Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,739 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Between Alan Shearer and Eminem - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Between Alan Shearer and Eminem (4787 Views)

CALM DOWN: Mad collaboration between Busta Rhyme and Eminem / Which Track Is The "Maddest" Between Nas "I Can" And Eminem's "Stan" / BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by eldee(m): 10:37pm On May 16, 2009
As I listened to Liverpool fans sing 'Shoulda stayed on the Tele' in their thousands against Newcastle, the only person that came to my mind (apart from Alan Shearer obviously) was Eminem's Relapse.
2/3 years after Shady's 'retirement' every work that came out from rap studios round America was being measured against MMLP.

From The Game's Documentary to Jay-Z's American Gangster, Stans and even the rest of the 'hiphop heads' around the globe were quick to point out that Eminem's last album is the best thing after sex on a Dubai beach.
It was seriously getting annoying when came out to blame hiphop's 'death' on Shady's retirement.

Then came the 14th of May 2009, four days before the 'rebirth of hiphop' . . . yeah, the day the the most eagerly awaited hiphop album of our time leaked.
Got the album, mission accomplished . . . mildly put, if this is what Eminem wanted to bring out, he shoulda stayed in retirement and held on to the cred.

It's funny how Alan Shearer had to manage Newcastle before the Magpies realised that football management is not as clearcut as sitting on Match of The Day hating on Arsenal. . . it's also funny how Eminem had to release an album to see that hiphop music has evolved.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Sauron1: 10:46pm On May 16, 2009
eldee:

As I listened to Liverpool fans sing 'Shoulda stayed on the Tele' in their thousands against Newcastle, the only person that came to my mind (apart from Alan Shearer obviously) was Eminem's Relapse.
2/3 years after Shady's 'retirement' every work that came out from rap studios round America was being measured against MMLP.

From The Game's Documentary to Jay-Z's American Gangster, Stans and even the rest of the 'hiphop heads' around the globe were quick to point out that Eminem's last album is the best thing after sex on a Dubai beach.
It was seriously getting annoying when came out to blame hiphop's 'death' on Shady's retirement.

Then came the 14th of May 2009, four days before the 'rebirth of hiphop' . . . yeah, the day the the most eagerly awaited hiphop album of our time leaked.
Got the album, mission accomplished . . . mildly put, if this is what Eminem wanted to bring out, he shoulda stayed in retirement and held on to the cred.

U must be having a laugh, mate!!!
Eminem's Relapse is the best rap album i have listened to in the last 3 years.
If you want to base your judgement on the leaked version of his album, it's entirely up to you.
Wait for the itunes version. wink
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by eldee(m): 10:55pm On May 16, 2009
~Sauron~:

U must be having a laugh, mate!!!
Eminem's Relapse is the best rap album i have listened to in the last 3 years.
If you want to base your judgement on the leaked version of his album, it's entirely up to you.
Wait for the itunes version. wink
Dude, you're going to have to send this one to me . . . cus I don't see myself contributing to this robbery.
This is a purely commercial effort . . . coming from someone that 'can't release an album because of what the game has turned into' I'm dissapointed.

You're talking bout the leaked version, I'll wait for i-tunes, I think it's coming out later in the UK as usual.
Maybe the audio quality will help, but same thing with Newcastle, maybe they won't be relegated. cheesy cheesy
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Sauron1: 11:11pm On May 16, 2009
eldee:

Dude, you're going to have to send this one to me . . . cus I don't see myself contributing to this robbery.
This is a purely commercial effort . . . coming from someone that 'can't release an album because of what the game has turned into' I'm dissapointed.

How is this a commercial effort?
Dig deep into the album(forget the radio-friendly songs on MTV).
"3 am", "Underground", "Stay Wide Awake", etc.
These are dark songs no rapper has been able to put out for the past 3-4 years.
Flow-wise and lyrically, this album is amazing.

