Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,000 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed (40360 Views)

Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again / The New EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Magu, 7 Things You Need To Know About Him / BREAKING: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by free2ryhme: 6:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
Hunter hunted, Gbam!
Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by bettercreature(m): 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2015
nikkiking:
Really

Let's agree to disagree with me that if all the yeebos should understand like us.

Honestly they won't be making noise!
They don't have sense like the Yorubas,their mentality is very low,this country does not give us anything,why dying for it? wealth is concentrated on few hands,whereas majority are suffering,so why fighting over it? go and ask people of south-sudan what they are going throught,its always soldier go soldier come
Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by Adminisher: 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2015
Thank God for this President.
Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by Adminisher: 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
nerodenero:
Ibrahim takes over from Ibrahim. I no see change grin grin.

Your problem is not even tribalism. I see inferiority complex inside.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by nikkiking(m): 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
bettercreature:
They don't have sense like the Yorubas,their mentality is very low,this country does not give us anything,why dying for it? wealth is concentrated on few hands,whereas majority are suffering,so why fighting over it? go and ask people of south-sudan what they are going throught,its always soldier go soldier come
Same thing l am saying.
Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by Kollyman: 6:18pm On Nov 09, 2015
Bobbystanley:
Watchout for Northernocracy

Why is it that the northerners are the non corrupt in this administration?

How did we get here?

It seems nothing good would come out of this administration after four years.

I'm a Wailer...Proudly 5%

Show me an igbo man that can be trusted when it comes to money.

Since there are no credible alternative from the east, PMB would surely consider the north. shocked

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by Jabioro: 6:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
I saw coming and is good development.. Lamode our money please
Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by Eruditor: 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2015
Bobbystanley:

How did we get here?

Nuhu Ribadu, Farida Waziri, Ibrahim Lamorde...from previous governments you celebrated. You didn't see it as northernocracy. Until a northerner selected another one...then it became a problem. Hypocrite.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by tellwisdom: 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2015
Abokii regime.. #IgiveUp sad
Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by Adminisher: 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2015
warrior01:
Another Notherner? Guy wetin na?

No offence meant but no Yoruba man or Ibo man should be given EFCC chairmanship.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by Pebcak: 6:25pm On Nov 09, 2015
they should have replaced him with JEGA
Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by j4sure(m): 6:25pm On Nov 09, 2015
heyahhhhhhhhhhhh
midolian:
Ibrahim Magu, a top level official of the Economic and Governance Unit of the EFCC, has been elevated to the position of chairman of the commission.  

This follows the removal today by the government of Ibrahim Lamorde, who had held that position since 2011.  

Magu is remembered as a no-nonsense investigator of the commission at its inception.  He was removed along with several other key officials by Farida Waziri when she became chairman in 2008.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/11/09/efcc-chairman-ibrahim-lamorde-removed

Ibrahim Magu
Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by Jarus(m): 6:25pm On Nov 09, 2015
Bobbystanley:

How did we get here?

With due respect, the best appointed public servants Nigeria has had since 1999 have been majorly northerners.

- Jega (INEC)
- El-Rufai (FCT)
- Sanusi (CBN)
- Ribadu (EFCC)

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 09, 2015
So only northerners can investigate fraud in this country. Whereas the biggest thieves are from the North.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by erinalex: 6:26pm On Nov 09, 2015
nerodenero:
Ibrahim takes over from Ibrahim. I no see change grin grin.
get it to your skull,the change we're talking about is NOT for someone like you. If you want "Transformation",go to biafra. Change is not meant for u. U can NEVER see it,so stop shouting "I no see change". Change is for Nigeria, Transformation is for biafra. Thank God you saw Transformation,so don't bother to see CHANGE. Disturb yourself with biafra,afterall you didn't vote for change.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 09, 2015
okay...
Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by warrior01: 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
Adminisher:

No offence meant but no Yoruba man or Ibo man should be given EFCC chairmanship.

Why?
Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by yinkeys(m): 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2015
Jarus:

With due respect, the best appointed public servants Nigeria has had since 1999 have been majorly northerners.

