Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Life And It's Unforgiving Hardships - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life And It's Unforgiving Hardships (598 Views)

I Think My Life And Thoughts Are Complicated / Family Escapes Death After Unforgiving Woman Raised False Robbery Alarm (pic) / Funny Letter Of Husband To Wife About Their Sex Life And Wife's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life And It's Unforgiving Hardships by Eddygourdo(m): 9:19am On Nov 13, 2015
I was born with a silver spoon, life was always good as a child and even till my teenage years. I had a car as a senior in secondary school, I lived around people that matter during the military era, I remember sleeping in nicon hilton Abuja for a month in 1997. Life was good till the religious crisis of the 2000 and everything came to an end, houses burnt, cars burnt, businesses burnt, lives lost, debts were owed and in a quest to survive again at previous level wrong decisions where made and houses at choice Abuja and jos locations were sold.. Barely a year later another crisis and the burning cycle repeated till the spoon was lost. Hardship came, the Hardship taught me a life long lesson that it is better you never ate on a table, than to have eaten on a table and suddenly start eating on the floor, this persisted for awhile and what struck me the most was that friends and family who lived off me in school and my family in general started having improved fortunes, though they never remembered me but I was happy to know that no situation persists forever. My mother tells me always whenever I complain of stagnancy that there was a period in Nigeria that cement was sold for 5naira a bag and some individuals couldn't purchase half bag, but today it's sold for 2000 a bag the same individuals are purchasing trailer loads and building mansions, no pain lasts forever, most pain are suddenly forgotten the moment good times arrive, my experience then showed me that Hardship is an experience best hoped unexperienced but if you are going through it though it might be difficult to bear, have faith that there will always be light at the end, today the embers of my own light and that of my family is beginning to burn, with God it will become a mighty flame and be a light of service to others in same situation. Never mock people in hard times, hard times could be emotional, financial, career, health challenges, marital. Many humans can't help you get out of it, only God and time. I am coming out my hardships slowly, the road was so rough I lost faith many times, but I looked beyond my issues and realised that so far I woke up every morning to face another issue, that means the issues of yesterday didn't kill me, the issues of today won't kill me and sooner than I know it, I will win. Wait on God to improve your situation, meantime do not despair so much lest the devil and your enemies rejoice over you, keep on living. YOU WILL ALWAYS WIN AT THE END. Thank God it's Friday. Safe journey to travellers and have a splendid weekend

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life And It's Unforgiving Hardships by Kayoski(m): 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2015
hmmn
Re: Life And It's Unforgiving Hardships by chival(f): 9:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
Thanks Ed for this nice and inspiring piece. May God see us all safely through the tunnel and out into the light.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life And It's Unforgiving Hardships by JonTal: 10:07pm On Nov 15, 2015
Thanks, Eddy. You never know how many peeps you will end up strengthening with this post.

As humans, and with God's help we have the ability to work our ways out of any situation we find ourselves in, no matter how complicated they may be.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Oakside Kitchens & Interiors Lagos Nigeria To Change Homes In Nigeria. / The Valentine’s Day Lies And Verdicts: What Should You Do Now? / You Are Fasting!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.