Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,051 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land (1272 Views)

Alexander Akenzua's 7th Birthday: Omosede Igbinedion's Ferrari Party For Son / Oshiomhole Accuses Ex-governor Igbinedion Of Abusing Office To Enrich His Father / Oshiomole Accuses Okonjo-Iweala Of 'Playing Around' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by eyesofgod: 4:07am On Nov 12, 2015
[b]Alexander Okere, Benin

Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, on Wednesday, vowed to publish records of fraud allegedly perpetrated by Chief Lucky Igbinedion, who is a former governor of the state.

Oshiomhole, who disclosed this at the Government House, Benin, while addressing a large crowd of students and civil society groups, also said that he would forward all the files containing alleged fraud to Abuja, next week, for prosecution.

The civil society members and students marched through major roads in the city, chanting anti-Peoples Democratic Party songs and accusing the opposition party of sponsoring Monday’s anti-government protest.
Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, on Wednesday, vowed to publish records of fraud allegedly perpetrated by Chief Lucky Igbinedion, who is a former governor of the state.

Oshiomhole, who disclosed this at the Government House, Benin, while addressing a large crowd of students and civil society groups, also said that he would forward all the files containing alleged fraud to Abuja, next week, for prosecution.

The civil society members and students marched through major roads in the city, chanting anti-Peoples Democratic Party songs and accusing the opposition party of sponsoring Monday’s anti-government protest.

Efforts by our correspondent to reach Chief Igbinedion or the then Secretary to the State Government, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, on the allegations were unsuccessful as of the time of filing this report.

Oshiomhole accused the former governor and his father, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, of allegedly converting to private use, government properties and funds meant for the people of the state.

He also added that he was ready to publish the sales of government properties during Igbinedion’s administration, stressing that the move would reveal the identities of other beneficiaries.

Noting that he would want to be remembered for eliminating the concept of ‘godfatherism’ in Edo politics, Oshiomhole commended the youths and civil society groups for their solidarity for his government.

He explained that his feud with the Igbiendion family started when he revoked the over 200,000 hectares of government land which the former governor allegedly gave to his father in Okada as well as the termination of the Memorandum of Understanding the former governor allegedly signed with his father to allow “the medical students in Igbinedion University to use our state-owned hospital at the expense of the Edo State Government while Chief Igbinedion collects N1m from each medical student.”

The governor said, “Everybody born of a woman in this state must be subjected to the rule of law. I decree in the name of God, my creator, and in the interest of Edo people, even the ones yet unborn, I want to be remembered after my stewardship, not only for roads, for hospitals, for schools (but) much more importantly, I want to be remembered as the man who brought an end to exemptions.

“We provided the leadership that has banished the godfathers in Edo State. They can never, never forget that. I will publish records in black and white and Edo people will be told how they have been raped; they have murdered sleep. I went to Ovia North-East, Igbinedion covered all the government reserved land reserved for the people of Edo State.

“Lucky gave to his father over 200,000 hectares of land. They took the land on the grounds that they will use it for mechanised farming, I will say the truth and Igbinedion can do nothing; I can drive him out of town.”

“The angrier they are, the happier I am. With the powers vested in me as the governor, I used the powers to revoke the over 200,000 hectares of land the son gave to the father and returned it to government. That was why Igbinedion was fighting me; but I said (that) if he does not obey the law, he will go to prison. They were able to cover these things (but) Buhari is there now. So, it can never be business as usual.”[/b]
www.punchng.com

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by eyesofgod: 4:25am On Nov 12, 2015
Tough days ahead for both parties - Oshiomole and APC on the one hand and Igbinedion and PDP on the other. One thing for sure, Osho baba choses his fight in the public arena carefully. One can hardly have the last laugh on him. If in doubt ask NOI.
But then 200, 0000 hectare-land! That must be the whole Okada.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by Demmocrats(m): 4:27am On Nov 12, 2015
OP your link grin grin
Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by mrvitalis(m): 4:33am On Nov 12, 2015
That land if well planned by the state can generate more than the state budget
.. Imagine he plants say pineapple in that land..
.. Each hecter takes 40000-70000 suckes
... say they plant 40k
Say they plant in two face so every year half will mature
And say they sale each for #70
40000*70*100000 =bn280 from just half of that land alone
.. for me our governors are just too lazy to think...
#400bn can easily be generated from that farm every year

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by eyesofgod: 4:40am On Nov 12, 2015
Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by eyesofgod: 4:48am On Nov 12, 2015
mrvitalis:
That land if well planned by the state can generate more than the state budget
.. Imagine he plants say pineapple in that land..
.. Each hecter takes 40000-70000 suckes
... say they plant 40k
Say they plant in two face so every year half will mature
And say they sale each for #70
40000*70*100000 =bn280 from just half of that land alone
.. for me our governors are just too lazy to think...
#400bn can easily be generated from that farm every year

The Okada-Usen-Iguobazuwa axis is the food basket of Edo state. The land in this area is very fertile. So you are right though the estimate is quiet on the high side.
Most importantlly, farmers that were displaced/dispossessed from the acquising may now have a reprieve and return to farming again.
Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by Nobody: 5:00am On Nov 12, 2015
Anuofia, so na now Edo people begin protest against your incompetence you remember say Igbinedion thief land?