- Jega (INEC)
- El-Rufai (FCT)
- Sanusi (CBN)
- Ribadu (EFCC)

Akunyuli (NAFDAC)

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 09, 2015
Jarus:

- Jega (INEC)
- El-Rufai (FCT)
- Sanusi (CBN)
- Ribadu (EFCC)

You are blind. Receive sense of sight. Nigeria is richly endowed with good technocrats across board. Jega betrayed his master (snitch) and that is why he was tossed aside because a snitch can not be trusted. He had a retreat in Dubai with APC on how to rig the election in their favor. This is the same reason Dasuki is being prosecuted today because he had hard evidence against Jega but Jonathan being a weak leader could not act.

Sanusi betrayed the ethics of civil service by throwing erroneous figures to the public sphere in an attempt to discredit the government in place. He was running fan fare with CBN money donating to APC and possibly terror groups in order to dispose Jonathan - technocrat indeed

el' Rufia, once said Buhari is unelectable... Same man owns the Jabi Mall coming up. He had the mandate to develop Abuja for the benefit of all, he turned Abuja to his personal playground; forcefully taking away lands from people and giving them back to his girl friends and cronies which he even acknowledged in his book.

Ribadu is worse than them all. He is self seeking and any wise man will eat with a long spoon with him. From being an ACN presidential candidate to being a pdp governorship candidate tells a lot about his character. Jonathan gave him a mandate to forensically look into the finances of the NNPC with a team. Ribadu quickly put a damaging report which could not be substantiated with facts on ground; releases it to the press and later denied any links to the report only to turn up at the state house claiming that all reports both leaked and presented to the president is one and the same (snitch)

If snitching and deceit is the new creed for being a technocrat, then you are on point my brother.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by Jarus(m): 6:38pm On Nov 09, 2015
yinkeys:

Akunyuli (NAFDAC)

Yes, sure. And Ifeuko Omoigui (FIRS).

I only let the guy know that the northerners I listed were not appointed by Buhari.
Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by slightlyMad(f): 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2015
cant believe this.
Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by nerodenero: 6:40pm On Nov 09, 2015
erinalex:
get it to your skull,the change we're talking about is NOT for someone like you. If you want "Transformation",go to biafra. Change is not meant for u. U can NEVER see it,so stop shouting "I no see change". Change is for Nigeria, Transformation is for biafra. Thank God you saw Transformation,so don't bother to see CHANGE. Disturb yourself with biafra,afterall you didn't vote for change.
You are a big fool. My comment is devoid of "politricks" that you crazy PDP and APC cockroaches are known for.

Get it into your rotten rat-head, I'm no Biafran and anybody that doesn't align with your belief is in the opposition!!! Nawa o.

You be the biggest mumu ever known. Mind you, don't bother responding because I'll never dignify you with another response.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by cirmuell(m): 6:40pm On Nov 09, 2015
holyFRED:
Is that the EFCC chairman? undecided undecided

He looks like a yahoo boy grin grin
YBWL grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by gymer(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
From Ibrahim Larmode to Ibrahim Magun.
Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by MrDavidson: 6:42pm On Nov 09, 2015
Quite overdue, but a wonderful development. If the President had allowed him finish his tenure by Nov 23, it would have sent a wrong message to Buhari’s anti-graft talk.
Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by Jblessing(m): 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
http://lm.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnationalmirroronline.net%2Fnew%2Finfertility-mens-sperm-can-cause-miscarriages%2F&h=0AQHlLK4g&enc=AZMAjMtZo2ushjT86U9Kv5V-WUjU8U9EMlEC0tHm8Wb9svQqA4y8x2zWQ1Hw7chlSqCgxcaAKLy1y1tTsSBJfeoogfXpby3Qy9LfTIR7mGn9meODvzh-CB3WeAh16XZmG0vz6DytXZh9tOcHiu8fkM8q&s=1
Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by nerodenero: 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
Adminisher:

Your problem is not even tribalism. I see inferiority complex inside.
I doubt you know the meaning of inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by Jarus(m): 6:46pm On Nov 09, 2015
MIPNIG:

You are blind. Receive sense of sight. Nigeria is richly endowed with good technocrats across board. Jega betrayed his master (snitch) and that is why he was tossed aside because a snitch can not be trusted. He had a retreat in Dubai with APC on how to rig the election in their favor. This is the same reason Dasuki is being prosecuted today because he had hard evidence against Jega but Jonathan being a weak leader could not act.

