Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,827 members, 7,831,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Between Alan Shearer and Eminem - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Between Alan Shearer and Eminem (4802 Views)

CALM DOWN: Mad collaboration between Busta Rhyme and Eminem / Which Track Is The "Maddest" Between Nas "I Can" And Eminem's "Stan" / BET Awards Cypher: Mos Def, Blackthought And Eminem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by A40(m): 12:14am On Jun 04, 2009
@Wordsmith
Word! He has his own kinda style: that lazy ear catching flow with smooth delivery and you can tell nothing is forced.He doesn't need to sound like EM cos he can't be EM
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Krayola(m): 1:30am On Jun 04, 2009
I don't like eminem's album and i understand why a lot of people don't like it but i can't honestly say it is a bad album. I think it was well done. Eminem has his target audience and couldn't be fukced what u or i think. There was a time when we loved to hear that stuff but we don't anymore but there are lots of people that still do. You can't blame Em for playing the game right. His rhymes are still crazy and his delivery is still top notch and he is still working with the best people in the business so sound-wise his stuff will always be on point. Em is laughing to the bank. . Kudos to him.

That said, anybody wey no like Jay-z suppose go dive off cliff. You don't deserve life.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by A40(m): 8:07am On Jun 04, 2009
@Krayola
You are on point!I know its not a bad album neither is it a classic but the way these Stans hype it is whats nauseating me especially knowing fully well that EM has dropped better material
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by A40(m): 8:11am On Jun 04, 2009
@Krayola
Yeah i agree with you Jigga haters dont deserve life
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by dawhizkid1(m): 3:18pm On Jun 04, 2009
@a-40. Go to lyricsmode.com search 4 eminem underground lyrics. The name of songwriters are there. I bet you see Carter, Shawn. Isn't dat ur jigga's name?
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by dawhizkid1(m): 3:18pm On Jun 04, 2009
@a-40. Go to lyricsmode.com search 4 eminem underground lyrics. The name of songwriters are there. I bet you see Carter, Shawn. Isn't dat ur jigga's name?
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Bamsyle(m): 8:45pm On Jun 04, 2009
Hehe . . . lotta sparks been flyin' round here with reckless abandon . . .  cheesy

@Sauron

Since you've been championing the cause of the Relapse album with so much fervour . . . I decided to listen to the tracks that you listed as the best on the album . . .

And here are my quick thoughts:

My Darling - Nice joint . . . it's Eminem versus the sinister/diabolic spirit working within him . . . however, it's average when compared with another Eminem song with a similar concept - "Guilty Conscience".

Old Time's Sake (feat Dr Dre) - Another nice joint . . . Eminem has a natural chemistry with Dr Dre (Say What You Say, Encore, etc are evidence of this).

Stay Wide Awake - Nice beat, crappy delivery . . . with some strange 'n' funny rhyme pattern/intonation in verse 2 . . . I expected more - with all the hype from Sauron . . . disappointing.

3am - Crap . . . just another tale of horror . . .

Beautiful - Eminem decides to sound pretty 'normal' here . . . no thrills or frills . . . good lyrics . . . I don't dig the track but I guess it'll be liked by some as it's a deviation from the recurrent themes on the album.

Bagpipes from Baghdad - One word - Crap (lyrics, delivery and all).

Underground - Now this is the point at which I'll have to agree with Sauron . . . this joint is the best I've heard thus far . . . dope delivery . . . great wordplay . . . Eminem's figurative use of language and symbolic themes here is awesome . . . here's a man talkin' bout how he's been underground (musically speaking) for a while and he paints vivid movie-like pictures to say this . . . great hook too - reminds me of Carl Orff's Carmina Burana/O Fortuna (that wonderful intro song for Ice Cube in the Up In Smoke Tour) . . . though I won't call it the best rap joint in a decade, it's a sure contender for an Eminem Greatest Hits compilation.

Hello - Average . . . however, the flow reaches its best in the 3rd verse . . .

