Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam (18100 Views)

Being A Full Hijabite Plus A Footballer, Outter The Fold Of Islam? / 10 Useless Matters - By Ibn Al-qiyyam / Umar Ibn Al Khattab Among The Most Influential People In History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by AlBaqir(m): 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2015
1. BATTLE OF BADR (2 A. H)
[This was the first battle in Islamic history. It was a battle between 313 Muslim led by the Prophet against a well equipped HUGE troop of Abu Sufyan].

Imam Muslim b. Hajjaj:

Narrated Abu Bakr Ibn Abi Shaybah from Affan from Hemad Ibn Salama from Thabit from Anas who said:

"When (the news of) the advance of Abu Sufyan (at the head of a force) reached him, the Messenger of Allah held consultations with his Companions. He said: Abu Bakr spoke (expressing his own views), but he (the prophet) turned away from him. Then spoke Umar (expressing his views), but he (the holy prophet) turned away from him (too). Then Sa'd Ibn Ubada stood up and said: 'Messenger of Allah, you want us (to speak?) By God in whose control is my life, if you order us to plunge our horses into the sea, we would do so..."
Source: Sahih Muslim vol.2, pg.#855
{also, Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal. Vol.21, pg.#21/22/23}.

What does Umar said to make the Prophet turned away from him?

# Imam Al-Dhahabi records:

Chapter of battle of Badr from Al-Maghazi of Musa Ibn Uqba, "The most authentic book of battles':

Narrated Ibrahim Ibn Al-Munzir Al-Hezami from Motref and Ma'an and others that Malik was asked from Al-Maghazi 'book of battles of the Messenger of Allah (saws)', said: 'Take Al-Maghazi of Musa Ibn Uqba, because it is the most authentic book of battles.'

(After mentioning some facts before the battle of Badr, he narrates the consultations of the Messenger of Allah (saw) with his companions in the day of Badr:

'Then Umar said: "O Messenger of Allah, it is tribe of Quraysh and it is dear, by God, it is not belittled since it has been respected, and has not believed since denied the belief, by God they will fight with you, and you will suffer from that?!"

The Messenger of Allah said: 'Consult me', Al-Miqdad Ibn Amr said: "We will not say what the companions of Musa said{So go you and your Lord and fight you two, we are sitting right here}[5:24], we say rather 'go you and your Lord and fight you two we are with you and follow you', the Messenger of Allah said: Consult me'...(and then Sa'd Ibn Ubada said what he said).
Source: Tarikh al-Islam. Vol. 1, pg. #106.

The holy prophet was overwhelmed with the words of al-Miqdad contrary to the ill advice of Umar "...I saw the face of the Prophet getting bright with happiness, for that saying [of Miqdad] delighted him".
{Sahih al-Bukhari pg 972, #3952}

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by AlBaqir(m): 12:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
2. BATTLE OF UHUD [3 A.H]
# Imam al-Tabari (d.310H):

Narrated Abu Hisham al-Rafi from Abu Bakr Ibn Ayyash from Hasim Ibn Kulayb from his father who said:

Umar preached on the day of Friday and recited Surah Aal-Imran and liked it when he reached {Those of you who turned back on the day the two hosts met}[3:155] he said: 'In the day of Uhud when we ran away, so I ran away and climbed the mountain, and I saw myself running and jumping like a mountain goat. And the people were saying: Muhammad is killed! I said: anyone who says Muhammad is killed I will kill him! Until we gathered on the mountain and the verse {Those of you who turned back on the day the two hosts met} was revealed in complete.
Source: Tafsir Jami al-Bayan. Vol.6, pg.#172

Each narrator's trustworthiness are confirmed:

1. Abu Hisham al-Rafi

* Al-Dhahabi:

"Al-Rafi (narrated from him Muslim, al-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah): Al-Imam al-Faqeeh al-Hafiz al-Allamah, judge of Baghdad..." {Siyar Ahlam Al-Nubala, vol.12, pg #153; Tarikh al-Baghdad vol.4, p.#595-597}

2. Abu Bakr ibn Ayyash

* Al-Dhahabi:

Abu Bakr ibn Ayyash Ibn Salem al-Asadi, Maula of the Asad tribe, Al-Hannat, Al-Moqerri, 'Al-Faqeeh, Al-Muhaddith, Sheik al-Islam...."
{Tahdheeb Siyar Ahlam Al-Nubala, vol.1, p.#303}

3. Hasim Ibn Kulayb

* Al-Mizzi:

Hasim Ibn Kulayb...[narrated from him, Bukhari in his Tarikh, Muslim in his Sahih, and the four: Tirmidhi, Abi Dawud, Nasa'i, and Ibn Majah]. Narrated Abu Bakr Al-Athram from Ahmad Ibn Hanbal who said: There is no problem in his narrations....He is trustworthy. Al-Nasa'i said the same..."
{Tahdheeb Al-Kamal, vol.13, pg.#537-539}

* Muhammad Ibn Sa'd:

Hasim Ibn Kulayb...Died in the beginning of Abi Ja'far's caliphate. He was trustworthy, his narrations are to be trusted, he has not many narrations.
{Al-Tabaqat Al-Kabir, vol.8, p.#460}

