Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. (3483 Views)

Presidency Replies Arewa Youths Letter To Osinbajo On Biafra Secession / International Organisation Supports Biafra’s Secession, Threatens Nigeria / Falae: Yoruba Leaders Threaten Secession From Nigeria If… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Swiftboy(m): 4:16pm On Nov 11, 2015
I am for one Nigeria,however we should restructure the country for real. Let City, state or region have autonomy...just like the United States Of America. The government at the central to help out the extremely poor states. Its that simple. Here read a comment from one of my friends please open your minds to read...
There are two sides to a coin and knowing me, I like to look at everybody's point of view.
The problem with us Nigerians including me and you is that we fail to acknowledge the truth, hence we make do with half truths and lies. It's so bad that we even lie to ourselves. Several times in the past, the Ibos have been tagged arrogant, boastful and domineering especially when they claim to own 50 to 60 percent of businesses and properties all over Nigeria including major cities like Lagos, Abuja, Kano etc. Owners of those states ardently deny those statements. So it is surprising that the same people are now claiming that the Ibos own 60 to 70 percent of businesses and properties in their states and as such cannot abandon those ventures to go and create a new country. Which one should we believe?
I keep saying that the only thing that will keep Nigeria as one is the restructuring of Nigeria in line with Fiscal Federalism and Regional autonomy. Anything short of this, Nigeria will eventually go, maybe in 2 years time, maybe in 20. Nigeria runs the worst structure of government in the world. Even Obama will flounder as long as he rules under this structure.
It is unfortunate that we don't want to support restructuring because it will require sacrifices from all of us. Anything achievable must come with a price. If Biafra must come with a price, One Nigeria must also come with a price. While the Biafran agitators seem to be more ready to pay the price of their beliefs and struggle by laying down their lives in protests, the proponents of One Nigeria don't want to sacrifice anything to keep Nigeria one.
The solution to our problem is quite simple. Let's support the restructuring of Nigeria in line with Fiscal Federalism and see if you will hear ''Bia'' let alone ''fra''. Let's treat everyone fairly and equally. Without this, no amount of shouting or threats or insults will ever convince the members of this country to become one.
I tell people that our problems are very easy to solve. Do you want to stop bribery when processing your International passport/custom duties/driver's license etc? Make the payment system completely online just like when applying for foreign visas. Do you want true electoral reforms that will weed out underage voting/missing pvc/multiple voting/rigging etc? Then create an INEC database and do real biometric voting. Corruption and impunity? Create real separation of power.
We all know what to do. We choose not to do it. We insult and cast aspersions on everyone who doesn't agree with our point of view while failing miserably to see the views of others. George Elliot said, "It is a narrow mind which cannot look at a subject from various points of view."
Make we dey here dey argue whether Biafra go come or not. Or whether One Nigeria is feasible or not. But one thing is for sure. Either the system changes or it breaks apart.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by smithsammy(m): 4:24pm On Nov 11, 2015
Swiftboy:
I am for one Nigeria,however we should restructure the country for real. Let City, state or region have autonomy...just like the United States Of America. The government at the central to help out the extremely poor states. Its that simple. Here read a comment from one of my friends please open your minds to read...
There are two sides to a coin and knowing me, I like to look at everybody's point of view.
The problem with us Nigerians including me and you is that we fail to acknowledge the truth, hence we make do with half truths and lies. It's so bad that we even lie to ourselves. Several times in the past, the Ibos have been tagged arrogant, boastful and domineering especially when they claim to own 50 to 60 percent of businesses and properties all over Nigeria including major cities like Lagos, Abuja, Kano etc. Owners of those states ardently deny those statements. So it is surprising that the same people are now claiming that the Ibos own 60 to 70 percent of businesses and properties in their states and as such cannot abandon those ventures to go and create a new country. Which one should we believe?
I keep saying that the only thing that will keep Nigeria as one is the restructuring of Nigeria in line with Fiscal Federalism and Regional autonomy. Anything short of this, Nigeria will eventually go, maybe in 2 years time, maybe in 20. Nigeria runs the worst structure of government in the world. Even Obama will flounder as long as he rules under this structure.
It is unfortunate that we don't want to support restructuring because it will require sacrifices from all of us. Anything achievable must come with a price. If Biafra must come with a price, One Nigeria must also come with a price. While the Biafran agitators seem to be more ready to pay the price of their beliefs and struggle by laying down their lives in protests, the proponents of One Nigeria don't want to sacrifice anything to keep Nigeria one.
The solution to our problem is quite simple. Let's support the restructuring of Nigeria in line with Fiscal Federalism and see if you will hear ''Bia'' let alone ''fra''. Let's treat everyone fairly and equally. Without this, no amount of shouting or threats or insults will ever convince the members of this country to become one.
I tell people that our problems are very easy to solve. Do you want to stop bribery when processing your International passport/custom duties/driver's license etc? Make the payment system completely online just like when applying for foreign visas. Do you want true electoral reforms that will weed out underage voting/missing pvc/multiple voting/rigging etc? Then create an INEC database and do real biometric voting. Corruption and impunity? Create real separation of power.
We all know what to do. We choose not to do it. We insult and cast aspersions on everyone who doesn't agree with our point of view while failing miserably to see the views of others. George Elliot said, "It is a narrow mind which cannot look at a subject from various points of view."
Make we dey here dey argue whether Biafra go come or not. Or whether One Nigeria is feasible or not. But one thing is for sure. Either the system changes or it breaks apart.
I thought regional autonomy was an agendum in the many agenda of the national conference.