Careful What You Wish For - This is another dope joint . . . reminds me of the dope Eminem that I knew in Love Me (feat Obie Trice & 50 Cent) . . . hook reminds me of "How Come" (with D-12) . . . this joint is the second best IMO - after Underground . . . just that it's too short.

I also listened to: De Ja Vu - crap . . . Same Song and D.a.n.c.e - average . . . My Mom - that pseudo-"What's The Difference" beat makes this song good, plus the song is ok . . . another Eminem Vs. His Mom song - a must on each and every Eminem album . . .

Haven't had the privilege of listening to the rest.

He frequently employs themes from horror flicks on the album (Friday the 13th, Psycho, Silence of the Lambs, etc) . . .

Overall, I have the feeling that Relapse was inspired by SSLP - Eminem tried to bring his Slim Shady persona back on this album . . . it's an average album . . . no where near SSLP (the original/classical fiendish side of Eminem), MMLP (his most serious work till date), and TES (good album, notches below SSLP).

This is no review . . . just my immediate thoughts.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by obinna5000(m): 8:50pm On Jun 04, 2009
Eminem's Relapse is still at the No. 1 position in the United States of America.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Bamsyle(m): 8:54pm On Jun 04, 2009
obinna5000:

Eminem's Relapse is still at the No. 1 position in the United States of America.

I'm tired of hearing statements like this . . .

That an album is number one in Heaven and on Earth means shyte . . . a lot of factors can account for an album's performance.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by obinna5000(m): 8:58pm On Jun 04, 2009
Bamsyle:

a lot of factors can account for an album's performance.

I agree with you there.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by dawhizkid1(m): 9:04pm On Jun 04, 2009
@Bamsyle
Let these Haters knw dat 'Underground' is a Monster. Funny enuf they can't read any meaning of it, show how shallow minded they are.
@A-40
My Pal's Laptops batt is low.i'm using a phone in posting this that's y i didn't post the link i to Shawn Carter(Jigga) co-writting Underground. I hope you see it wit the direction i posted above.
Eminem Relapse>>>>Jigga American Gangster
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Sauron1: 2:25pm On Jun 05, 2009
Bamsyle:

Hehe . . . lotta sparks been flyin' round here with reckless abandon . . .  cheesy
@Sauron
Since you've been championing the cause of the Relapse album with so much fervour . . . I decided to listen to the tracks that you listed as the best on the album . . .

Hehehehe. . . . .I hope you enjoyed listening.

My Darling - Nice joint . . . it's Eminem versus the sinister/diabolic spirit working within him . . . however, it's average when compared with another Eminem song with a similar concept - "Guilty Conscience".

I actually think this joint is better than "Guilty Conscience".
He started a chain-saw here and there's no Slim Shady persona without a chain-saw buzzing. grin grin grin

Old Time's Sake (feat Dr Dre) - Another nice joint . . . Eminem has a natural chemistry with Dr Dre (Say What You Say, Encore, etc are evidence of this).

This joint was cool.
Same ol' same ol'.
Anutha classic Dreminem. grin

Stay Wide Awake - Nice beat, crappy delivery . . . with some strange 'n' funny rhyme pattern/intonation in verse 2 . . . I expected more - with all the hype from Sauron . . . disappointing.

The funny rhyme pattern is the reason why the song is great.
4 Multi-syllabic rhymes in one sentence, the same word count in each sentence, the flow switch-ups, funny accent.
The hook was a killer. . . . Soon as my flow starts, I com[b]pose art[/b] like the ghost of Mozart]
How many multis can Jigga or Nas put in a sentence?? It was the 2nd verse that he blew me apart.
It seems you rushed through this paying attention to the funny accent. . . . .I want you to watch out for the inner rhymes, end rhymes and multis.
This song is lyrically ill. . . . . .Biggie would be proud. grin grin

3am - Crap . . . just another tale of horror . . .