4. Kulayb Ibn Shahab

* Ibn Abdul Barr:
Kulayb Ibn Shahab Al-Jarami, father of Hasim Ibn Kulayb, and his father Shahab was a companion. {Al-Istiab, vol.3, p.#1329}

* Muhammad Ibn Sa'd:
Kulayb Ibn Shahab Al-Jarami from the tribe of Bani Qodha'a, he was the father of Hasim Ibn Kulayb. He has narrated from Umar, Ali and he is trustworthy...
{Al-Tabaqat al-Kabir, vol.8, pg.243}

# Ibn Munzir in his Tafsir Ibn Munzir, vol.1, pg. #402 also narrated through another chain.

# Imam Fakhr al-Razi:

The summary of narrations is that a group of them [Sahaba] ran away and went far away, some of them entered Madina, some of them ran to other districts, but most of them went to the mountain and gathered there. Among those who escaped was Umar, but he was not among the first ones who escaped and he did not run far away, but he remained on the mountain and waited there until Messenger of Allah climbed the mountain! Among those who escaped was Uthman who escaped with two other men of Ansar, their names were Sa'd and Uqba, they ran away until they reached a far place and came back after three days! Then Prophet Said to them: 'You ran a far distance!'
{Tafsir Fakhr al-Razi Mafatih al-Ghayb, vol.9, p.52}

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by AlBaqir(m): 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
3. BATTLE OF KHANDAQ [5A.H]

Description of the Battle, and the mixed state of Muslim:- {Surah Ahzab: 10-16}

Imam Ibn Hibban (d. 354H) documents:

Narrated Imran Ibn Musa Ibn Moshajeh from Uthman Ibn Abi Shayba from Yazeed Ibn Har'oon from Muhammad Ibn Amr from his father from his grandfather from Aisha who said:

"I went out in the day of Al-Khandaq and I was standing behind the people, then I heard sounds of ground coming from behind me, I turned around and saw Sa'd Ibn Ma'az and his nephew Al-Harith Ibn Aws was carrying his armour, so I sat down on the ground and Sa'd passed by and he was wearing an armour that its outskirts were gone out of his limbs. I was afraid of his armours outskirts, and Sa'd was of the biggest and tallest people, she said: Sa'd passed by singing epic verses: 'Very soon the battle of the brave man begins...what a good thing it is that the death comes"

She (Aisha) said: Then I entered a garden, and I saw that a group of people who had been (hiding) there, among them was Umar Ibn al-Khattab. Umar said: 'woe to you, what brought you here?! By God you are a bold woman, what made you think that you are safe of getting captured or get into trouble! She (Aisha) said: 'He kept blaming me so much until I wished that the earth splits so that I enter into it.'

Among them there was another man who was covering his face, then the man took the cover away, he was Talha Ibn Ubaidallah, so he said: 'Woe to you Umar! You said too much today, where is the place to escape or flee except towards Allah?'

Footnote: The hadith is Hasan (Reliable).

Source: Sahih Ibn Hibban, vol.15, pg.498-501

# Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal document this same narration. Source: {Musnad (Cairo: Muasassat Qurtubah) [annotator: Shuaib al-Arnaut], vol.6, p.141, #25140}

# Allamah al-Albani has copied the exact same narration in his Sahihah and states:

Imam Ahmad (6/141-142) recorded it from Muhammad b. Amr - his father - Alqamah b. Waqqas - Aisha...

I(Al-Albani) say: This chain is Hasan. Al-Haythami said in Majma al-Zawaid (6/128): "Ahmad recorded it and in the chain is Muhammad b. Amr b. Alqamah, and his hadith is Hasan, and the other narrators in the chain are trustworthy". Al-Hafiz also said in al-Fath (11/43): "And its chain is Hasan"

{Silsilah al-Ahadith al-Sahihah (Riyadh: Maktabah al-Ma'arifah; 1st edition, 1415H), vol.1, p.143-145,#67}

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by BETATRON(m): 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
AlBaqir:

2. BATTLE OF UHUD [3 A.H]
# Imam al-Tabari (d.310H):

Narrated Abu Hisham al-Rafi from Abu Bakr Ibn Ayyash from Hasim Ibn Kulayb from his father who said:

Umar preached on the day of Friday and recited Surah Aal-Imran and liked it when he reached {Those of you who turned back on the day the two hosts met}[3:155] he said: 'In the day of Uhud when we ran away, so I ran away and climbed the mountain, and I saw myself running and jumping like a mountain goat. And the people were saying: Muhammad is killed! I said: anyone who says Muhammad is killed I will kill him! Until we gathered on the mountain and the verse {Those of you who turned back on the day the two hosts met} was revealed in complete.
Source: Tafsir Jami al-Bayan. Vol.6, pg.#172

Each narrator's trustworthiness are confirmed:

1. Abu Hisham al-Rafi

* Al-Dhahabi:

"Al-Rafi (narrated from him Muslim, al-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah): Al-Imam al-Faqeeh al-Hafiz al-Allamah, judge of Baghdad..." {Siyar Ahlam Al-Nubala, vol.12, pg #153; Tarikh al-Baghdad vol.4, p.#595-597}