You're talking bout the leaked version, I'll wait for i-tunes, I think it's coming out later in the UK as usual.
Maybe the audio quality will help, but same thing with Newcastle, maybe they won't be relegated. cheesy cheesy

I think it's coming out 24 hours later in the USA.
Album to be released on the18th in the UK, 19th in the USA(Never mind, i will send the album to your mailbox).
What i don't seem to understand is critics saying Eminem should change his stylez. . . . .How can?
Elton John hasn't stopped his love stories, Beyonce hasn't stopped her beautiful liar schizo, why should Eminem change?
Bagpipes from Baghdad till ma pulse stops. grin
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by icezik1(m): 7:40am On May 17, 2009
@Sauron

I completely agree with you.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by A40(m): 12:51pm On May 17, 2009
eldee:

It's funny how Alan Shearer had to manage Newcastle before the Magpies realised that football management is not as clearcut as sitting on Match of The Day hating on Arsenal. . . it's also funny how Eminem had to release an album to see that hiphop music has evolved.

That is the point we have been trying to get across to these Stans!!! It was not worth the wait by any stretch of the imagination
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by eldee(m): 7:12pm On May 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

How is this a commercial effort?
Dig deep into the album(forget the radio-friendly songs on MTV).
"3 am", "Underground", "Stay Wide Awake", etc.
These are dark songs no rapper has been able to put out for the past 3-4 years.
Flow-wise and lyrically, this album is amazing.
You call that radio-friendly?? Nah, that's not even ear-friendly

Come on, this album is not even as good as The Game's Documentary, lyrically and otherwise.

You want to know why it's a commercial effort, Eminem's on Friday with Jonathan Ross, he's releasing a game for this . . . why did we wait four years to see what a 50 Cent coulda done??

Every idiot comes out to say they're not releasing albums because standards have dipped, and then they end up pushing the standards much lower.
I heard 50Cent saying he'staking a break from hiphop too. Why?? He 'ain't feeling this climate in hiphop'. . . rubbish

~Sauron~:

What i don't seem to understand is critics saying Eminem should change his stylez. . . . .How can?
Elton John hasn't stopped his love stories, Beyonce hasn't stopped her beautiful liar schizo, why should Eminem change?
Bagpipes from Baghdad till ma pulse stops. grin
I'm not saying he should change, I'm saying this effort is crap.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Sauron1: 7:32pm On May 17, 2009
eldee:

Go and listen to track 20 "Underground" and tell me The Game can match the poetry in his bleeped up life.
Are u shitting me?
How can you compare Eminem's album to The Game??
Obie Trice's albums are all better than anything The Game spewed.
Take 50 cent out of "Documentary" and you have the same mix-tape quality of ALABAI or Mode-9. grin

This effort is only 2nd to MMLP.
Relapse is better than Encore, Slim Shady and The Eminem Show.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by A40(m): 8:32pm On May 17, 2009
eldee:

Come on, this album is not even as good as The Game's Documentary, lyrically and otherwise.

You want to know why it's a commercial effort, Eminem's on Friday with Jonathan Ross, he's releasing a game for this . . . why did we wait four years to see what a 50 Cent coulda done??

Every idiot comes out to say they're not releasing albums because standards have dipped, and then they end up pushing the standards much lower.
I heard 50Cent saying he'staking a break from hiphop too. Why?? He 'ain't feeling this climate in hiphop'. . . rubbish
There is nothing friendly about the album it was average!!

The album is not as good as Doctor's Advocate never mind the Documentary

Gosh go and listen to Rick Ross's deeper than Rap that album shits on this one every day of the week

~Sauron~:

Go and listen to track 20 "Underground" and tell me The Game can match the poetry in his bleeped up life.
Are u shitting me?
Take 50 cent out of "Documentary" and you have the same mix-tape quality of ALABAI or Mode-9. grin

You need bed-rest
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Go and listen to track 20 "Underground" [/b]and tell me The Game can match the poetry in his bleeped up life.
Are u shitting me?

Notice how they will pretend that track doesn't exist.

A-40:

There is nothing friendly about the album it was average!!

The album is not as good as Doctor's Advocate never mind the Documentary

Gosh go and listen to[b] Rick Ross's deeper than Rap that album shits on this one [/b]every day of the week
You need [b]bed-rest

grin grin grin grin grin

It's good. But your definition of a better Rap album??  grin grin grin grin grin And you wonder why they say standards have dipped.

