Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,575 members, 7,958,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:05 AM

How To Interrogate Children (israel Style) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How To Interrogate Children (israel Style) (675 Views)

Israel 's F-35 Disgraced By Soviet S-200 In Syria / North Korea Threatens Israel With 'merciless, Thousand-fold Punishment' / Why Is There So Much Controversy Over Israel Building Settlements In The W/Bank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Interrogate Children (israel Style) by vedaxcool(m): 7:55am On Nov 11, 2015
Manasrah, visibly traumatised but recovered from his major wounds, is seen crying, hitting his own head, and pleading that he has done nothing and does not remember anything.
Manasrah appears confused, saying he did not understand what his accusers were talking about.

The officer then shouts at him, saying "shut up" and "I will show you … if you don't answer," after which Manasrah breaks down, puts his hands on his head, and cries again.

"Enough, enough, I will say whatever you want, but I don't remember anything," Manasrah is heard saying.

Israeli police spokeswoman Luba Samri said the investigation was conducted "with professionalism and without bias," the AP news agency reported.

Akin to 'torture'

Speaking to Al Jazeera, Tariq Bargouthi, Manasrah's lawyer, said that the "intimidating" tactics used by the police officer against his client were illegal under Israeli law.

"He is just a little boy," he said, maintaining that Manasrah did not try to stab or commit a crime against anyone.

Lawyer Lea Tsemel, who is also representing Manasrah, said she may contest the investigation based on the manner of questioning seen in the video.

"You cannot terrify, or threaten, or tempt, for the purpose of achieving a confession," she said, according to AP.

Maysa Abu Saleh, a lawyer with the Public Committee against Torture in Israel, a human rights group, told Al Jazeera that Israeli police do not have the right to treat suspects, especially minors, in such a brutal way.

Abu Saleh added that based on material in the video, the treatment of Manasrah constitutes torture, as defined by Israeli law.

Under the law, minors must be questioned by police officers who are trained to deal with underage suspects and in the presence of their parents or lawyers, she explained.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/11/israeli-police-accused-abusing-palestinian-boy-151110135641061.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pAsZx8zdw
Re: How To Interrogate Children (israel Style) by Holluwaphlexy(m): 8:00am On Nov 11, 2015
1st tym been FTC they should have been lenient with d boy. onlyGOD knows d kind of torture d boy went through
Re: How To Interrogate Children (israel Style) by delishpot: 8:06am On Nov 11, 2015
What a sick world. Do we have to live life like this? When even kids cannot be trusted and kids cannot trust adults? Greed and wickedness in the hearts of men is actively destroying this peaceful earth as we know it.
It is a shame I tell you. I feel so sorry for the young boy. No child should have to go through that , wether guilty or innocent. They are all victims in the evil games of Adults.
Re: How To Interrogate Children (israel Style) by ValerianSteel(m): 12:30am On Nov 12, 2015
I don't support such torture but I know that torture as a tactic of interrogative manipulation is not restricted to Israel only,it spreads across the world and is secretly carried these days out of the public view.At times it yields much desired results other times,it's a waste of time.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Deleted / UK Votes To Leave EU / See UK Prime Minister David Cameron Parking His Stuffs? – PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.