2. Abu Bakr ibn Ayyash

* Al-Dhahabi:

Abu Bakr ibn Ayyash Ibn Salem al-Asadi, Maula of the Asad tribe, Al-Hannat, Al-Moqerri, 'Al-Faqeeh, Al-Muhaddith, Sheik al-Islam...."
{Tahdheeb Siyar Ahlam Al-Nubala, vol.1, p.#303}

3. Hasim Ibn Kulayb

* Al-Mizzi:

Hasim Ibn Kulayb...[narrated from him, Bukhari in his Tarikh, Muslim in his Sahih, and the four: Tirmidhi, Abi Dawud, Nasa'i, and Ibn Majah]. Narrated Abu Bakr Al-Athram from Ahmad Ibn Hanbal who said: There is no problem in his narrations....He is trustworthy. Al-Nasa'i said the same..."
{Tahdheeb Al-Kamal, vol.13, pg.#537-539}

* Muhammad Ibn Sa'd:

Hasim Ibn Kulayb...Died in the beginning of Abi Ja'far's caliphate. He was trustworthy, his narrations are to be trusted, he has not many narrations.
{Al-Tabaqat Al-Kabir, vol.8, p.#460}

4. Kulayb Ibn Shahab

* Ibn Abdul Barr:
Kulayb Ibn Shahab Al-Jarami, father of Hasim Ibn Kulayb, and his father Shahab was a companion. {Al-Istiab, vol.3, p.#1329}

* Muhammad Ibn Sa'd:
Kulayb Ibn Shahab Al-Jarami from the tribe of Bani Qodha'a, he was the father of Hasim Ibn Kulayb. He has narrated from Umar, Ali and he is trustworthy...
{Al-Tabaqat al-Kabir, vol.8, pg.243}

# Ibn Munzir in his Tafsir Ibn Munzir, vol.1, pg. #402 also narrated through another chain.

# Imam Fakhr al-Razi:

The summary of narrations is that a group of them [Sahaba] ran away and went far away, some of them entered Madina, some of them ran to other districts, but most of them went to the mountain and gathered there. Among those who escaped was Umar, but he was not among the first ones who escaped and he did not run far away, but he remained on the mountain and waited there until Messenger of Allah climbed the mountain! Among those who escaped was Uthman who escaped with two other men of Ansar, their names were Sa'd and Uqba, they ran away until they reached a far place and came back after three days! Then Prophet Said to them: 'You ran a far distance!'
{Tafsir Fakhr al-Razi Mafatih al-Ghayb, vol.9, p.52}
lol uthman should be a yoruba man.who runs first before knowing why he ran.."Came back after three days" hehehe

Nice piece again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by AlBaqir(m): 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2015
4. BATTLE OF KHAYBAR (7 A.H)

# Imam al-Hakim with the attestation of al-Dhahabi documents:

Narrated Abul Abbas Muhammad ibn Ahmad al-Mahboobi in Marw, from Sa'eed Ibn Masoud from Ubaidallah Ibn Musa from No'am Ibn Hakim from Abi Musa al-Hanafi from Ali who said:

The Messenger of Allah went out to Khaybar, when he reached it he sent Umar and a group of people with him to their town or their castle to fight them, but they could not do anything, and Umar with his companions escaped and came back to the Prophet, peace be upon him, his companions were saying that Umar is a coward and he was saying that his companions are cowards and then the Prophet said that famous Hadith. (*)

Al-Hakim: The chain of this narration is authentic, but they (i.e Bukhari and Muslim) have not narrated it.

(*) It is known as The Hadith of Flag.

Footnote: Al-Dhahabi says in Al-Talkhees: It is Sahih [authentic].

Source: Al-Mustadrak ala al-Sahihain, vol.3, pg.#40

# Al-Muttaqi al-Hindi also documents:

Narrated Ali: 'The Messenger of Allah (saw) went out to Khaybar, when he reached it he sent Umar and a group of people with him to their town or their castle they went and fought them, but they could not do anything, and Umar with his companions escaped and came back to the Prophet (saw), his companions were saying that Umar is a coward and he was saying that his companions are cowards and the Messenger of Allah(saw) got annoyed and he said: 'I will send a man towards them who loves Allah (swt) and his Messenger (saw) and Allah (swt) and his Messenger (saw) love him, he will fight with them untill he succeeds and he is not a coward who runs away frequently!' The people raised their necks to see whom the Messenger of Allah (saw) will call. They wished to be that man. The Messenger of Allah (saw) remained silent for a while and then said: 'Where is Ali? They said: 'He has an illness in his eyes.' He (saw) said: 'Bring him to me.' When I came to him, he opened my eyes and put his saliva on them and passed the flag to me and then I went fast, fearing that maybe the Messenger of Allah (swt) changed his decision, when I reached their castle and fought them. Then AlMarhab invited me, singing epic verses and I went to him singing epic verses like people do, until we met and Allah (swt) killed him with my hands and his companions ran away and closed the door of their castle behind themselves, we went to the door and I did not stop trying to break it until Allah (swt) opened it.