1 Like

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by saintikechi(m): 4:31pm On Nov 11, 2015
If they don't bend it, biafra will break it.

5 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by kingzizzy: 4:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
smithsammy:
I thought regional autonomy was an agendum in the many agenda of the national conference.

It was but the North rejected it. And now we have a northern Nigerian president, it will never see the light of day. The North gains too much from unitary rule to ever let it go.

4 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Pavarottii(m): 4:46pm On Nov 11, 2015
I was telling my friend, the only way is Fiscal Federalism. Nigeria has a lot of resources to do that.

2 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Swiftboy(m): 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
kingzizzy:

It was but the North rejected it. And now we have a northern Nigerian president, it will never see the light of day. The North gains too much from unitary rule to ever let it go.
Thats the reason why we must be politically smart as a country. Let the East stop the Biafra talks and stop judging other tribes...proper politics with the new set of revolutionary politicians...we the Youths better wake up.
Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by obailala(m): 9:53pm On Nov 11, 2015
smithsammy:
kingzizzy:

It will never see the light of the day because no one is clamouring for it. Only the NW + NE is fully against regional autonomy. If the SE + SW + SS (which all want regional autonomy) can unite in purpose with the large chunk of the NC, regional autonomy can be actualised; as a matter of fact, it is far more achievable than the outright secession which some people are jumping into instead.

4 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Ballmer: 8:16am On Nov 12, 2015
obailala:
It will never see the light of the day because no one is clamouring for it. Only the NW + NE is fully against regional autonomy. If the SE + SW + SS (which all want regional autonomy) can unite in purpose with the large chunk of the NC, regional autonomy can be actualised; as a matter of fact, it is far more achievable than the outright secession which some people are jumping into instead.

The Igbos failed to recognise this. Instead of dialoguing on issues such as this n even of Biafra with SS n SW they believe they can insult disparage their way through. Imagine so many foolish Igbos actually believe they can insult Nigerians into submission for the presidency and Biafra. I mean how foolish can the majority of a tribe be ?

3 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by carnegiefan: 8:48am On Nov 12, 2015
Your ideas will not work because Nigeria is a conglomerate of evil. At every point when things could have turned for the better they were somehow thwarted by strange alliances of evil.
I could have given some examples, but it would be a waste of time,
Igbo people are now basically tired of Nigeria and are waiting for an opportunity to leave.
When that opportunity shows up, they WILL leave. Simple.

13 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Olabestonic001(m): 9:03am On Nov 12, 2015
Swiftboy:

Well articulated!
But do you actually believe the rantings on NL as the true state of Igbos in general? The Igbo's as well as the Yoruba's feels heavily marginalized in Nigeria but the Yoruba's will rather be real with themselves and solve their own problems than agitate or go on emotional frenzy as IPOB is doing. I want Nigeria to practice Regional Autonomy and who cares if Biafra is formed or not. But to agitate and get your freedom by igniting hate in the minds of an average Yoruba man is doom. Honestly, Yoruba's have no reason to compete with Igbos but most Igbos by nature, take everything as an avenue to flex muscle (we cant blame them though since before colonization they have no big super-structure mostly but a flexing of muscle in their clans).
Again, most of them born, bred in the East were lied to by their elders that they are more superior to other tribes in Nigeria. We can only thank Heaven that some of them stays away from their base and its those who reside home that have that sense of paranoia. Forget the fallacy that all Igbos are hardworking; those people away from their enclave must be hardworking than their host community (ask Nigerians overseas), most of those protesters and hardliners are lazy lots and hate-filled individuals who needs to be re-oriented. Hating Yoruba's will only frustrate anyone of them the more.
Lets ALL (SE, SW, SS and NC) fights together for resource control and let Igbos learn diplomacy; hating Yoruba's will forever hamper their destiny as well as trying to compete unfavorably with the Yoruba's. Something is too OBVIOUS (LIKE IT OR HATE IT); THE YORUBA'S HAVE A SPECIAL PLACE IN GOD'S heart and hating on them will forever hamper a people.

2 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by bolabolakemi(f): 9:06am On Nov 12, 2015
Referendum is the key...
Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 12, 2015
Ballmer:
The Igbos failed to recognise this. Instead of dialoguing on issues such as this n even of Biafra with SS n SW they believe they can insult disparage their way through. Imagine so many foolish Igbos actually believe they can insult Nigerians into submission for the presidency and Biafra. I mean how foolish can the majority of a tribe be ?

You have become increasingly and abnormally repugnant with your biased and myopic reasonings.

There's virtually no sensible Nigerian that's oblivious of the fact that over the years Yoruba people are experts in heating up the polity with their relentless abuses, slurs, propaganda and fabrications of lies and falsehood to paint Igbos black using the numerous media outfits at their disposal.

It's sickening that you've engaged in this dirty game of deceit to drag myopic Southerners along while ass-licking your masters.

I advice you go read the article by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the current Emir of Kano, and why he revealed, "YORUBAS ARE THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA"?

Igbos are not interested in the presidency for survival. Get that fact into your thick skull.

Stop spreading wicked lies because you dread Biafra. Use your head and cease reasoning through your rear orifice.

6 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Xpaz: 9:53am On Nov 12, 2015
Ballmer:

There you go Again.

5 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Ballmer: 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2015
xtrorse:

You have become increasingly and abnormally repugnant with your biased and myopic reasonings.

There's virtually no sensible Nigerian that's oblivious of the fact that over the years Yoruba people are experts in heating up the polity with their relentless abuses, slurs, propaganda and fabrications of lies and falsehood to paint Igbos black using the numerous media outfits at their disposal.

It's sickening that you've engaged in this dirty game of deceit to drag myopic Southerners along while ass-licking your masters.

I advice you go read the article by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the current Emir of Kano, and why he revealed, "YORUBAS ARE THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA"?

Igbos are not interested in the presidency for survival. Get that fact into your thick skull.

Stop spreading wicked lies because you dread Biafra. Use your head and cease reasoning through your rear orifice.
If I give a hoot about Biafra make thunder fire me.

1 Like

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by udokpuenyi(m): 9:57pm On Nov 12, 2015
Our identity and personal information has been compromised on nairaland hence I am replacing all post with this information.
If you are reading this information, please remove all your personal information from this site or ignore the message at your risk.
As if rule 9 is not enough , you still went and ahead to give out our ip addressess and social media contact

2 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Obiagu1(m): 10:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
For the fact that Fulani solders are now in Kogi, One Nigeria is not an option, restructured or not. God forbid!
There next stop is Anambra.

You don't want to return home to bury your butchered grand mother, do you?

3 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by oweniwe(m): 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
The Northern oligarchy will not agree to regionalism...

O.P ... Tell Hausa to repel Quota system, Federal exclusive list, Land use act, federal character and other anti- development laws.....

Tell them to stop sharing oil money and start working hard to generate their own revenue ...

If You leave with Your next still on your head, ... That'll be a miracle....!!..

1 Like

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 13, 2015
Ballmer:
If I give a hoot about Biafra make thunder fire me.

Then take your rants to OduaArewanistan...

2 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by cheruv: 12:34am On Nov 13, 2015
Swiftboy:
Broz,
Your piece is cool but the problem is that it'd have to wait till the oil is finished before the necessary people would look at it

4 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Mckennedy: 12:36am On Nov 13, 2015
Swiftboy:

and I ask, what happened to the reports of your concluded national conference?

