Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? (2272 Views)

5 Steps Christians Can Fulfil God's Purpose For Their Lives. / Fulfilling Purpose In Life / How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Aceed: 10:08am On Nov 11, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
Surely, god can't be that dumb . shocked

But then, undecided god is usually as dumb, as smart or as schizophrenic as the mind that creates it.

Sure...the foolishness of God is greater than the wisdom of men 1Cor 1:25 cool
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 11, 2015
plaetton:

Let me put it in a simpler way.

As children, we are hoodwinked with the Tooth fairy, Santa Claus , as well as the big bad monster in our backyards, standing there to make sure we were good little boys and girls.

In adulthood, we simply substitute the Tooth fairy with another invisible entity we call god, Santa Claus for Jeezeus, and Satan for the big bad monster.

The funny thing is that we laugh at children for believing in the Tooth fairy, while we indulge in basically the same adoration of other invisible imaginary beings.
Exactly
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by stinggy(m): 11:38am On Nov 11, 2015
frank317:
I have been asking this question with no valuable answer.
If I am asked to believe in God.. What purpose will a believe in God serve in my life?
I will still hustle to make ends meet, work hard for my daily bread, f"*k my wife to get her pregnant and she would still go through the painful labour to have my child. Believing in a God will not stop me from dying from either accident or sickness.
Believing in a God does not make me abnormally better than my peers.
I don't really see what the hype is all about.
LWKMD grin grin grin
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 11, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

What are your reasons for questioning the relevance of God in our present world ?
This isn't an argument about if the world was created or not. Let's accept for the moment that the world has a creator and this creator is universally known as God.

Beyond being the agent responsible for creation, does he/it have any purpose beyond creation?

1 Like

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by HCpaul(m): 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

This isn't an argument about if the world was created or not. Let's accept for the moment that the world has a creator and this creator is universally known as God.

Beyond being the agent responsible for creation, does he/it have any purpose beyond creation?

So it is you that has a purpose right?
I can see, and that is why you appear in the world and between maybe 50 to 100 years you will also disappear.

I don't expect you to love God, because a sinner will always love and crave for vanity.

Be claiming death has a birth right.

The devil can decieve but can not reward because he is not a rewarder.
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2015
Probably God is as relevant as we make Him.
I wonder how relevant are we to God?

2 Likes

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2015
HCpaul:

So it is you that has a purpose right?
I can see, and that is why you appear in the world and between maybe 50 to 100 years you will also disappear.

I don't expect you to love God, because a sinner will always love and crave for vanity.

Be claiming death has a birth right.

The devil can decieve but can not reward because he is not a rewarder.
My dear, your intelligence is way above this thread. An esteemed gentleman such as yourself shouldn't be gracing this thread with your brilliance. Go join intelligent people on other threads who discuss dead Jews and broken crosses.

1 Like

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by HCpaul(m): 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

My dear, your intelligence is way above this thread. An esteemed gentleman such as yourself shouldn't be gracing this thread with your brilliance. Go join intelligent people on other threads who discuss dead Jews and broken crosses.

Though i had written a book on infinite intelligence doesn't mean that i possess one.
Sometimes, what really qualifies humanity for eternity is not intelligence.

An average educated man is intelligent, but the dumbest saint will forever live.

I just love the idea of eternal life. This is because i am not satisfy with living and dying.

Every living soul will always aspire to live eternally.

Son of lucifer, no matter how much you try you cannot become the firstborn of the devil.
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 11, 2015
HCpaul:

Sometimes, what really qualifies humanity for eternity is not intelligence
I completely agree with you.
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by UyiIredia(m): 5:15pm On Nov 11, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Is God still relevant?

In Him you move, live and have your being. of course, He's relevant.
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by HCpaul(m): 5:20pm On Nov 11, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

I completely agree with you.

With the way you post, i still finds it difficult to differentiate you from an athiest.

If you really exist then how can you finds it very difficult to belief in spiritual existence.