Sanusi betrayed the ethics of civil service by throwing erroneous figures to the public sphere in an attempt to discredit the government in place. He was running fan fare with CBN money donating to APC and possibly terror groups in order to dispose Jonathan - technocrat indeed

el' Rufia, once said Buhari is unelectable... Same man owns the Jabi Mall coming up. He had the mandate to develop Abuja for the benefit of all, he turned Abuja to his personal playground; forcefully taking away lands from people and giving them back to his girl friends and cronies which he even acknowledged in his book.

Ribadu is worse than them all. He is self seeking and any wise man will eat with a long spoon with him. From being an ACN presidential candidate to being a pdp governorship candidate tells a lot about his character. Jonathan gave him a mandate to forensically look into the finances of the NNPC with a team. Ribadu quickly put a damaging report which could not be substantiated with facts on ground; releases it to the press and later denied any links to the report only to turn up at the state house claiming that all reports both leaked and presented to the president is one and the same (snitch)

If snitching and deceit is the new creed for being a technocrat, then you are on point my brother.

I wanted to do a comprehensive response to this, but seeing your "Jega Dubai retreat" part, I realised it was going to be a waste of my time. I don't engage people who believe basic fabrications and beer parlour tales.

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by Jesusloveyou: 6:46pm On Nov 09, 2015
bettercreature:
This man deserves DASUKI like treament,he is too corrupt
Hmmmm PMB should've replaced him with Nnamdi Kanu,to quench Biafra grin
who divert 1tr naira is better than d useless kanu that want to eliminate his own race from d surface of dis earth

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by Purej: 6:50pm On Nov 09, 2015
The CBN governor is next to be sacked, a man who helped the last administration to loot millions of dollars, a man who doesnt know the impact of his trial and error policy

1 Like

Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by OnReflection: 6:52pm On Nov 09, 2015
snadguy007:
Why was he removed in the first place??

Look no further than the machinations of corrupt former governors, like Bukola Saraki, who needed to eliminate capable hands from the EFCC.

A reminder about the hatchet job carried out by Farida Waziri, the blinged-to-the-eyeballs crime fighter... cool

Farida Waziri's Dark Fridays
By Saharareporters 8/7/08
Jul 9, 2008 - 8:16:14 AM

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has appointed Abdukadir Lanre Jimoh, a recently promoted Assistant Commissioner of Police to head one of its key enforcement teams. Mr. Jimoh was the main â hitman for the Sarakis in Ilorin, Kwara state. He is a notoriously wealthy police officer popularly known as “Lanre Olopa” in Ilorin because of his mob enforcement capabilities for the Sarakis . Jimoh has since resumed to the EFCC.

Saharareporters could not immediately confirm his new designation but EFCC sources said Bukola Saraki has directed Waziri to allow him manage â Governance Team , a team formerly managed by Ibrahim Magu who has been redeployed to the Nigerian police headquarters in Abuja.

Sources in the Nigerian Police Force, which seconded Mr. Jimoh to the EFCC, told Saharareporters that his recruitment to the EFCC clears the way for a total take over of the agency by corrupt former and current state governors.

Last Friday, Mrs. Farida Waziri, who attended a two day Commonwealth Business Council in London, fired 10 team leaders at the EFCC who were directly involved in prosecuting corrupt former governors. One of the top team leaders that was sacked is currently involved with the prosecution of James Ibori, the former governor of Delta State who faces multiple corruption charges before a Federal High Court in Kaduna. Also, the officer who investigated the looting of Societe Generale Bank of Nigeria PLC, the commercial bank ruined by the Saraki family was sacked.