3 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Mckennedy: 12:46am On Nov 13, 2015
Ballmer:

I will keep asking until I get this fact, why is hausa, fulani and yorubas keep saying that these people are fraudsters, drug dealers, baby factory, idiots, stupid , mumu, Biafra etc that you don't like them that they are damaging nigeria image, please with all due respect why do you people still want to be in one country with them, why can't you support for their exit so that you can be able to keep your countries name clean? Does it make any sense that you hate someone and still you want to be with the person? It shows that we Africans are still far behind.

5 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by palladin: 4:21am On Nov 13, 2015
udokpuenyi:
ONE NIGERIA FOR HAUSA/FULANI YORUBA, ONE NIGERIAN FOR BIAFRAN GOVERNORS, HOUSE OF REP/SENATE , ASSEMBLY MEMBERS, ONE NIGERIA FOR THE FEW HAVING FUN IN IT? ONE NIGERIA MY FOOT ;-
Great Biafrans, My Hausa friend asked me: Under what conditions would you start believing that One Nigeria is working? Here was my response:
1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri; so that when you clear your goods, cars and containers, you can drive it all the way to Lagos even when there is a seaport there

2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports...only local or minimal connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights...direct and major connecting flights.

3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.

4. All federal governments agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC,e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.

5. If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented, we can try one Nigeria and let's see if you Hausas and Yorubas will like it for a month. Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, e.t.c.

The Hausa friend replied: You can't be serious, this is wickedness! I said, "Really? Don't you think the South-East and South-South have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 yrs? Why do you think people are clamouring for Biafra?" He was quiet for a few seconds and said: Wow! You are right, but it never occurred to me. I said, "that's the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting love it and would love to maintain the status quo". An adage in my place says, "The one who ate fleshy meat forgets easily; but the one who eats the bone never forgets"!

So we should close down our own business because of some haters? How about you packing ask your businesses back to the South east and see if anyone well try to stop you?

It is reasoning like yours that put us in this situation in the first place.

1 Like

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by tevinsolt: 4:24am On Nov 13, 2015
Lack of foresight, begets chaos. The premise this nation has built upon would never allow it, to move forward ever. Forced unity can only last for so long.
Biafrans (as they refer themselves) were forced into staying Nigerians after their first attempt of seceding. The first trial is all that's needed to sow a seed that will continue to bear fruits season in and season out. No matter how long Nigeria lasts, unborn generations from the SE will continue to be a pain to the Nigerian establishment. They will and can never be satisfied with Nigeria, someone will always try to avenge the deaths of his/her kinsmen whenever they feel they are being suppressed, in our time or the future. Massob, and as of recent Ipob headed by Nnamdi Kanu are testament to my account.

Nigeria needs to let go of Biafra, and a possible result is the total disintegration of Nigeria as we know it, which is fine, it is not a do or die affair like many take it to be. We can all separate and focus on developing distinctly.

I'm Yoruba, If Biafra wants to go, I say the Nigerian Government let her go, so that the important things in life all Humans regardless of race, religion, tribe long for have can be achieved.

2 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Ballmer: 7:08am On Nov 13, 2015
Mckennedy:

I will keep asking until I get this fact, why is hausa, fulani and yorubas keep saying that these people are fraudsters, drug dealers, baby factory, idiots, stupid , mumu, Biafra etc that you don't like them that they are damaging nigeria image, please with all due respect why do you people still want to be in one country with them, why can't you support for their exit so that you can be able to keep your countries name clean? Does it make any sense that you hate someone and still you want to be with the person? It shows that we Africans are still far behind.

I don't know about the HausaFulanis but I can speak for my tribe the Yoruba to a reasonable degree and trust me 110% of Yoruba want the Igbos with their five Igbo States gone from Nigeria like since yesterday.

Now, never in your life quote me to ask such a myopic question. Fashola deported Igbos, Oba of Lagos ask that you be thrown into the lagoon. The Deji of Akure flogged your Igwe relentlessly and you are here asking nonsensical questions. Are these actions welcoming to you ?
Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Mckennedy: 7:57am On Nov 13, 2015
Ballmer:

I don't know about the HausaFulanis but I can speak for my tribe the Yoruba to a reasonable degree and trust me 110% of Yoruba want the Igbos with their five Igbo States gone from Nigeria like since yesterday.

