Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister (38337 Views)

Nigeria Extends Mtn's $5.2bn Fine Payment / ..still On MTN $5.2bn Fine / MTN Nigeria To Pay $5.2bn Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by clemzo101(m): 2:42am On Nov 14, 2015
Pls after MTN's burial next is DSTV, this two south Africa countries are milking this country dry. I use Mtn but Bleep dem, its tym for Nigeria to take charge of some of this businesses. If they want to remain dey shld adhere strictly to the laws of the land. No Nigerian or Nigerian company can misbehave in dere country but dey come to this fucking country and fucking misbehave. Kindly fucking throw dem out. Nonesense

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by arabianights: 2:52am On Nov 14, 2015
chymystique:
I really dont know why they are using MTN as a scapegoat cause we all know other telecom giants in Nigeria are guilty of this same offence. Wareva though

My dear, if mtn had a case, they would have presented it well instead of begging.why dont you simply read up on what Mtn had been doing all those times but werte over looked.

Their own is just too much.Total outright effontry and disrespect of Directives amongst other moves they had been making.I dont blame them, out past corrupt he goats gave them the lead way for that

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by arabianights: 2:54am On Nov 14, 2015
nifton:

I dont think so,the penalty was well spelt out prior to the deadline. Mtn shud av done the needfull,but u know they feel its Nigeria and anything goes.They have to pay that fine so other expatriate companies doing business here will sit up.

thank you.especially those idiots that flood nigeria with their country people as if its their father's backyard......

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by arabianights: 2:59am On Nov 14, 2015
The fine has the potential to escalate into a trade or diplomatic spat with South Africa, the continent’s other pre-eminent economic heavyweight, although Pretoria has so far played down the risk of wider fallout.

Can we try iy in S>A? maganan banza. this shittu should be very careful am suspecting him
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by jamexborn(m): 3:23am On Nov 14, 2015
ikechukwu354:
I know this has no business with this thread but its important thank you

