Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much (22635 Views)

Lady And Her Workers Made To Sleep Outside After Working For A Client. Photo / Palmchat Partners With A Nairalander, Tosyne2much For Posting "10 Things" / Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by tosyne2much(m): 10:50am On Nov 12, 2015
The sole purpose and morale of sharing with you, my experience working for a scammer, is to make you learn from it and also serves as an eye-opener to his desperate measures in deceiving people in a bid to getting them scammed.

Please be patient to read this write-up cos I know that nairalanders drastically lose interest in reading further the moment they scroll down and notice that a write-up is conspicuously voluminous cheesy

I'm the type of a person that intensely dislikes working for people 'cos I have done that quite a few number of times and I must say that one may not really find joy working under the harsh, strict and slavery conditions of many job owners. To avoid this, I have been hustling the hard and best way that I can by, however, exploring my gifts and talents both online and offline.

Lemme go straight to the point

There's this well known blogger that is publicly known for plagiarism. He, however, steals other people's write-ups without giving credits to the writer or the source. Evidence has it that this is not only limited to my write-ups, but to that of others

Early this year, a thread was opened on this forum when many persons surmised that he scammed them or their friends of fake data bundle. He dude was said to have customized a banner advertising data worth of 5gb at N1, 000, which was in fact, nothing but a scam. According to the victims of his scam, they sent money to his bank account and the rest was history.

On this same thread, many shared testimonies of how he scammed the members (Jambites) of his own blog who trusted him and sent money for JAMB runs, only to switch off his phone on the exam day leaving them hopeless. Some opined that his scam is not only limited to the ones mentioned above, but also to the annual seminar he conducts.

When I stumbled upon this thread, I was astonished by the fraudulent allegations levied against him. I quickly PINGed him on BBM, shared him the link to the thread, but what baffled me most was that he couldn't even defend himself but rather kept mute

Towards the end of last year, I often received calls from friends inquiring if I worked for him as a freelancer, cos every of my write-ups always graced the front page of his blog. I browsed through his blog and alas, it was true. I mailed and told him that it was a good thing seeing my write-ups on his blog, and I demanded that he should endeavour to always give credits to me, being the writer, as no one knows where opportunity or offer may come from in life. But his reply was so annoying and he still continued stealing my write-ups

Fwd
Few months ago, I received a private mail from a moniker and I replied. In the course of our conversation, I got to know that he's one the famous bloggers in the country. He opined that I'm one hell of an intelligent, sensitive and creative dude when it comes to writing good and fascinating blogging contents, and that his fans are always fascinated by my traffic driving write-ups, so he couldn't but mail to strike a deal with me, Hmmmm!!! Someone who has been stealing your write-ups suddenly tells you he wants to start paying you, isn't this amazing ? This got me wondering just as you are

He said he would like me to work for him as a freelancer and I asked for his conditions before proceeding to the next phase of the deal. Since he had no conditions, I stated my own conditions, my renumeration, an agreement was reached and the deal was sealed.

He quictkly opened an Admin account for me to post articles and stick it to the FP myself, and I started posting my articles as regards to our deal. I started writing for him and also used his blog as a source on this very forum

Exactly a month after the payment date, this man said nothing concerning the payment and I was patience for a week before I was forced to remind him. The annoying thing was that he was always giving unending busy excuses as to what prevented him from paying me for a job well done. This dude almost made me look like a beggar. After three weeks of begging, pestering and petting, he sent me my money without even apologizing for the delay in payment. I made up my mind that I wouldn't work for a dubious person like him any longer but after so much thoughts, I decided to give him a second chance. When the due date for the second payment lapsed, he repeated the same thing

Fast fwd

On a Sunday afternoon after returning from church, I got my fingers on my keypads and wrote a Religion article for his blog. I took a nap when a student sneaked into my room and stole my phone and power bank. I gave him a call, narrated my ordeal and that I wouldn't be posting write-ups pending the time I replaced my stolen phone. I demanded that he paid his outstanding at once so that I would make provision for another phone but this man always deceived me telling me to call back that he was attending to a meeting or something.