U don't like horror themes?
Hannibal Lector, American Psycho, SAW, etc.
It ain't bad. The song was inspired by "Silence Of The Lambs"

Beautiful - Eminem decides to sound pretty 'normal' here . . . no thrills or frills . . . good lyrics . . . I don't dig the track but I guess it'll be liked by some as it's a deviation from the recurrent themes on the album.

Too basic. . . . very similar to "When I'm Gone"

Bagpipes from Baghdad - One word - Crap (lyrics, delivery and all).

Good beats, Arabian flavour,

Underground - Now this is the point at which I'll have to agree with Sauron . . . this joint is the best I've heard thus far . . . dope delivery . . . great wordplay . . . Eminem's figurative use of language and symbolic themes here is awesome . . . here's a man talkin' bout how he's been underground (musically speaking) for a while and he paints vivid movie-like pictures to say this . . . great hook too - reminds me of Carl Orff's Carmina Burana/O Fortuna (that wonderful intro song for Ice Cube in the Up In Smoke Tour) . . . though I won't call it the best rap joint in a decade, it's a sure contender for an Eminem Greatest Hits compilation.

Tell me any rap song in the last decade that is as complete as "Underground"
Being complete, i mean. . . . .flow, delivery, sick beats, multis, dope rhymes, intensity, anger.
A-40 mentioned Roc-Boys and i laughed till tears streamed down me eyes. . . . . grin grin grin grin grin

In[b]sanity[/b]? Can it be vanity?
Wheres the hu[b]manity[/b] in having a twisted fantasy
With an arm and leg amputee

Straight jacket with a hundred and eight brackets
And a strap that wraps twice around my back then they latch it

Blimey, "Underground" is the work of lyrical ingenuity.
It is not for the Lil-wayniacs and the Kanyeniacs.

Hello - Average . . . however, the flow reaches its best in the 3rd verse . . .

Careful What You Wish For - This is another dope joint . . . reminds me of the dope Eminem that I knew in Love Me (feat Obie Trice & 50 Cent) . . . hook reminds me of "How Come" (with D-12) . . . this joint is the second best IMO - after Underground . . . just that it's too short.

The bonus tracks shoulda replaced "We Made You" and "Crack A Bottle"
Eminem puts dope tracks as bonus tracks these days so his critics can re-rate.
Not too many people knew about "Encore" had bonus tracks. "We As Americans" and "Love U More"
2 outstanding tracks that coulda made "Encore" an undeniable classic.

I also listened to: De Ja Vu - crap . . . Same Song and D.a.n.c.e - average . . . My Mom - that pseudo-"What's The Difference" beat makes this song good, plus the song is ok . . . another Eminem Vs. His Mom song - a must on each and every Eminem album . . .

"My Mom" is dope, good beats and nice rhyme patterns.

Haven't had the privilege of listening to the rest.
He frequently employs themes from horror flicks on the album (Friday the 13th, Psycho, Silence of the Lambs, etc) . . .

That is the point of the album.
Eminem slipping back to Slim Shady with the violence, horror-core and gut-wrenching lyrics.
This is why most of his critics gave him less than 5 stars(not because of the lyrical inputs on the project).

Overall, I have the feeling that Relapse was inspired by SSLP - Eminem tried to bring his Slim Shady persona back on this album . . . it's an average album . . . no where near SSLP (the original/classical fiendish side of Eminem), MMLP (his most serious work till date), and TES (good album, notches below SSLP).

This is no review . . . just my immediate thoughts.

I will put this album just below MMLP.
It is lyrically better than "Encore", "SSLP" and "TES".
His stylez was different here. It's so UNIQUE.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Sauron1: 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2009
A-40:

@Sauron
Oo n be bi awon boys scout that post was not meant for you but anyways

I don't understand zilch from the above comment.