I'll take that bed rest so as not to read this crap anymore.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by icezik1(m): 11:55pm On May 17, 2009
Deeper than rap is a good album but not as good as Relapse. Lyrically, Eminem is sicker than Rick. Beautiful, Insane, Hello and Underground are all testament's to Em's lyrical genius. Besides, Rick Ross featured a lot of people to make his album good.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by A40(m): 12:05am On May 18, 2009
ice_zik:

Deeper than rap is a good album but not as good as Relapse. Lyrically, Eminem is sicker than Rick. Beautiful, Insane, Hello and Underground are all testament's to Em's lyrical genius. Besides, Rick Ross featured a lot of people to make his album good.
No one is calling Rick Ross a rap genius or comparing him to EM i hope you understand Ricky can have a better album and not necessarily be a better rapper

khai_khai:

Notice how they will pretend that track doesn't exist.

grin grin grin grin grin

It's good. But your definition of a better Rap album??  grin grin grin grin grin And you wonder why they say standards have dipped.

I'll take that bed rest so as not to read this crap anymore.

Naah i have a better idea. . You could pluck out your eyeballs with a pitch-fork!! grin grin Rick Ross's album is better
Eminem was supposed to raise the standards right? well i'm sorry Miss Jackson he has actually lowered it further
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Sauron1: 2:00am On May 18, 2009
A-40:

No one is calling Rick Ross a rap genius or comparing him to EM i hope you understand Ricky can have a better album and not necessarily be a better rapper

Not in a million years would Rick Ross(50 cent's bitch) have a better album than Marshal Mathers.
It's not possible. There is RAP and there is rap.
Name any song in the past 5 years deeper than Eminem's "Underground" and i will hand you $500. grin

Naah i have a better idea. . You could pluck out your eyeballs with a pitch-fork!! grin grin Rick Ross's album is better
Eminem was supposed to raise the standards right? well i'm sorry Miss Jackson he has actually lowered it further

No need for u to act like Rick Ross here. . . . .
Eminem's album whups Rick Ross'. . . . . .It's like comparing Biggie's "Ready To Die" to Nelly's "Country Grammar".
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by icezik1(m): 4:58am On May 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

It's like comparing Biggie's "Ready To Die" to Nelly's "Country Grammar".

The mere suggestion that they could even be compared haunts me.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by DBR: 6:13am On May 18, 2009
Hmmm, still watchin undecided
oNe
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Ibime(m): 10:09am On May 18, 2009
Only immature minds would like Eminem's new release. . . . . Sauron's still stuck in a teenage mindset. . . . Eminem should evolve abeg. . . . dude is damn near 35 years old, still sounding immature . . . . the jokes aint funny no more. . . .

Also, anyone that thinks Eminem Show was a good album needs to be investigated. . . . . I am guessing that those who like Eminem Show started listening to Eminem circa 2002. If that was your first taste of Eminem, you may possibly like it, but those of us who've been listening to Em since 97 would tell you that Slim Shady LP was his best album, followed by Marshall Mathers LP. . . . he started changing his style on Marshall Mathers LP and he took it to an extreme on Eminem Show where he was more concerned about making multi-syllables fit perfectly on the beat, and less concerned about wit and good story-telling. . . . .
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Sauron1: 1:21pm On May 18, 2009
Ibime:

Only immature minds would like Eminem's new release. . . . . Sauron's still stuck in a teenage mindset. . . . Eminem should evolve abeg. . . . dude is damn near 35 years old, still sounding immature . . . . the jokes aint funny no more. . . .

U are a consummate retard!!!
Eminem should evolve from what to what?? He tried evolving in his last album(Encore). . . .
Talking about Politics and the ills of the society and purists condemned the album saying it was too dull for their liking.
Y'all Sean Kingston fans can't have it both ways. . . . .This is Eminem back to Slim Shady.

