Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

The Job Interview - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Job Interview (741 Views)

Should He Miss His Dream Job Interview because Of Ipob's Sit_@home Instruction? / My Experience In The Job Hunting World! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Job Interview by martin92(m): 10:07pm On Nov 12, 2015
THE JOB INTERVIEW

It was a cold morning, i woke up from sleep feeling the bite of the cold, said the shortest of prayers, took a hot bath and brushed my teeth with such a high intensity that i never knew existed in me. I quickly rushed my breakfast of soaked garri with salt (wetin man go do nah, poverty nah bastard) and put on my black suit that has stood the test of time with my trekker’s sandals. I needed to reach my destination by 9 am, so I dashed out of the house by 7 am and set out on a two hour long journey with my Leggedz Benz(money no dey for transport). I was inspired by the fact that if my fellow human being can trek from the south to the north for President Buhari then a two hour trekking should be a piece of cake. Thanks to my ever reliable trekker’s sandals, I was able to reach my destination on time.

I quickly removed my sandals and put on my shoes. On entering the company, I was so shocked at the multitude of people I saw vying for the same job position with me that I was almost discouraged. We were given numbers for the interview, mine was No.127. I was still wondering how the interviewers will be able to screen all of us when we were all told to go in a hall and wait. 30 minutes passed and not even one job applicant was called for an interview yet. In the course of waiting, some of the applicants lost their patience and started complaining among themselves and even cursed the company, some were just isolated on their own not wanting to talk with anybody. I got bored and decided to start a meaningful conversation with some of the guys and ladies around me. In the course of the conversation we argued with each other and shared our opinion on a subject matter relating to the job at hand.

One hour later, a lady opened the hall and told us that the first stage of the test was over. We gave her the look of someone that is crazy. She smiled, introduced herself properly and explained to us that there were hidden cameras all over the hall. OMG! They have been watching us the whole time. She then told us that the criteria to pass the first stage was possessing the qualities of patience, tolerance, teamwork and good communication skills. There was a large murmur in the crowd coming especially from people who had complained or insulted the company and those who isolated themselves. Only 15 applicants out of the multitude were able to scale the first stage and Yours truly was among the lucky ones.
SOURCE: www.martinezefra..com
Re: The Job Interview by martin92(m): 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
you can finish the story by visiting www.martinezefra..com
Re: The Job Interview by martin92(m): 7:40pm On Nov 16, 2015
More interesting stories coming up very soon on my blog. stay tuned

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: Escaping Impossible Bosé / Must Read:squatting SAM II / Ooh... My Cousin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.