Reggie Miller Lite vapours have made braincell soup in your head! If you cannot tell what Roc Boys was about then you should heed my  previous advice and stick to Juju! Rap is not by force
What could you pick from Real Slim Shady besides the usual celebrity name dropping.That song should only be played in circuses for Stans and clowns like u

I keep telling you to dig your nose out of his TV/radio-friendly beats.
It seems you don't get to listen to songs outside the ones on the airwaves. There are 22 tracks on "Encore" and your judgement is solely based on the 2 tracks he mentioned Kim Kardashian and Nick Carey??
Go out there and rent his album if you can't buy one.

Ok lemme break it down for you Roc Boys was a dopeboy victory speech eulogizing the life of crime

Pink Rose Think O.J
I get away with murder when i sling yay

This is the lamest piece of lyrics involving OJ's name.
Compare that to Eminem's . . . OKAY, I'M READY TO GO PLAY
I GOT THE MACHETE FROM O.J.
I'M READY TO MAKE EVERYONE'S THROATS ACHE

How many multi-syllabic rhymes can you count in there?
Jigga's attempt at rhyming with OJ, Sling Yay and away don't even come near to making perfect rhymes.
I don't know what you listen to in Rap music but it's definitely not the word structuring, the multis and the ingenuity deployed to make words smell together to make a SCENTence.
Jigga is lyrically inept, he doesn't come close to Eminem. . . . .Bleep his Pink Rose. grin

Is that your excuse for its meaninglessness? Ok noted! Punchlines? Didn't see any all i saw where nursery rhymes and below par flow.Someone did us a favor by posting the lyrics.Pac and Biggie must be turning in their graves  at such whackness

Whackness?? They will be turning in their graves cos a Caucasian has stolen the scripts they left for Jay-Z and Nas as a LEGACY.
Eminem is killing the rap industry with dope lyrics and Jigga is talking about Pink Rose?? After his exotic drink, what next?
Bugatti Veyron on "Show Me What U Got"?? Jigga should spare us with talking about the glamour life.

You are an idiot thing! A fellow Stan brought up the issue of Sales like Jigga's albums flop and i tried telling him it was not all about sales my use of Nelly was an exaggeration of my illustration that sales is not always directly proportional to talent but instead you started twitching like an irate primate

Sales or not. . . . . .Eminem has virtually murdered anyone he's duet with.
Maybe he clowns, he is wack and he does name-dropping more than often but each time his talent has been put to a test, he has scaled through it
effortlessly like hot knife on butter.

Renegade(he killed Jigga)
Dead Wrong(he killed Biggie)
We Ain't(he bludgeoned The Game to death)

The Game couldn't hide his feelings. . . .

Yo get Dre on the phone quick
Tell him Em just killed me on my own shit
I'm walking through 8 mile, startin' to get home sick
I'ma do Shady numbers, I'm ridin' my own d'ick

Whether EM has been killed on songs or not is a matter of opinion i have heard songs where he's dropped the weakest flow

Tell me one song featuring Eminem where he has dropped the weakest flow?
While you might see him with the Triumph the comic dog dissing Janet Jackson and Jessica Simpson, he doesn't kid with his lyrics when pit together with a dope rapper.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by obinna5000(m): 3:04pm On Jun 05, 2009
@~Sauron~
Omo! We should form Eminem Fan Club in this Music section.

Renegade(he killed Jigga)
Em murdered Jigga on his own track like a serial killer.

If BIG were still alive, Em wouldn't stand a chance.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Sauron1: 3:18pm On Jun 05, 2009
obinna5000:

@~Sauron~
Omo! We should form Eminem Fan Club in this Music section.Em murdered Jigga on his own track like a serial killer.

Jigga and his nursery rhymes don't stand a chance.
Let him stick to his glamour life, Oswald Boateng suits, Rolex watches, Ferragamo shoes and Bubbly.

If BIG were still alive, Em wouldn't stand a chance.

I agree 300%. grin
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Bamsyle(m): 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2009
~Sauron~:

I actually think this joint is better than "Guilty Conscience".
He started a chain-saw here and there's no Slim Shady persona without a chain-saw buzzing. grin grin grin

No way.

