Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

How Should A True Gentleman Behave? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Should A True Gentleman Behave? (3903 Views)

Please Help, I Am A Man But, I Behave Feminine! / Only A True Gentleman Will Know What's Wrong With This Picture / How Women Behave In Pictures Before, During And After Their Menstrual Cycle. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by MadCow1: 12:12pm On Nov 13, 2015
Like a Mad Man.
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by MadCow1: 12:12pm On Nov 13, 2015
bronzegoddess:
Ayam yet to meet a nigerian gentleman. Is like they are scarce

That's because Gentlemen only associate with Ladies not Biitches..

4 Likes

Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 13, 2015
The only gentlemen in naija are the husbands of a certain group of individuals grin grin grin

And their fathers, even though they made slaves of their moms cry cry cry
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by freecocoa(f): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
Well,I happen to know a few gentlemen but.....

Gentleman sha few for naija,
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by lilmax(m): 12:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
njokusboy:
The only gentlemen in naija are the husbands of a certain group of individuals grin grin grin

And their fathers, even though they made slaves of their moms cry cry cry
certain group of individuals grincheesy
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by 5minsmadness: 12:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
PresVA:
A gentleman should be a loving husband and a caring dad! kiss kiss

So single men can't be gentlemen?
See where your priorities lie.
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by thelish(f): 12:50pm On Nov 13, 2015
Cutehector:
so ur broda aint a gentle man? Ur dad aint a gentleman?

Its a pity we don't look within..

so becos they are his/her relatives, they must be gentlemen?

1 Like

Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by PresVA: 12:53pm On Nov 13, 2015
5minsmadness:

So single men can't be gentlemen?
See where your priorities lie.
where else should my priority lie as a married woman? undecided
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by cococandy(f): 4:40pm On Nov 13, 2015
So a gentleman is different from a gentle dude ? grin
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by thorpido(m): 5:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
cococandy:
So a gentleman is different from a gentle dude ? grin
grin It's one thing to be a man,it's another thing to be a dude.
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by cococandy(f): 6:15pm On Nov 13, 2015
thorpido:
grin It's one thing to be a man,it's another thing to be a dude.
grin
I see
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by edwife(f): 6:28pm On Nov 13, 2015
freecocoa:
Well,I happen to know a few gentlemen but.....
Gentleman sha few for naija,

Hmmm tell me more cheesy

I think it's all about the people you associate yourself with really,i choose men i interact with.
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by freecocoa(f): 6:37pm On Nov 13, 2015
edwife:

Hmmm tell me more cheesy

I think it's all about the people you associate yourself with really,i choose men i interact with.
That's a part of it of course but then we have a culture as Nigerians that don't really buy into the typical gentlemanly behaviour. cheesy
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by edwife(f): 6:41pm On Nov 13, 2015
freecocoa:
That's a part of it of course but then we have a culture as Nigerians that don't really buy into the typical gentlemanly behaviour. cheesy

Lol I guess you right,only that I haven't experience much of it. cheesy
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by freecocoa(f): 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2015
edwife:

Lol I guess you right,only that I haven't experience much of it. cheesy
Me too but from my own little experience, that of others and generally observing things, I'm able to tell.

There's just that thing about many naija guys that make you wish they were more refined. undecided
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by McTobe(m): 8:16pm On Nov 13, 2015
bronzegoddess:
Ayam yet to meet a nigerian gentleman. Is like they are scarce
my dear I have met and is still meeting some perfect gentlemen in my association. However, I will not fail to mention that they are more in the older generation than in our own generation, I have more elderly friends though. Another side of it is that if u carry nobility within you u can't help but attract noble characters as the saying goes likes attract unlike repel. Try this experiment: if u long to treat people more courtesy and treat people in as noble a manner to the best of your ability you will not fail to meet true gentleman.

1 Like

Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by McTobe(m): 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2015
crackhaus:
Hehehehehe. .

The moment I log into Nairaland to post a comment, I purge myself totally of any gentlemanly traits if ever there was...on purpose! grin

Can't be all civil and proper in the real world and still come into the anonymity of the internet and still act same...where's the fun in that yo! gringrin
then u are not a gentleman because gentlemanliness is an innate quality that one develop whether somebody is looking at u or not. eg a gentleman cannot divulge privileged information about another man's family or discuss it without the man's authorization. another example a gentleman can never drink milk from the milk tin even if he is alone, he empties it into a cup or a drinking glass.