It got to a time that he stopped picking my calls and stopped replying my PINGs even though he had obviously read them. But each time I called with another number, he would pick but the moment I said "this is Tosyne2much calling", he would drop the call immediately and switch off his fone. At that point, I needed no herbalist to tell me that he didn't want to pay me and I said to my myself, "this dude is exactly what people say he really is"

Ever since then, he has been avoiding me for three months. Now what he does is, that he always anticipate every of my articles on this very forum, only to copy, paste it on his blog and edit my name out.

I will advise you all learn from this. Don't be deceived by those who post ridiculously cheap data adverts. Also, don't be deceived by those who claim they are capable of upgrading your Jamb or post UME score

To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

Cc

Lalasticlala

26 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by naijaboiy: 10:51am On Nov 12, 2015
Awon scammers and intelligence thieves. Later they will buy houses in banana island and say it's from the hard work they put in their blogs.

Hard work from stealing people's articles and stories. undecided

Op can we please know the name of this popular blogger? angry

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by teejaypee: 10:52am On Nov 12, 2015
Tosyne2much... I was also on that thread where guys were accusing the dude.. I thought they were wrong...

Someone also reported to Seun about the blogger's plagiarism...I think he should do something about this .

I loved his blog.. but not anymore..

Thanks for sharing tosyne

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by wristbangle: 10:54am On Nov 12, 2015
I thank God Tosyne2much took his time to call people's attention to the ferocious and increasing activities of scammers on nairaland.

I agree with the upper comments especially naijaboiy making reference to some of them taking credit of other people's hardwork to become rich. Shebi where law no dey, nai people go dey do things anyhow.

I feel bad each time I see my articles on other people's blogs ( naijaloaded most especially) and it's a pity that these people caught in this plagiarism act are well known people disgusting as angels meanwhile they are worse than lucifer beneath their skin

I commend seun, lalasticlala and other team of nairaland for their relentless effort to make this forum great but I feel more action should to be taken to curb the activities of scammers and plagiarisms by locking every thread on FP to prevent being copied and other drastic measures.

I think its time nairaland approach the appropriate bodies to sue these useless bloggers just like the way NCC/NAFDAC sued MTN/GUINNESS NIG PLC.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by teejaypee: 11:02am On Nov 12, 2015
Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by hahn(m): 11:02am On Nov 12, 2015
Tosyne2much, the only thing annoying about your write up is that you failed to mention his name and company. What are you shielding him for?

You have a lot of fans here, start your own blog and start posting your stuff there.

Your boss deserves a good beat down. I totally dtest people who take advantage of youths because they lack capital. Guy call out his name and your fans might help you treat his Bleep up on your behalf.

You never know

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by menix(m): 11:03am On Nov 12, 2015
Nd u have not sent thunder to kill the Ediot...

Abeg Tosyne watz the blog's name nd don't u think u can go after him..

Reason I don't pity some when they re sent to Valhalla...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by zinachidi(m): 11:06am On Nov 12, 2015
nice info man, i feel for u..

I've always said that its greedy nigerians that fall for those data advert stuff, i saw one yesterday, of 3gb for 900h, i couldn't help but laugh,, (maybe he's for real, i dunno oo) who gives a whole 3gb for 9h?? Na na him get mtn?? Instead of them to buy the official data plan, they wanna get the cheap ones, and they end up being scammed
Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by tempem: 11:09am On Nov 12, 2015
Mr tosin! You hid his identity, was that intentional?

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by naijaboiy: 11:11am On Nov 12, 2015
wristbangle:
I thank God Tosyne2much took his time to call people's attention to the ferocious and increasing activities of scammers.

I feel bad each time I see my articles on other people's blogs and forum claiming vague glory and it's a pity that these people caught in this plagiarism act are well known people disgusting as angels meanwhile they are worse than lucifer beneath t skin

I must commend seun, lalasticlala and other team of nairaland for their relentless effort to make this forum great but I feel more action should to be taken to curb the activities of scammers and plagiarisms by locking every thread on FP to prevent being copied and other drastic measures.
One of the reasons I got really discouraged from writing articles or stories online.

Literature or sexuality section would have been my home. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 12, 2015
Upon all this long post you couldn't mention his name or his blog? mtchew .

