Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes (1030 Views)

Looters Burying Stolen Funds In Forests, Burial Grounds – FG / BIAFRA: South-south Group Kicks Against Secession - Dailytimes / 'Radio Biafra: Protest Turns Bloody, Four Shot' - Daily Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes by EasternLion: 8:19am On Nov 10, 2015
Commercial activities in Aba, Abia State, were on Monday, grounded following protests by pro-Biafra groups led by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

This is even as South East governors, leadership of Ohanaeze Ndigbo and other stakeholders are to meet in Owerri, the Imo State capital, to find a lasting solution on the activities of the pro-Brafra groups in the area.

IPOB had at the weekend called on residents of the city to come out in protest against the continued detention of Director of Radio Biafra, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu on Monday.

All the markets in the city including Cemetery, Ariaria, Etche Road, Ekeoha Shopping Center and Ahia Ohuru were shut down by the IPOB members while police shot tear gas to disperse the crowd around the park area in Aba Town Hall.

The protesters moved from one market to another to enforce compliance with the Ariaria International market as take off point. They took over the city as early as 8am.

The protesters had weekend warned residents of Aba to stay indoors on Monday as the protest would continue.

Though Umuahia, the state capital, was peaceful, the demonstration in Aba was overwhelming as over 3 million IPOB members some of them dressed in the movement’s uniform including members from Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Rivers and Cross River states members marched from the popular Ariaria International market, through Faulks, Brass and Okigwe roads to the park.

They also blocked Port Harcourt Road, Eziukwu, Milverton, Asa, Azikiwe and Uratta. All the vehicles plying the routes were forced to park as they marched on foot. The protesters carried placards with the inscription, “Free Nnamdi Kanu;” “Give us freedom,” among others, and chanting solidarity songs like, “as from today, no more zoo,” “Ihenile zuroke n’ala Biafra, “No more zoo, no more zoo, no more zoo,” among others.

However at the time of filing the report, no death had been recorded as the protest was peaceful. The number of protesters appeared to have overwhelmed the security agencies as they were nowhere to be seen.

Reacting, the Abia State government described the news of the protest as rumour, just as it lauded Aba residents for resisting the call to partake in the protest.

In a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Godwin Adindu, he said the state was calm and peaceful. He accused the opposition of masterminding the protest as a disguise for their plan to cause breach of the peace.

Meanwhile, worried by the activities of the pro-Brafra groups in the South East zone, Chairman of Governors Forum of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, on Monday, called for a meeting with governors for the zone, leadership of Ohanaeze Ndigbo and other stakeholders to find a lasting solution on the activities of the pro-Brafra groups in the area.

Gov. Okorocha, who had earlier disassociated the governors and leaders of the zone of the growing protest of the pro-Brafra groups, described the activities of the separatists as embarrassing, disturbing, counter-productive and distractive.

According to him, the pro-Biafra protests could not be in the interest of the South-East people but were only sending wrong signals to the rest of Nigerians. He said that it has become increasingly necessary for the governors in the zone, Ohaneze leaders and other stakeholders in the area to meet, to call a spade, a spade.

It is also expected that at the end of the Owerri meeting, the governors and other leaders will take a common position and will also invite the leaders of the pro-Biafra groups for a meeting, to let them know the socio-economic and political implications of their activities including their demand for sovereignty in a united Nigeria.

He said the governors and leaders in the zone could no longer sit and watch the whole situation degenerate and also noted that the Igbos as a people cannot afford to have its own kind of Boko Haram.

He also wondered why the pro-Biafra apologists kept quiet all these years only to resume their violent protests and activities this time and few months after the new administration in the country came on board.

