4- Facebook- using the number of the SMS, you can do a truecaller I'd search or a simple Facebook search to verify things further.
If all fails and you're still unsatisfied with your results , then you can decide to go to the stipulated address to see things for yourself; But remember the Cardinal Rule. NEVER PAY MONEY FOR A JOB.
caveat Emptor- Pyramid schemes (GNLD, MEDPRO etc) are not illegal, the only observe auster moral and ethical codes.
source-Me.
Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by ArcGibson(m): 11:01pm On Dec 07, 2019
INVITATION FOR INTERVIEW

HR Loveth

DEAR Victor,
Sequel to our recent survey via our online advertorial page, HR portals and referrals, we are pleased with your background considering your Leadership, business and Human resourceful skills

In view of this you have been Shortlisted by the HR TEAM to attend a LEADERSHIP/BUSINESS ASSESSMENT and WORKSHOP for an INTERVIEW to be a Team/ Unit leader and Business partner.

OVERVIEW OF CENTER FOR LEADERSHIP, ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE

***** is the culmination of years of experience in the corporate and small business worlds, with a passion for raising businessmen and women, and we aim to achieve this through human capacity building and leveraging.

Our priority:- To assist individuals in having a befitting lifestyle, acquire their desire and live a healthy life, using capacity building and leverage as a critical tool.

What we do:- We specialize majorly into human resource development, leveraging and consultation services through information dissemination.

Office Address: 1st Floor Xpress House, beside OSTRA HOTEL, off Jobifele way Central Business District (CBD) Alausa Ikeja, Lagos.

Date: Thursday 3th December, 2019

Time: 9:00am.

NOTE:- You are required to tender this invitation either as a printed copy or soft copy, and a passport photograph at the point of entrance for security purpose.

It’s imperative to confirm your availability, do so by replying to this e-mail.

We look forward to you knowing you more and working with you.

BEST REGARDS,

HR LOVETH

For further inquiries and directions, call the secretary on (070*******)or please log on to www.*****.org
Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by ubongga(m): 4:13am On Dec 08, 2019
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
As job invites and interview went all electronic; several pyramid scheme and unscrupulous companies have seized this opportunity to make life living hades for young graduates.
Here is a simple tip you can use to check the legitimacy of a company that has sent you invite without having to open a thread and ask other users.
1. Use the Nairaland search Box above - Type the name of the company in the search box, you may decide to add keywords such as "Scam" , "Experience" , "fake" .
2. Type the Number in the search if you're unsatisfied with the company name- Most fake job invites come with a supposed HR Number; since a possibility exist that other members have previously received this message and did confirmations.
.3. Use the physical address- Pyramid schememes are known to change name from time to time, but addresses never change. So you can do well to NL-search the address.
If all the above fails, then head over to the good 'OK Google. Use Google maps, navigator, and the search engines to see what you can find.
4- Facebook- using the number of the SMS, you can do a truecaller I'd search or a simple Facebook search to verify things further.
If all fails and you're still unsatisfied with your results , then you can decide to go to the stipulated address to see things for yourself; But remember the Cardinal Rule. NEVER PAY MONEY FOR A JOB.
caveat Emptor- Pyramid schemes (GNLD, MEDPRO etc) are not illegal, the only observe auster moral and ethical codes.
source-Me.

I just got a mail from Whytecleon, telling me to resume work on 9th of December 2019, pls how genuine is ds mail

Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by oyetunjisamuel(m): 2:52pm On Jan 02, 2020
Re: How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland by oyetunjisamuel(m): 2:54pm On Jan 02, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is A Cover Letter? How To Write One. Sample Template. / Important: Notice to Jobseekers / Lagos State To Engage 4,000 Graduates In Internship, To Pay 40,000 Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.