2 Likes

Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by crackhaus: 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
McTobe:
then u are not a gentleman because gentlemanliness is an innate quality that one develop whether somebody is looking at u or not. eg a gentleman cannot divulge privileged information about another man's family or discuss it without the man's authorization. another example a gentleman can never drink milk from the milk tin even if he is alone, he empties it into a cup or a drinking glass.
See ooo...
Wha' da fecking feck are you yapping? cheesycheesy

Mumu!

McTobe:
my dear I have met and is still meeting some perfect gentlemen in my association. However, I will not fail to mention that they are more in the older generation than in our own generation, I have more elderly friends though. Another side of it is that if u carry nobility within you u can't help but attract noble characters as the saying goes likes attract unlike repel. Try this experiment: if u long to treat people more courtesy and treat people in as noble a manner to the best of your ability you will not fail to meet true gentleman.
You see your life?

You just jump in and want to lecture ya granddaddy on the characteristics of a gentleman when you don't even know that it's unlike poles that attract each other, while like poles repel.

Mumu!
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by McTobe(m): 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
crackhaus:

See ooo...
Wha' da fecking feck are you yapping? cheesycheesy

Mumu!

You see your life?

You just jump in and want to lecture ya granddaddy on the characteristics of a gentleman when you don't even know that it's unlike poles that attract each other, while like poles repel.

Mumu!
Am quoting u to let u know that I have seen your response and by your choice of words I will not join any issue with u as far as u choose those unruly words. I have never and will not bring myself on nairaland to indulge in profanity over civil culture. that u choose to use those harsh words is solely your choice I am unaffected.

3 Likes

Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by crackhaus: 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2015
McTobe:
Am quoting u to let u know that I have seen your response and by your choice of words I will not join any issue with u as far as u choose those unruly words. I have never and will not bring myself on nairaland to indulge in profanity over civil culture. that u choose to use those harsh words is solely your choice I am unaffected.
You still a mumu...a certified one.

What is this horsesh1t, and what has it got to do with anything... cheesy
eg a gentleman cannot divulge privileged information about another man's family or discuss it without the man's authorization. another example a gentleman can never drink milk from the milk tin even if he is alone, he empties it into a cup or a drinking glass.
I need to know what you smoked to come up with dust like this.

Not to mention this:
as the saying goes likes attract unlike repel.
gringrin

And he's still claiming moral highground, Lmao... grin
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
crackhaus:

You still a mumu...a certified one.

What is this horsesh1t, and what has it got to do with anything... cheesy

I need to know what you smoked to come up with dust like this.

Not to mention this:

gringrin

And he's still claiming moral highground, Lmao... grin

Ogbeni, why evils?
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by crackhaus: 10:13pm On Nov 13, 2015
njokusboy:

Ogbeni, why evils?
I am usually a nice guy, even though I have some cruel moments...
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 13, 2015
crackhaus:

I am usually a nice guy, even though I have some cruel moments...

Lol, how apt...
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by Stillfire: 10:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
freecocoa:
Me too but from my own little experience, that of others and generally observing things, I'm able to tell.

There's just that thing about many naija guys that make you wish they were more refined. undecided

Lmao!
What we usually stereotype as nigerian male traits are usually southern nigerian traits. Now if not for the terroristic tendencies of the Northerners the emotional energy the put towards religion, they would come up tops as the most refined men in Nigeria.
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by JudgementHammer: 11:20pm On Nov 13, 2015
Well said op. But know that the world's standard of who a gentle man is 2day is not what it was 10yrs ago and would not be same in the next ten years. Only the creator of manhood has d correct standard and believe me God's standard for who a man should be is not exactly what the earth knows..the more of God u know, the more u'll understand. I've read lots of these on the net..different ppl writing up their different ideas based on their experience for who a man should be..they could be funny atimes.

1 Like

Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by Truckpusher(m): 3:18pm On Nov 14, 2015
Nigerian girls will definitely consider you a wuss for being gentle man.

There is no yardstick in measuring the gentleness of any man , every man should be able rise up and act according to the occassion.
Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
kilode100:

I know say I fat, but as gentlemen, una no suppose to use am insult me.
I be human beans too.

Na Agberos full here
I find your posts funny, Kilode100. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Should A True Gentleman Behave? by kilode100(f): 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
crackhaus:

Mtcheeeeeeew

cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Brother Ruined Himself Because Of His Girlfriend. / When Your Wife Think Her Pastor Is A God / Why Do Most Women Maltreat Their Househelps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.