Footnote: Al-Muttaqi Al-Hindi 'This narration is narrated by Ibn Abi Shayba and Al-Bazzar, and its chain is Hasan 'Reliable.'

Source: Kanz-ul-Ummal. Vol. 10, Pg. # 462

# Imam Ahmad further documents:

Abd Allah (b. Ahmad) - my father (Ahmad b. Hanbal) - Zayd b. AlHabib - AlHusayn b. Waqid - Abd Allah b. Buraydah - Abu Buraydah:

We besieged Khaybar. So, Abu Bakr took the flag and went. But, he did not achieve victory. Then, the next day, 'Umar too it (i.e the flag), and went and returned without achieving victory. On that day, the people encountered hardship and fatigue. Therefore, the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said, "I will tomorrow give the flag to a man who loves Allah and His Messenger, and Allah and His Messenger love him too. He will not return unless he has achieved victory." So, we became absolutely certain that victory would be achieved the next day.

When it was morning, the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, performed the morning Salat. Then he stood and asked that the flag be brought to him. The people were on their lines. So, he summoned 'Ali and he ('Ali) was sore-eyed. Then he spit into his eyes and gave him the flag, and he ('Ali) achieved victory. I was one of those longing for it (i.e the flag).

Shayk al-Arnaut states: It is a sahih hadith, and this chain is strong (qawi) due to Husayn b. Waqid al-Maruzi.

Source: Musnad Ahmad, vol.5, p. 353, #23043.

1 Like

Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by AlBaqir(m): 12:27pm On Nov 13, 2015
5. BATTLE OF HUNAYN (8 A.H)

Imam al-Bukhari documents:

AlLayth - Yahya b. Sa'id - Umar b. Kathir b. Aflah - Abu Muhammad, freed slave of Abu Qatadah - Abu Qatadah:

On the day of Hunayn, I saw a Muslim fighting with one of the pagans and another pagan was hiding himself behind the Muslim in order to kill him. So I hurried towards the pagan who was hiding behind the Muslim to kill him, and he raised his hand to hit me but I hit his hand and cut it off. That man got hold of me and pressed me so hard that I was afraid, then I knelt down and his grip became loose and I pushed him and killed him. The Muslims fled, and I too fled with them. Suddenly, I met 'Umar b. al-Khattab amongst the people and I asked him, "What is wrong with the people?" He said, "It is the command of Allah." Then the people returned to the Messenger of Allah.

Source: Sahih al-Bukhari (Beirut: Dar Ibn Kathir; 3rd edition, 1407H)[annotator: Dr. Mustafa Dib al-Bagha], vol.4, p.1570, #4067.

Here Umar did not only fled with people but also claimed the fleeing was Allah's command.

Allah's command is explicit in His book:

"O you who believe! When you meet those who disbelieve, in a battlefield, never flee from them. And whoever flees away on such a day - unless it be a stratagem of war, or to retreat to a troop, - he indeed has drawn upon himself wrath from Allah. And his abode is Hellfire, and worse indeed is that destination. {Surah Anfal: 15-16}.
Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by MrOlai: 8:16pm On Nov 13, 2015
For the benefit of generality of Muslims who might be following, the OP of this thread is a chronic shia. The summary of all he's trying to put forth is to castigate one of the noble companions of the Prophet (SAW) in the person of Umar(R.A) whose contributions to the growth of Islam cannot be overemphasized.

The OP(Albaqir) and his cohorts have deep hatred for the first three Caliphs of Islam is Abubakr, Umar and Uthman (R.A Ajma'in).Infact, they rain curses on them every year!

The OP(Albaqir) and his cohorts have deep hatred for Ummul Muhmineen, Aisha(R.A), the wife of the Prophet (SAW). Some of them accuse her(R.A) of committing adultery! Some of them accuse her(R.A) of poisoning the Prophet(SAW)! Some of them rain curses on her(R.A) year in year out! Infact, all of them accuse her(R.A) of treachery and use unprintable words on her(R.A)!

This is what he(OP) has to say about the three Caliphs (R.A):

AlBaqir:

We (Shia) have over many centuries after the demise of the holy prophet (saws) presented our 12 Imams as being successor of the holy prophet, it is alarming that Ahl Sunna wal Jama'a (past or present) have NEVER reach any conclusion as who were those 12 as many of their Khalifas were monsters, murderers, adulterers and devil incarnates.

This is what he has to say about Aisha(R.A):

AlBaqir:

There is a narration in Tafsir al-Ayyashi which states that the Prophet (pbuh) was poisoned by his two wives, A’isha and Hafsa.

This is what he has to say specifically about Umar(R.A):

AlBaqir:
@golpen,
Yes I have a big problem with them, dear brother. I need answers because I just can't reconcile sahaba, accusing my beloved prophet a derailed, prevented him from writing his will on his death-bed that would have saved u from perdition,doubting his prophethood, ran away from war and left him(a.s) with his enemies, killed his family yet being promised al-jannah despite Allah saying: "if you raise your voice or abuse prophet...your deeds will be void", Allah frown and will punish those who ran away and left the prophet in war, etc.
As for me, if I follow those sahaba footsteps, then am doomed but if I follow the righteous among them, then success is mine. They are all examples for us and the choice is ours on who to follow.