Now, never in your life quote me to ask such a myopic question. Fashola deported Igbos, Oba of Lagos ask that you be thrown into the lagoon. The Deji of Akure flogged your Igwe relentlessly and you are here asking nonsensical questions. Are these actions welcoming to you ?

here's Dokubo's response to a Niger delta republic agitator.
Don Robert Omojesu i did not apply to join that fraud you call Niger Delta chat group you people included me and gave you the majority opinion of our people....NIGER DELTA IS BIAFRA.
Isaac Adaka Boro the doyen of our struggle posits that the Niger Delta is situated in the Bight Of Biafra... “The Niger Delta we shall consider is strictly the area occupied by the Ijaws, the aboriginal tribe of the Delta. It spans the coast of the BIGHT OF BIAFRA , from the Forcados River to the Opobo River upstream to the Niger tributaries of the Nun and Forcados Rivers." Twelve Days Revolution
The Willinks expanded the definition of the Niger Delta to include Ogonis
The government of the Nigerian state under Obasanjo made all Oil producing states NIGER DELTA UNDER THE NDDC ACT....This includes the Igbos bantustan states of Abia,Imo....Igbos of Rivers and Delta....Presently with the definition of Niger Delta as put forward by the fraudulent Nigerian state the Igbos are majority in the NIGER DELTA.
DON ROBERT OMOJESU...which Niger Delta are you talking about?
The Doyen of our struggle Isaac Adaka Boro stated unequivocally that NIGER DELTA IS BIAFRA....What a gadfly and upstart hiding in Nambia writing nonsense?...How are you going to exclude the Igbos of the'LEGAL' Niger Delta?....are you capable committing pogrom against them so as to exclude them from the NIGER DELTA?....We know who you are working for....just stop deceiving yourself this time around it is not possible for you people to cause division amongst the people BIAFRA.
BIAFRA IS A TSUNAMI IT CANNOT BE STOPPED....BIAFRA IS MORE IJAW,IBIBIO AND ORON THAN IGBO.

and I ask you, how's Biafra a thing of 5 igbo state? keep on deceiving and consoling your miserable life.

4 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by kingzizzy: 8:14am On Nov 13, 2015
Ballmer:

You Nigerians can be highly arrogant! You want me as an Igbo man to come and dialogue for my own freedom? For what? When did I agree to be a Nigerian? I was enjoying the same freedom when the British came to west Africa to come up with a funny idea called Nigeria. I should not have to beg for what is mine! Nigeria is an illegal entity because the indigenous people did not lend their mandate to its creation. So anyone who is against the Igbos and their homeland of Biafra deserves whatever insult they get for denying people their legitimate right to freedom

2 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 13, 2015
Ballmer:

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by kingzizzy: 8:20am On Nov 13, 2015
Ballmer:

5 states? First, Lord Lugard created the fraud called Nigeria then Nigeria went on to create artficial borders called States. Fraud begets fraud! Go an find out how large Igbo land is because not one inch of it will be ceded to Nigeria. 5 states my foot!

2 Likes

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 13, 2015
Ballmer:
I don't know about the HausaFulanis but I can speak for my tribe the Yoruba to a reasonable degree and trust me 110% of Yoruba want the Igbos with their five Igbo States gone from Nigeria like since yesterday...

warripekin:
I may not necessarily want to form a republic with Igbos in the south east, but I believe the call for Biafra is coming at the right time for the following reasons:

Resource control: They call for resource control started at the height of the Niger delta struggle culminating in the death of ken sarowiwa in 1995 and later championed by the likes of James ibori and Alamesigha( may his soul rest in peace). At some point we believed we could get the derivation formula raised to 30% after the implementation of 13% but subsequent constitutional conferences as held by obasanjo and Jonathan the northern cabal at the conferences, vehemently opposed anything resource control and the conferences never saw the light of the day. Those of us in the Niger Delta must take a definitive stance on what we want and how to go about it but that's where my fears lies in that the Niger delta hardly ever speaks with one voice and in most cases do not even have a voice at all. Therefore, the quest for Biafra is the quest for the neglected, downtrodden, exploited, people in this carapace called Nigeria. We can work with the Biafran team to achieve our goal besides, I can hardly see the Niger Delta struggle coaxing into a force like the Biafran struggle. MEND and the likes tried but sold out at the end and likes of Tom polo became emergency billionaires while Oka languishes in jail in SA. Ogoni as a people made impact too but everything died down with the death of ken sarowiwa. I remember Sarowiwa approached Ojukwu in Enugu sometime in 1994 but thats by the way. But with Biafra, we have a large ethnic group with their grieviances who are determined as it were to make a head way. We can join forces with them to achieve our own goal and while doing that, i will not mind a Bendel repulblic or a restructured nigeria where equity and fair play is obtainable in addition, as a member of the lower Niger area and from what I have seen, most ethnic group from rivers, cross river and akwa ibom will most likely root for Biafra because of ethnic affinity than a core Niger delta republic with no compass or bearing

