Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Who Has An Idea What This Is About? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Has An Idea What This Is About? (33644 Views)

This Happens Always If You Are An Idea Smart Person / Please, Who Has An Idea Of Where I Could Buy Novels Online?. / Help Me With An Idea Of A One Man Short Drama For Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by saintfaculty(m): 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
Ok
Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by iamsegsy(m): 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2015
hmm........
Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by Richie0974: 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2015
When the answer is out, tell me. Nice piece.
Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by Edunwa302(m): 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2015
The moon or sun
Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2015
llaykorn:
Who Has An Idea What I'm Taking About?

The gods have strange ways of granting our prayers
when we ask for impossible things. It is their sense of humor, a reminder that some fates are not intended to be defied. She sought immortality to preserve her illuminating beauty: never to weaken or ail, but to remain like an eternal burning flame ever admired. The gods warned her that all things were not as they seemed but if she sought to touch upon divinity, she should bathe herself seven days and seven nights within fresh rainwater and let no grain of food pass her lips.

Delighted, she followed the godly instruction and upon the eighth night she awoke not within her bed, but aloft high within the sky: guardian of the night watching over the earth thus she would remain eternal and her beauty never wane, and all would look upon her in awe and wonder and envy.

But she grew lonely, though the stars sung to her...

There was no warmth and all she knew and loved was far below beyond her touch so she pleaded with the gods
to take back this gift they granted. The gods took pity
but somethings done cannot be undone; we live with the choices we make. But then, the gods are not cruel and unfeeling, so they made her a compromise and after each turning cycle she was allowed to descend from the sky and touch upon the earth again, leaving the sky dark robbed of her ethereal beauty.

But one day she had to reunite with all she loved though soon they withered and died while she remained before once more, having to make her ascent and reclaim her seat above us all.

Cc:
JigsawKillah
timpaker
joseph1832
AllNaijaBlogger

THE MOON....
Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by PipSurgeon(m): 5:47pm On Dec 30, 2015
the SUN
Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by klog(m): 5:48pm On Dec 30, 2015
The writer is a ganjia philosopher lost in the ephemeral inspirational gleanings from smoking weed

#Burobaka
#Shege

1 Like

Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by hypernatural(f): 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2015
My thought is that this refers to the moon, since she's feminine.
However, wait maah read comments first.

***four minutes later***
So I got it then?
Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by sukkot: 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2015
llaykorn:

when we ask for impossible things. It is their sense of humor, a reminder that some fates are not intended to be defied. She sought immortality to preserve her illuminating beauty: never to weaken or ail, but to remain like an eternal burning flame ever admired. The gods warned her that all things were not as they seemed but if she sought to touch upon divinity, she should bathe herself seven days and seven nights within fresh rainwater and let no grain of food pass her lips.

Delighted, she followed the godly instruction and upon the eighth night she awoke not within her bed, but aloft high within the sky: guardian of the night watching over the earth thus she would remain eternal and her beauty never wane, and all would look upon her in awe and wonder and envy.

There was no warmth and all she knew and loved was far below beyond her touch so she pleaded with the gods
but somethings done cannot be undone; we live with the choices we make. But then, the gods are not cruel and unfeeling, so they made her a compromise and after each turning cycle she was allowed to descend from the sky and touch upon the earth again, leaving the sky dark robbed of her ethereal beauty.

But one day she had to reunite with all she loved though soon they withered and died while she remained before once more, having to make her ascent and reclaim her seat above us all.

Cc:
JigsawKillah
timpaker
joseph1832
AllNaijaBlogger

[b] i know exactly what you are talking about. it has many mytholigical and biblical applications. it is the story of horus, the story of osiris, the story of adam and how he was kicked out of the garden of eden to till the ground. its a story of how you can gain spiritual immortality and physical beauty and longevity by enhancing your spirit in the celestial wisdom ( rain water ) of YAH but how your flesh which is constantly warring with your spirit will eventually make you lose your spiritual immortality as you sink down to the level of the fishes of the sea and the beasts of the field and you bask in the ambiance of this very low state in the valley of dry bones till the feast of atonement for your sins is over and then you ascend back into tabernacle and heaven and continue this cyclical up and down pattern as the cycle of life. it is the the story of ganymede who flew so high in the heavens and too close to the sun that he fell into the earth. it is the story of icarus who flew too close to heaven and then fell down into the earth.[/b] wink
Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by GreatManBee: 6:50pm On Dec 30, 2015
llaykorn:

Cc:
JigsawKillah
timpaker
joseph1832
AllNaijaBlogger

Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by GoldEnyong(m): 7:01pm On Dec 30, 2015
I hav just finished mixing origin and alomo still can't think straight..
Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by slap1(m): 7:01pm On Dec 30, 2015
I didn't have to finish it to identify it's the moon. Nice one, llaykorn.
Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by chyka33(m): 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2015
The moon
Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by faites(f): 7:35pm On Dec 30, 2015
It's just explaining the insatiabiltity of man. Its actually a folly cos the more we get, the more we ask for, and the circle continues. Wherever we are, we are there to fulfill a certain need. In the write up, an inanimate object was personified which I think is water, or rain.
Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by godwineli(m): 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2015
the moon
Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by Hypraise(f): 8:36pm On Dec 30, 2015
Abduldope really
Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by adioolayi(m): 9:35pm On Dec 30, 2015
op...it's the MOON.
The originator is Silver Wynd grin
http://silverwynd.deviantart.com/art/How-the-Moon-Came-to-Be-571719020
Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by bqlekan(m): 10:52pm On Dec 30, 2015
Nice nice piece
Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by hammedonisade(m): 12:00am On Dec 31, 2015
answer is MOON... but this statement 'but to remain like an
eternal burning flame ever admired' makes it seem like SUN. nevertheless, it's still the MOON, just that op is wrong using 'burning flame' for moon, instead of sun...
Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by Gmekx(m): 12:23am On Dec 31, 2015
trublvr:
She's the moon

I was thinking full moon but bravo still
Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by ewatts(m): 8:39am On Dec 31, 2015
The Moon ofcourse...
Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by Wright22: 5:13pm On Jan 27, 2016
ssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Re: Who Has An Idea What This Is About? by Wright22: 5:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
DSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie And Oprah Winfrey Meet In London (Photos) / Brother Wale / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.