Also, anyone that thinks Eminem Show was a good album needs to be investigated. . . . . I am guessing that those who like Eminem Show started listening to Eminem circa 2002. If that was your first taste of Eminem, you may possibly like it, but those of us who've been listening to Em since 97 would tell you that Slim Shady LP was his best album, followed by Marshall Mathers LP. . . .

You are hurling unadulterated balderdash. . . . . . .How u even compare MMLP to Slim Shady LP beats me to death.
MMLP is by far his best work and RELAPSE should be directly under it(above Slim Shady and The Eminem Show).

He started changing his style on Marshall Mathers LP and he took it to an extreme on Eminem Show where he was more concerned about making multi-syllables fit perfectly on the beat, and less concerned about wit and good story-telling. . . . .

U dunno what you talking about . . . . . .
Eminem is still witty and his story-telling skills are still top drawer.
Stick to your T-Pain and T.I. if you don't like Eminem. grin

ice_zik:

Don't pay attention to A-40, Rick Ross is so full of shit. A 3rd division rapper when he is at his best.
A-40 is jealous Eminem banged Mariah Carey without a condom.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by A40(m): 1:06am On May 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Not in a million years would Rick Ross(50 cent's bitch) have a better album than Marshal Mathers.
It's not possible. There is RAP and there is rap.
Name any song in the past 5 years deeper than Eminem's "Underground" and i will hand you $500. grin

No need for u to act like Rick Ross here. . . . .
Eminem's album whups Rick Ross'. . . . . .It's like comparing Biggie's "Ready To Die" to Nelly's "Country Grammar".
Abeg make i hear word!! Go and cop the album and don't be so narrow-minded Deeper than Rap took Relapse to the cleaners

Have you heard Usual Suspects ft Nas?? Ross made Nas sound like Timaya  grin grin grin

~Sauron~:

Don't pay attention to A-40, Rick Ross is so full of shit. A 3rd division rapper when he is at his best.
A-40 is jealous Eminem banged Mariah Carey without a condom.
Yeah he banged her without a condom alright. . . . . . In his wet dreams grin grin

Jealous indeed. . . Eminem has no game he couldn't even make second base with Mariah and is probably having a wankathon on the poor gyal right now cheesy
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Sauron1: 1:33am On May 19, 2009
A-40:

Abeg make i hear word!! Go and cop the album and don't be so narrow-minded Deeper than Rap took Relapse to the cleaners
Have you heard Usual Suspects ft Nas?? Ross made Nas sound like Timaya  grin grin grin

Deeper than Rap. . . . . .That has 2.5 stars review on Rolling Stone?? grin grin
Poor rappers like Rick Ross are the ones giving Mode-9 and Blackface a little hope that they can still win the grammys.
I understand "Deeper Than Rap" has seen a steady decline of sales with approximately 60% drop each week and is currently unlikely to reach gold status. 50 cent has killed another career yet again. grin grin

Yeah he banged her without a condom alright. . . . . . In his wet dreams grin grin
Jealous indeed. . . Eminem has no game he couldn't even make second base with Mariah and is probably having a wankathon on the poor gyal right now cheesy

So u believe Nick Cannon's rants that Eminem didn't make 2nd base?? cheesy grin
Ask yourself why he removed those comments from his blog 24 hours later. . . . . .
Well. . . . . .It was because he belatedly realised Eminem was saying the truth. Intel says MC has confessed that Eminem did the schitzo. cheesy

Well, this clip should convince you Eminem boned Mariah Carey with no condom.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z7aWGDxgo8&hl=en&fs=1"[/flash]
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by A40(m): 1:56am On May 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Deeper than Rap. . . . . .That has 2.5 stars review on Rolling Stone?? grin grin
Poor rappers like Rick Ross are the ones giving Mode-9 and Blackface a little hope that they can still win the grammys.
I understand "Deeper Than Rap" has seen a steady decline of sales with approximately 60% drop each week and is currently unlikely to reach gold status. 50 cent has killed another career yet again. grin grin
Rolling Stone?? The Source gave MMLP 2 mics on that basis we can assume MMLP was crap abi??
Its not about the sales its not every artiste that actually go back to record stores and buy back their own albums lol
Deeper than Rap sold almost 200,000 in its first week it is definitely going to go Gold.50 has nothing on him besides Trilla barely made gold so this has nothing to do with 50 that album is strictly for rap heads and not the Hip Pop Fiddy would most likely put out

