Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member (2156 Views)

Fayose Wore T-shirt To Aso Villa As He Attends NEC Meeting In Buhari's Absence / Biafra Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member. THE SUN / Buhari Chairs AU Meeting Of The Peace & Security Committee At The Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member by great664(m): 2:53pm On Nov 13, 2015
With the increase in the sun Hotness i visit sunnews if they can report about it then i saw this. Is it the right step for us as a country?

Following the recent admission of the Indigenous People of Biafra to the Economic, Social and Cultural Council (ECOSOCC) General Assembly of the African Union (AU), the Supreme Council of Indigenous People of Biafra backed up by Bilie Human Rights Initiative yesterday sent its maiden delegation after admission to an ongoing AU meeting in Nairobi, Kenya, having been invited like other countries.

Disclosing this yesterday in Nnewi, Anambra State, the Deputy Chairman of the Supreme Council of Indigenous People of Biafra and former President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Dr. Dozie Ikedife, said the invitation to attend the meeting came from Addis Ababba, the headquarters of the AU just as other countries in Africa were invited.

He explained that the delegation whose membership he did not disclose is expected to spend five days in Nairobi, Kenya for the meeting.

“We received our invitation from Addis Abbaba the way others received theirs to be part of the meeting. And this means we are getting international recognition and opportunity to interact and present our case at the international level. It is a big leap forward,” Ikedife said.

There has been a dramatic change in the struggle to actualize the Biafran nation.

Check revealed that professionals, intellectuals and diplomats among the indigenous people of Biafra, home and abroad using legal framework outside the pattern of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), had taken up the struggle.

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/biafra-attends-au-meeting-in-nairobi-as-member/

By the way how the sun for your side?

Lala, do the usual or needful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member by laudate: 2:56pm On Nov 13, 2015
Only countries can become members of the African Union (AU). Maybe you wanted to say that they attended as observers.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member by 4reala(m): 3:01pm On Nov 13, 2015
4 where! Invite Kor, invitee ni

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member by great664(m): 3:03pm On Nov 13, 2015
laudate:
Only countries can become members of the African Union (AU). Maybe you wanted to say that they attended as observers.
Lol, just posted what I saw, and he said they receive their invite just the way other countries did, but

Do non members attend as observers?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member by athaboi(f): 3:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
Yes! #Biaframuststand!! They shld just give us a referendum and see us vote. Many pple hv been speaking on behave. Of the igbos, saying that is not all the igbos that r in support of biafra. That those living outside igboland that hv businesess in other states doesnt suport biafra because of their business. I wona ask, so if they r confortable and their brothers back home r not confortable, they shld only care abt themslv?? I bet u the vote will be 90%

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member by palladin: 3:15pm On Nov 13, 2015
Funny this was the news as far back as 2014
The news never appeared on AU's webpage.
sun newspaper was the only news paper that printed the news

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member by Abbeyme: 3:21pm On Nov 13, 2015
You can twist story?

Where is d copy of the letter?

I smell fraud with this story without proof.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member by great664(m): 3:25pm On Nov 13, 2015
Abbeyme:
You can twist story?

Where is d copy of the letter?

I smell fraud with this story without proof.
Lol, if you ask me na who I go ask? The matter pass me and e heavy for mouth
Re: Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member by laudate: 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2015
great664:
Lol, just posted what I saw, and he said they receive their invite just the way other countries did, but

Do non members attend as observers?

Yes, international organisations and civil society groups can attend as observers. And you have to apply to attend or request for an invitation, before you can be issued with one.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member by ReskpetNobleman(m): 3:34pm On Nov 13, 2015
hey Op am a hard core biafra better don't feed mee with political bull angry
Re: Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member by great664(m): 3:42pm On Nov 13, 2015
laudate:

Yes, international organisations and civil society groups can attend as observers. And you have to apply to attend or request for an invitation, before you can be issued with one.
okay, thanks for this knowledge but according to the post they were invited as member state without having a country. Soon Catalonia will be invited to EU
Re: Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member by laudate: 3:54pm On Nov 13, 2015
great664:
okay, thanks for this knowledge but according to the post they were invited as member state

That post is factually and empirically wrong, so please stop re-quoting it. How can they be invited as a member state?? When was this membership conferred on them? By whom?? Do you even know what it takes to be a member state of the AU? Are you aware that member states pay annual dues that runs into millions to the AU? It is compulsory, because that is the only way through which the AU programmes and projects are financed. undecided

How much has IPOB paid to the AU as a member state? Are they even qualified to be called a member state, when they are NOT even a country?? What is their capital? What are their arms of govt? Where are the physical boundaries? Have they been formally recognised as a state by the rest of the world? shocked

Guy, don't let people laugh at your ignorance, o! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member by great664(m): 3:58pm On Nov 13, 2015
ReskpetNobleman:
hey Op am a hard core biafra better don't feed mee with political bull angry
like I said I shared what I saw on Sunnews site

1 Like

Re: Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member by great664(m): 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
laudate:

That post is factually and empirically wrong, so please stop re-quoting it. How can they be invited as a member state?? When was this membership conferred on them? By whom?? Do you even know what it takes to be a member state of the AU? Are you aware that member states pay annual dues that runs into millions to the AU? It is compulsory, because that is the only way through which the AU programmes and projects are financed. undecided

How much has IPOB paid to the AU as a member state? Are they even qualified to be called a member state, when they are NOT even a country?? What is their capital? What are their arms of govt? Where are the physical boundaries? Have they been formally recognised as a state by the rest of the world? o! grin
No way man, I saw same thing and that was why i shared it maybe in dream IPOB don dey pay or AU collect bribe to support, for the fact that sunnews report this is alarming.
Re: Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2015
BiafRATS no go stop todey fall hands'# Seems u probably dnt knw d meaning of AU..' Its only for african countries..' I quess u copied it from your Nigeria Forum..grin..#

1 Like

Re: Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member by great664(m): 4:50am On Nov 16, 2015
WeedSeller:
BiafRATS no go stop todey fall hands'#
Seems u probably dnt knw d meaning of AU..' Its only for african countries..'
I quess u copied it from your Nigeria Forum..grin..#

By the way where dey ask you about AU meaning, so Biafra was suppose to be invited I'd na AU? Anyway u rant, wetin I deey expect from drug seller
Re: Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 16, 2015
great664:
By the way where dey ask you about AU meaning, so Biafra was suppose to be invited I'd na AU? Anyway u rant, wetin I deey expect from drug seller
What u ar saying is even extraneous to what i posted..Nincompoop' klutz
Re: Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member by Abbeyme: 7:06am On Nov 16, 2015
Besides the story is initialized BY OUR REPORTER ON DECEMBER 18, 2014

soo....

Its an old, old story
Re: Biafra Invited And Attends AU Meeting In Nairobi As Member by great664(m): 8:39am On Nov 16, 2015
WeedSeller:

What u ar saying is even extraneous to what i posted..Nincompoop' klutz

Lol, u don't even know ur username #Drugseller

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News : Unrest In Izom-lambata / Popular Wuse Market On Fire In Abuja - Pictured / Bayo Ajia's Last Moments, A Must Read...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.