All he(OP) does here is to always say all sorts of evils about those pious predecessors who strived with their lives and wealths for Islam we are benefitting from today! All he does here is to always spring up sectarianism!

So, for the viewers, it's better to always disregard him. All his rewards is with Allah(SWT).

For the moderators of Islam Section, let's be mindful of Allah(SAW). Threads like this should not be allowed at all if truly we fear Allah(SWT) and we are sure we'll be accountable to Him(SWT) one day!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by MrOlai: 9:21pm On Nov 13, 2015
BETATRON:
lol uthman should be a yoruba man.who runs first before knowing why he ran.."Came back after three days" hehehe
Nice piece again
Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by kazlaw2000: 10:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
BETATRON:

Nice piece again
The person that made this comment should fear Allaah. Pls check Suura Hashr, verse 10 to see why I say so. Are you/we better than Uthmaan? Pls repent now so Allaah may not visit you with a chastisement soon. You don't mess with Allaah's friends.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by BETATRON(m): 10:27pm On Nov 13, 2015
kazlaw2000:

The person that made this comment should fear Allaah. Pls check Suura Hashr, verse 10 to see why I say so. Are you/we better than Uthmaan? Pls repent now so Allaah may not visit you with a chastisement soon. You don't mess with Allaah's friends.
if uthman actually ran away from war front that means he didn't fulfill the lesser "jihad".mind checking the books of jurisprudence to see what is said about does who runs away from battle field

2nd-if he actually ran away from the battle he can't be a friend of God cause running away from battle signifies love of the mundane and transient world

3rd- I'm not better than utham but the truth is as a caliph he should serve as a role model for us..so if he runs away from battle what would you expect his followers to do,,you can't expect a physics prof to fail a physics exam meant for undergraduates.if he does its only normal that the undergraduate students will criticize him.cause they expected more from some1 of his caliber

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by HAkorehdeh(m): 10:43pm On Nov 13, 2015
Nl islam for Muslim section... I'm gonna unfollow this section soon in Sha Allah. It's really too disturbing the way people insult and embarrass themselves. The truth is there's really hatred, enmity, and animosity in this section, and not only in this forum , i am also a member of an online Muslim forum 'ummah'. People call themselves names, make takfir etc. I just wonder if this people were to meet physically, what could have happened?
Just another reason why i don't still believe Islam is completely clean from terrorism, even after seeing some people claiming ISIS /BH are Christians/jews base on their own research.
Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by Empiree: 11:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
@HAkorehdeh, islam is indeed free from any individual schism. Don't get it twisted with individual Muslim ego.

I really see no reason for this thread. I have said time and again since I was active on NL last yr that differences can never be resolved but a way around it is the way to go. This is why I limit my criticisms of any sects except for extreme individual.

Shia will forever hate the first three kilafah but that would never change history. Repeating it over and over would never make Hazrat Ali (RA) first caliph. But unnecessary hatred btw few muslims from both sides is causing lots of problems locally and internationally.

So don't worry yourself. Just be happy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by HAkorehdeh(m): 11:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
@empiree , it's just really disgraceful when i read some people's comments. I left ummah forum when discovered i couldn't stand it anymore. There, i think it's quite different, the major players/sectarian fighters there are the salafi, ahl hadith, berelevis, deobandi, tableeg jama' ah , a very little percent is the shia.
I'd always have a deep 'rethink' before viewing any new thread, people always attack themselves.
I thought this place would be quite fair. Never knew there are a lot of em here too. I fear the real time of the salafi-shia war sha.
Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by MrOlai: 12:05am On Nov 14, 2015
kazlaw2000:

Jazakumullah khaeran. May Allah(SWT) always be there for you whenever you need Him(Amin).

1 Like

Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by Empiree: 12:18am On Nov 14, 2015
HAkorehdeh:
@empi.ree , it's just really disgraceful when i read some people's comments. I left ummah forum when discovered i couldn't stand it anymore. There, i think it's quite different, the major players/sectarian fighters there are the salafi, ahl hadith, berelevis, deobandi, tableeg jama' ah , a very little percent is the shia.
I'd always have a deep 'rethink' before viewing any new thread, people always attack themselves.
I thought this place would be quite fair. Never knew there are a lot of em here too. I fear the real time of the salafi-shia war sha.
See, there's nothing wrong having fair debate btw sects within islam for educational purposes. But when debate leads to argument and foul word, for me, it's time to call it quit. I already figured out some 7 yrs ago there is no way differences can be solved until Allah's intervention. Therefore, suggestion is way around it. I will only engage in sectarian debate for learning purposes.

Sometimes one is blind by sect he belongs to. One naturally have soft spot for the sect he/she belongs.
Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by MrOlai: 12:29am On Nov 14, 2015
HAkorehdeh:
Nl islam for Muslim section... I'm gonna unfollow this section soon in Sha Allah. It's really too disturbing the way people insult and embarrass themselves. The truth is there's really hatred, enmity, and animosity in this section, and not only in this forum , i am also a member of an online Muslim forum 'ummah'. People call themselves names, make takfir etc. I just wonder if this people were to meet physically, what could have happened?
Just another reason why i don't still believe Islam is completely clean from terrorism, even after seeing some people claiming ISIS /BH are Christians/jews base on their own research.

