Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland (29812 Views)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating / Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by EmekaBlue(m): 5:52am On Nov 14, 2015
Sunday Oliseh tactics is poor
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 14, 2015
Very clueless coach

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by gbrown(m): 6:14am On Nov 14, 2015
Jarus:
It's been a while I did player rating for Eagles matches, but I'm deciding to do for this match.

Yet again, the SE struggled against an unrated African opposition. But for the for the wastefulness of the Swaziland team, they could have actually gone ahead as they had more scoring chances.

Carl Ikeme
Not tested much. No fantastic save to remember. He spent too much time dressing ball and sometimes killed tempo of game when he should have released the ball faster. Appeared composed nonetheless. 6/10

Abdullah Shehu
The right back was aweful in the first half. He didn't do much. He set too many feet wrong. He needs to work more to be rated as a professional that is capable of donning Nigerian national team jersey. 4/10

Efe Ambrose
Mr Cut. He appeared confident at the back with his signature cutting. He is becoming predictable and some opponents coaches may train their strikers on how to collect him from his cut. He also made an attempt to score from his trademark header in the second half. 5/10

Godfrey Oboabona
This guy returned to SE to have one of his worst games. His past rating has continued to wane and that may explain he is stuck to backwater club in Turkey. His passes were as poor as his defensive ability. A bad game. 3/10

Elderson Echiejile
The Monaco has toned down on his attacking style. He didn't link up with attack as he is known for. He could have done better. 4/10

Onazi Ogenyi
Hardworking but no sense. He plays in a world class team and much was expected of him. He needs to up his game. He gave away ball too easily. 4/10

Mikel Obi
Well, well, he may not be living to expectation but it was still glaring that he was a class ahead of his peers. He made flashes of passes - some accurate, some not so. He fell down too easily and also gave away possession a couple of time. Yet, it was glaring he was our best player. Removing him was a tactical blunder, IMO. 6/10.

mikel 6/10? That,s questionable, mikel has outlived his usefulness, he was a mess on the field or play, he gave away balls easily, fell like a pack od cards, held on to the ball for too long, pls stop the bias.

2 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 14, 2015
VickyRotex:

angry undecided undecided undecided

Vicky. Lol. I just checked ya signature and I found out your a die hard barca fan like me. so can we be like neymar n Suarez? lol
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 14, 2015
emmasege:
It's obvious u didn't watch the match. If u did, u would know Mikel was arguably our best player on the pitch. Only God knows why that Belgium-based national coach removed him for martins. Nigeria still has good players but a poor handler. This oliseh guy could be worse than keshi self.

oliseh just gat a formatted brain. his prob is that he needs to receive sense.

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by Mancity26(m): 6:34am On Nov 14, 2015
mirabel001:
super fowl...
In other news..
Biafra is here..
D guy above me is ohu n'ala nna ya
#adabiafra
i guess d guy above u as don't understand ibo or he don't know wat u mean..bcs if u he do.. He may hunt 4u.. Very hurting words especialy if d lad belong 2 dat kingdom.. Am just lafing in capital letters when i saw dat..but u fine ooo. Adaobi..adamma.#funnyNation comedian
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by Jarus(m): 7:13am On Nov 14, 2015
Qelvin:
How did Swazi come to waste so many scoring opportunities according to your report, yet Ikeme barely made any saves based on his rating..kinda conflicting

If you kick the ball over the bar or to the side or made a wrong pass in box 18, or your ball hit a defender, you are wasting scoring opportunities but keeper is not involved!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by NOBLE179(m): 7:13am On Nov 14, 2015
No wonder our strikers hardly succeed. No creativity in the midfield.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by Fabulous7(m): 7:27am On Nov 14, 2015
Alanjeffy:
End time according to lasisi.. what do yu expect when yu having Mikel just coming bk from a team that is 16th on the table lol
Bros wen u go get sense na undecided
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by bugzbunny: 7:35am On Nov 14, 2015
fiftynaira:
And my biafra brother's will seat and watch this match...

#IamIgboNotBiafra
Idiot like u... Bast.ard
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by VickyRotex(f): 7:38am On Nov 14, 2015
Alanjeffy:

Vicky. Lol. I just checked ya signature and I found out your a die hard barca fan like me. so can we be like neymar n Suarez? lol

shocked So you bite? cheesy

Die hard kor, live soft ni angry

I'm Chelsea to the core, Barca is just an alternative(Spare tyre) for me. angry
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by kechywillz(m): 7:39am On Nov 14, 2015
They super chicks Coach should be slammed. Besides why sholud he invite Iheanacho to play their medicore game. That Iheanacho is too good to be disorganized in such match
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by IceDude(m): 7:49am On Nov 14, 2015
lexyman:
I think u re too friendly with the rating, score them 2/10. For. Wasting our time and keeping glued to the screen without anything to show for it ....super eagles has been "consistently inconsistent ". Lol
"Consistently inconsistent". Nice one!......I don get new line wey i go use dey scope babes grin
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by Muyiwhy: 7:52am On Nov 14, 2015
bettermike:

Rabiu Ibrahim should not even have been called up. But then, I think it was a political decision. The northern quota had to be maintained. His game in the last friendlies showed his poor class especially when Mikel was on the pitch with him. Inferiority complex perhaps.