Maybe it's the chemistry between Em and Dre . . . they both flow like the Nile intertwined with the Niger . . . the synergy between both in "Guilty Conscience" is unbeatable . . . what's more?? . . . the beat is awesome . . . the lyrics/rhymes are amazing . . . the concept is friggin' fascinating . . . the tempo/tension in the song is to-die-for (the way the chorus and rap verses move with the narration is remarkable) . . . the theme is impressive (the constant battle between peops and their conscience) . . . the climax is astounding . . . My Darling doesn't come within 500,000 miles of Guilty Conscience . . .

Like I said before - it's prolly the bond Em has with Dre . . . don't forget that Dre discovered and mentored him . . . Em without Dre is like a traveller without a map . . .  grin grin grin

The funny rhyme pattern is the reason why the song is great.
4 Multi-syllabic rhymes in one sentence, the same word count in each sentence, the flow switch-ups, funny accent.
The hook was a killer. . . . Soon as my flow starts, I compose art like the ghost of Mozart]
It was the 2nd verse that he blew me apart.
It seems you rushed through this paying attention to the funny accent. . . . .I want you to watch out for the inner rhymes, end rhymes and multis.
This song is lyrically ill. . . . . .Biggie would be proud.

The funny rhyme pattern does nutin to the song . . .

The multi-syllabic rhymes were ok . . . but the same count in each sentence was very boring - he ended up wasting a nice beat, drawing his words to make the same count for each line . . . that ain't good enough when talkin' bout a good rap song . . . one of the essential elements of flow is how you ride the beat . . . you oughtta ride it in multiferous, unpredictable swings . . . Heavens, by the time you're through, the beat shoulda feel like a woman who just got gang-raped . . .  grin grin grin

How many multis can Jigga or Nas put in a sentence??

You keep clowning with this Jigga/Nas ish . . . y'know'what?? I got only one comment on this - I'll wait till Eminem tells a story from the end before I consider comparing him to Nas . . .  grin grin

U don't like horror themes?
Hannibal Lector, American Psycho, SAW, etc.
It ain't bad. The song was inspired by "Silence Of The Lambs"

I can bet I love horror movies/themes more than you do.

The slasher series, the zombie ones, the haunted-house sturvs, name it . . . it's a habit that has stuck since I was about 8 years . . .  grin grin

What I meant by 3am being crap is that it's just too watery - flow, lyrics, etc . . . plus, unlike Underground where he employed symbolism,  Em was just rambling in 3am and making no iota of sense.

Tell me any rap song in the last decade that is as complete as "Underground"
Being complete, i mean. . . . .flow, delivery, sick beats, multis, dope rhymes, intensity, anger.

Don't push this too far . . .

One Mic encapsulates everything you listed there and even more . . . its theme/concept is awesome . . . the rhyme cadence unbeatable . . . the tempo/flow change is amazing . . . and I could go on . . .

Maybe I should ask - what's a decade?? Need I remind you that it's ten years?? When was One Mic released??

2002 . . . that's a rap song the Hip Hop Community's yet to get over . . . a song that elevated the Hip Hop Game before our very eyes . . . an incredible joint . . . lyrically detailed . . . soul-stirring . . . one rap song too many . . . it sh*ts on the best of the best joints from Eminem's stables . . . add "Made You Look" to that and Eminem's credo goes further downhill . . .  grin grin

Don't even compare Nas' mediocre efforts with Eminem's best . . . you can compare "Underground" with Outkast's "Ms Jackson" . . .  grin grin

The bonus tracks shoulda replaced "We Made You" and "Crack A Bottle"

Agreed.

Not too many people knew about "Encore" had bonus tracks. "We As Americans" and "Love U More"
2 outstanding tracks that coulda made "Encore" an undeniable classic.

Encore was a show of shame . . . period . . . no ifs, buts and maybes.

"My Mom" is dope, good beats and nice rhyme patterns.

The beat is the most significant ingredient . . . flow/rhyme patterns are just ok.

