Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos (34445 Views)

Pictures From The Construction Of Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project / Lagos Blue Line Rail 95 % Completed, Says Commissioner / Abuja Metro Light Rail In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by Forwetinnah: 8:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

Not interested in your idiotic and unintelligent ramblings.

Village clowns and losers like you bore me.....

Replay is what I reserve for idiotic and unintelligent clowns like you..

See charcoal calling crystal jug black...you can't justify your ramblings at all. Obviously APC's corruption is too hard for you to admit. Sorry story of your life!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 09, 2015
this would ease traffic gridlock in Lagos.
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by joeanointing(m): 9:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
aresa:

There's a clear difference between a country and a state...

1. Dubai is a country while Lagos state is just a state in Nigeria

2. Dubai built it's metro rail with sovereign funds, meaning Dubai as a country built their metro rail while Lagos state is building theirs with borrowed funds and not National funds.

3. Dubai is building just metro rail while Lagos state is not only a metro rail project, but a 27 mile ten lane (27 x 10 = 270 miles) freeway system with BRT access, rail system with rail cars, overhead bridges, rail stations, rail bridge over the Marina/Lagos Lagoon and power plants to power the whole system.

4. There are parts of the rail network in Lagos state Lagos state can not touch because of lawsuits by landowners which Dubai doesn't have to deal with

5. There are tons of many PCHN poles yet to be moved to allow construction in certain areas.

6. What Dubai spent on ordinary metro rail is more than Lagos state's entire yearly budget

7. Lagos metro rail and 10 lane Badagry express is the largest public works project in Africa

8. Nigeria and Dubai doesn't share the same material, manpower and labor cost environment...

I know many of you make ignorant and illogical comments because you are basically ignorant about the subject matter but at least get some education before opening your mouth..
Brother I will advice you to google it up. Dubai is not a country. It is a state/province. United Arab Emirate is the country. Go back to school to study geography, economics and finance. Read through the post and my comment again. It may help.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by joeanointing(m): 9:10pm On Nov 09, 2015
[quote author=joeanointing post=39853084] Brother I will advice you to google it up. Dubai is not a country. It is a state/province. United Arab Emirate is the country. Go back to school to study geography, economics and finance. Read through the post and my comment again. It may help.
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by nobsalis: 9:57pm On Nov 09, 2015
dats y its good to run tins wit d center.
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by vRendoh(m): 7:10am On Nov 10, 2015
Jaideyone:
ret@rd read again. I said the PDP led FG borrowed to pay salary and it's the truth

Azzhole said GEJ Government borrowed to pay salaries now the APC government is doing so well in five months generated billions of dollars.....
I just wasted my precious time!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by Jaideyone(m): 7:58am On Nov 10, 2015
vRendoh:

Azzhole said GEJ Government borrowed to pay salaries now the APC government is doing so well in five months generated billions of dollars.....
I just wasted my precious time!
there's no point trying to educate someone with a room temperature IQ. your case is irredeemable
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by dned: 12:46pm On Nov 10, 2015
thisisbankole:
The President Muhammadu Buhari-led government has approved the construction of the $2.4 billion Lagos red line rail project.

According to Lagos State Commissioner for Transportation, Dr. Dayo Mobereola, approving the right of way for the project had been a problem for donkey’s years as the Federal Government in the previous administration was reluctant to do so.

Bear in mind, the right of way belonged to the Nigeria Railway Corporation, NRC.

“It took us four and half years to get approval for the project. It took us another four years to get them to discuss the technicality of the project with us. The right-of-way has been approved and we are in full discussion with the bidders,” he said.

Speaking on the Blue Line Light Rail project, the commissioner said the government would complete it by the end of next year.

“We are mindful of the problem of transportation in Lagos State. Towards the end of next year, something will happen. Our rail project is 27 km and we are doing it in phases. We are doing Mile 2 to CMS now and we will do Mile 2 to Okokomaiko later,” he said.

http://www.360nobs.com/2015/11/pres-buhari-approves-2-4bn-for-construction-of-lagos-red-line-rail/

Are they building it with revenue from cocoa or oil?
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by Gbawe: 5:11am On Nov 12, 2015
Gbawe:
My joy will be complete if Fashola becomes Minister of Power on Wednesday.

Even better. It is power, works and housing !!!!
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by love23a: 5:16am On Nov 12, 2015
They are just lies in newspapers that never happen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ibom Air Acquire Fifth Airplane, 5 More Expected Before 2023 / 4-Year-Old Boy That Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash (Photos) / Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.