~Sauron~:

So u believe Nick Cannon's rants that Eminem didn't make 2nd base?? cheesy grin
Ask yourself why he removed those comments from his blog 24 hours later. . . . . .
Well. . . . . .It was because he belatedly realised Eminem was saying the truth. Intel says MC has confessed that Eminem did the schitzo. cheesy

Well, this clip should convince you Eminem boned Mariah Carey with no condom.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z7aWGDxgo8&hl=en&fs=1"[/flash]
Ohh you must be high on cohiba!!! you expect me to take the rants of an employee of EM on this matter like you wouldn't say i shagged Fergie's wife if i paid your bills.Get outta here!! didn't you see how he was butt-kissing EM in the entire interview it was irritating
I'm sure you must be one of those that also believe that 2Pac actually f'ucked Biggie's wife
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Sauron1: 12:58pm On May 19, 2009
A-40:

Rolling Stone?? The Source gave MMLP 2 mics on that basis we can assume MMLP was crap abi??
Its not about the sales its not every artiste that actually go back to record stores and buy back their own albums lol

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, The Source gave MMLP 4 mics when it came out.
Even though we know they hate Eminem, his album still copped 4 heavy mics.
Rick Ross is lyrically inept.

Deeper than Rap sold almost 200,000 in its first week it is definitely going to go Gold.50 has nothing on him besides Trilla barely made gold so this has nothing to do with 50 that album is strictly for rap heads and not the Hip Pop Fiddy would most likely put out

The sales are on the decline.
158,000 in the first week. . . . .51,000 in the 2nd week, 35,000 in the 3rd week and 6,000 in the 4th week.
Tell officer Ross to go back to the penn and continue his job with keeping lags in check.
Rap is not his forte. "Trilla" was even better as it sold 200,000 in it's first week.
Be honest. . . . . . .50 cent has ended another rap career of a CO. tongue tongue tongue tongue

Ohh you must be high on cohiba!!! you expect me to take the rants of an employee of EM on this matter like you wouldn't say i shagged Fergie's wife if i paid your bills.Get outta here!! didn't you see how he was butt-kissing EM in the entire interview it was irritating
I'm sure you must be one of those that also believe that 2Pac actually f'ucked Biggie's wife

Of course, Eminem boned Mariah Careh. . . . . .They dated.
You have never met Fergie's wife so that claim would be ridiculous.
2Pac never dated Biggie's wife so the claim was doubtful.
If Eminem had told the wall he shagged Beyonce then we would be scratching our heads but legend has it that he dated MC.
Nick cannon was defending 2nd base whereas Eminem peed on her. grin cheesy
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by A40(m): 2:35pm On May 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, The Source gave MMLP 4 mics when it came out.
Even though we know they hate Eminem, his album still copped 4 heavy mics.
Rick Ross is lyrically inept.
Which Source What did you think started their beef
The Source gave MMLP a miserly 2 and a half mics it was after much pleading and lobbying from Stans
like you that the album got upgraded to the 4 mics status
F.Y.I Vibe gave Ross a 4 star rating

~Sauron~:

The sales are on the decline.
158,000 in the first week. . . . .51,000 in the 2nd week, 35,000 in the 3rd week and 6,000 in the 4th week.
Tell officer Ross to go back to the penn and continue his job with keeping lags in check.
Rap is not his forte. "Trilla" was even better as it sold 200,000 in it's first week.
Be honest. . . . . . .50 cent has ended another rap career of a CO. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Who doesn't know that album sales usually decline after the first week??
Besides Rick Ross has never been a multi-platinum selling rapper heck not too many southern rappers go
platinum.I don't remember Ricky moving more than GOLD!! Fiddy had nothing to do with this so stop making it sound like Ross was one multi-platinum selling rapper before their beef
Blame it on increased taxes grin grin