I will put this album just below MMLP.
It is lyrically better than "Encore", "SSLP" and "TES".
His stylez was different here. It's so UNIQUE.

MMLP??  shocked shocked shocked . . . must be an album called Mother Mary's Lil' Pony . . .  grin grin

If it's Eminem's MMLP . . . the distance between it and Relapse is as vast as that between Heaven and Earth . . .

Of course it sh*ts on Encore (I always wish I could remove that album from Eminem's catalogue) . . . SSLP?? you've gotta be dreaming . . . it doesn't even come close to TES.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Bamsyle(m): 7:35pm On Jun 05, 2009
Though not directed at me, I had to respond to this:

You're dead wrong . . .

You're a fan of comedy no doubt . . . you disrespect Biggie with that ish dawg . . . go listen to that track again and tell me what Em sounds like beside Biggie . . . dude was just clowning as usual . . . BIG ain't got no time for clowning . . . back in his days he only did collabos with serious fellas like Meth, Nas, Jigga . . . when he appeared on Craig Mack's "Flava In Ya Ear", even serious MCs like LL Cool J, Busta and Mack himself were taken to da cleaners - they were shown what time it is . . .

Biggie?? maybe you missed the many witty lines in that track such as this:

Jacked her then I asked her who's the man, she said "B-I-G"
Then I bust in her E-Y-E
. . .  grin grin grin

Em was just talkin' devil worship, cannibalism and ish . . . he tried though - he spun that verse during his hungry days - the underground era of his life before he met Dre, when he was still globe-trotting to battle MCs . . . and then the SSLP plus MMLP era . . .

Nowadays, he keeps obeying the Law of Diminishing Returns.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Sauron1: 9:01pm On Jun 05, 2009
Bamsyle:

You keep clowning with this Jigga/Nas ish . . . y'know'what?? I got only one comment on this - I'll wait till Eminem tells a story from the end before I consider comparing him to Nas . . .  grin grin

I thunk STAN was a story, no??

What about "Brain Damage"(SSLP) which was inspired from the beatings D'Angelo Bailey dished to Eminem in school?
That was one of the best art of story-telling on a rap song.
D'Angelo later sued Eminem for defamation but a district Judge dismissed the case.

Bamsyle:

Though not directed at me, I had to respond to this:
You're dead wrong . . .

I will look for the re-mix on the net for you.
The version where it was only Eminem riding to the same beats.
White Boy killed it with OMG lyrics as usual. . . . . .Biggie woulda been proud.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by A40(m): 10:27pm On Jun 05, 2009
@Sauron
Are you sure you are Yoruba?Anyways its a slang chastizing you for being too forward was trying to tell you my initial post was not even meant for you

I listen to his non-radio friendly tunes as well abeg so stop telling me what i know! I have heard better from EM punchlines,wordplay,subject matter et al
MMLP
TES
SSLP
RELAPSE
ENCORE
Eminem's best albums in descending order IMO

And this is why Eminem is average or even mediocre when it comes to punchlines he'd rather use 1000 words when 2 words would have sufficed
Multi-syllabic rhymes? Save us the narrative this ain't oral english class.Ironically Jigga's line made more sense even though he used less words.EM should drop the use of his forced multis they dumb down his flow and delivery
Bobo there is more to rap than multis because it seems thats all that matters to you

And EM should also spare us his celeb name dropping and mom dissing.You listen to too many radio friendly Jigga songs yourself you seem to forget he is into Mafioso rap show me one rapper into that genre that does not rap about the glamor life and i would teach you how to pound yam with a syringe.Even Pac complained about BIG's style which is similar to HOV'S

Xzibit dropped a better verse on Whats The Difference
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Sauron1: 10:32pm On Jun 05, 2009
A-40:

"What's The Difference"??
I have now lost all appetite to continue with this debate.
You are seriously taking the piss now.

