Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,975 members, 7,956,646 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:12 PM

Loneliness... A Sonnet - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Loneliness... A Sonnet (476 Views)

Men Of The Game (sonnet) / Mine Mama (sonnet) / A Victory Of Love(sonnet) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Loneliness... A Sonnet by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 09, 2015
In the cool of the day I sit down and ponder over my life I think slowly of my past in haste Like the birds that fly about in the sky.

I fly like the birds through my past in my mind Correcting the wrong and stabilizing the right Suddenly I am jolted back to the present And I realise quickly, this is loneliness.

It seems to me that I've been lonely all my life Hiding my pains and swallowing my joy Ignoring those who by all means try to make me smile Making me realise my life is a big decoy

Because the people I most ignore Are the ones I want to be with more

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: My Recent Predicament / Poem; Ebola Holiday / Alabam Trips Series (chapters Eleven To Twenty).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.