Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,470 members, 7,864,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:23 AM

5 Reasons Buhari’s New Ministers May Be The Best Ever - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Buhari’s New Ministers May Be The Best Ever (1013 Views)

11 Ex-Jonathan's Ministers May Join APC - The Nation / Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi / Revealed: Real Reasons Buhari Chose His SGF, COS - Nigerian Tribune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Buhari’s New Ministers May Be The Best Ever by dre11(m): 5:31pm On Nov 12, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari’s new ministers might be the best ever as a good number of them have the credentials to turn the fortune of the nation’s economy for good.

The profile of the newly sworn in ministers read by the president’s spokesperson, Garba Shehu on Wednesday, November 11 before their inauguration showed that Nigerians should anticipate good times ahead.

Some of the reasons for these ministers will perform are given below.

1. Buhari’s sterling leadership qualities
President Muhammadu Buhari is a politician who exemplifies what a good leader should be like. Some of the newly appointed ministers have already keyed into the agenda of the president even before they were sworn in. This is a good omen. All of them want to do just what will appeal to the yearnings of Nigerians and not their personal ego.

2. Little or no nepotism in appointing portfolios
One of the challenges of the past governments was that a great number of those appointed as federal ministers were either not ready or that they lack the administrative skills to oversee their ministries. However, Buhari’s new ministers are made up of tested and trusted hands. Someone could pick anyone of them and examine his previous achievements. A person like the new minister of Budget and National Planning, Udoma Udoma performed excellently in the financial sector.

3. Reduction in the number of ministries
The previous presidents all had overblown ministries. A situation whereby a single minister should head a ministry was not done. Buhari’s new ministers were given just a total of 24 ministries to administer. All previous governments had more than 24 ministries in which some of them were drain pipe.

4. Buhari’s statements during the ministerial retreat
President Muhammadu Buhari read out the riot act to his ministers before the actual inauguration on Wednesday, November 11. At the 2 day retreat at Abuja, he told them they have to be up and doing. He also warned them against any action that could bring about any tint of corruption to his government.

5. Buhari’s statements during the ministerial inauguration
The president stated clearly during the inauguration of his ministers that they were round pegs in round holes. This justifies the quality of those appointed by Buhari. Also, Buhari said he avoided the past mistakes some of the previous presidents made. He said what happened then was that the right sets of people were allocated the wrong portfolios. In addition, he stated that the citizens now listen to the government as he will work towards reducing poverty in the country.

https://www.naij.com/635890-5-reasons-buharis-new-ministers-may-best-ever.html

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Buhari’s New Ministers May Be The Best Ever by SeverusSnape(m): 5:34pm On Nov 12, 2015
**sigh**

... And the speculative praises have already started pouring in even before the Ministers settle down for the real work.

The sycophantic sycophants at it again.

I know these ministerial position were given as compensation for those who worked for B00HARI's emergence as the president, Most of them doesn't even merit it, Just few technocrats; The rest are just politicians, even their boss B00HARI referred to them as noisemakers. undecided

Anyways, I hope they deliver.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Buhari’s New Ministers May Be The Best Ever by palladin: 5:37pm On Nov 12, 2015
I couldn't agree more.

The guy above me is dumbfounded. Lol.

SeverusSnape:
Oh
Re: 5 Reasons Buhari’s New Ministers May Be The Best Ever by SeverusSnape(m): 5:40pm On Nov 12, 2015
palladin:
I couldn't agree more.
The guy above me is dumbfounded. Lol.

Really... Really...
Re: 5 Reasons Buhari’s New Ministers May Be The Best Ever by ijustdey: 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2015
even during the screening process.......

we have seen the kind of intelligence and capabilities these people had...

so I expect them to do better and effect a change in governance
Re: 5 Reasons Buhari’s New Ministers May Be The Best Ever by politricks: 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2015
SeverusSnape:
**sigh**

... And the speculative praises have already started pouring in even before the Ministers settle down for the real work.

The sycophantic sycophants at it again.

I know these ministerial position were given as compensation for those who worked for B00HARI's emergence as the president, Most of them doesn't even merit it, Just few technocrats; The rest are just politicians, even their boss B00HARI referred to them as noisemakers. undecided

Anyways, I hope they deliver.
Mention those that didn't merit the position.
Re: 5 Reasons Buhari’s New Ministers May Be The Best Ever by kYjelly2: 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2015
Naija, always counting chickens from broken eggs undecided

Y not adopt a wait and evaluate attitude, instead of a premature praising attitude

Can't we still remember that newspaper headline of a 1986 deadline to power outage
Re: 5 Reasons Buhari’s New Ministers May Be The Best Ever by SeverusSnape(m): 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2015
politricks:
Mention those that didn't merit the position.

The woman from Yobe (Can't recall her name), Shittu, Ngige, Audu Ogbe, Amaechi and The Liar himself Mohammed.
Re: 5 Reasons Buhari’s New Ministers May Be The Best Ever by chymystique(f): 6:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
Its even because of his statements I wont rate his appointments better EVER esp with the appointment of Amaechi. Since he became the president its only stories upon stories i've been hearing with no action... Let the ministers start performing before we talk of if they are going to be the best or not.... APC members them get special skill in Mouthaction only.. undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Buhari’s New Ministers May Be The Best Ever by politricks: 6:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
SeverusSnape:

The woman from Yobe (Can't recall her name), Shittu, Ngige, Audu Ogbe, Amaechi and The Liar himself Mohammed.
6 out of 36 and you said 'MOST' or has 'MOST' gotten a new meaning?.
Re: 5 Reasons Buhari’s New Ministers May Be The Best Ever by SeverusSnape(m): 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
politricks:
6 out of 36 and you said 'MOST' or has 'MOST' gotten a new meaning?.
There are others. Those with no portfolios. The ones I mentioned have portfolios.
Re: 5 Reasons Buhari’s New Ministers May Be The Best Ever by kingphilip(m): 6:17pm On Nov 12, 2015
We've seen the appointment and I'm not gonna judge anybody so soon because I don't know them closely neither have any of them ruled where I've based before

Their action(s) during the coming days will determine what my reaction will be

I'll give them the benefit of doubt to prove that they are the best ever

God bless Nigeria
God bless nairalanders
God bless kingphilip
Re: 5 Reasons Buhari’s New Ministers May Be The Best Ever by Pavarottii(m): 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2015
OP! Sorry to say! U made no sense in ur post! And lest I forget... U ARE DUMB! For posting this sorta news.
Re: 5 Reasons Buhari’s New Ministers May Be The Best Ever by ijustdey: 7:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
Pavarottii:
[s]OP! Sorry to say! U made no sense in ur post! And lest I forget... U ARE DUMB! For posting this sorta news[/s].

Re: 5 Reasons Buhari’s New Ministers May Be The Best Ever by Islie: 8:03pm On Nov 12, 2015
we need performance before we start rating them if they are the best or not

abi lalasticlala...... don't you think so

(1) (Reply)

Revealed: Gabonese President Is An Igboman / Are Igbos Truly Marginalised??part 3 of 4 / Why FG Toll Intention Is F-R-A-U-D-U-L-E-N-T And Should Be Resisted!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.