Its no longer news hearing the ongoing protests in various part of the SE by the IPOB youths. In as much as I'm of the SE extraction, I want my fellow South Easterners to be rational and objective in their thinking. Biafra shouldn't be our priority now.
The reasons why I'm of the opinion that Biafra shouldn't be our priority are:
1. Most powerful Igbos leaders are against it: Those of us with strong memories would agree with me that Nnamdi Kanu isn't the first person to follow this path.
Years ago during Obasanjo's administration, Mr Ralph Uwazurike the leader of MASSOB attempted something similar. What was the result...he spent years locked up in an underground cell, his members were jailed many are still in jail as we speak, some even lost their precious lives.
The then igbo leaders who even had the senate leadership then did nothing, why cos they weren't ready to relinquish their positions and Federal Government appointments for Uwazurike's movement.
If nothing was done by the SE leaders then, what makes the youths so certain that they'll lift a finger towards their course now considering the fact that most of our leaders are self centered?
2. Thousands and even millions of South Easterners are likely going to be plunged into the job market upon declaration of Biafra: Its most likely that if the biafran dream is actualized today, Igbos working in various Nigerian government parastatals across the federation would automatically loose their job. Starting from Igbos in the military (Army, Airforce and Navy), to Civil Service, to the Nigerian Police Force, NSCDC, Customs, Immigration, FRSC, EFCC, ICPC, The Ministry, Ministers and Senators from the biafran territory will no longer be recognized in the Nigerian Senate, ...etc.
Can we cope with that, noting that the current economy of some SE states isn't something to be proud about, and we can't even secure employment for those living there how much more when you have a mass exodus of people relocating home. How will they survive?
Germany requested for thousands of Syrian refugees because they have a very good economy to settle them in months.
We should understand that if Biafra is declared, a similar mass exodus would be experienced.
Question is do we have a plan to absorb the thousands who probably would be relieved of their duties by the Nigerian Federal Government into the biafran economy and create such parastatals for them with a short period of time so they can work and take care of their families?
These are questions we need to ask ourselves.
3. The SE is improvised: We deserve a good leadership in the SE not biafra: Currently, we lack good roads, we lack constant electricity, we lack well equipped government primary and secondary schools, we lack portable drinking water...etc. Why should secession be our priority?
Few months ago, Afikpo youths comprising of Amasiri, Edda, Uwanna...etc blocked the roads to protest 2years of blackout in Afikpo. (The thread was even on Nairaland) I witnessed that protest live cos I was in Amasiri (Ebotrans park) en route Abakaliki and was delayed by the protesters for over an hour because the whole roads leading to Abakaliki were all blocked.
If Afikpo which is agurably the second largest town with the best economy in Ebonyi state after Abakaliki can be in darkness for 2years, then I think its time for us to go back to the drawing board. Cos we can't expect the biafra economy to survive in darkness.
We should also be bothered about the number of our educated minds finding their way to other geopolitical zones outside the SE in search of greener pastures. That's another indication to tell us that our economy needs serious rehabilitation.
If we're so bent on making biafra a reality then we should beginning to hold our leaders accountable to every promise they made to us during the past elections
Great nations are ruled by great minds not thieves, crooks and heartless looters camouflaging themselves as leaders to enrich their 20th generation.
It is time for the Igbo youths to come together and reverse the trend of ubiquitous leadership ravishing igbo land and put up a system that would enable the best of us emerge as leaders.
Our leaders are our problem, therefore we should direct our aggression towards them. Because even if the biafran dream becomes a reality, I doubt we would survive up to 3years considering the kind of crooks we have as leaders.
We should try to understand that Biafra isn't the solution to the problems we're currently facing in the SE. If we fail to address the issue of bad leadership then biafra will be a case of "Dead On Arrival".
4. Inability to stand Independently: A child only thinks of leaving his parents home to cater for himself when feels he's matured enough to survive independently.
If we're sincere enough, you'll all agree with me that most SE states cannot survive without FG allocation. Currently people in Ebony are experiencing serious hardship. No thanks to the Governorrr (Dave) who has slashed their salaries for no good reason. Imo state isn't left out of the suffering as state workers there are also experiencing hardship as well.
We have FG allocations yet our Governors cannot pay their workers, and cannot make the state habitable for its people by providing basic amenities. What do you think would happen if the allocation stops?
A few years back when Rochas announced that he wants all secondary schools in imo state to put on a particular school uniform. Yes it was a welcome development to reduce discrimination's amongst schools. But most people frowned a. Don't waste your precious lives, MASSOB Anyi.E Kwenyerem Nigïria Ga Adikwa Ukwúú ÖZÖ.

your no 3 point is a lie, I served in the thick forest of Libolo Edda and we had lights.......... its not up to a year now
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by me69: 4:58am On Nov 14, 2015
Mtn has stole not less that 7000 naira from my sim. Investigate them and recober our money

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by aryke(m): 4:58am On Nov 14, 2015
jomoh:
I doubt the ability of this man to perform up to expectation in that ministry.
you have the right t
o doubt..but is too early for u
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by gbolee: 5:05am On Nov 14, 2015
A lot of us are just crazy about the fine that MTN should pay but have quickly forgotten that this same company is putting food on the table of over 10,000 Nigerian citizens. We are quick to criticise but fail to analyse the ripple effect afterwards. In a country where unemployment is at its explosion stage and we are insisting that a company that has helped reduced unemployment rate and increased the standard of living of the Nigerian citizens to pay fine that is as much as some countries Budget. How many companies in Nigeria can pay that fine and still able to operate. Oil companies have been spilling oil and depleting our Ozone layer with flared Gas and they have never been fined this much. What will happen if MTN decides to pack and leave Nigeria today, will NCC or Federal Government employ the over 10,000 Nigerians that will lose their Job. We need to also remember that it is Nigerian citizens that are also working for them here not South Africans. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Frankiss44(m): 5:13am On Nov 14, 2015
We all know the fine wad excessive.. No company in the world has been this much.. NCC were just being stupid with such amount.. It sends a wrong message to investors.. After all the noise, MTN will end up paying maybe just 20 percent of this crazy fine... The Communication Minister's body language is already suggesting so
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by jomoh: 5:37am On Nov 14, 2015
aryke:

you have the right t
o doubt..but is too early for u

I know it is too early but something in me just can't shake it off. Don't get me wrong we have everything in common same religion, same state but I just have an hunch.