Officers of the London Metropolitan Police met with Mrs. Waziri last Friday to discuss ongoing collaboration with the EFCC under her leadership, however, they are very disappointed to learn of the removal of key officers earlier trained at the EFCC to assist with UK related investigations, especially the removal of the officer investigating James Ibori's case at the EFCC.

Mrs. Farida Waziri, the new Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) boss has concluded plans to scuttle the ongoing trial of former governor of Delta State, James Ibori. The EFCC chairperson who is currently attending a Commonwealth Business Council meeting in London secretly redeployed Bello Yahaya, a Superintendent of Police back to the Nigerian Police headquarters in Abuja. Prior to his redeployment, Bello was the key EFCC officer who investigated Ibori for massive corruption and graft while he was the governor of Delta State from 1999 to 2007. Bello who had trained with the London Metropolitan Police, was the designated officer handling cases involving the London Metropolitan Police in Nigeria. Bello is yet to be given a new posting by the police authorities in Abuja. With his removal Ibori's case will lose its key investigating police officer.

In what has now become a Friday tradition at the EFCC, Mrs. Waziri signed off on the transfer of Osita Nwajah, EFCC’s spokesman to Enugu where he will serve as an assistant director for the EFCC. The Enugu office is an outstation headed by a Head of Operations, several levels below Osita’s current rank in the agency. This is seen by observers as a demotion aimed humiliating him to resign. This is the second time Osita will be transferred in the last two weeks on the assumption that he is being deployed to serve as the media anchor for the Enugu office.

Also redeployed is the former head of the banking and fraud unit Muhammed Wakili, an Assistant Commissioner of Police who was until his redeployment the deputy director of operations. He is known to have acted for Ibrahim Lamorde, the former acting Chairman of EFCC. Wakilli has been deployed to Gombe a relatively new office which hardly handles more than a dozen cases per month.

Bukar Abba, the deputy director of organizational services at the headquarters has also been transferred to Gombe as an accounts officer. His former position like that of Dapo Olorunyomi has been phased out of the EFCC.

It is believed that in seeking to remove all of EFCC officials seen to be loyal to the former chairman, Nuhu Ribadu, Mrs. Waziri also removed Bala Ciroma, the head of operations at the Ministry of Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja. His office is also being scrapped because of his reported loyalty to the former minister of the FCT –Nasir El - Rufai, a known friend of Nuhu Ribadu. s friend, Ciroma is also yet to be redeployed by the Nigerian Police headquarters.

The head of legal operations in the Lagos office, Saidu Atteh said to be one of the finest officers in the Lagos office of the EFCC and Emeka Nwonyi, the head of operations in Gombe has also been redeployed back to the police headquarters.

Another investigator, Abubakar Madaki, who has worked on the corruption investigations of several former governors including those of Ekiti and Oyo State, Ayodele Fayose, Rashidi Ladoja and his deputy, Bayo Alao Akala, as well as the celebrated case of the Vaswani Brothers has also been redeployed back to the police in Abuja.

Also swept off is the highly dreaded investigator, Ibrahim Magu who until his redeployment was a versatile investigator who moved between Abuja and Lagos offices of the EFCC.

Saharareporters had revealed how corrupt former governors recruited Mrs. Waziri. We also reported that she received a list of officers to be removed before she resumed office. A presidency official knowledgeable about her so-called a restructuring told our reporters that, “she has carried out the agreement between her, the Inspector General of Police, Mike Okiro, Kwara State Governor Bukola Saraki as well as Ibori to the letter.

Another EFCC official who spoke on the basis of anonymity with Saharareporters said, Her decisions have come on Fridays since she resumed office and all these Fridays of decision announcements are characterized by an all day power failure when even the agency's power generating systems remain shut down. This reality has led commission staff to dub every Friday as "Dark Fridays".

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde Removed by Jesusloveyou: 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2015
tellwisdom:
Abokii regime.. #IgiveUp sad
why not give down? So so up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ayo Fayose Reacts To The Outcome Of Bayelsa & Kogi Election / Don’t Blame My Running Mate — Lyon On Supreme Court Judgement / Nimat Siaka Received By Governor Akeredolu Ahead Of Anti-Drug Abuse Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.