Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Set Agenda For Chief Audu Ogbe The Minister For Agriculture - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Set Agenda For Chief Audu Ogbe The Minister For Agriculture (1186 Views)

Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh / Why US Rejected Nigeria's Yam - Audu Ogbeh / Audu Ogbeh Distributes Seeds To Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Set Agenda For Chief Audu Ogbe The Minister For Agriculture by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
The work is currently on as our minister of agriculture begins work 12th November 2015. Be assured that he will go through this thread. I thereby urge you to set agenda for him.
1. Let there be a real agric empowerment for the youth such that a minimum of 5 hectares be the benchmark in cropping .The idea behind this is oriented towards Large-scale Agriculture.
2. Let there be a subsidy in Agric equipment or agric loan with 30-35 years of repayment as they have for new/ youth farmers in USA & CANADA.
3. Let all Higher Institutions of agriculture be made to work like TAMIL NADU UNIVRRSITY OF AGRICULTURE INDIA...a masterpiece.

1 Like

Re: Set Agenda For Chief Audu Ogbe The Minister For Agriculture by omo17(m): 5:20pm On Nov 11, 2015
We need free access to loan with little or no interest rate. Most youth are ready to go into farming, but the major set back is capital.

There should well develop market system where by farmer can easily sell there product, the era of begging market women b4 farmer can sell there product should be over.
Re: Set Agenda For Chief Audu Ogbe The Minister For Agriculture by Pavore9: 6:11pm On Nov 11, 2015
There should be focus on training on innovative practices and the market should be developed beyond what we have now.
Re: Set Agenda For Chief Audu Ogbe The Minister For Agriculture by saliubello(m): 8:29pm On Nov 11, 2015
The Honorable Minister,

Below are my submissions which If implemented can quickly revive the agricultural sector:

1. Resuscitate existing farm settlements schemes and or create new farm settlement schemes.

2. Enforcement of law on outright ban on importation of poultry and poultry products.

3. Implementation of zero tarriffs on imported farm machinery.

4. Resuscitation of produce buy back schemes in each Geo-Political zone.

5. All agricultural produce processing machines shoupd be made duty free.

6. Subsized tractor ownership schemes in partnership with financial institutions.

1 Like

Re: Set Agenda For Chief Audu Ogbe The Minister For Agriculture by Alpha2k(m): 3:37am On Nov 12, 2015
Great submission from all above. And irrigation of all farm settlements.
Re: Set Agenda For Chief Audu Ogbe The Minister For Agriculture by Nobody: 4:56am On Nov 12, 2015
Tractor hiring and Farm mechanisation should be made to work by systemic planning and execution through training of willing hands to get skill in
1. operations
2. maintenance
3. Hiring
4. fabrication

Secondly Ministry of Agriculture Should establish Agric .Showrooms in at least 10 states so that agric companies can display what they have to offer or the
ministry can create an e- version on this.
s

1 Like

Re: Set Agenda For Chief Audu Ogbe The Minister For Agriculture by bamdexfarms(m): 9:19am On Nov 12, 2015
Empower youths to go into agro processing so as to minimize glut and post-harvest losses. It will also create more jobs for the youths and more market for the farmers.
Re: Set Agenda For Chief Audu Ogbe The Minister For Agriculture by mfm04622: 9:23am On Nov 12, 2015
My own is that importation of fruits by Shoprite B banned. How can anybody import banana , watermelon into Nigeria?
Re: Set Agenda For Chief Audu Ogbe The Minister For Agriculture by Pavore9: 11:47am On Nov 12, 2015
mfm04622:
My own is that importation of fruits by Shoprite B banned. How can anybody import banana , watermelon into Nigeria?

To import is so wrong but we also need to step up our game in cultivation, post harvest handling and packaging.
Re: Set Agenda For Chief Audu Ogbe The Minister For Agriculture by holajeedayy: 9:03pm On Nov 12, 2015
The thing is minister no get time to read any trend,do they have time for nigerian?
If minister is ready for work then i recomend ppl like pavour9 and jethro to give him hint on mordern farming and implimentation here in nigeria,provide job by upgrading our agric skill,halt importation and aslo work with jethro on providing skill to more nigerian youth......but una sure say minister get una time yimu i beggggg!
Re: Set Agenda For Chief Audu Ogbe The Minister For Agriculture by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 13, 2015
we have fake agric schools in this country. Let there be thorough assessment .
Re: Set Agenda For Chief Audu Ogbe The Minister For Agriculture by holajeedayy: 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2015
happybrother:
we have fake agric schools in this country. Let there be thorough assessment .

op you still discussing school and assessment,while the world talk about impact,most of the lecturers do not know the latest practical technique .u talking about school,most farmer u see around are not graduate from agric field infact agric student hardly plan becoming a farmer.....agriculture is a fast progressive dynamic field like i c t
Re: Set Agenda For Chief Audu Ogbe The Minister For Agriculture by Gadgetmobil(m): 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2015
holajeedayy:

op you still discussing school and assessment,while the world talk about impact,most of the lecturers do not know the latest practical technique .u talking about school,most farmer u see around are not graduate from agric field infact agric student hardly plan becoming a farmer.....agriculture is a fast progressive dynamic field like i c t

You need to maintain a Positive Outlook to things most especially in Nigeria.
We would get there and its be coming Clearer daily.

We have many youths who have abandoned white Collared Jobs and are doing well In Agriculture, let the govt go beyond the office assistance approach and move to the field to access the work to be done.
I believe in Nigeria and I believe in you
Re: Set Agenda For Chief Audu Ogbe The Minister For Agriculture by holajeedayy: 6:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
Gadgetmobil:

You need to maintain a Positive Outlook to things most especially in Nigeria.
We would get there and its be coming Clearer daily.

We have many youths who have abandoned white Collared Jobs and are doing well In Agriculture, let the govt go beyond the office assistance approach and move to the field to access the work to be done.
I believe in Nigeria and I believe in you

we almost saying the same thing but mind u ,motivation talk or grammer do not solve nigeria solution,,,,,,,skills are needed this time everyone speak english and all have a degree

(1) (Reply)

Grass Cutter Business ( What Are The Pros Cons) / Grain Planter For Sale / 2500 Pieces Of Pp Woven Bags For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.