Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,855 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC (68511 Views)

Who Got This From Nysc Osun / Which States Make Sense For Medical Graduates, NYSC / 2,500 Medical Graduates May Miss NYSC – Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by Nicepoker(m): 2:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
Hehehhehehehe. They will appreciate that 15k in ebonyi.
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by Irore: 3:00pm On Nov 10, 2015
Freemanan:

Its corps my dear.

All na doctor we they call them abi opthamologist no be doctor?
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by confun: 3:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
d33types:
Who suffers from the ineptitude? NIGERIANS

Lets educate those that aren't aware of the situation..
To partake in the compulsory internship by new doctors, MDCN offers them (doctors) a provisional license lasting 2yrs. After this license expires and the doctor would have finished his housejob, the same mdcn would offer a full license to practice medicine unsupervised, after which the doctor would proceed on the NYSC posting.

Now,because of the Nigerian factor of ineptitude,corruption and "not my business" ,the MDCN after collecting money from these doctors for the permanent license ,have been delaying to release them for service. It takes 3days to verify info and print licenses so I see no reason for this delay..

Meanwhile ,these doctors are idle pending when the license will be issued..
At the end , the license is mostly issued or the fakes sent home. It's the doctors time that is wasted ...

Sense is scarce o
bros, una get time to dey explain o, av u heard of reading without understanding? So many pp on nairaland read without understanding because dey are kids... Av paid for my full licence since God knows wen, dey neva give me d licence, na only receipt dem give me, dey said dey will contact me wen ready, till tomorrow d tin neva ready..what a country....
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by barcaboi(m): 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
WombRaiders:
Liars!

The cant afford to pay their allowee any more.

Useless APC govt.

Well, if any body will suffer it will be the same northerners whose respective state govts depend wholly on NYSC graduates to fill in as Doctors and teachers.

1. have u seen doctors going to camp without going through medical sch?

2. find out things b4 u start spewing rubbish because it makes u feel silly.

3. everyone knows how much respect medicos are given in all camps and irrespective of that, the organisation/hospital they work for pay dem the cash.....so what is APCs fault in demanding the normal protocol to protect citizens. ....dem tell you say doctors dey3y complain?
ask ur friends d standard practice instead of blaming APC for everything even if u bedwet....

FYI; even lawyers go to law school before going to camp.....at least all my friends in law did....
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 10, 2015
barcaboi:

1. have u seen doctors going to camp without going through medical sch?

2. find out things b4 u start spewing rubbish because it makes u feel silly.

3. everyone knows how much respect medicos are given in all camps and irrespective of that, the organisation/hospital they work for pay dem the cash.....so what is APCs fault in demanding the normal protocol to protect citizens. ....dem tell you say doctors dey3y complain?
ask ur friends d standard practice instead of blaming APC for everything even if u bedwet....

FYI; even lawyers go to law school before going to camp.....at least all my friends in law did....

stop spewing trash.

All medical students are qualified doctors on graduation and FYI you dont go to service before graduating from Medical school.

Wasn't this the norm before?
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by Madeb: 3:20pm On Nov 10, 2015
WombRaiders:
Liars!

Useless APC govt.

Well, if any body will suffer it will be the same northerners whose respective state govts depend wholly on NYSC graduates to fill in as Doctors and teachers.

. All d NYSC (doctors and others) receive d same allowee frm FG, But the money frm their PPA is varied. stop abusing anybody
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by Adonis86(m): 3:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
Using graduates from diverse fields as teachers and using medical graduates as doctors, which one is more dangerous to the future of a nation?
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2015
Madeb:
. All d NYSC (doctors and others) receive d same allowee frm FG, But the money frm their PPA is varied. stop abusing anybody

And where does this allowance discrepancy come from? Isn't it becomes they are considered professional doctors during their service owing to the fact that the graduated from Medical school and that they are posted to hospitals as medical doctors?

olofo
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by mignone(f): 3:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
HARDDON:
Is this the way forward?

Imagine some1 that spent 6-7years in sch, waiting another year or two b4 embacking on service to father land!

They want them to grow grey hairs first huh?

&wldn't u prefer dt 2 all manner of'em being churned out. I pray u or urs doesn't av an encounter wif dem unseasoned physicians... I knw wat i'm saying
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by mignone(f): 3:35pm On Nov 10, 2015
HARDDON:
Is this the way forward?

Imagine some1 that spent 6-7years in sch, waiting another year or two b4 embacking on service to father land!