I think you got it wrong here. Martins was not brought to strike. He was meant to replace Mikel which I think was a good decision because we began to see the opponent goal more often. Mikel sat too deep but martins spent more time in the opponent half of the pitch. Another good decision by oliseh. Also rememering that Mikel was about to cost us the match.
Also if you follow martins in the mls, you should already know that he is no longer new to such roles.

Iheanacho tried. Needs more playing time.

Oliseh, to me, is my man of the match. If not for the poor officiating, Nigeria would have won comfortably.
It takes courage to realise that you have made mistake and correct it immediately by removing a player you brought on. If that player was left on, you will be the first to come here to scream like a new born baby.

What I took out of the match was simple. Now we have a coach. He saw that the wings were blocked and changed tactics swiftly. That is the hallmark of wisdom. All we need now is patience and some luck.

Am happy.
Exactly what I saw,we keep blaming the coach even when they make daring decisions,when was the last time we had a tactical change of formation...under keshi we would have finished that game with the same 4-5-1 formation and would have our hearts in our mouth but our coach saw it necessary to change tactics and although our midfield was exposed bt we troubled our opponent more..we need the coach's bravery with subs,nw I tink we have a tactical coach nd not days of mediocrity...he shld be given time nd yesterday we were better with our passing game during the 1st half

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:07am On Nov 14, 2015
Lalasticlala: 10/10 ??

Is the mod now in Super Eagles nii?

Jarus shaa.. grin grin

Martins really tried despite playing in the midfield.

2 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by isaco(m): 8:10am On Nov 14, 2015
My view about football, I don't know why nig see ourselves as must not loose n must not draw team.football is no more by name but by what any team parade on pitch at a given time. Go to Europe some unknown team beat world known teams. As per yesterday game, our opponent came to defend n break us on counter. I also observe thety r faster than us. The greatest error in d game from our coach is removing Mikel, any of our attackers should have been removed for marthins. U can see marthins who suppose to score end up playing in d midfield. Anyway. That's football, let's plan well for d next game. Thanks.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by Qelvin(m): 8:11am On Nov 14, 2015
Jarus:

If you kick the ball over the bar or to the side or made a wrong pass in box 18, or your ball hit a defender, you are wasting scoring opportunities but keeper is not involved!
true but then I watched the game,and even though we didn't look our best..I can't think of any decent threat posed by the Swazi attack in our 18 yard except for one defensive slip that saw Ikeme pull off a world class save with this feet off a rare attack from the host,except you count half chances and speculative long shots as goal scoring opportunities? then maybe the Swazi's had the better of that...Nigeria on the other hand missed more gilt-edged chances with Ighalo,Musa,and Mikel been the biggest culprits. On fair balance of the game,if both teams had taken their chances...then it would have ended with Nigeria 3 vs Swazi 1(or maybe 2)..I believe we will beat them in the return leg but Martins and Nacho have to start that game.

2 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by isaco(m): 8:28am On Nov 14, 2015
Oche211:
For the very poor nd disgraceful performances that dis players displayed this evening, they deserve minus 1 ( - 1 ) from their ratings each.
what is disgraceful about a draw away from home.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by Favparis(f): 8:45am On Nov 14, 2015
Why are you guys bringing in Biafra issue here again?
Must you Biafralise everything?
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by JAROO1: 9:28am On Nov 14, 2015
all about Nigeria is foul, they can't find a good player to use them, I know many players who is cable to play but when it's tim for screening they just pick those that his brother or sister is on the chair.
but if they reach for those that cam out from poor families, they wil jsut give him prize, the guy wil jsut runaway due to he hav never seen the such amount, so they gonna sack him with priz.
I watched Nigeria match yesterday, they don't hav a good 9, no 11, no 8, I don't know what Mike was doing.
NIGERIA is now expired
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by femifemo123: 11:30am On Nov 14, 2015
Oliseh n try at all angry
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland by Oche211(m): 1:06pm On Nov 14, 2015
isaco:
what is disgraceful about a draw away from home.
are u calling dat draw. Probably u didn't watch d match bt just heard d scoreline. Swaziland were more nd well coordinated in d second half than our eagles. Imagine a player rated 2 in a match.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shehu Abdullahi In Tear As He Bids Farewell To Anorthosis Famagusta / Ahmed Musa Wins Nigerian Footballer Of The Year Award / NFF Reacts To FIFA Disciplinary Committee Sanction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.