I ma let Ibime, Bamsyle and Eldee judge who had the dopest delivery on "What's The Difference".
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by osasp(m): 10:41pm On Jun 05, 2009
Quote from: A-40 on Today at 10:27:41 PM

@ a40 - wtf r u serious?
em wasted every1 on that track
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by A40(m): 10:48pm On Jun 05, 2009
I don't expect y'all Stans to say anything different after all EM is the best thing since the invention of the Internet
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Sauron1: 10:56pm On Jun 05, 2009
A-40:

I don't expect y'all Stans to say anything different after all EM is the best thing since the invention of the Internet

That is why i said i won't say a word on the issue.
Let the neutrals judge who was better. . . . . . .

ON "Whats The Difference". . . . . .Eminem murdered everyone on it.
On X-Zibit's album(Restless). . . .Eminem cremated him again on "Don't Approach Me".
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by osasp(m): 11:09pm On Jun 05, 2009
A-40:

lol
c'mon u know xzibit just chats gibberish
nd u want 2 compare him 2 em?
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by A40(m): 11:43pm On Jun 05, 2009
@osasp
Gibberish?? Go and listen to that song again and tell me who spat gibberish between both of EM the fact that EM sounds louder than a motorbike half the time doesn't always automatically make his verses better

@Sauron
Thats the point its all about opinion any of the three cats you mentioned might agree with me or disagree it doesn't make them right and doesn't make me wrong
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by kaypumpin2(m): 11:47pm On Jun 05, 2009
A-40:

shocked shocked shocked

Sacrilegious!

Ceedric the Entertainer stands a better chance of showing up with six packs this summer than Xzibit killing Em on any track made(what's the difference,B^&%tch please II) or to be made.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Sauron1: 11:52pm On Jun 05, 2009
A-40:

@Sauron
Thats the point its all about opinion any of the three cats you mentioned might agree with me or disagree it doesn't make them right and doesn't make me wrong

Some things are too obvious to be all about opinion.
Saying X-Zibit killed Eminem on "Whats The Difference" is like saying VW Beetle 1971 is more expensive than an Escalade Maybach.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by rapjunkie(m): 12:34am On Jun 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

That is why i said i won't say a word on the issue.
Let the neutrals judge who was better. . . . . . .

ON "Whats The Difference". . . . . .Eminem murdered everyone on it.
On X-Zibit's album(Restless). . . .Eminem cremated him again on "Don't Approach Me".

I must admit, EM was just tooooo good on 'don't approach me' He absolutely murdered xhibit on that track. One of my alltime fav rap tracks. The beat, concept. rhymes. . . . . . brilliant!!
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by dawhizkid1(m): 5:59am On Jun 06, 2009
Haba!!! You dare Compare Eminem with Xzibit? Eminem>>1000>>Xzibit.

You Either loved it or hate it,
Every CD Critic gave it a 3,and 3 yrs later they go back and re-rate it,
And they call SlimShadyLP the Greatest,
Marshal Mathers a Classic and Eminem Show 'Fantastic',
But Encore just Didn't have the Calibre to Match it,
I guess enuf time ain't passed yet,
Couple more Years that sh*t would be ILLMATIC.
-Eminem - Careful what you wish for.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Sauron1: 12:36pm On Jun 06, 2009
Bamsyle:

The funny rhyme pattern does nutin to the song . . .

The multi-syllabic rhymes were ok . . . but the same count in each sentence was very boring - he ended up wasting a nice beat, drawing his words to make the same count for each line . . . that ain't good enough when talkin' bout a good rap song . . . one of the essential elements of flow is how you ride the beat . . . you oughtta ride it in multiferous, unpredictable swings . . . Heavens, by the time you're through, the beat shoulda feel like a woman who just got gang-raped . . .  grin grin grin

Are you sure you listened to "Stay Wide Awake" with an open mind?
The theme of this song is violent and too disturbing.
Rape victims would be upset and this is why the song many not score at all with the critics but the story-telling was amazing.
How he smelt the scent of a placenta when he walked into the park and found BRENDA!!!