I appreciate your concern about the need for unity and cooperation among the Muslims. Masha Allah! However, it would be very wrong of you to make any criticism when you keep silent while noble companions of the Prophet(SAW) and His household are being badmouthed!

Evils are being said about one of the noble companions of the Prophet(SAW) in person of Umar(R.A) here, you didn't see anything wrong with that! You didn't complain about that! Please, try to purify your intention! Those noble companions are far better than us and our parents before Allah(SWT). If somebody abuses any of our parents, for instance, we would not take it lightly with the person. Now, we are talking about the companions of the Prophet(SAW) whom Allah(SWT) Himself certified for paradise even right before they left the surface of the Earth. Please, purify your intention once again!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by MrOlai: 12:44am On Nov 14, 2015
This is what Allah(SWT) says about those companions of the Prophet(SAW) and those that follow them:

"
وَالسَّابِقُونَ الْأَوَّلُونَ مِنَ الْمُهَاجِرِينَ وَالْأَنْصَارِ وَالَّذِينَ اتَّبَعُوهُمْ بِإِحْسَانٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُوا عَنْهُ وَأَعَدَّ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي تَحْتَهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ "فِيهَا أَبَدًا ۚ ذَٰلِكَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ

"As for the first pioneers who accepted Islam from the Muhajir (immigrants) and Ansar (supporters in Madinah) and those who follow them in good deeds, Allah is well pleased with them and they are pleased with Him. He has prepared for them gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they shall live forever: that is the mighty achievement."
(Q.9:100)

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by MrOlai: 12:49am On Nov 14, 2015
MrOlai:
This is what Allah(SWT) says about those companions of the Prophet(SAW) and those that follow them:
"

وَالسَّابِقُونَ الْأَوَّلُونَ مِنَ الْمُهَاجِرِينَ وَالْأَنْصَارِ وَالَّذِينَ اتَّبَعُوهُمْ بِإِحْسَانٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُوا عَنْهُ وَأَعَدَّ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي تَحْتَهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَدًا ۚ ذَٰلِكَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ
"
"As for the first pioneers who accepted Islam from the Muhajir (immigrants) and Ansar (supporters in Madinah) and those who follow them in good deeds, Allah is well pleased with them and they are pleased with Him. He has prepared for them gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they shall live forever: that is the mighty achievement."

Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by HAkorehdeh(m): 12:51am On Nov 14, 2015
MrOlai:

I appreciate your concern about the need for unity and cooperation among the Muslims. Masha Allah! However, it would be very wrong of you to make any criticism when you keep silent while noble companions of the Prophet(SAW) and His household are being badmouthed!

Evils are being said about one of the noble companions of the Prophet(SAW) in person of Umar(R.A) here, you didn't see anything wrong with that! You didn't complain about that! Please, try to purify your intention! Those noble companions are far better than us and our parents before Allah(SWT). If somebody abuses any of our parents, for instance, we would not take it lightly with the person. Now, we are talking about the companions of the Prophet(SAW) whom Allah(SWT) Himself certified for paradise even right before they left the surface of the Earth. Please, purify your intention once again!
Intention purification? I assume that is why i am trying to be considerate.. I began knowing about the Shia not long after knowing about the salafi (both quite recently). I have no problem with any body (i don't ever want to). But what i noticed about some people here (including you) is that they hardly consider other people's opinion, they don't read/watch before criticising. This manner i don't think it speaks well of an aAlim... Right from time, the Shia are known to be having problems with some sahaba and they have their proofs for that... Which ever way one sees it i think some kinds of maturity should be put in place too. Sincerely, i myself hate derailing a lot and i wouldn't mind spending the whole day reading an intellectual argument /discussion.
Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by MrOlai: 1:03am On Nov 14, 2015
This is what Allah(SWT) says about them in another verse of the Qur'an:

"وَالَّذِينَ جَاءُوا مِنْ بَعْدِهِمْ يَقُولُونَ رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لَنَا وَلِإِخْوَانِنَا الَّذِينَ سَبَقُونَا بِالْإِيمَانِ وَلَا تَجْعَلْ فِي قُلُوبِنَا غِلًّا لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ رَءُوفٌ رَحِيمٌ "

"And it is also for those who came after them and say: "Our Rabb! Forgive us and our brothers who embraced the faith before us and do not leave any malice in our hearts towards the believers. Our Rabb! Surely You are the Kind, the Merciful." (Q.59:10)
Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by MrOlai: 1:34am On Nov 14, 2015
These are the statements of the Prophet(SAW) on Umar(R.A) and His virtues:

Sayyiduna Abdullah bin Abbas (may Allah be pleased with both the father and the son) reports the Holy Prophet, may Allah send greetings and salutations on him, as saying:

اللهم أعز الإسلام بأبى جهل بن هشام أو بعمر. قال فأصبح فغدا عمر على رسول الله -صلى الله عليه وسلم- فأسلم
"O Allah, strengthen Islam with Abu Jahl bin Hisham or Umar bin Khattab." In the morning Umar went to the Holy Prophet, may Allah send greetings and salutations on him, and embraced Islam. [Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith 3683]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by MrOlai: 1:36am On Nov 14, 2015
Sayyiduna Uqbah bin Amir (may Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Holy Prophet, may Allah send greetings and salutations on him, said:

لو كان بعدى نبى لكان عمر بن الخطاب
"If there were to be a prophet after me, indeed he would be Umar, son of Khattab". [Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith 3686]
Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by MrOlai: 1:38am On Nov 14, 2015
It is related that Sayyiduna Jabir ibn 'Abdullah said that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said,

رأيتنى دخلت الجنة ، فإذا أنا بالرميصاء امرأة أبى طلحة وسمعت خشفة ، فقلت من هذا فقال هذا بلال . ورأيت قصرا بفنائه جارية ، فقلت لمن هذا فقال لعمر . فأردت أن أدخله فأنظر إليه ، فذكرت غيرتك » . فقال عمر بأمى وأبى يا رسول الله أعليك أغار طرفاه
"I dreamt that I entered the Garden and there was ar-Rumaysa', the wife of Abu Talha. I heard a faint sound and said, 'Who is this?' He said, 'This is Bilal.' I saw a palace with a girl in its courtyard and said, 'Who does this belong to?' They said, ''Umar.' I wanted to enter it and look at it but then I remembered your jealousy.' 'Umar said, 'By my mother and father, Messenger of Allah, would I be jealous on account of you?'" [Sahih Bukhari, Book of the Virtues of the Companions, Hadith 3476]
Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by MrOlai: 1:41am On Nov 14, 2015
Sayyiduna Abdullah bin Umar (may Allah be pleased with both the father and the son) narrates that one day the Holy Prophet, may Allah send greetings and salutations on him, went out and entered the mosque with Abu Bakr and Umar, one on his right hand and the other on his left, holding their hands. Then he said:

هكذا نبعث يوم القيامة
"We will be raised thus on the Day of Resurrection." [Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith 3669]
Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by MrOlai: 1:42am On Nov 14, 2015
Sayyiduna Abdullah bin Umar (may Allah be pleased with both the father and the son) narrates that Allah`s Messenger, may Allah send greetings and salutations on him, said,

إن الله جعل الحق على لسان عمر وقلبه
"Indeed, Allah has placed truth upon Umar`s tongue and heart." [Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith 2682]
Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by MrOlai: 1:43am On Nov 14, 2015
It is related from Sayyiduna Abu Hamzah that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said,

بينا أنا نائم شربت - يعنى اللبن - حتى أنظر إلى الرى يجرى فى ظفرى أو فى أظفارى ، ثم ناولت عمر. فقالوا فما أولته قال العلم
"While I was asleep, I dreamt that I drank (milk) until I could feel moisture coming out of my nails and then I gave it to 'Umar ibn al-Khattab." They asked, "How do you interpret it, Messenger of Allah?" He replied, "It means knowledge." [Sahih al-Bukhari, Book of the Virtues of the Companions, Hadith 3478]
Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by Empiree: 2:50am On Nov 14, 2015
HAkorehdeh:
Intention purification? I assume that is why i am trying to be considerate.. I began knowing about the Shia not long after knowing about the salafi (both quite recently). I have no problem with any body (i don't ever want to). But what i noticed about some people here including you is that they hardly consider other people's opinion, they don't read/watch before criticising. This manner i don't think it speaks well of an aAlim... Right from time, the Shia are known to be having problems with some sahaba and they have their proofs for that... Which ever way one sees it i think some kinds of maturity should be put in place too. Sincerely, i myself hate derailing a lot and i wouldn't mind spending the whole day reading an intellectual argument /discussion.
You made great point @bolded. I notice that a lot actually, especially with Mr fundamental undecided

And @underlined, that's very true. And the evidences they got are even from Sunni literature. That's just sad. It makes it really difficult to put up defense. One can not blame Albaqir for that. So my only conclusion to the so called evidence is that they are fabricated. They are in conflict with Noble Quran since Quran has guarantee paradise for these great men called Sahaba (RTA).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by Empiree: 3:11am On Nov 14, 2015
MrOlai:

"
وَالسَّابِقُونَ الْأَوَّلُونَ مِنَ الْمُهَاجِرِينَ وَالْأَنْصَارِ وَالَّذِينَ اتَّبَعُوهُمْ بِإِحْسَانٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُوا عَنْهُ وَأَعَدَّ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي تَحْتَهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ "فِيهَا أَبَدًا ۚ ذَٰلِكَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ

I love this translation better:

"The vanguard (of Islam)- the first of those who forsook (their homes), the Muhajir (immigrants) and of those who gave them aid, Ansar (supporters in Madinah) and (also) those who follow them in (all) good deeds,- well-pleased is Allah with them, as are they with Him: for them hath He prepared gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein for ever: that is the supreme felicity".

Problem albaqir has with this verse is that 'Allah did not mention their names'. That is what albaqir once told me. But what he doesnt seem to understand is that these Sahaba, at least "The First Rightly Guided" are very close to the prophet. So even Quran doesnt mention them by name, there is 95% chance that they are included in this verse. So all the ahadith in Sunni literature that the Shia use as evidence against Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman are fabricated as far as I am concern.