Just let Oyedepo catch you.
One day TB Joshua will cast that active demon out of your system.
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
HCpaul:

If you really exist then how can you finds it very difficult to belief in spiritual existence.
You up for a holy 3some this weekend? me, you and virgin mary.

won't be her first time though. remember when she gangbanged by God and The Holy Spirit, then gave birth to Jesus. damn.. the Trinity of 3reesomes... shes a nasty bitch that lady...

You know why Jesus hung on the cross like a thief? because he stole your mind.

What did Jesus say to Mary Magdalene the prostitute? Behold, I come quickly..

Do you know the Virgin birth is the greatest lie ever told? ask E-LIE-jah..

If three nails were enough to kill your God, I wonder what chance he stands against missiles and nuclear weapons.

How many Easters would it take to resurrect your mind? To shed off your fear and step into the light of reason, logic and inquiry?

What happens to you when you open your mind to the Bible? You blow your brains out..

2 Likes

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
bxcode:

Why do you hate God? Because from from your question, i can deduce that you know he exists but have difficulties in relating with him.
Your deductions are unnecessary and not worth an ounce of my attention. Kindly answer the question if you can.

1 Like

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
UyiIredia:

In Him you move, live and have your being.
Sophistry from Paul. Made some sense to me when I was a Christian. Now it doesn't. It doesn't answer the question, only pretends to.
It's equivalent to saying God is everywhere and nowhere, the uncreated Creator, the foremost.

1 Like

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by UyiIredia(m): 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Sophistry from Paul. Made some sense to me when I was a Christian. Now it doesn't. It doesn't answer the question, only pretends to.
It's equivalent to saying God is everywhere and nowhere, the uncreated Creator, the foremost.

Sure. God is everywhere since every material thinhg is a manifestation of Him. God is nowhere see you can't access his realm of existence except he wills it though there's a slight possibility that quantum physics may prove me wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by bxcode(m): 8:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Your deductions are unnecessary and not worth an ounce of my attention. Kindly answer the question if you can.
I can answer the question which I know you already know the answer, so the question is in actual sense a rhetorical oone based on denial.
You need Jesus bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Nobody: 1:23am On Nov 22, 2015
UyiIredia:

God is nowhere see you can't access his realm of existence except he wills it though there's a slight possibility that quantum physics may prove me wrong.
Sounds like a mental illness.

1 Like

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by UyiIredia(m): 1:35am On Nov 22, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Sounds like a mental illness.

Sure. It has taken me 4 years but I've learnt to manage the fucking illness without pills.
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Gwan2(m): 2:34am On Nov 22, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Is God still relevant?
Actually I dont have a problem wit diz question, my ish is from d replies d question is getting.
Not every1 dat ask such à qtn is an athiest or non believer, somtymz even christians ask such qtn eventhough most tymz dey dont voice it out.
Eventhough d Op seem to have a preconcieved idea already abt God ...ur response to it should be substantially backed with reality and d scripture.., daz why i alwayz advice som "christians" not to always engagé in religious debate if You dont have dat scriptural prowess and mastery of how to interwine scriptures wit reality.
The reason for diz is dat the op might be adamant to every response u giv him, but not d op, there might be someone sitting on d fence reading d thread n also pondering on the same qtn asked by d op..so ur answers should be convincing enough not mind boggling...
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Nobody: 1:29am On Dec 06, 2015
UyiIredia:

Sure. It has taken me 4 years but I've learnt to manage the fucking illness without pills.
Your latest thread has me thinking otherwise.

1 Like

Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by orunto27: 6:04pm On Dec 06, 2015
God was relevant before,He is now and will always be relevant. All humans are made to serve His Pleasure.
Re: What Is God's Purpose In The World Today? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
Can anyone attempt the question?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prayers (part One) / Is Yahweh Omni-impotent Or What? / Kenneth Copeland Calls Forth 'Supernatural Heatwave' To Kill Coronavirus In NYC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.