Verse 1.

Fe Fi Fo Fum
I think I smell the scent of a placenta
I enter central park, it's dark, it's winter in December
I see my target with my car, and park and approach her tender
Young girl by the name of Brenda and I pretend to befriend her

Verse 2

Who's waking me so violently, and why's he on top of me?
He's raping me, she tries to scream, somebody please get him off me
He's taping me, he's biting me, he's laughing like it's funny
She's scraping me, she's fighting me, she's scratching like some dumb freak
Escaping me, no die she see, I might just be Ted Bundy  grin grin grin grin grin
Or Satan gee, what a sight to see, I'm dancing in my red panties

Bamsyle, horror movies don't get gorier than this.
Eminem is a story teller, whether he makes em over-disturbing is another issue cos i am sure rape victims would be suing after reading this.
He also mentioned how gun powder takes the fun outta murder that he would just start his chain saw and go vin vin.

I can bet I love horror movies/themes more than you do.
The slasher series, the zombie ones, the haunted-house sturvs, name it . . . it's a habit that has stuck since I was about 8 years . . .  grin grin

I saw "I Spit On Your Grave" when i was about 5 yrs old. . . . .Ever since then, i have been hooked.
The most disturbing horror movies in the 80s/early 90s. . . . .I saw all of em before i clocked TEN.
So i find songs like "Stay Wide Awake" amusing with names like Ted Bundy, Jason, Son Of Sam, Damien and Jawa from Star Wars mentioned.
Listen to this song again and follow the rape scene, how he disliked using his gun and preferred his axe like a Lumberjack.
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Bamsyle(m): 7:49pm On Jun 07, 2009
@A-40

No way Xzibit could have dropped a better verse on "What's The Difference" . . . Xzibit's delivery/flow was good but Em's concept & lyrics were way better - he whupped the beat whilst engaging Dre in a beautiful conversation . . . Xzibit's like Ludacris - he just has a way of ridin' beats well . . . he ain't in Em's league in terms of lyrics.

~Sauron~:

Are you sure you listened to "Stay Wide Awake" with an open mind?
The theme of this song is violent and too disturbing.
Eminem is a story teller, whether he makes em over-disturbing is another issue cos i am sure rape victims would be suing after reading this.
He also mentioned how gun powder takes the fun outta murder that he would just start his chain saw and go vin vin.
. . . So i find songs like "Stay Wide Awake" amusing with names like Ted Bundy, Jason, Son Of Sam, Damien and Jawa from Star Wars mentioned.
Listen to this song again and follow the rape scene, how he disliked using his gun and preferred his axe like a Lumberjack.

That the song is disturbing or violent does not move a hair on me body . . . I can cope with such . . . I love horror movies to pieces . . . especially the ones with plenty of gore and an impressive plot . . . hehe, you make me remember when I used to sneak outta bed with ma younger bro to watch horror movies late in the night . . . we used ta evolve tricks to evade my mom's watchful eye/instruction on bed-time . . .

But this song was a sheer waste of a good beat . . . Eminem rides beats better than that . . . that aside, Em's focus is becoming questionable - just like he did in 3am, Same Song and Dance, Insane, etc, he just kept babbling horror themes that contained no iota of sense . . . that's the only thing that makes Underground distinct - he used symbolism to narrate his absence from the music scene for a while . . . plus the delivery/flow was amazingly dope . . . Underground reminds me of when Em started out - hungry and determined to battle his way to the top, against all odds . . . that track, coupled with Careful What You Wish For, are the only joints that remind me of the original Slim Shady (wits, wordplay, mad delivery).

What the heck's wrong with him now??
Re: Between Alan Shearer and Eminem by Sauron1: 10:08pm On Jun 07, 2009
Bamsyle:

What the heck's wrong with him now??

Watch out for Relapse 2!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Miguel Is Under Rated / DOWNLOAD: Zakes Bantwini – Bang Bang Bang / Timaya Cutlass Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.