17 Likes

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by ahnie: 11:12am On Nov 12, 2015
His moniker....please.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by Deefuray(f): 11:13am On Nov 12, 2015
Reveal his name and the blog

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by wristbangle: 11:15am On Nov 12, 2015
naijaboiy:

One of the reasons I got really discouraged from writing articles or stories online.

Literature or sexuality section would have been my home. cheesy

The more reason I have declined posting articles of recent.

It doesn't worth it bro sad
Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by iamkingzlee(m): 11:20am On Nov 12, 2015
Bloody thieves everywhere angry taking credits for someone elses sweat!!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by kinglekan: 11:20am On Nov 12, 2015

Hope it isn't that naija****** blog sha? undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by wristbangle: 11:21am On Nov 12, 2015
teejaypee:
cool grin

It's called booking space bro
Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by Donlino(m): 11:23am On Nov 12, 2015
Can you drop the name of the blog..... and watch it everporate from the face of the blogosphere.
Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by naijaboiy: 11:23am On Nov 12, 2015
kinglekan:

Hope it isn't that naija****** blog sha? undecided
Hmmm....sounds like it undecided

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by 48noble(m): 11:24am On Nov 12, 2015
The earliest u State his identity ,phone number and blog d fastest we know the truth and u exonerated...from kwaraption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by tosyne2much(m): 11:26am On Nov 12, 2015
jcmaiah:
If you are always following my write-ups, you would have noticed his blog as the source
Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by Donlino(m): 11:26am On Nov 12, 2015
jcmaiah:

Abi o....just dey write story that did not touch

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by Donlino(m): 11:27am On Nov 12, 2015
tosyne2much:
If you are always following my write-ups, you would have noticed his blog as the source

Whats stopping you from dropping it now? undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by hob(m): 11:28am On Nov 12, 2015
Scammers Everywhere

lets be careful
Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by LordOfTheWeed: 11:28am On Nov 12, 2015
I don't need no babalawo to help me consult the oracle before i know that the accused scammer is Makinde Azeez (Mankind) of _naijaloaded.com, awon oloriburuku ole oshi!!!! No be me talk am ooo.. .. .. lipsrsealed

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by Donlino(m): 11:29am On Nov 12, 2015
zinachidi:
nice info man, i feel for u..

I've always said that its greedy nigerians that fall for those data advert stuff, i saw one yesterday, of 3gb for 900h, i couldn't help but laugh,, (maybe he's for real, i dunno oo) who gives a whole 3gb for 9h?? Na na him get mtn?? Instead of them to buy the official data plan, they wanna get the cheap ones, and they end up being scammed

Who the fvck even patronizes them?!
Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by Cutehector(m): 11:33am On Nov 12, 2015
tosyne2much:
I thought u had ur own blog?
Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 12, 2015
Who hides identity of a scammer? You have done little or nothing to help people from falling victim to the blogger

15 Likes

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by kinglekan: 11:38am On Nov 12, 2015
naijaboiy:

Hmmm....sounds like it undecided

Thought as much, it was quite obvious tho. Tosyne would normally post the link to his write up on the blog as his source, which he has stopped doing in recent times.

Blogging and plagiarism these days is really killing creativity. If you must copy at least give credit to the source. How difficult is that?

*sigh*

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by Aminat508(f): 11:44am On Nov 12, 2015
grin grin tosyne2much

U don't knw makinde cheesy cheesy

With his big pot belle

Mayorall come and see sumtin sad

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by naijaboiy: 11:53am On Nov 12, 2015
kinglekan:

Thought as much, it was quite obvious tho. Tosyne would normally post the link to his write up on the blog as his source, which he has stopped doing in recent times.

Blogging and plagiarism these days is really killing creativity. If you must copy at least give credit to the source. How difficult is that?

*sigh*

I don already drop my pen since from writing anything online.
Re: My Experience Working For A Scammer. By Tosyne2much by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 12, 2015
Is it the ArabLotto guy? If it is I will publish his phone number here. The dude asked for a test copy to ascertain my skills but after submitting I've not heard from him. Only to see the same material I sent to him with another name online.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

How To Start A Presentation That Will Capture Your Audience / Top Black CEOs At Global Corporations And Lessons From Their Careers / At What Point Should A Man Stop Working For Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.