Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister (38336 Views)

Nigeria Extends Mtn's $5.2bn Fine Payment / ..still On MTN $5.2bn Fine / MTN Nigeria To Pay $5.2bn Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by lasisi69(f): 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2015
Alanjeffy:

receive sense jwoh. everything end time.
let me worry about it
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2015
What is this sentiment for? Jeez!
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by yomi007k(m): 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2015
manny4life:
Again, the fine is too heavy-handed, in the real world, there is a reduction and full penalty comes after several penalties of noncompliance. MTN deserves to be fined but NOT to the tune of $5.2 billion, that's just excessive.
Wat yardstick do u use to say it is excessive?

Were dey not warned? They were fully aware of the amount they will be fined, they just didn't care becos dey felt Nigeria is a crappy country.

They never respected us.

Pls let d law take its course.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by jublazer(m): 10:23pm On Nov 13, 2015
sad
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by lasisi69(f): 10:23pm On Nov 13, 2015
360ng:

you need to visit the nearest clinic for medical help.Thank You
it's either u like me or something else... Cause I don't see how it's your business
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by ThisMeansWAR: 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
i hope mr shitu will not let mtn of the hook after a big brown envelope.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
lasisi69:
let me worry about it

end time dude.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by goshen26: 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
We are watching ***
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by lasisi69(f): 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
Alanjeffy:

end time dude.
Alan Yorke
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Damalex4luv(m): 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2015
jomoh:
I doubt the ability of this man to perform up to expectation in that ministry.
Direct your question to Buhari and take his place undecided undecidedAnoufia
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by 360ng: 10:27pm On Nov 13, 2015
lasisi69:
it's either u like me or something else... Cause I don't see how it's your business

Like you ? ? ? ? grin grin grin .. i guess you also need spiritual help.. this one don pass medical matter angry
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by symbianDON(m): 10:27pm On Nov 13, 2015
chymystique:
I really dont know why they are using MTN as a scapegoat cause we all know other telecom giants in Nigeria are guilty of this same offence. Wareva though
i really don't think mtn was singled out as a scapegoat though. NCC claims that while every other network provider showed signs of compliance to appreciable extents, mtn on the other hand showed NO SIGN of compliance. i think they merit what came to them. however, i expect the NCC to show some measure of leniency and scale down the fine to something payable.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by manny4life(m): 10:30pm On Nov 13, 2015
yomi007k:

Wat yardstick do u use to say it is excessive?

Were dey not warned? They were fully aware of the amount they will be fined, they just didn't care becos dey felt Nigeria is a crappy country.

They never respected us.

Pls let d law take its course.

I don't work for MTN but if I were to assess based on their statement, that's almost 30% of their revenue (Nigerian group). Now tell me, had MTN not been a group of companies, isn't this enough to bankrupt them?
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Banter1(m): 10:30pm On Nov 13, 2015
The fine sef too small.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by lasisi69(f): 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2015
360ng:

Like you ? ? ? ? grin grin grin .. i guess you also need spiritual help.. this one don pass medical matter angry
Satan get behind me
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by jomoh: 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2015
Damalex4luv:
Direct your question to Buhari and take his place undecided undecidedAnoufia
Did you just referred to your generation as Anuofia?

FYI he's from my state.

Omo Ale.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by mradjoy(m): 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2015
Using sledge hammer to kill mosquito? MTN don't worry just go n pay ok?
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
lasisi69:
Alan Yorke

Lol. end time lasisi
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
lasisi69:
Alan Yorke

Lol. end time lasisi
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by lasisi69(f): 10:34pm On Nov 13, 2015
Alanjeffy:

Lol.
end time lasisi
no mind me and my end time... Just being happy and silly at the same time
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 13, 2015
chymystique:
I really dont know why they are using MTN as a scapegoat cause we all know other telecom giants in Nigeria are guilty of this same offence. Wareva though
perhaps they are the largest service provider. on the hand they broke the law. And it was their network that was used to perpetuate kidnapping of the former minister so it's logical for NCC to be angry. apart from that, the other operators at times disobey order especially glo mobile. imagine NCC told MTN stop family and friends on true talk but glo's family and friends still work. One of the reason given was that network operators shouldn't form a club were selected numbers below the connectivity rates
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by yomi007k(m): 10:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
manny4life:

I don't work for MTN but if I were to assess based on their statement, that's almost 30% of their revenue (Nigerian group). Now tell me, had MTN not been a group of companies, isn't this enough to bankrupt them?

Any individual,company, or nation that breaks already stated law or breeches contract should be punished.

If the go bankrupt, other networks will take their place. They won't be the first.

Let's imbibe n do the right thing at all level n times.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Banter1(m): 10:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
manny4life:

I can't believe a Nigerian is defending a foreign company MTN. After breaching the Law. I feel no pity for MTN.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Holyfield1(m): 10:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
MTN pay asap, my 100 naira wey u deduct today still dey vex me,Imagine o my people, I loaded 100 naira card few days ago,normally I only flash,I seldom call so I can use the 100 naira card for up to 3 weeks cool I wanted to flash someone today when I heard ''Your account is too low for this call bla bla bla.....checked my balance immediately and I saw 0.33kobo...E pain me o.....MTN if una no won collapse patapata better pay up that shiit

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Dimsteel(m): 10:37pm On Nov 13, 2015
MTN hurry and pay up joor grin
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by yomi007k(m): 10:38pm On Nov 13, 2015
This minister they joke with him job.

I'm not sorry for him
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by manny4life(m): 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2015
Banter1:
I can't believe a Nigerian is defending a foreign company MTN. After breaching the Law. I feel no pity for MTN.

Please refrain from alluding to a wrongful position I haven't taken. I haven't supported them, I simply said the fines are heavy-handed. Don't get it wrong. Just because someone committed a crime of theft doesn't mean he should get the death penalty.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 13, 2015
they should pay the fine in full o! if they want to leave let them leave, others will take their place but we know and they know they can't afford the leave their biggest market.

They should suck it up and behave themselves in future.

you break the law you pay, BP, Volkswagen, it's the same all over the world it's only here that we negotiate and get sentimental. The fine is punitive for a reason, if you keep negotiating down fines, every company then feels they can break the law and negotiate with us, then companies start making decisions based on financial opportunity/ fine as opposed to compliance with the law.

excessive fines (for those who feel it's excessive) are meant to discourage reckless behaviour thats why in law there is something called punitive damages.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by manny4life(m): 10:40pm On Nov 13, 2015
yomi007k:

Any individual,company, or nation that breaks already stated law or breeches contract should be punished.

If the go bankrupt, other networks will take their place. They won't be the first.

Let's imbibe n do the right thing at all level n times.

Well then... It is well.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 13, 2015
somebody must have been bribed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet Yusuf Sambo, The Nigerian Engineer Leading Scotland’s 5G Revolution / 6 Money Myths That Has Left So Many Nigerians Broke / Which Bank Mobile App Has The Best User Interface In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.