~Sauron~:
Of course, Eminem boned Mariah Careh. . . . . .They dated.
You have never met Fergie's wife so that claim would be ridiculous.
2Pac never dated Biggie's wife so the claim was doubtful.
If Eminem had told the wall he shagged Beyonce then we would be scratching our heads but legend has it that he dated MC.
Nick cannon was defending 2nd base whereas Eminem peed on her. grin cheesy
Whoo Kid is a bloddy ass-kisser he would not deny that EM shagged his own mom if he was asked in that interview!! it was so nauseating to watch

Stop arguing like a 5th grader since when did it become a surety that you must bone every girl you date
It is not every girl you date you shag and it is not every girl you shag you date you of all people should know this

I doubt Eminem even got a sneak peek at the color of her panties grin cheesy
You would be rather naive to believe EM actually went that far don't believe everything your earlobe captures son
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Sauron1: 8:07pm On May 19, 2009
A-40:

Which Source What did you think started their beef
The Source gave MMLP a miserly 2 and a half mics it was after much pleading and lobbying from Stans
like you that the album got upgraded to the 4 mics status
F.Y.I Vibe gave Ross a 4 star rating

A-40, stop misinforming the public.
The information is not far-fetched. . . . . .The Source gave MMLP 4 mics.
I have that particular edition of the magazine it was 4 mics. . . . .The reason he didn't cop 5 was the whole homophobic, misogny and violence portrayed in the album.

Who doesn't know that album sales usually decline after the first week??
Besides Rick Ross has never been a multi-platinum selling rapper heck not too many southern rappers go
platinum.I don't remember Ricky moving more than GOLD!! Fiddy had nothing to do with this so stop making it sound like Ross was one multi-platinum selling rapper before their beef

Fiddy killed his career.
How can album sales decline from 160,000 in the first week to 6,000 by the fourth week.
Come on. . . . . .In Drogba's words. . . .It's a disgrace, it's a fucking disgrace.

Blame it on increased taxes grin grin

Increased taxes??
Hahahahahahaha I woulda been more satisfied if you had blamed it on SWINE FLU.

Whoo Kid is a bloddy ass-kisser he would not deny that EM shagged his own mom if he was asked in that interview!! it was so nauseating to watch

He has no reason to lie.
Mariah Careh is not the hottest diva out there so whatz there to brag about?
Eminem shagged her without a bag. . . . . .FACT!!!
Nick Carey got the news late and he quickly removed his rants from the blog 24 hours later.
Rumours from LA even says there is a video of the whole shiznit. grin grin grin

Stop arguing like a 5th grader since when did it become a surety that you must bone every girl you date
It is not every girl you date you shag and it is not every girl you shag you date you of all people should know this

This theory is true except Mariah Careh is a slut.
With sluts, shaggin is inevitable. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I doubt Eminem even got a sneak peek at the color of her panties grin cheesy
You would be rather naive to believe EM actually went that far don't believe everything your earlobe captures son

I don't doubt Eminem boned MC.
There was a reason Tommy Motolla kicked this babe out of his life.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by sirwebs(m): 8:37pm On May 19, 2009
@poster just watch the charts. Jus' don't allow ur blood pressure to go up alongside Eminem's album.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by A40(m): 11:13pm On May 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

A-40, stop misinforming the public.
The information is not far-fetched. . . . . .The Source gave MMLP 4 mics.
I have that particular edition of the magazine it was 4 mics. . . . .The reason he didn't cop 5 was the whole homophobic, misogny and violence portrayed in the album.
Good Grief!!!
This is proof that you know not on what you speak on tongue tongue

http://www.eminemlab.com/eminemenemies/benzino.html

~Sauron~:

Fiddy killed his career.
How can album sales decline from 160,000 in the first week to 6,000 by the fourth week.
Come on. . . . . .In Drogba's words. . . .It's a disgrace, it's a fucking disgrace.
What does this have to do with Fiddy?? the album still made NO1 in its first week of release and is by no means a flop!! How about T.O.S that has not sold 200,000 till this minute!! should we say Fiddy and G-Unit's career is finished too?