I just hope am wrong.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by EmekaBlue(m): 5:50am On Nov 14, 2015
MUST PAY OR LEAVE....
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by tos4u(m): 5:59am On Nov 14, 2015
STOP CONSTITUTING NUISSANCE WTH DIS UR BIAFRA THREAD ON EVERY OTHER THREAD. WE ARE TIRED OF READING IT OVER AGAIN.
U NEED CANE OOOO
[quote author=ikechukwu354 post=39994760]I know this has no business with this thread but its important thank you

Its no longer news hearing the ongoing protests in various part of the SE by the IPOB youths. In as much as I'm of the SE extraction, I want my fellow South Easterners to be rational and objective in their thinking. Biafra shouldn't be our priority now.
1. Most powerful Igbos leaders are against it: Those of us with strong memories would agree with me that Nnamdi Kanu isn't the first person to follow this path.
Years ago during Obasanjo's administration, Mr Ralph Uwazurike the leader of MASSOB attempted something similar. What was the result...he spent years locked up in an underground cell, his members were jailed many are still in jail as we speak, some even lost their precious lives.
The then igbo leaders who even had the senate leadership then did nothing, why cos they weren't ready to relinquish their positions and Federal Government appointments for Uwazurike's movement.
If nothing was done by the SE leaders then, what makes the youths so certain that they'll lift a finger towards their course now considering the fact that most of our leaders are self cente
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by ElCapone(m): 6:00am On Nov 14, 2015
Jusmudi:
MTN plz go nd pay, my 100naira card u collect 4 learning English wen I nr register Dey pain me. My God Dey fight 4 me
SECONDED!!!
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by miqos02(m): 6:01am On Nov 14, 2015
ok
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by blackpanda: 6:12am On Nov 14, 2015
I hope South Africans can see the level of maturity being displayed by Nigeria. While they are busy killing and maiming people out of envy and hate, we are looking at how to accomodate a company that has blatantly violated our laws.

This shld be a lesson to them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 14, 2015
lasisi69:
no mind me and my end time... Just being happy and silly at the same time

Lol. not only yu bro. Buh that's what fits the country now cos without it...yu will be thinking much.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 14, 2015
All of you saying mtn should go ,better have a rethink... What happens to all the accounts (banks,national ID card etc) registered with our mtn number.. So many things will be disorganized ,queue will spring up again in banks etc hmm!
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by petiteee(f): 6:49am On Nov 14, 2015
lasisi69:
End time network
ve noticed this ur moniker undecided the only thing u say on everypost is endtime! Shuuuu
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by 360ng: 6:50am On Nov 14, 2015
Rexnegro:

why? comment like this dey vex me cos e dey encourage disobedience ehn...u dey pity them but u no pity all those family wey arm robbers , kidnapper etc use unregistered sims to perpetrate evil upon.... mehnnn I really dey pity ur hubby or hubby to be o

#DumbAss... Since you dont understand my comment Why not you shut your gutter up?? you're a poor excuse of a boyfriend/husband.. Sily thing..
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Pyroxene: 7:01am On Nov 14, 2015
This is the best time NCC can use to make a lot of structural, policy and procedural changes within MTN,
Changes as the company relates to data
Changes as it relates to call tarrifs
Changes as it relates to staffing and outsourcing to indians
Changes as it relates to cooperate/Social responsibility
Changes as it relates to VAS
Changes as it relates to Promotional offers
An all round change

And in a situation on non-compliance, double to current penalty should be given to them.
NB: the changes MUST NOT be negotiable

This is my only comment as regards the issue
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 14, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
This is a heartless and inhumane fine that will affect MTN. Nigerians need MTN more than it needs Nigerians as it can still make profits from 19 other countries, tho not as much.

you just read Nigeria is mtns largest market , and account for 37% of the mtn groups revenue...so I ask you again ... who needs mtn
the problem is that you all don't know the potential of this country. within 2 months(if mtn leaves naija) airtel, etisalat and glo will upgrade to absorb more users and I bet a new foreign telecoms firm will invest in naija.

haven't you asked yourself why MTN disobeyed the directive and ignored the memos/warnings from NCC? because they felt ABOVE THE NIGERIAN LAW. imagine that!

also I can guarantee you that south Africa needs naija more than naija needs south Africa that is why their govt is being silent and backing the naija govts actions whilst urging us to tender justice with mercy.

if we pursue shop rite, Oracle , stanbic, mtn , dstv etc what economic retaliation can s/a do how many. naija companies Dey shine for S/A??

