Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Why I Rejected Bailout –udom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Rejected Bailout –udom (683 Views)

I Rejected Biafra With Only 5 Igbo States, I Want Rivers, Benue Too– Nnamdi Kanu / How I Rejected N1Billion Bribe – Amaechi / Bugaje To Buhari: I Rejected Your Appointment Because My Hands Are Full (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Rejected Bailout –udom by speedyGonzales: 7:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
AKWA Ibom State Gover­nor, Udom Emmanuel, has explained why he did not accept bailout fund offered states by the Federal Gov­ernment. President Muham­madu Buhari had approved bailout for states who are ow­ing salaries.

Speaking at the weekend, in a town hall meeting with journalists and other stake­holders in Uyo, the gover­nor said he rejected bailout because he did not want to mortgage the future of Akwa Ibom people.

Governor Emmanuel said he would not borrow money he does not need and by so doing, leave a huge debt for future governors to pay.

He also denied spending N3.7 billion to celebrate the 28th anniversary of the state last September.

Addressing newsmen for the first since he was sworn in as governor on May 29, Udom said he never had such an amount to spend on the celebration; and that the 28th anniversary was the cheapest of similar events ever cel­ebrated in the state.

“The money was not there. For the first time, we did an­niversary without a state ban­quet in the evening because we were moving with the time. If I had N3.7 billion, I would use it to flood the state with industries. I didn’t have even N.7 billion; not even N.5 billion was spent,” Udom said. He lamented the negative media focus on his administration and appealed to journalists not to at all times be adversarial; rather they should applaud govern­ment when they do good and constructively criticise when they veer off the course. I am not saying that you should applaud everything we are doing; we welcome construc­tive criticism, criticism that is done without malice. Let us start a new narrative of con­structive engagement devoid of the negative impulse to pull each other down, for when we pull our people down, we in­variably pull ourselves down.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/why-i-rejected-bailout-udom/
Re: Why I Rejected Bailout –udom by evanscheck(m): 8:00pm On Nov 09, 2015
I think an agency shud be set up to monitor the media, they are doing anything in their power to sell their news... at the detrement of the truth...
Re: Why I Rejected Bailout –udom by Young03(m): 8:01pm On Nov 09, 2015
This will make back page

no source
Re: Why I Rejected Bailout –udom by speedyGonzales: 8:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
Young03:
This will make back page

no source

yah! forgot to put it, but it is rectified now!
Re: Why I Rejected Bailout –udom by CharlyNick: 8:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
Duplicate of Akpabio
Re: Why I Rejected Bailout –udom by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
CharlyNick:
Duplicate of Akpabio

duplicate of mr IBU!
Re: Why I Rejected Bailout –udom by saint047(m): 8:12pm On Nov 09, 2015
Nice one
Re: Why I Rejected Bailout –udom by Doshmynthrill(m): 11:48pm On Nov 20, 2015
speedyGonzales:
AKWA Ibom State Gover­nor, Udom Emmanuel, has explained why he did not accept bailout fund offered states by the Federal Gov­ernment. President Muham­madu Buhari had approved bailout for states who are ow­ing salaries.

Speaking at the weekend, in a town hall meeting with journalists and other stake­holders in Uyo, the gover­nor said he rejected bailout because he did not want to mortgage the future of Akwa Ibom people.

Governor Emmanuel said he would not borrow money he does not need and by so doing, leave a huge debt for future governors to pay.

He also denied spending N3.7 billion to celebrate the 28th anniversary of the state last September.

Addressing newsmen for the first since he was sworn in as governor on May 29, Udom said he never had such an amount to spend on the celebration; and that the 28th anniversary was the cheapest of similar events ever cel­ebrated in the state.

“The money was not there. For the first time, we did an­niversary without a state ban­quet in the evening because we were moving with the time. If I had N3.7 billion, I would use it to flood the state with industries. I didn’t have even N.7 billion; not even N.5 billion was spent,” Udom said. He lamented the negative media focus on his administration and appealed to journalists not to at all times be adversarial; rather they should applaud govern­ment when they do good and constructively criticise when they veer off the course. I am not saying that you should applaud everything we are doing; we welcome construc­tive criticism, criticism that is done without malice. Let us start a new narrative of con­structive engagement devoid of the negative impulse to pull each other down, for when we pull our people down, we in­variably pull ourselves down.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/why-i-rejected-bailout-udom/

HERES AN IDEA ! WHY DONT YOU MAKE YOUR OWN ARTICLES INSTEAD OF JUST COPYING AND PASTE ALL THE TIME... oh wait you cant because you are a retärd.

(1) (Reply)

FG Will Curb Unemployment, Says Ngige / Oshiomhole Biggest Thief In Benin City, Says Igbinedion / Massive Turnout As Hid’s Body Arrives Ibadan For Final Burial, See Pictures - Se

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.