~Sauron~:

Increased taxes??
Hahahahahahaha I woulda been more satisfied if you had blamed it on SWINE FLU.
Everyone and their grandma knows that record sales is on the decline nowadays seriously this meltdown thing is not a joke go and ask peeps in Michigan if a behemoth company like GM is facing bankruptcy it should show you how gloomy things are

~Sauron~:

He has no reason to lie.
Mariah Careh is not the hottest diva out there so whatz there to brag about?
Eminem shagged her without a bag. . . . . .FACT!!!
Nick Carey got the news late and he quickly removed his rants from the blog 24 hours later.
Rumours from LA even says there is a video of the whole shiznit. grin grin grin
Of course he has every reason to lie he is Eminem and not Rev Eminem.It would take more than a Whoo Kid interview to convince me that shit happened

~Sauron~:

This theory is true except Mariah Careh is a slut.
With sluts, shaggin is inevitable. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I am not saying she is Holy Virgin Mary but i have heard Mariah's response in a song can't remember the name right now but i would look for it its her word against his and in scenarios like this there is a 70% chance the girl is saying the truth

~Sauron~:

I don't doubt Eminem boned MC.
There was a reason Tommy Motolla kicked this babe out of his life.
Tommy Motolla did not want to die of a heart-attack.Bloody Aristo
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Sauron1: 1:42am On May 20, 2009
A-40:

Good Grief!!!
This is proof that you know not on what you speak on tongue tongue
http://www.eminemlab.com/eminemenemies/benzino.html

As you can see, the album got 4 mics on The Source. . . . .
The 2.5 mics was a farce. . . . .I saw MMLP as 4 mics when MMLP came out.

Of course he has every reason to lie he is Eminem and not Rev Eminem.It would take more than a Whoo Kid interview to convince me that shit happened

Bes believe it. . . . . .Em pissed on Mariah.

I am not saying she is Holy Virgin Mary but i have heard Mariah's response in a song can't remember the name right now but i would look for it its her word against his and in scenarios like this there is a 70% chance the girl is saying the truth

So you are saying there's 30% chance Mariah was lying?? grin grin grin
Thats enough to convict her. What a dirty little slut she is?? tongue
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by eldee(m): 12:11pm On May 20, 2009
Ibime:

Also, anyone that thinks Eminem Show was a good album needs to be investigated. . . . . I am guessing that those who like Eminem Show started listening to Eminem circa 2002. If that was your first taste of Eminem, you may possibly like it, but those of us who've been listening to Em since 97 would tell you that Slim Shady LP was his best album, followed by Marshall Mathers LP. . . . he started changing his style on Marshall Mathers LP and he took it to an extreme on Eminem Show where he was more concerned about making multi-syllables fit perfectly on the beat, and less concerned about wit and good story-telling. . . . .
This is exactly what I pointed out on the other thread
He was busy using stupid words to make the multies perfect

What the Bleep is 'baleed'??
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by rapjunkie(m): 12:37pm On May 20, 2009
Ibime:

Seconded.

IMO, his best work can be heard between 1996 - 2002. 'infinite' the ' slimshady lp' and 'MMLP' and the numerous mixtapes and collabos he featured on. After 2002 he loses it for me. His rapping voice begins to change, which is quite annoying and he starts to take himself too seriously.

I was a proper stan back in the day but when i bought the ' eminem show' there was something missing.  I hardly listened to the album and have gone off him since. I still regularly bump his pre 2002 stuff but i wont even bother to get relapse if 'we made you' is anything to go by.

It was quite disappointing to see the video and realise that this was a 'stick to formula and make money' creative effort. . . . .plus he looks drawn and gaunt, like he's on crack.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by eldee(m): 12:49pm On May 20, 2009
rapjunkie:

Seconded.

IMO, his best work can be heard between 1996 - 2002. 'infinite' the ' slimshady lp' and 'MMLP' and the numerous mixtapes and collabos he featured on. After 2002 he loses it for me. His rapping voice begins to change, which is quite annoying and he starts to take himself too seriously.