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Pyroxene: 7:20am On Nov 14, 2015
If we form more than 1/3rd the revenue the group make globally. Then we need to be treated well, first step is reviewing what benefits south africa and south african are enjoying from the network and we triple such benefits here, MTN SA does not outsource but MTNN does. MTN SA does not give exorbitant tariff charges but MTNN goes the list of benefits is enormous and we are their golden goose yet we are fed like a stray away penguin. If they want to remain then we need to see CHANGES for Nigeria and Nigerians
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Stoical: 7:22am On Nov 14, 2015
MTN, no offence, just pay up n rest...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Stoical: 7:26am On Nov 14, 2015
When I hear peole say the fine is too much for MTN, I wonder if we do reason in this country. You register a company, u are given terms and conditions. You have lawyers to read and interprete them for you. Yet, you go against the rules. Time to pay came, you call it names...abeg, does MTN or any other network for that matter gives us chance to understand their own terms and condition? Won't they send us annoying messages and then say T & C applies...Yet what the T/C are, we don't know.
Abeg, make them pay up and rest jareh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by LEXYCOM: 7:30am On Nov 14, 2015
Then they should stop sending me unwanted sms
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Pyroxene: 7:33am On Nov 14, 2015
I for one I'm not really interested in money cos the painful truth is when they pay fellow Nigerians we ll not see the money, it ll go to d nigerians that already have more than sufficient, while we that are clamouring for MTN to pay will not get 1naira, this cash can be spread tru every Nigerian Alive ryt now as I speak and each one ll get a sizeable amount. What I push for is Changes in the way things are done in MTNN, cheap data. 500 naira unlimited monthly data, calls as low as 3naira per minute.. People will call more, employ Nigerians and pay them well and not outsource tru either stingy Nigerians or stingy Indians etc
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by adaxxy: 7:51am On Nov 14, 2015
Lucwaizy:
It is a pity but we are watching
pity my black ass grin they must pay
They must pay.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by 14(m): 7:59am On Nov 14, 2015
clemzo101:
Pls after MTN's burial next is DSTV, this two south Africa countries are milking this country dry. I use Mtn but Bleep dem, its tym for Nigeria to take charge of some of this businesses. If they want to remain dey shld adhere strictly to the laws of the land. No Nigerian or Nigerian company can misbehave in dere country but dey come to this fucking country and fucking misbehave. Kindly fucking throw dem out. Nonesense

If MTN decides to move out, that wont be the end of it. They have 19 other countries where they operate. Instead of Mtn making a profit of $100, they would make $63, thats still significant. At the end of all this, Nigeria will be the looser than MTN, mtn will continue printing money in other countries whereas Nigeria will be left with a tag of "Investors unfriendly". In a country that needs a massive FDI to pull its poor population out of poverty, you dont become that harsh. All the potential investors are watching this, who is gonna risk their hard earned cash and invest it in an envirinment where there is no save gaurantees of their investments. It would be like throwing money into a bottonless pit. As it stands, its a slippery slope for nigeria, with crude oil price at its lowest, poverty at doorstep.

Naspers multichoice DStv is just a small business compare to the rest of Naspers businesses. So if nigeria forces DStv to pull out, it wont be felt by naspers $100billion Businesses, DStv only makes up 7% of naspers profit in the entire continent, so nigeria probably makes 1% of that. Once you start chasing investors away, the country suffers, ask Zimbabwe.
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by ELGREF(m): 8:02am On Nov 14, 2015
Plsss attend this justice with mercy, let 4give them and allow this one to stand as warning,at least they invest into this economic in dark day,when others are afraid to invest their money in our black economic.......,Nigeria shld not throw away a cane use to kill poverty....
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by SpotlezDonald25(m): 8:03am On Nov 14, 2015
ikechukwu354:
I know this has no business with this thread but its important thank you