Okorocha had earlier met with the security chiefs in the state on how to ensure that the pro-Biafra protests across the South-East states at the moment won’t be experienced in Imo State.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/pro-biafra-protest-grounds-aba/

CC: Obinsoscopy, Lalasticlala
Re: Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes by Ufranklin92(m): 8:25am On Nov 10, 2015
okorocha is a He goat

4 Likes

Re: Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes by EasternLion: 8:27am On Nov 10, 2015
Naijapips02

I sight you. cheesy cheesy
Re: Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes by naijapips02: 8:29am On Nov 10, 2015
Yeah, i watched the zombie parade. Umu york aba. Most of those guys protesting don't even know what the heck biafra is all about. Aba peeps too like follow follow.

angry meanwhile, a credible source just confirmed that Nnamdi kanu has just being raped by an uncircumcised nimrod wielding boko haram inmate.
Re: Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes by naijapips02: 8:30am On Nov 10, 2015
EasternLion:
Naijapips02

I sight you. cheesy cheesy

umu Colombia na umu york. Nothing exciting. cool
Re: Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes by EasternLion: 8:32am On Nov 10, 2015
naijapips02:
Yeah, i watched the zombie parade. Umu york aba. Most of those guys protesting don't even know what the heck biafra is all about. Aba peeps too like follow follow.

angry meanwhile, a credible just confirmed that Nnamdi kanu has just being raped by an uncircumcised nimrod wielding boko haram inmate.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

call them Umu york Aba. but we were plenty, I was there, with my vuvuzela flute, I was like

piiiiiiii puu puuu piiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

and for your gayish comment, f*ck you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes by naijapips02: 8:33am On Nov 10, 2015
EasternLion:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

call them Umu york Aba. but we were plenty, I was there, with my vuvuzela flute, I was like

piiiiiiii puu puuu piiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

and for your gayish comment, f*ck you cheesy

cheesy yeah, you guys put up a good show. I enjoyed myself.
Re: Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes by truefact: 8:35am On Nov 10, 2015
naijapips02:

angry meanwhile, a credible source just confirmed that Nnamdi kanu has just being raped by an uncircumcised nimrod wielding boko haram inmate.
You clowns that know what biafra is about, why didn't you protest?

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes by kingdompropty: 8:37am On Nov 10, 2015
Did Daily Times say 3m? Let the hear any one from South W.... Say they are a few thousand.

Buhari hmmmmm.
Re: Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes by naijapips02: 8:37am On Nov 10, 2015
truefact:
You that know what biafra is about, why didn't you protest?
because we know it's a zombie fantasy and we are not zombies like you frauds.
Re: Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 10, 2015
For one thing am sure of is that, one day Biafra will stand. And rochas will be murdered like Gaddafi

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes by kingdompropty: 8:39am On Nov 10, 2015
naijapips02:

In your life time and mine we shall witch Biafra Independence march. Amen.
Re: Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes by naijapips02: 8:41am On Nov 10, 2015
googlepikin:
For one thing am sure of is that, one day Biafra will stand. And rochas will be murdered like Gaddafi
Re: Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes by naijapips02: 8:42am On Nov 10, 2015
googlepikin:

If There's one thing I'm sure of, it's that biafra would never stand and Rochas would be the president of a united Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes by Keegan: 8:53am On Nov 10, 2015
What's the programme for today? When are they going to march on nairaland?
Re: Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes by naijapips02: 9:11am On Nov 10, 2015
Keegan:
What's the programme for today? When are they going to march on nairaland?

very soon.
Re: Pro-biafra Protest Grounds Aba - Dailytimes by zik4ever: 11:53am On Nov 10, 2015
I am not Igbo and I am neither Hausa nor Yoruba and this issue isn't just about one tribe. More people are joining for various reasons. At this stage, I need to make a contribution. Parts of Port Harcourt especially Aba road is currently locked down due to the IPOD protests. Even the security forces have gotten tired of firing tear gas. The government of Nigeria needs to manage this situation with better tact and dexterity so that we do not have a full blown crisis on our hands. I don't see the government and security agencies being able to fight on multiple fronts. They have not defeated Boko Haram. Places like Taraba State are on the precipice. Forget all braggadocio, the Niger Delta is becoming more restive and criminality is escalating nationwide. The Fulani-farmers killings are resulting in more fatalities and some of the marauders have become even more murderous. Women and children are being raped. Bank robberies are on the uptick. Jobless, hungry and angry people are getting agitated. Civil servants got paid last week and many are still being owed. Whoever has access to those in power, should tell them something is about to give!

(1) (Reply)

St / Delta State Approves Over N5billion Naira For Road Construction / See What Late Sani Abacha & His Wife Maryam Used 2 Look Like At Younger Age(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.