Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

DIY: Hardware Hacking With Arduino Boards - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / DIY: Hardware Hacking With Arduino Boards (2454 Views)

Poll: Have you used Microcontrollers or processors in your projects before?

Never: 0% (0 votes)
Last three months: 0% (0 votes)
Last one year: 0% (0 votes)
May use one in the future: 0% (0 votes)
Don't know what Microcontrollers are: 100% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Arduino,raspberry Pi,sensors Etc / Arduino Programming Boards, Shields, And Sensors Purchases / Free Arduino Tutorials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DIY: Hardware Hacking With Arduino Boards by plote: 10:57am On May 08, 2012
While learning Clojure some years ago I stumbled upon a project that used Clojure and Arduino. Immediately, I wanted to try it out, I searched for where to get a board within my city(Port-Harcourt) or my country. I was disappointed , there was not a single distributor within the whole West Africa. It occurred to me that I may not be the only one facing this challenge and for my subcontinent to reduce poverty, we need to be part of Arduino world. How would they hack if there is no prototype board to play with? Who would supply boards when there is no distributor? These were the questions that came to my mind. Thereafter, I seized this wonderful opportunity and approached Arduino manufacturing team for distributorship. I was surprised that my application was approved. They even encouraged me to have online presence which they would link to.

http://arduino.cc/blog/2012/05/07/arduino-around-the-world-africa/

The above is from me, I am into Arduino boards distribution. I would like to hear from you, how we can move up together? We need to get our people into hardware and software hacking. I feel honored to be here, nairaland.com. This is my first post, I hope to pitch my net here.

Plote
Re: DIY: Hardware Hacking With Arduino Boards by xterra2(m): 11:07pm On May 08, 2012
oh my gee
i have been looking for this and i didnt get it
this together with .net gadgetier (oh how the hell its spelt)
please where can i get it and how much
i stay in abuja
oh my prayer was just answered
woooohoooo
Re: DIY: Hardware Hacking With Arduino Boards by Beaf: 12:46am On May 09, 2012
^
They have a list of sellers on the Arduino website. I used it some years ago and got a board.
Re: DIY: Hardware Hacking With Arduino Boards by plote: 8:01am On May 09, 2012
@xterra2,

Please visit www.satajanus.com. Well, we ship to Abuja. While on that site indicate what you want, we will immediately reach you.

Regards Plote
Re: DIY: Hardware Hacking With Arduino Boards by plote: 8:06am On May 09, 2012
@Beaf,

Sure, they have a great list of distributors. However, West Africa was missing until recently. And not everyone has the means to source mere components from Europe and the US. We need to have something close to our doors, and we also need to build community of hackers.
That is what we are out there to achieve.

Regards, Plote
Re: DIY: Hardware Hacking With Arduino Boards by Beaf: 11:04pm On May 09, 2012
plote: @xterra2,

Please visit www.satajanus.com.ng. Well, we ship to Abuja. While on that site indicate what you want, we will immediately reach you.

Regards Plote

Very nice!

You need to create a thread for exciting Arduino tutorials here to attract coders.
Re: DIY: Hardware Hacking With Arduino Boards by plote: 8:22am On May 10, 2012
Beaf,

Thanks for that line. However, I would like also to have contests every three months. It would covers the use of Microcontrollers. I have not decided the form it might take yet. I would like to have input from you and others here.

Regards, Plote
Re: DIY: Hardware Hacking With Arduino Boards by xterra2(m): 10:18am On May 10, 2012
Yes do just that and make sure there are some tutorials
Re: DIY: Hardware Hacking With Arduino Boards by LordRahl001: 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
please is this still active?
Re: DIY: Hardware Hacking With Arduino Boards by arduino: 1:32pm On Dec 12, 2015
For all your microcontrollers/arduino
components and shields buy from us on konga
; konga.com/faithtechnologies
Nationwide delivery

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Programmers Not Interested In Game Design / Please Which Career In Tech Can I Master In 1 Year For A Job / System Requirement For A Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.