If nothing was done by the SE leaders then, what makes the youths so certain that they'll lift a finger towards their course now considering the fact that most of our leaders are self centered?
2. Thousands and even millions of South Easterners are likely going to be plunged into the job market upon declaration of Biafra: Its most likely that if the biafran dream is actualized today, Igbos working in various Nigerian government parastatals across the federation would automatically loose their job. Starting from Igbos in the military (Army, Airforce and Navy), to Civil Service, to the Nigerian Police Force, NSCDC, Customs, Immigration, FRSC, EFCC, ICPC, The Ministry, Ministers and Senators from the biafran territory will no longer be recognized in the Nigerian Senate, ...etc.
Can we cope with that, noting that the current economy of some SE states isn't something to be proud about, and we can't even secure employment for those living there how much more when you have a mass exodus of people relocating home. How will they survive?
Germany requested for thousands of Syrian refugees because they have a very good economy to settle them in months.
We should understand that if Biafra is declared, a similar mass exodus would be experienced.
Question is do we have a plan to absorb the thousands who probably would be relieved of their duties by the Nigerian Federal Government into the biafran economy and create such parastatals for them with a short period of time so they can work and take care of their families?
These are questions we need to ask ourselves.
3. The SE is improvised: We deserve a good leadership in the SE not biafra: Currently, we lack good roads, we lack constant electricity, we lack well equipped government primary and secondary schools, we lack portable drinking water...etc. Why should secession be our priority?
Few months ago, Afikpo youths comprising of Amasiri, Edda, Uwanna...etc blocked the roads to protest 2years of blackout in Afikpo. (The thread was even on Nairaland) I witnessed that protest live cos I was in Amasiri (Ebotrans park) en route Abakaliki and was delayed by the protesters for over an hour because the whole roads leading to Abakaliki were all blocked.
If Afikpo which is agurably the second largest town with the best economy in Ebonyi state after Abakaliki can be in darkness for 2years, then I think its time for us to go back to the drawing board. Cos we can't expect the biafra economy to survive in darkness.
We should also be bothered about the number of our educated minds finding their way to other geopolitical zones outside the SE in search of greener pastures. That's another indication to tell us that our economy needs serious rehabilitation.
If we're so bent on making biafra a reality then we should beginning to hold our leaders accountable to every promise they made to us during the past elections
Great nations are ruled by great minds not thieves, crooks and heartless looters camouflaging themselves as leaders to enrich their 20th generation.
It is time for the Igbo youths to come together and reverse the trend of ubiquitous leadership ravishing igbo land and put up a system that would enable the best of us emerge as leaders.
Our leaders are our problem, therefore we should direct our aggression towards them. Because even if the biafran dream becomes a reality, I doubt we would survive up to 3years considering the kind of crooks we have as leaders.
We should try to understand that Biafra isn't the solution to the problems we're currently facing in the SE. If we fail to address the issue of bad leadership then biafra will be a case of "Dead On Arrival".
4. Inability to stand Independently: A child only thinks of leaving his parents home to cater for himself when feels he's matured enough to survive independently.
If we're sincere enough, you'll all agree with me that most SE states cannot survive without FG allocation. Currently people in Ebony are experiencing serious hardship. No thanks to the Governor (Dave) who has slashed their salaries for no good reason. Imo state isn't left out of the suffering as state workers there are also experiencing hardship as well.
We have FG allocations yet our Governors cannot pay their workers, and cannot make the state habitable for its people by providing basic amenities. What do you think would happen if the allocation stops?
A few years back when Rochas announced that he wants all secondary schools in imo state to put on a particular school uniform. Yes it was a welcome development to reduce discrimination's amongst schools. But most people frowned at him when he contracted the job to a Chinese company.
Why would a governor contract a job to a Chinese company for billions of naira when there are so many indigenous companies in the SE that would do it for a far lesser amount?
If our leaders are interested in developing the SE why have they refused to invest in the numerous untapped resources in the SE?
Or are they scared that their successors would become the direct benefactors when they leave office?
Isn't that a myopic way of reasoning?
5. Dis-unity and inability to make accurate political calculations: From the 1999 till date, while people of other regions had managed to unite behind their candidate of choice in virtually all elections that had been held, we have always failed to do so.
I wasn't born during the civil war so I have very little knowledge about Ojukwu's acceptance by the general Igbo populace then.
But I remember vividly in 2003 how he (Ojukwu) lost that election in the SE to PDP's Obasanjo. It was recorded that Obasanjo had a thrilling 69.46% of votes from the SE. If we sincerely wanted power that year why didn't we rally round Ojukwu and give him our support like we did during the civil war?
Even when Alex Ekwueme contested the PDP primaries against Obasanjo the same year (2003). That attempt clearly outlined the dis unity amongst our leaders, because most PDP governors of SE states openly campaigned against their own son and supported the same Obsanjo.
Ever since I became knowledgeable of the events happening around me, I've never witnessed any election in Nigeria where we (Igbos) emphatically agreed and produced a candidate of the Igbo extraction acceptable to the whole nation and backed him aggressively. Just as President Buhari was backed by his kinsmen and practically other tribes.
In all the elections however from 1999-till date, we (Igbos) have failed to present a formidable candidate.
We don't even have a formidable political party to start with in the SE. The APGA which was created by Ojukwu has only the governorship seat in Anambra state to boast of.
The North and the SW easily formed an alliance because they had formidable parties they were all loyal to.
My point is that if we cannot determine our political relevance here in Nigeria, we'll keep having problems among ourselves should biafra become a reality.
Solution: We are all Nigerians so we should work towards the growth of this country. To my IPOB brothers, I will say sheath your swords. Don't waste your precious lives, MASSOB has followed that path, and today their members in jail are yet to get justice and those that lost their lives as a result of the struggle have been forgotten. If you die in this struggle you will be forgotten, your name wouldn't even be mentioned anywhere as a hero. Our leaders don't care, their kids are all abroad so when a stray bullet from a happy trigger policeman hits you, you're gone. No justice!
Anyi Ga-eme Mbaa Ka Ódi Ukwuu Ma Öbúrú Na Agbúrú Nille Ga Etikota Aka Rúó Órú Ma Gharakwa Ì Na-ata Ndi Ózó Uta Mgbe Ihe Mgberede Dakwasiri Anyi.E Kwenyerem Nigïria Ga Adikwa Ukwúú ÖZÖ.

