Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,405 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

CRUDCAST: Two Nigerian Programmers Chat About Technology - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / CRUDCAST: Two Nigerian Programmers Chat About Technology (2458 Views)

A Call To Nigerian Programmers / Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. / Why Are Most Nigerian Programmers Interested In Web Development? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CRUDCAST: Two Nigerian Programmers Chat About Technology by Metalzoa: 2:18am On Nov 13, 2015
My friend Ezra and I are programmers. We normally chat about things we're building, what's going on in tech news and business in general.

One day, we decided to start recording them ... hopefully other people might like to hear the conversations. So far we've recorded six episodes (one a week) and we've been getting positive feedback in general.

We've been thinking of bringing it to a wider audience like Nairaland, where we can connect with more tech lovers and programmers like ourselves. Hope you like it!

ALL THE EPISODES: https://soundcloud.com/crudcast/

HIGHLIGHTS

Episode 0: https://soundcloud.com/crudcast/episode-0

Our very first episode! We got tickets to AfricaBeta, where tech start-ups across the continent come to showcase what they have been building. We go over the list of companies and share our thoughts on each of them.

Episode 2: https://soundcloud.com/crudcast/episode-2

This is currently our most popular episode. We have our first guest on the show: Lanre, CEO of www.deliveryscience.co. We talked about what Delivery Science is about, how Lanre got into programming in the first place, how he would really like to see investment industry revolutionized by technology, Nigerian start-ups understanding the importance of soaking garri, blocking and tackling and many more interesting concepts.

Episode 5: https://soundcloud.com/crudcast/episode-5

The most recent episode. We had 4 guests on the show. Each of these ladies really smart, doing awesome things in their own regard. We discussed how a gmail account could be a technical barrier to adopting a product, building focused products with no need for plugins, the power of Instagram and image curation as a way to reach your audience.
Re: CRUDCAST: Two Nigerian Programmers Chat About Technology by Metalzoa: 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
Just posted Episose 6 smiley

Ezra's back.

He explains why he couldn't make it to last week's recording: his first trip to California!

He talks about his newest start-up, www.paystack.co, which helps Nigerian companies do recurring payments. Think www.stripe.com, but for Nigeria.

Though he won't talk about the machine learning employed to do fraud detection, he talks about early customers and strategies they're using to filter out the right first customers and how to build paystack.

He also shares his experience at a computing museum, seeing a driver-less car and a sight that moved him to tears.

Episode 6: https://soundcloud.com/crudcast/episode-6
Re: CRUDCAST: Two Nigerian Programmers Chat About Technology by Metalzoa: 5:50am On Nov 28, 2015
Ezra's still in America but we focus on what's going on in our local ecosystem this week.

I gatecrashed the first day of Startup Weekend Lagos and had a really interesting time. The keynote speakers were fantastic, bringing a (much-needed, in my opinion) perspective on the start-up mania in Nigeria.

We grapple with their opening question "what is the difference between a start-up and a business" which leads to some (maybe too much?) revelation on a start-up I'm very interested in.

Also in this episode: strange food confessions!
One of us thinks fear makes meat taste better and the other is down to try dog meat.

Find out what we think about start-ups, business and meat in this week's episode of CRUDCAST.

Episode 7: https://soundcloud.com/crudcast/episode-7
Re: CRUDCAST: Two Nigerian Programmers Chat About Technology by shadowbox: 11:56am On Nov 28, 2015
@Metalzoa
Nice job with the podcast.

Keep up the good work.
Looking forward to future episodes.

1 Like

Re: CRUDCAST: Two Nigerian Programmers Chat About Technology by Metalzoa: 2:13pm On Nov 28, 2015
shadowbox:
@Metalzoa
Nice job with the podcast.

Keep up the good work.
Looking forward to future episodes.

Thanks smiley

If you like I can tag you in the message when a new episode drops ...
Re: CRUDCAST: Two Nigerian Programmers Chat About Technology by shadowbox: 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
Metalzoa:

Thanks smiley

If you like I can tag you in the message when a new episode drops ...

Thanks, but no need to tag me. I get updates about new episodes via Radar.
This was the available medium through which I could appreciate you and Ezra effort.
I don't have a Radar account (still don't need one yet), otherwise I would have made a
comment/like about CRUDCAST over there. I don't post regularly on forums (even on nairaland).

It's nice that you are spreading the love to the nairaland community. grin

More power to your elbow. smiley
Re: CRUDCAST: Two Nigerian Programmers Chat About Technology by shadowbox: 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2015
I do not know if this would help, but I'm tagging/cc the programming section moderators to see if they can push this thread to front page of nairaland for better exposure.

cc: kodewrita
cc: lordZOUGA
cc: Javanian
Re: CRUDCAST: Two Nigerian Programmers Chat About Technology by Metalzoa: 11:57am On Nov 29, 2015
shadowbox:
I do not know if this would help, but I'm tagging/cc the programming section moderators to see if they can push this thread to front page of nairaland for better exposure.

cc: kodewrita
cc: lordZOUGA
cc: Javanian

Very much appreciate the help. as much as I'd appreciate moderator help, I'm looking to connect with the audience who might be interested in what we do.

Publishing the episode's one thing, but getting to know those who listen, what they do and how we can all help each other out is far more valuable in the long run.

In order of importance to me: community > fans > listeners
Re: CRUDCAST: Two Nigerian Programmers Chat About Technology by Metalzoa: 6:48am On Jan 04, 2016
Wow I haven't updated this in a while.

In our latest episode, we decided to play "kiss f**k marry kill", where we decide which we'd do given a list of things from our past and present.

Unsurprisingly, Ezra would marry Paystack, I'd Bleep JavaScript and our guest Tolu Agunbiade would marry Abuja.

More controversially, Ezra wants to kill Delivery Science, I want to marry PHP and Tolu wants to kill Lagos.

We talk about our plans for 2016, Tolu living in Chile, her company Skrife and why it's unlikely there'll be a QR Code component to Paystack in the near future.

https://soundcloud.com/crudcast/episode-10-holiday-special
Re: CRUDCAST: Two Nigerian Programmers Chat About Technology by Justiceotuya(m): 3:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
Metalzoa:
Wow I haven't updated this in a while.

In our latest episode, we decided to play "kiss f**k marry kill", where we decide which we'd do given a list of things from our past and present.

Unsurprisingly, Ezra would marry Paystack, I'd Bleep JavaScript and our guest Tolu Agunbiade would marry Abuja.

More controversially, Ezra wants to kill Delivery Science, I want to marry PHP and Tolu wants to kill Lagos.

We talk about our plans for 2016, Tolu living in Chile, her company Skrife and why it's unlikely there'll be a QR Code component to Paystack in the near future.

https://soundcloud.com/crudcast/episode-10-holiday-special

Wow i cant wait... I first listened to episode 11 about how men ir boys in radr fumbled over a new girl on radr and it was hilarious. So i have gone on to download all 14 episodes. Just listened to episode 0 and currently listening to 1. I would be happy to get notified if futher episodes are uploaded. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

What's Crunchbase.com About? / DIY: Hardware Hacking With Arduino Boards / Please Which Career In Tech Can I Master In 1 Year For A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.