Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,636 members, 7,958,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:20 AM

Expired Nigerian Passport In Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Expired Nigerian Passport In Uk (1954 Views)

Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? / Will Nigeria Immigrations Collect My Expired Nigerian Passport / !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expired Nigerian Passport In Uk by Guzye(m): 4:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
Please can anyone advise me on how to go about renewing my wife's expired Nigerian passport, we are due to Travel Next month but from what I gather it is already too late to renew it and I have been told that emergency travel certificates are only processed 2 or 3 days prior to departure. Please does anyone have any ideas?
Re: Expired Nigerian Passport In Uk by itstpia8: 4:50pm On Nov 09, 2015
No.
Re: Expired Nigerian Passport In Uk by eleko1: 5:02pm On Nov 09, 2015
U should have work on the passport issue since September or so.Notwithstanding, go to Nig house there,somebody may assist u or u settle for the emergency. Hope thing work out well
Re: Expired Nigerian Passport In Uk by cozybunch: 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
Guzye:
Please can anyone advise me on how to go about renewing my wife's expired Nigerian passport, we are due to Travel Next month but from what I gather it is already too late to renew it and I have been told that emergency travel certificates are only processed 2 or 3 days prior to departure. Please does anyone have any ideas?

You come to nigeria with expired passport. You just need to make a new one before heading back. Have done that few times

Good Luck

1 Like

Re: Expired Nigerian Passport In Uk by Guzye(m): 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2015
cozybunch:

You come to nigeria with expired passport. You just need to make a new one before heading back. Have done that few times

Good Luck

Thank you for the information, please did they not ask you for the passport when leaving the UK?
Re: Expired Nigerian Passport In Uk by Guzye(m): 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2015
eleko1:
U should have work on the passport issue since September or so.Notwithstanding, go to Nig house there,somebody may assist u or u settle for the emergency. Hope thing work out well

Thank you
Re: Expired Nigerian Passport In Uk by cozybunch: 10:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
Guzye:

Thank you for the information, please did they not ask you for the passport when leaving the UK?

They will, they also know you are going to your country. Is just like if you have dual nationality with England, when come back to u.k, they will have no problems you coming back with expired passport but you can't leave u.k with it. You have to apply for new passport.

Good Luck
Re: Expired Nigerian Passport In Uk by Lucasbalo(m): 6:18am On Nov 10, 2015
Guzye:

You can use your expired passport to Nigeria provided it's not over six months expired by your travel date. You must produce your British passport at the Airport too. Make sure your wife renew the Nigerian passport before returning to Britain.
Re: Expired Nigerian Passport In Uk by cozybunch: 7:46am On Nov 10, 2015
Lucasbalo:
You can use your expired passport to Nigeria provided it's not over six months expired by your travel date. You must produce your British passport at the Airport too. Make sure your wife renew the Nigerian passport before returning to Britain.

It does not have to be 6 months. Even when is over, he is returning to a country he has nationality identity. I have gone to nigeria with 2 plus years expiration and no questions asked. You just have to apply for a new one before coming back. Same with your dual country of citizenship. It is internationally accepted hence you are a citizen of that country

Good Luck

1 Like

Re: Expired Nigerian Passport In Uk by Guzye(m): 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2015
Lucasbalo:

Thank you very much

(1) (Reply)

Ghana 1 Week Holiday / Photos: Africa's Oldest Boat Discovered By Fulani Herdsman In Yobe,Nigeria / Dear Lagosians Help Me With Directions To VI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.