Lopsided Nigerian structure;
Those of us in the lower Niger area believe for Nigeria to survive, we need to restructure into a regional a government something close to what obtained in the first republic or a confederation where even the south east region can even adopt the name Biafra and the Niger delta will take up their name as well. Canada has this kind of autonomy, same as the UK with even Scotland agitating for secession but narrowly failed after a referendum. We are also planning for a referendum come 2017 in the lower Niger area and we hope to achieve our objective of either outright secession or a restructured Nigeria where equity and fairness obtains.

Which way Nigeria;
The truth is Nigeria can not continue in this present trajectory unless we become a Yugoslavia of Africa.
Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 13, 2015
Ballmer:
I don't know about the HausaFulanis but I can speak for my tribe the Yoruba to a reasonable degree and trust me 110% of Yoruba want the Igbos with their five Igbo States gone from Nigeria like since yesterday...

WombRaiders:
Yoruba wants one Nijeriya because they are afraid of having us in the better south ( ND and SE) Leave them alone with ab0ki.

It is not just a matter of financial exigency but a matter of survival.

For all the hatred they show towards the Ibos, the Yoruba needs the Ibo to thwart any jihad from the north.

So to my Ibo brothers and sisters, what I can conclude from this yoruba madness and obsession towards Biafra movement is actually shrouded in deep fear of being left alone with their northern masters.

Adeboye will be converted to Islam. Tunde Bakare will return back to Islam.

The Yoruba is actually throwing tantrums over Biafra because [b]they need YOU IBOS to remain to protect them just as they need us in the ND to keep feeding them.
[/b]
The Yoruba is an ingrate coward!
WombRaiders:
Seed of defiance.

You can not undo God's wrath. For to long you bastards have lived off the blood of the innocent. You sat back and watched the killing of innocent christians in the hands of your bokos and used it for political gain.

Now, GOD will reward you bastards with His vengence.

Nemesis is coming and by this time next year a Christian Republic will rise from the Bight of Biafra.
WombRaiders:
You can keep labelling me an ibo and making every excuse for your inconsequential existence on ibos but the truth remains that the ND and SE will not subsidize you no more.

KEEP BELIEVING IN THE FACADE CALLED ONE NIJIRIYA

SLAVE

1 Like

Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Ballmer: 9:31am On Nov 13, 2015
kingzizzy:

You Nigerians can be highly arrogant! You want me as an Igbo man to come and dialogue for my own freedom? For what? When did I agree to be a Nigerian? I was enjoying the same freedom when the British came to west Africa to come up with a funny idea called Nigeria. I should not have to beg for what is mine! Nigeria is an illegal entity because the indigenous people did not lend their mandate to its creation. So anyone who is against the Igbos and their homeland of Biafra deserves whatever insult they get for denying people their legitimate right to freedom
And that was why Igbo slaughtered the Nigerian Prime Minister, a federal minister, two regional North n west premiers so they could have their Biafra ? Amadioha punish the entire household dead alive n unborn generation Of Gowon for declaring the Biafran War no winner no vanquish.
Re: A Ballanced Opinion About Biafra Secession Out Of Nigeria. by Ballmer: 9:34am On Nov 13, 2015
kingzizzy:

5 states? First, Lord Lugard created the fraud called Nigeria then Nigeria went on to create artficial borders called States. Fraud begets fraud! Go an find out how large Igbo land is because not one inch of it will be ceded to Nigeria. 5 states my foot!
Was there an igbotic country before Lugard ? Cancelling the Lugard fraud with an igbotic fraud will not hold. You are not talking to fools.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dear Salary..... / Prominent Prophet Mbaka Says Buhari May Be Killed / JUST-IN Pictures As People Celebrate PDP Win In Esan North East,Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.