Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,151 members, 7,842,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

What Does God's Will Really Mean? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does God's Will Really Mean? (2981 Views)

Does God Really Answer Prayers? / What Does Matthew 5:38 Really Mean? / What Does Matthew 5:29-30 Really Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does God's Will Really Mean? by dalaman: 5:03pm On Nov 13, 2015
UyiIredia:

God's will is what God wants and you can choose to live by it or not. I don't know whether you've read of 'How To Hear From God' by Joyce Meyer. She has some unique insights into it.

So Joyce Mayer is now the mouth piece of this God o yours. Why do christians pray to God when God already has his will for them?
Re: What Does God's Will Really Mean? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:26pm On Nov 13, 2015
dalaman:
Why do christians pray to God when God already has his will for them?

This does not make anysense . We want to know his will for us so we wont go astray that's why we pray to Him

1 Like

Re: What Does God's Will Really Mean? by dalaman: 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

This does not make anysense . We want to know his will for us so we wont go astray that's why we pray to Him

So what did God tell you is his plan for your life after all the prayers you've offered to him?
Re: What Does God's Will Really Mean? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
dalaman:

So what did God tell you is your plan for your life after all the prayers you've offered to him?

Its my plan not yours . Why should I reveal it to you ?
Re: What Does God's Will Really Mean? by Weah96: 5:56pm On Nov 13, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Let's assume that he tells you his will, which is the equivalent of learning a new cheat code to a video game that you've had for years. What then? Something is wrong with the picture of an omnipotent parent who stares with indifference as his toddler runs towards a busy intersection. At which point do you act on the will? Hahaha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does God's Will Really Mean? by dalaman: 6:26pm On Nov 13, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Its my plan not yours . Why should I reveal it to you ?

Nothing has been revealed to you. You can only tell lies but in reality nothing has been revealed.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does God's Will Really Mean? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
Weah96:

Let's assume that he tells you his will, which is the equivalent of learning a new cheat code to a video game that you've had for years. What then? Something is wrong with the picture of an omnipotent parent who stares with indifference as his toddler runs towards a busy intersection. At which point do you act on the will? Hahaha.

What kind of dumb analogy is that . When you understand what purpose is , then you reply sensibly .

When there is purpose , there is a defined path void of the busy intersection which serves as a distraction or may cause harm . When I have understood this will I now have the ability to discern distractions , inimical obstacles in form of a busy intersection or in any other form .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does God's Will Really Mean? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
dalaman:

Nothing has been revealed to you. You can only tell lies but in reality nothing has been revealed.
ok
Re: What Does God's Will Really Mean? by dalaman: 7:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

What kind of dumb analogy is that . When you understand what purpose is , then you reply sensibly .

When there is purpose , there is a defined path void of the busy intersection which serves as a distraction or may cause harm . When I have understood this will I now have the ability to discern distractions , inimical obstacles in form of a busy intersection or in any other form .

Stop talking thrash. You are not better protected than anybody out there because you chose to believe in some imaginary God concept that lives inside your head. Just last week a very strong willed pastor I know personally that believes so much in the prosperity gospel died at the young age of 38 leaving behind a wife and two kids. He has always been saying and preqvhing that he has conquered death and all those thrash you guys spew endlessly . But he died at his prime. There is no God that has any plans for you as a christian that is better thann any other non christian living in Nigeria. Christians aren't living better or more purpose full life than non christians in Nigeria. They are not better protected, than non christians, they aren't richer or happier than non christians, they don't live longer or suffer less misfortune than non.christians. so what evidence is there to show for this elusive will of this God of yours on anything beside the empty words you throw around all the time?
Re: What Does God's Will Really Mean? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
dalaman:

Stop talking thrash. You are not better protected than anybody out there because you chose to believe in some imaginary God concept that lives inside your head. Just last week a very strong willed pastor I know personally that believes so much in the prosperity gospel died at the young age of 38 leaving behind a wife and two kids. He has always been saying and preqvhing that he has conquered death and all those thrash you guys spew endlessly . But he died at his prime. There is no God that has any plans for you as a christian that is better thann any other non christian living in Nigeria. Christians aren't living better or more purpose full life than non christians in Nigeria. They are not better protected, than non christians, they aren't richer or happier than non christians, they don't live longer or suffer less misfortune than non.christians. so what evidence is there to show for this elusive will of this God of yours on anything beside the empty words you throw around all the time?

ok

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does God's Will Really Mean? by Weah96: 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

What the heck are you talking about now? Your deity is the omnipotent parent here, according to you guys. Why is the devil's will stronger than his own? His own will is not guaranteed, but the devil's will is. Explain that.
Re: What Does God's Will Really Mean? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2015
Weah96:

What the heck are you talking about now? Your deity is the omnipotent parent here, according to you guys. Why is the devil's will stronger than his own? His own will is not guaranteed, but the devil's will is. Explain that.