Nwannem u've said it all... I so much love this,, but that's if they'll receive sense frm dis and be useful with themselves.. Most of this IPOB members are very much jobless and yet they are bent on making biafra a success.

I be nwafor igbo, buh will never and I repeat never be in support of this Biafra sh*** because I forsee more sufferings and hardship in SE if Biafra succeeds, 3 yrs is too small, I'm talking abt more dan a decade to stabilize the. Economy of SE and dats if our so called greedy SE leaders will assist.

Thank u very much Mr Ikechukwu.
God bless of u
Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by kevade: 8:08am On Nov 14, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:
This is a heartless and inhumane fine that will affect MTN. Nigerians need MTN more than it needs Nigerians as it can still make profits from 19 other countries, tho not as much.

Please how is Nnamdi Kanu a trusted leader? A man who uses insults and hate to propagate an agenda he probably doesn't understand. A man who calls a country a zoo and yet uses the zoos passport as a means of identification.

You claim there is no federal presence in the south East yet can you count the number of south easterners that have been part of successive Governments in this country?

For you to clamour for self determination you must be economically viable. Y do you think we have massive migration of youths from the east to all other parts of the WORLD? Apart from Anambra state every other eastern state applied for the bail out funds to pay salaries.i.e overhead. Doesn't that speak volumes. The states could not generate incomes to cater for their overheads and you want to secede! Please let us stop being bamboozled with ethnic sentiments and start to hold our leaders accountable. The youths of the South east should start to realise that their blind agitation will only get them killed or incarcerated. We must de-emphasize Biafra as a state or nation but emphasize it as a people of a great nation NIGERIA.

Re: Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 14, 2015
So it's up to MTN abi, oga minister SHIT, sorry Shittu. The more bribe they offer, the more reduction in fine. Kai see #change.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet Yusuf Sambo, The Nigerian Engineer Leading Scotland’s 5G Revolution / 6 Money Myths That Has Left So Many Nigerians Broke / Which Bank Mobile App Has The Best User Interface In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.