They want them to grow grey hairs first huh?

&wldn't u prefer dt 2 all manner of'em being churned out. I pray u or urs doesn't av an encounter wif dem unseasoned physicians... I knw wat i'm saying plus I doubt if it wld take up 2 two yrs; isn't it to prove their competence to d regulating body
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by dino2006(m): 3:37pm On Nov 10, 2015
And how the flipping fvck is this news? Corp doctors have always been mandated to produce their mdcn permanent license in camp. So what has changed? Or am I reading a different article?
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by mignone(f): 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2015
dason4life:
Nice Move jor,
SAY NO TO QUACK DOCTORS. angry

I would have been angry if it was a total scrap, but they will still participate but as a professional.

****Wailers Can Die****

a million likes for u my brother; I wonder what defence ppl are putting up

1 Like

Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by ameynuJR(m): 3:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
Clearing Throat uhmmmmmm......

Oya make una ol listen....Anybody wey him mama born am well will not go against this development, how many of una wey him bro or sis died in the hands of quack doctors ? Y'all don suck!!!
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by jomoh: 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2015
400billionman:
grin
To collect N130,000 allawee for 12 months.
No be beans..
Infact, i am a doctor. I want to serve under NYSC..

Witch doctor or Herbal doctor.
Which one?
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by chukel(m): 3:47pm On Nov 10, 2015
This is absolute nonsense. This is gross misinformation to the public. No medical Doctor goes for service without obtaining permanent license. This is the sequence of events in medical life. Medical school of at least 6yrs( some spend up to 10yrs), followed by housemanship of at least 1yr( some chop extension and have more than 1yr). At the end if housemanship, the doctor proceeds for NYSC. Note that while doing housemanship what the doctor has is a provisional license. On completing housemanship, he gets permanent license. Now tell me what nonsense these people are talking about. No doctor has gone for service before housemanship. We don't even need the service. It sets us back. I tried everything to jump it during my time. Unfortunately I couldn't falsify my age upwards. They should scrap it.

5 Likes

Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by HARDDON: 3:47pm On Nov 10, 2015
mignone:

&wldn't u prefer dt 2 all manner of'em being churned out. I pray u or urs doesn't av an encounter wif dem unseasoned physicians... I knw wat i'm saying plus I doubt if it wld take up 2 two yrs; isn't it to prove their competence to d regulating body

it does not change no jack, besides, Nigerian Medicine is eons away from what is obtainable in the advanced world.

a jill is a jill, whether u keep him 4 more years or not
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by mignone(f): 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2015
Joel3:
that is how a corp. member almost blind my father eye balls from quack eye operations in one of the big hospital in town that offers free treatment but you buy their drugs. using humans as experiments. if you are in any hospital for operations and you see a corp member with a knife or injection run for your life.

u can say that again my brother. dt was ow i was in a govt hospital afta an accident&d corper doc said i'd no fracture whereas the fractures were serious ones that wld av rendered me useless attaining middle age. Thank God say my mama no dey believe one doc
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by mignone(f): 3:49pm On Nov 10, 2015
Joel3:
that is how a corp. member almost blind my father eye balls from quack eye operations in one of the big hospital in town that offers free treatment but you buy their drugs. using humans as experiments. if you are in any hospital for operations and you see a corp member with a knife or injection run for your life.

u can say that again my brother. dt was ow i was in a govt hospital afta an accident&d corper doc said i'd no fracture whereas the fractures were serious ones that wld av rendered me useless attaining middle age. Thank God say my mama no dey believe one doc. or is it when they consult with their medical reference e-books with d patient right before them?
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by 400billionman: 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
jomoh:

Witch doctor or Herbal doctor.

Which one?

Excuse me

Doctor of Womanology...
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by klassicview: 3:58pm On Nov 10, 2015
universities in the zooo produce quack. Now Your Sufferings Continues NYSC.
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by success10(m): 4:00pm On Nov 10, 2015
Joel3:
hahahahha..
u no go kill person.
hahahahhahah
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by jacoik(m): 4:08pm On Nov 10, 2015
what of dental department plssss. ant news about that?
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by lebete3000: 4:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
dokiOloye:
instead of mapping out strategies to detect and root out d so called quacks,they just chose to bar both d genuine and fake,meaning docs will have to wait for many months till their permanent licence is ready b4 proceeding to 'serve'.
SMH for d country.