I have said this before and will say it again: Anyone who says Abu Bakr, Umar Faruq and Uthman ibn Affan (RTA) are usurpers is misguided.

Quran is very clear.

2 Likes

Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by usermane(m): 5:46am On Nov 14, 2015
Empiree:
See, there's nothing wrong having fair debate btw sects within islam for educational purposes. But when debate leads to argument and foul word, for me, it's time to call it quit. I already figured out some 7 yrs ago there is no way differences can be solved until Allah's intervention. Therefore, suggestion is way around it. I will only engage in sectarian debate for learning purposes.

Sometimes one is blind by sect he belongs to. One naturally have soft spot for the sect he/she belongs.

@ bold; The person who called others like me "Dajjal" for debunking tenets and dogmas of his faith, what put him in position to say this? Those condemning MrOlai now will join him if he were bashing or castigating me over my recent thread in the section. It is the pitiful state of most traditional Muslims, they can't deal responsibly with heterodox views because they don't see the chances of themselves being on the wrong path.
Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by AlBaqir(m): 7:59am On Nov 14, 2015
Empiree:
I love this translation better:
"The vanguard (of Islam)- the first of those who forsook (their homes), the Muhajir (immigrants) and of those who gave them aid, Ansar (supporters in Madinah) and (also) those who follow them in (all) good deeds,- well-pleased is Allah with them, as are they with Him: for them hath He prepared gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein for ever: that is the supreme felicity".

@underline, sorry that is rather one of the worse translation. Here is a better translation:

{"And (as for) the foremost, from among the Muhajirs and the Ansars, and those who followed them in goodness, Allah is well pleased with them and they are well pleased with Him, and He has prepared for them gardens beneath which rivers flow, to abide in them for ever; that is the mighty achievement}" [at-Tawbah:100]

That bold part in the ayah {mina} is what people like you don't like to see. By all means it is the desire of Ahlu Sunnah to include all the Muhajirs and Ansars in that ayah but Quran is clear when Allah uses from amongst, so don't distort Quran.

On the other hands, you deliberately close your eyes on the very next ayah 101. It reads:

{"And from among those who are round about you of the dwellers of the desert there are hypocrites, and from among the people of Medina (also); they are stubborn in hypocrisy; you do not know them; We know them; We will chastise them twice then shall they be turned back to a grievous chastisement"}

Obviously you, MrOlai et al don't like seeing this ayah.

Empiree:

Problem albaqir has with this verse is that 'Allah did not mention their names'. That is what albaqir once told me.

Kindly present where I've ever made such a cheap response. That's a weird claim brother. Perhaps you quote me out of a context. I don't make silly comments like that.

Empiree:

But what he doesnt seem to understand is that these Sahaba, at least "The First Rightly Guided" are very close to the prophet. So even Quran doesnt mention them by name, there is 95% chance that they are included in this verse.

Sheik Empiree, call all men and Jinn for help to answer this simple question @underline:

Who are (were)" the Rightly Guided Khalifah", their names and number? It is obvious there is Hadith sahih where the Prophet command us to follow his Khulafau Rashidun. By Allah! Even if you provide a daif hadith, I might reconsider to accept.

Its a shame that people like you continue to follow mythical beliefs of the Umayyad. No evidence! No proof! لا هول ولا قوة الا باالله

Empiree:

So all the ahadith in Sunni literature that the Shia use as evidence against Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman are fabricated as far as I am concern.

But all the ahadith in their praises [even if they contradict Quran] are authentic?! Right?!
Even the Sunnis will be highly disappointed in you for making this remark. Is that academical? Thats fanaticism.

Empiree:

I have said this before and will say it again. Anyone who says Abu Bakr, Umar Faruq and Uthman ibn Affan (RTA) are usurper is misguided.

Anyone?! Obviously that include Mawla Ali and Abbas. Here's Umar ibn al-Khattab:

“When the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, died, Abū Bakr said: “I am the walī of the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him.”.... So both of you ('Alī and 'Abbās) thought him (i.e. Abū Bakr) to be a liar, sinful, A TRAITOR and dishonest. And Allāh knows that he was really truthful, pious, rightly-guided and a follower of the truth. Abū Bakr died and I became the walī of the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, and the walī of Abū Bakr. So both of you thought me to be a liar, sinful, A TRAITOR and dishonest. {Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim (Beirut: Dār Iḥyā al-Turāth al-'Arabī), vol. 3, p. 1376, #1757}

Empiree:

Quran is clear

كلمة حق يردنه البتل

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam by AlBaqir(m): 8:01am On Nov 14, 2015
kazlaw2000:

Obviously brother you have never come across this ayah before, never:

"O you who believe! When you meet those who disbelieve, in a battlefield, never flee from them. And whoever flees away on such a day - unless it be a stratagem of war, or to retreat to a troop, - he indeed has drawn upon himself wrath from Allah. And his abode is Hellfire, and worse indeed is that destination. {Surah Anfal: 15-16}.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation / Sultan Declares Wednesday June 28th Eid l Kabir / Allah Will Condemn Men Who Do Not Satisfy Their Women Sexually -imam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.