Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,416 members, 7,812,225 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

New Gsm Service! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New Gsm Service! (1025 Views)

How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers / Is Your GSM Service Provider Cheating You? / What Can Be Done To Avoid Receiving Unsolicited Msgs From GSM Service Providers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Gsm Service! by iniguy(m): 6:58pm On May 14, 2009
Fellow nairalanders, this is good news. The Gsm companies in Nigeria after a joint meeting have announced the introduction of Gprs services as part of their services. According to the joint communique issued at the end of the meeting held at the NCC headquarters in Abuja, from Saturday 16th may 2009, subscribers on Mtn, Zain, Globacom, Starcomms and etisalat networks will be able to access/ browse the internet on their gprs compatible mobile phones at rates determined by each network. The gsm companies sees this new service as a way of enhancing customer satisfaction and service delivery for their teeming customers.
What do you think?
Re: New Gsm Service! by Dclique(m): 7:49pm On May 14, 2009
If its true.
Then its gona b cool.As long as the tariff is low n affordable for al.
Re: New Gsm Service! by 4peace(m): 12:22am On May 15, 2009
i don't understand which gprs again
Re: New Gsm Service! by donjon: 5:30am On May 15, 2009
Abi o!
Is is not d same gprs, dat we have using since 2005 and beyond?
Re: New Gsm Service! by Infoseye(m): 8:29am On May 15, 2009
Gprs as been there ever since GSM was launched in Nigeria, instead of wasting time on that why not improve and reduce the tariffs.

Its only part of this world that we are making force about gprs when other advanced countries are using edged and 3G full force.Although Mtn,Zain and Glo are 3g now but are not using it to the full power.

Now that mobile users are using gprs enabled phone they will not only start self they also exploit we nigerians the more, ok for an example last week friday I loaded N500 mtn airtime on my line which they gave me 50MB to broswe I browsed using my fone alone not connected to pc.

I was enjoying the browsing and it was faster than the regular gprs if you load a card it got to a point the gprs started miss behaving going off and on disturbing my browsing.I got pissed and decided to browse at 2am thinking that less pple browsing at that time will make the network gprs stable instead it was completely dead.

I just gave up and fell back to sleep, that afternoon mtn sent me a text saying my subscription had expired Ok fine let me check how much mb I consumed since I browsed on saturday alone, I used 7MB out of 50MB meaning I had 43Mb left not used due to the useless poor mtn gprs service just wasted 43MB thinking that they will return the 43MB for me to use again due to there stupid poor gprs service.

I said ok let me try Zain since Mtn bleeped up I loaded the same N500 for Zain it was ok to a point also it started bleeping up just like mtn did, this time I connected it to my pc and used up the whole 50MB with that same day LOL grin

Now am on Etisalat, etisalat is the best even they use edged not gprs making their service very fast but the bottom line is it cost me much although it was not data plan like the Mtn and Zain I used earlier.

I called there customer care and said that the service is not yet available on there network but in progress to provide such data plan I cant wait to get to get connected with them. grin grin grin
Re: New Gsm Service! by honsule(m): 1:13pm On May 15, 2009
@poster.Gprs browsing is trite in naija.or are u actually referring to GPS service for some of us that have N95?
Re: New Gsm Service! by donjon: 2:32pm On May 15, 2009
Oga! Wish 1 bi Ubt?
Re: New Gsm Service! by mkagoro(m): 3:29pm On May 15, 2009
pls carry along, i did'nt understand what is going on here shocked shocked
Re: New Gsm Service! by donjon: 10:50pm On May 15, 2009
Ahan!
Re: New Gsm Service! by hayprof(m): 4:35am On May 16, 2009
its tru etisalat edge service is fast nd consistent. .
Its speed is beta than most 3g speed we av nowadays.
Re: New Gsm Service! by donjon: 5:02am On May 16, 2009
Etisalat no get ntwrk 4 ogun state! So zain RULES 4 me!
Re: New Gsm Service! by Dclique(m): 11:54am On May 16, 2009
Ogun state village.
Rural area.hahaha
Re: New Gsm Service! by dominique(f): 1:33pm On May 16, 2009
so whats so new about the GPRS services they're introducing undecided how is it different from the ones they've been using to exploit us before.

honsule pls explain this UBT thingy better.
Re: New Gsm Service! by iniguy(m): 2:22pm On May 16, 2009
dominique:

so whats so new about the GPRS services they're introducing undecided  how is it different from the ones they've been using to exploit us before.
I dont understand you. Have you been using gprs service before
Re: New Gsm Service! by hayprof(m): 10:34pm On May 16, 2009
Will, u guys just 4get about the whole meaning of 'UBT' . .nd get to the order of d day,
Re: New Gsm Service! by insongrata(m): 12:12am On May 18, 2009
@poster: do you mean the introduction of a new gsm service cum, "General Pocket-Ripping Service?". If no, then I wonder what the thread is meant for whether you mean GPS Geographic Positoning System.
For your info, gprs has been in existence for nearly half a decade now.
Pls clarify. cool cool cool
shocked shocked shocked grin grin cheesy
Re: New Gsm Service! by iniguy(m): 7:17am On May 21, 2009
grin ha ha ha, there is no new gsm service! i just wanted to heat up things a bit in the house cheesy tongue grin wink

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Transfer All Contact In My Old Blackberry To The New One / Iphone4: New Choice For Backup Your Iphone Data And Many Apps / Pls Ao Can I Upgrade Ma Bold 2 Bb To Os6?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.