This topic seems to really mislead me men....Is it dat the post internship doctor will wait for a period of time before going for service or what cos what I seem to understand from d topic is dat fresh medical graduands won't be allowed service and dat is actually what is obtainable presently cos you have to go for internship first b4 service.
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by lebete3000: 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2015
DollyParton1:

You graduate from med school with a provisional license.
The rule is that you can only serve with the full licence you get after internship.

Is d rule being flouted? I know dat I paid for my full practising licence registration b4 going for service, though I'm yet to collect the Certificate but I got the receipt so I honestly don't understand the difference in what d FG is saying.
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by lebete3000: 4:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
confun:
bros, una get time to dey explain o, av u heard of reading without understanding? So many pp on nairaland read without understanding because dey are kids... Av paid for my full licence since God knows wen, dey neva give me d licence, na only receipt dem give me, dey said dey will contact me wen ready, till tomorrow d tin neva ready..what a country....

So what's different in what d FG said and one who has gotten his receipt for full licence registration. I don't think there's any difference in what FG is saying cos it's actually those who've gotten their licence dat usually went for service in d first place.
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by lebete3000: 4:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
dino2006:
And how the flipping fvck is this news? Corp doctors have always been mandated to produce their mdcn permanent license in camp. So what has changed? Or am I reading a different article?

My brother I wonder too oh....i'm yet to make sense of d article men.
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by lebete3000: 4:44pm On Nov 10, 2015
chukel:
This is absolute nonsense. This is gross misinformation to the public. No medical Doctor goes for service without obtaining permanent license. This is the sequence of events in medical life. Medical school of at least 6yrs( some spend up to 10yrs), followed by housemanship of at least 1yr( some chop extension and have more than 1yr). At the end if housemanship, the doctor proceeds for NYSC. Note that while doing housemanship what the doctor has is a provisional license. On completing housemanship, he gets permanent license. Now tell me what nonsense these people are talking about. No doctor has gone for service before housemanship. We don't even need the service. It sets us back. I tried everything to jump it during my time. Unfortunately I couldn't falsify my age upwards. They should scrap it.

I was wondering what d fuss too is about oh...ds APC na govt for the gullible. Them go just say one tin and people go just jump like mumu dey celebrate wetin dey know nothing about.

Nigerians are very easy to scam. We think we're wise cos we do yahoo fraud but honestly we're d dumbest creatures on earth. All it takes to hide something from us is to put it in a book.
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by lebete3000: 4:49pm On Nov 10, 2015
mignone:

u can say that again my brother. dt was ow i was in a govt hospital afta an accident&d corper doc said i'd no fracture whereas the fractures were serious ones that wld av rendered me useless attaining middle age. Thank God say my mama no dey believe one doc. or is it when they consult with their medical reference e-books with d patient right before them?

Your last statement is wat I want to make clear...he was probably checking for d dose of a drug as there are million medications and he has to know d exact dose to give...ds things are really difficult to memorize and it takes years of practise to know dem off-hand. Even abroad in d USA you see walls where dosage of drugs commonly used are pasted for reference.

I've said it times without number Nigerian doctors are among the best in Africa, otherwise we won't we acing PLAB & USMLE which are int'l exams. Ofcourse they'll always be unserious students who probably escaped from medical school or bought their way through med school but most doctors are actually trying I can assure you of that.

4 Likes

Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2015
WombRaiders:
Liars!

Useless APC govt.

Exactly my thought
However, I served in Bayelsa. I can tell u that the situation is same here. The state government depends solely on corp members both in teaching and doctors.

Their teachers aren't enough. Dickson place embargo on employment. The state government has only 120 doctors in government payroll.
Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 10, 2015
chukel:

I read the post till the end and I guess the problems are coming from NYSC teams.
At the orientation camp, it is expected that every doctor should present his permennt registration/license.
However all these are not dully followed in all camps. Some camps out of negligence and pity allowed some "doctors" without this. Maybe they present sch testimonials and provisional license if at all.

In my case, I presented my provisional license in addition to evidence of completing my House job, the madam rejected it, I have to leave the camp next day to Enugu to get the permanent license which I paid and got without delay.

1 Like

Re: FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC by mignone(f): 5:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
sniperr007:

Why shud dey wait. Those with fund shud sharply flee from d country to where dey r beta respected. As for those without funds... Take heart and save ur house job salary.

very well... where they are better respected but their arrogant &unprofessional attitudes not tolerated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

RiversRerun: NYSC Confirms Killing Of A Corper During Election / Dwarf Corper Leads Parade, Wows Other Corpers (Video) / Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.