Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Why I Sacked 900 Teachers – Oshiomole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Sacked 900 Teachers – Oshiomole (594 Views)

Why I Sacked All My Commissioners --- Gov.wike / Cameroon 'kills 100 Boko Haram Fighters And Frees 900 Hostages' -bbc Africa / Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Sacked 900 Teachers – Oshiomole by uscofield: 3:35pm On Nov 12, 2015
Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomole has disclosed his reason for the recent sack of the 900 teachers in the state as it was discovered that most of the teachers told lies about their age, courtesy of affidavit.
He made this known at the 7th anniversary ceremony of his administration in Benin.
He said he got to know of most of the teacher’s deceit when he asked them to submit their primary school certificate in order to verify and determine their real age as a primary school certificate is a good means to detect actual ages of people.

Adams Oshiomole said after the verification exercise, it was discovered that “most of the teachers finished their primary school even before they were born” adding that he had no choice than to send the teachers back home to their uncles and aunties who swore the affidavit for them.
He disclosed that the teachers got used to the lackadaisical behavior during the PDP era who owed them salaries for months.

He said he visited a school where a teacher confessed to him that they come to school twice a week as they had to get other means of livelihood for their family as they spent other days for business activities.
He however reinstated his commitment to serve the people of Edo state as he puts smiles of their faces.

Source: https://www.today.ng/news/national/37231/why-i-sacked-900-teachers-oshiomole

Re: Why I Sacked 900 Teachers – Oshiomole by palladin: 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2015
It's not uncommon for government workers to tell lies about their age. Just make sure you employ 1000 back to replace the sacked 900. That way you might be justified
Re: Why I Sacked 900 Teachers – Oshiomole by Lilimax(f): 3:38pm On Nov 12, 2015
Oshiomole should tread with cautions undecided
It seems his people are already angry with him embarassed
Re: Why I Sacked 900 Teachers – Oshiomole by kosovo(m): 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2015
The only governor who doesn't have a primary 6 certificate sacking teachers who lied about their age.

The same Goodluck Jonathan he had been mouth-wetting helped his sorry black arse when he could not provide his pry.6 certificate at the courts..

Thereafter, the irresponsible "go and die" governor went ahead to burn down the records department of the Ministry of Education.

Education is not having mouth diarrhoea...
Re: Why I Sacked 900 Teachers – Oshiomole by JoshRDWM(m): 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
That is a lot of teachers!

(1) (Reply)

Sai Change. Fuel Selling At 170 In Uyo / Pro-biafra Activists Protest In Umuahia / New Zealand Begins Voting In Flag Referendum (Pics Of Shortlisted Flags)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.