Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,056 members, 7,825,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? (2280 Views)

5 Steps Christians Can Fulfil God's Purpose For Their Lives. / Fulfilling Purpose In Life / How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 10, 2015
Is God still relevant?
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Rapoo(m): 8:04pm On Nov 10, 2015
Its only a fool dat says there is no God,,, God's purpose for you is to give you external life. For the thought he has for us are thought of good and not of evil so as to give us a better end

2 Likes

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 10, 2015
Rapoo:
Its only a fool dat says there is no God,,, God's purpose for you is to give you external life. For the thought he has for us are thought of good and not of evil so as to give us a better end
In the near future, brain transplants could be achievable. Stay alive till then.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Rapoo(m): 8:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

In the near future brain transplants could be achievable. Stay alive till then.

God loves you brother!! So repent and give ur life to our lord Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
Rapoo:

God loves you brother!! So repent and give ur life to our lord Jesus Christ
Stay on topic. Have no time to discuss dead Jews and broken crosses.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Aceed: 8:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
God's purpose in the world today is to make you sincerely accept Jesus Christ into your life.
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aceed:
God's purpose in the world today is to make you sincerely accept Jesus Christ into your life.
Well, what a waste of his divine powers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by frank317: 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2015
I have been asking this question with no valuable answer.
If I am asked to believe in God.. What purpose will a believe in God serve in my life?
I will still hustle to make ends meet, work hard for my daily bread, f"*k my wife to get her pregnant and she would still go through the painful labour to have my child. Believing in a God will not stop me from dying from either accident or sickness.
Believing in a God does not make me abnormally better than my peers.
I don't really see what the hype is all about.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by frank317: 8:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aceed:

Ya sure, the all mighthy created the earth moon, stars, galaxies, humans just for me to accept Jesus. Truly waste of devine almighty power.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Aceed: 8:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Well, what a waste of his divine powers.

Who knows, Paul(Saul) might have said that...anyway Jesus isnLt done with you yet and His powers are not wasted because of Isaiah 55:11.

And by the way even satan can't even estimate the power of Jesus unless he wants to deceive you.

#JesusIsLord

1 Like

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Rapoo(m): 8:53pm On Nov 10, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Stay on topic. Have no time to discuss dead Jews and broken crosses.
Repent bro! I rest my case here
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Aceed: 8:54pm On Nov 10, 2015
frank317:

Ya sure, the all mighthy created the earth moon, stars, galaxies, humans just for me to accept Jesus. Truly waste of devine almighty power.

uhmm....whats the first law of thermodynamics?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Aceed: 8:59pm On Nov 10, 2015
frank317:
If I am asked to believe in God.. What purpose will a believe in God serve in my life?
I will still hustle to make ends meet, work hard for my daily bread, f"*k my wife to get her pregnant and she would still go through the painful labour to have my child. Believing in a God will not stop me from dying from either accident or sickness.

Frankly, not serving Jesus doesn't still change the fact that you have to work to eat or have s3x with your wife or that your wife won't feel the pains of child labour or you dying one day!
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by bxcode(m): 9:04pm On Nov 10, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Is God still relevant?
Why do you hate God? Because from from your question, i can deduce that you know he exists but have difficulties in relating with him.
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by malvisguy212: 9:37pm On Nov 10, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Is God still relevant?
Did He [God] exist?

Answer this questions.
Do you want there to be a God? Why/why not? What would He be like if the answer is yes?
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Image123(m): 10:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Is God still relevant?

Interesting, you still have nightmares and headaches about God's relevance. Try hardest to fully convince yourself, it removes nothing from the fact.
'
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power , when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

3 Likes

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Image123(m): 10:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
Psa 19:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handiwork.
Psa 19:2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night showeth knowledge.
Psa 19:3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 10, 2015
Well I guess the purpose of God is like a toy for an adult. Obviously as children you needed toy gun, car, doll etc but growing into adulthood, the same way you were tricked with toys is the same way you being trick with religion, money, Sneakers, etc Technically, your God(s) is relevant as toy for adult, we have many of them such as Zeues, christian God, Allah, Toa, Buddha etc just pick one to play with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 11, 2015
op.. which god re u referring to in particular?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 11, 2015
Good question.

But how is lucifer any more relevant?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by plaetton: 7:05am On Nov 11, 2015
Rapoo:

Meaningless kindergarten babble.
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by plaetton: 7:05am On Nov 11, 2015
krattoss:
op.. which god re u referring to in particular?

Good question.
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by plaetton: 7:13am On Nov 11, 2015
aaronson:
Well I guess the purpose of God is like a toy for an adult. Obviously as children you needed toy gun, car, doll etc but growing into adulthood, the same way you were tricked with toys is the same way you being trick with religion, money, Sneakers, etc Technically, your God(s) is relevant as toy for adult, we have many of them such as Zeues, christian God, Allah, Toa, Buddha etc just pick one to play with.

Let me put it in a simpler way.

As children, we are hoodwinked with the Tooth fairy, Santa Claus , as well as the big bad monster in our backyards, standing there to make sure we were good little boys and girls.

In adulthood, we simply substitute the Tooth fairy with another invisible entity we call god, Santa Claus for Jeezeus, and Satan for the big bad monster.

The funny thing is that we laugh at children for believing in the Tooth fairy, while we indulge in basically the same adoration of other invisible imaginary beings.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by plaetton: 7:19am On Nov 11, 2015
bxcode:

Why do you hate God? Because from from your question, i can deduce that you know he exists but have difficulties in relating with him.

It shouldn't take too much of a comprehension skill to figure that the op is simply asking, of the relevance of the IDEA or NOTION of god( which is what it is) in this 21st century.
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by plaetton: 7:22am On Nov 11, 2015
Aceed:

Lol.
Surely, god can't be that dumb . shocked

But then, undecided god is usually as dumb, as smart or as schizophrenic as the mind that creates it.
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by malvisguy212: 7:33am On Nov 11, 2015
plaetton:

as well as the big bad monster in our backyards, standing there to make sure we were good little boys and girls.

how is something who wanted to teach us a good moral behavior a bad monster?what is bad about Him? Why calling Him bad if He doesn't exist in the first place? Can you reply the questions I ask the op ?
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by CltrAltDelicious(m): 7:39am On Nov 11, 2015
God is as relevant as "ueue" in the word "Queue" tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by plaetton: 7:46am On Nov 11, 2015
malvisguy212:
how is something who wanted to teach us a good moral behavior a bad monster?what is bad about Him? Why calling Him bad if He doesn't exist in the first place? Can you reply the questions I ask the op ?

Obviously, you missed the point.
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by hahn(m): 8:10am On Nov 11, 2015
Suya grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by malvisguy212: 8:15am On Nov 11, 2015
plaetton:

Obviously, you missed the point.
what's the point you are trying to make?
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:40am On Nov 11, 2015
frank317:

You don't make any sense
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:41am On Nov 11, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Is God still relevant?

What are your reasons for questioning the relevance of God in our present world ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akiane's Story Proves Atheists Wrong: Born To Atheists Yet Religious As A Baby / Oyedepo Issues Update On N100bn World's Largest Auditorium { Photos } / Pastor Confesses"god Told Me To Insert Fingers Into Female Private?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.