I was a proper stan back in the day but when i bought the ' eminem show' there was something missing. I hardly listened to the album and have gone off him since. I still regularly bump his pre 2002 stuff but i wont even bother to get relapse if 'we made you' is anything to go by.

It was quite disappointing to see the video and realise that this was a 'stick to formula and make money' creative effort. . . . .plus he looks drawn and gaunt, like he's on crack.

The funniest part is the fact that he's trying to use this shock effect to get attention
This whole serial killer thingy is just Dre's genius . . . 'they've been waiting for five years, let's try to give them a fake-MMLP, they'll accept anything'
Little wonder a PC-game's coming straight with this
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Krayola(m): 12:50pm On May 20, 2009
haha,  even though I don't like eminem anymore, I have to side with Sauron on this one,

I was a big eminem fan,  I LOOOVE eminem show (its even my favorite). I bought his first album the day it came out, and every other one until  encore (when i noticed i had grown out of him.) I have been listening to hip hop since 1985 (when i was 5 years old) and i'm yet to meet one person on this earth that has listened to more hip hop than me. I know that sounds like a ridiculous claim but i'm dead serious. To suggest that anyone that likes the eminem show doesn't have a clue is just the height of arrogance. Music is all about personal preferences,  and one man's food is another man's poison. Hip-Hop fans have a habit of thinking their tastes dictate what is "real hip hop",  i've even heard people born in the nineties talking about what "real hip hop is",  its just preposterous.

As far as eminem using repetition and non existent words to rhyme, almost everyone does it (It is tempting to say this shows you don't have a clue about rap music, but i know that is not the case. you probably just didn't think it through before posting),    Have u ever listened to Lil wayne? he makes up his own words on almost every song.  Jay Z does it , "I'm not a business man, i'm a business, mehn. so stay out of my business damn".

I wouldn't touch a rick ross album with a ten foot pole, i wouldn't even touch a lil wayne album either,   but when i listen to them i appreciate what they do, even if it does not appeal to me (its hard to take all these guys seriously when i've overdosed on guys like MOP, scarface, Raekwon and other real gutter rappers that talk street sh!t), but u will never hear me suggest they are wack or useless or shit like that. I know it is just probably because i'm a lil older and have a lot more in my archives to compare it with,  than say someone who got into hip hop in the late nineties or even 2000s. Anyone who ridicules other people's taste in music because they don't agree with his does not have a clue what ART really is all about.

In my opinion eminem is still one of the greats,  some of the stuff he does on this new album is just mind-blowing,  but i think some of the songs are also lame,  but that is just my opinion, and whether or not you agree you're just going to have to respect it. But no one is an authority on this subject so this debate isn't really going anywhere.  i've been arguing with my friends about what "real" hip hop is for years and we have never agreed, and i know they are hip hop junkies as well. people just like different sh!t and there is no straight forward logical explanation for that.

I know people that LOVE souljah boy, and I've known them long enough to know that they have a mature knowledge of hip hop and would never suggest they are ignorant. You just have to learn to respect other people's tastes.

Eminem has always stuck to the formula,  so it isn't exactly front page news,  while i agree that he needs to evolve, i also know this , "if it ain't broke don't try to fix it"
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Sauron1: 4:29pm On May 20, 2009
Krayola:

Eminem has always stuck to the formula, so it isn't exactly front page news, while i agree that he needs to evolve, i also know this , "if it ain't broke don't try to fix it"

He does not have to evolve. His formula works magic.
Jay-Z, Nas, Canibus, Kanye all tried and they all evolved into the abyss.
How relevant is any Nas tracks these days or Jigga's American Gangstar??
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by kaydee(m): 6:18pm On May 20, 2009
@ Krayola
There is a standard and i know what real Hip Hop is, If you're confused 'coz ur friends won't agree with you,read Saul Williams' "Open Letter to Oprah Winfrey"

@ Topic

Yet to cop the album so i can't say nothing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Download Audio: Tiwa Savage – One / Enya Dark Sky Island Full Album. Download / Antares Autotune Pro Crack With VST Serial Key [win/mac]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.