You are not making sense to me . Honestly . From talking about God's will you now switched to devil's will and now asking why God's will is not guaranteed . Like Jeromejnr stated , its not a must to comment .
Re: What Does God's Will Really Mean? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 14, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Lol! For your mind you have made sense.

Only God knows what you just wrote.

Its not a must you must comment.

Peace!.
i just showed you where the bible proved that stupidity and confusion is not allowed in the christian religion. you said the religion is not supposed to make sense. in other words, it's supposed to be confusing. and i told you otherwise. i'm not trying to make sense. i just told you the truth.
Re: What Does God's Will Really Mean? by Jeromejnr(m): 3:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
Teempakguy:
i just showed you where the bible proved that stupidity and confusion is not allowed in the christian religion. you said the religion is not supposed to make sense. in other words, it's supposed to be confusing. and i told you otherwise. i'm not trying to make sense. i just told you the truth.

Next time read a message in its context.

I never said religion is not supposed to make sense.
Re: What Does God's Will Really Mean? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Next time read a message in its context.

I never said religion is not supposed to make sense.
and i'm saying that Nothing in the christian faith is not supposed to make sense. god, or jesus, which is the son of god anyway, is the author and finisher of your faith. this means he wrote and designed everything in it. since he is not the author of confusion as well, nothing about you guy's religion should need to be explained or should not suppose to make sense.

in case you didn't get anything i just said, here is a summary in bold. the sentence "it's not supposed to make sense" should not be said about any aspect of your religion.

se fini
Re: What Does God's Will Really Mean? by Jeromejnr(m): 3:44pm On Nov 14, 2015
Teempakguy:
and i'm saying that Nothing in the christian faith is not supposed to make sense. god, or jesus, which is the son of god anyway, is the author and finisher of your faith. this means he wrote and designed everything in it. since he is not the author of confusion as well, nothing about you guy's religion should need to be explained or should not suppose to make sense.

in case you didn't get anything i just said, here is a summary in bold. the sentence "it's not supposed to make sense" should not be said about any aspect of your religion.

se fini

In case you didn't get my point also, there are things in Christianity that is not supposed to make sense to the human fleshly mind. E.g. Jesus placing spittle on a blind man's eye to get him to see.

So trying to understand those things logically will never make sense.

Finis.
Re: What Does God's Will Really Mean? by Weah96: 5:58pm On Nov 14, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You are not making sense to me . Honestly . From talking about God's will you now switched to devil's will and now asking why God's will is not guaranteed . Like Jeromejnr stated , its not a must to comment .

At least my comments were about the topic, the will of the Bible God. Your response didn't mention anything about a will.
Re: What Does God's Will Really Mean? by miqos02(m): 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2015
Osahon7:
When we christians say "Its the will of God for our lives, academics,Marriage,Career" What do we mean? It is when the things we want don't fall in place and we settle for less that's God's Will? Pls a Mature Believer should help a Brethren
jeremiah 29 verse 11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Re: What Does God's Will Really Mean? by mayorall(m): 2:12am On Nov 15, 2015
frank317:

i want to know... are God's will his alone? i want to believe since we have one God that means his will is not competing with any other creatures will in terms of Good will. that mean only God want Good will for us. Accepted?

if i assume the above is accepted by you... can there be other route to this God's will apart from his particular route?
you mentioned some of god's will (school, type of Job, who to marry) can we achieve all these through other route? i have idea of God's (at least the christian God) route and know a couple of people who achieve all the mentioned and are happy without following the route.. what do you say about them

can one still be happy in another way, if he misses out God's will?
Again, if you miss out on God's will, how will you know you have missed out... how will you know that miss out is not already God's will for you to achieve a greater will?

Take a practical example.

God is not a man that he should lie, he's a covenant keeping God.

psalm 1vs 3

"And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of
water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his
leaf also shall not wither; and *whatsoever he doeth
shall prosper*"

whatever we do shall prosper= (covenant).

If not according to his plans doesn't mean one won't prosper but won't be a giant in other plans as he ought to in God's plan.

Instead of being Dangote, he will be the richest man in his local government. understood?.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dreams Interpretation / Ex-cultist Testimony. Learn, There Is No Power In Devil / Adultery Allegation Is A Distortion Of Facts: Oyakhilome's Lawyer Kemi Pinheiro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.