You are incompetent as leader, you should resign. Anumanuangry
Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by tafabaloo(m): 5:01am On Nov 12, 2015
Kk....
Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by Flets: 5:02am On Nov 12, 2015
Osho is numerically challenged.
Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by Pavore9: 5:16am On Nov 12, 2015
The 200,000 hectares of land alone is enough to generate billions of Naira and thousands of jobs for the youth if put under good agricultural practices. I can only imagine the tens of thousands of litres of fresh milk that can be produced there on a daily basis, the metric tonnes of strawberries, cabbage, lettuce, carrots, aubergines, celery, banana, coriander, capsicum. red stark apple, tomatoes, spring onions, cauliflower, plantain......Nigeria is really wasting away in the midst of possibilities! sad
Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by boboLIL(m): 5:21am On Nov 12, 2015
Oga what abt ur own fraud? U wan use am cover am abi? U will stil dance the dance
Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by eyesofgod: 5:28am On Nov 12, 2015
Pavore9:
The 200,000 hectares of land alone is enough to generate billions of Naira and thousands of jobs for the youth if put under good agricultural practices. I can only imagine the tens of thousands of litres of fresh milk that can be produced there on a daily basis, the metric tonnes of strawberries, cabbage, lettuce, carrots, aubergines, celery, banana, coriander, capsicum. red stark apple, tomatoes, spring onions, cauliflower, plantain......Nigeria is really wasting away in the midst of possibilities! sad

Your head dey there jare!
Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by eyesofgod: 5:33am On Nov 12, 2015
boboLIL:
Oga what abt ur own fraud? U wan use am cover am abi? U will stil dance the dance

I can assure you Osho will rock any tune if found guilty of your accusation. In the meantime, let's deal with the person caught red handed first.
Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by handie(m): 5:33am On Nov 12, 2015
We all know Lucky was an epitome of corruption but inspite of that, he tried his best for Edo state. And his contributions to the state shouldn't be overshadowed by propaganda. Under Lucky, workers salaries were promptly paid(with less allocation than what obtains now). Under him, a lot of Edo state corporations were actually effective. Corporations such as the Bendel Brewery was working(I actually tasted their malt). Under Oshiomole, Bendel Brewery is now all grown with weeds. The casava processing plant @ Uromi, Edo cement @ Okpella, Bendel line e.t.c are now forgotten. Oshiomole is full of propaganda. I have to ask, y not bring up all these accusations before now? Does these revelations have anything to do with the 2016 elections and Oshiomole's fear that the Igbinedion family is actually beginning to find their feet again political and as such with their financial resources can actually foil his plan to install his stooge as governor? Is anyone asking the comrade governor about how he manages d financial resources of d state? This year alone, he has taken nothing less than 18 billion Naira as loan(the world bank loan and d FG bail out) and we don't know what he uses these monies for(particularly the bailout as workers are yet to be paid). I'll urge Oshiomole to stop the propaganda, use the remaining months of his administration to change d way he's now being perceived cause in this battle, Oshiomole can't win cause he who controls the media controls public opinion and in Edo state, the king of the media is the Igbinedion family(through their independent television and radio stations). Before u term me a PDP apologist or any such thing, ensure u stay in Edo state

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by pyyxxaro: 5:39am On Nov 12, 2015
Sai Oshiomhole

The New LIE MOHAMMED tongue
Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by permsec: 5:51am On Nov 12, 2015
How many hectares have you given to ur people from cape verde. Yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by hghg5454: 5:58am On Nov 12, 2015
Ok

Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by mrvitalis(m): 6:25am On Nov 12, 2015
eyesofgod:

The Okada-Usen-Iguobazuwa axis is the food basket of Edo state. The land in this area is very fertile. So you are right though the estimate is quiet on the high side.
Most importantlly, farmers that were displaced/dispossessed from the acquising may now have a reprieve and return to farming again.
Not all bro.. . It is even underestimated
An average hecter takes 60000 pineapple and no one sales good specie of pineapples for #70
Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by me1234: 6:44am On Nov 12, 2015
The question Edo people should ask Oshiomole is that the said 200'000 hectares of land he is accusing the igbenedion of converting to family use is it the only 200'000 hectares land left in Edo state? If not what has he done with the one available to better the lives of the Edo people?. I personally like Oshiomole but I think he should quit this nonsense and concentrate on governance and how to better the lives of the people. Salaries are not being paid, the road are very bad, the youth in Edo state have no jobs they now result to all type of crimes. I think this is what should bother Oshiomole and if he can fix these problems then this is what posterity we remember him for not the fight he had with Igbenedion. Prof Ambrose Alli is remembered today for the good works he did for Bendel State. Oshiomole should take a queue.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:49am On Nov 12, 2015
Ah
Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by Bobbystanley(m): 6:58am On Nov 12, 2015
The same Oshiomole suffering from numerical diarrhea?

Somebody should tell Oshiomole that Lucky Igbinedion was a better Governor than him.

Even if it's true that Lucky gave his father all those lands, I'm sure the people of Okada welcomed it and I know they were compensated too. The Igbinedion University brought massive development in Ovia north East as a whole not just Okada by providing infrastructures and employments for the people of that Local Government. That's a plus to the economy of Edo State.

But on the other side, the land in that school is Excess especially within the crown Estate.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by lmm4real: 7:01am On Nov 12, 2015
May God help My comrade governor in his bid to run him self down by all means. undecided
Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by lmm4real: 7:03am On Nov 12, 2015
me1234:
The question Edo people should ask Oshiomole is that the said 200'000 hectares of land he is accusing the igbenedion of converting to family use is it the only 200'000 hectares land left in Edo state? If not what has he done with the one available to better the lives of the Edo people?. I personally like Oshiomole but I think he should quit this nonsense and concentrate on governance and how to better the lives of the people. Salaries are not being paid, the road are very bad, the youth in Edo state have no jobs they now result to all type of crimes. I think this is what should bother Oshiomole and if he can fix these problems then this is what posterity we remember him for not the fight he had with Igbenedion. Prof Ambrose Alli is remembered today for the good works he did for Bendel State. Oshiomole should take a queue.

Oshiomole has long gone astral, only God can help him now.
Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by ChappyChase: 7:03am On Nov 12, 2015
Osho Don Start again oo! APC! more of mouth gig than real work!

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 12, 2015
How much was the allocation then? He practically turned edo state to a personal estate
handie:
We all know Lucky was an epitome of corruption but inspite of that, he tried his best for Edo state. And his contributions to the state shouldn't be overshadowed by propaganda. Under Lucky, workers salaries were promptly paid(with less allocation than what obtains now). Under him, a lot of Edo state corporations were actually effective. Corporations such as the Bendel Brewery was working(I actually tasted their malt). Under Oshiomole, Bendel Brewery is now all grown with weeds. The casava processing plant @ Uromi, Edo cement @ Okpella, Bendel line e.t.c are now forgotten. Oshiomole is full of propaganda. I have to ask, y not bring up all these accusations before now? Does these revelations have anything to do with the 2016 elections and Oshiomole's fear that the Igbinedion family is actually beginning to find their feet again political and as such with their financial resources can actually foil his plan to install his stooge as governor? Is anyone asking the comrade governor about how he manages d financial resources of d state? This year alone, he has taken nothing less than 18 billion Naira as loan(the world bank loan and d FG bail out) and we don't know what he uses these monies for(particularly the bailout as workers are yet to be paid). I'll urge Oshiomole to stop the propaganda, use the remaining months of his administration to change d way he's now being perceived cause in this battle, Oshiomole can't win cause he who controls the media controls public opinion and in Edo state, the king of the media is the Igbinedion family(through their independent television and radio stations). Before u term me a PDP apologist or any such thing, ensure u stay in Edo state
Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by vb0mb(m): 7:08am On Nov 12, 2015
Mouth watering disease
Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 12, 2015
The ediot is now going after his predecessors after his lies against Ngozi fell flat.

Edo people don suffer for this noise maker hand
Re: Oshiomole Accuses Igbinedion Of Giving Father 200, 000-hectare Of Land by bonechamberlain(m): 8:00am On Nov 12, 2015
oshiomole is now looking for who to blame after totally failing in edo state for 7 years.

(1) (Reply)

Revisiting PWC: Did Emir Sanusi Lie Against Diezani Madueke / Damilare Ogunleye: [rejoinder] Nigerians Seeking Asylum Abroad Are Insincere / Why Does Nobody Advertise On The Nairaland Anymore?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.