Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,667 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Why The Niger Deltans Should Join Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Niger Deltans Should Join Biafra (779 Views)

Southern Kaduna Will Join Biafra If Nigeria Breaks Up – John Danfulani / Why Ndi Igbo And Niger Deltans Should Boycott Feb Mega Protest / Niger Deltans Drag FG To Ecowas Court Over Oil Blocks Ownership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Niger Deltans Should Join Biafra by Shed24(m): 10:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
Although some Igbo States like Abia and Imo State are among the Niger Delta states. But I strongly believe that South South and South East are One. We share comon believe and culture. We love each other very well and no crisis have been recorded between the two regions since the inception of the failure of a country called Niger Area (Nigeria)
Whenever there is crisis in the north we the south south and south east are been targeted. We have suffered more death in their hand than other tribes in Nigeria, so we need to free ourselves from them.
" Biafra is More Ijaw, Ibibio, Oron, Ogoni Etc Than Igbo" – Asari Dokubo
1 THE LAST PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
We the south East love the south south as our blood brothers. For instance during the last concluded Presidential Election, we the South East supported our brother Goodluck Ebele Jonathan with our last blood, buhari was unable to get upto5% vote in the entire south East. When he lost the election the South East was too calm as if we were mourning the death of our beloved Son. I could remember that after de result I was unable to eat anything becuase my appitite was completely lost, I was fillled with anger and vexation that our brother Rotimi Amechi contributed to failing our loved son Goodluck.
2 THE KILLING OF KEN SARO WIWA BY THE NORTHNERS
On the 10th of November 1995 when the Nigerian Government led by late military dictator Gen. Abacha killed one of the greatest Biafran author and activist Ken Saro Wiwa and 8 other Ogonis. When the news of his death broke out my late father cried, the Igbos and rest of the world were not happy at all with de development.
3 SHARING OF OIL WELL and OIL BLOCK
Since oil was discovered in Nigeria in the 60s no south south person can boast of controlling a single oil block or Oil well rather it is been shared between the yorubas and hausas. It is very painful that the owner of oil suffers more than other region in the country with continual Oil spilage on their farmland, rivers etc.
4 ROLE OF THE SOUTH SOUTH DURING THE CIVIL WAR
Ojukwu's second in command was from South South in the person of Obong Philip Efiong. Obong Philip Efiong later became the Biafran President when Ojukwu fled to Ivory Coast from November 8 to 12 November 1970. He fought for Biafra with all he had and he died in Aba Abia State in November 6th 2003.
"I am convinced now that a stop must be put to the bloodshed which is going on as a result of the war. I am also convinced that the suffering of our people must be brought to an immediate end." Obong Philp Efiong. I have no regrets whatsoever of my involvement in Biafra or the role I played. The war deprived me of my property, dignity, my name. Yet, I saved so many souls on both sides and by this, I mean Biafra and Nigeria" Obong Philp Efiong. He made this quote when he admitted defeat as the President of Biafra.

Re: Why The Niger Deltans Should Join Biafra by acenazt: 11:03pm On Nov 13, 2015
Igbos and their Hypocritic mindset. So now you are trying to incite the Niger Delta people with These points abi? Please answer me this,why cant you just go away Alone on your journey to obsoleteness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Niger Deltans Should Join Biafra by laudate: 11:04pm On Nov 13, 2015
Cut the crap and just stop this your dirty sermon. Na wetin?? shocked Na by force to join una Biafra?? Can't you people fight your own cause alone??! Must you drag others along with you? Haba!

And kindly stop using the name of the late Obong (Major-General) Philip Asuquo Effiong, the Akangkang Ibiono Ibom to justify your half-baked attempt to lure others to support your escapades. Allow him to rest in peace!
Re: Why The Niger Deltans Should Join Biafra by divinehand2003(m): 11:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
If south south joins biafra, who then becomes minority? For we know that the majority which is south east will see the right to rule always as theirs since they have a greater population. My dear, it's better to divider the country along six geopolitical units so as to proffer equity
Re: Why The Niger Deltans Should Join Biafra by jaymichael(m): 11:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
divinehand2003:
If south south joins biafra, who then becomes minority? For we know that the majority which is south east will see the right to rule always as theirs since they have a greater population. My dear, it's better to divider the country along six geopolitical units so as to proffer equity
They want to be the dominant majority tribe in a Biafra republic with the SS, the same thing they accuse the Northerners of in the same Nigeria they want to break away from, and the same reason they give for their wanting to break away from Nigeria.
Re: Why The Niger Deltans Should Join Biafra by Nobody: 12:15am On Nov 14, 2015
Hang in there Brother... we are coming hard and strong...
Would have long join in, but for the peaceful remarks from our HERO GEJ.
but deter not, he'll soo wake to the realities

(1) (Reply)

Is The US Aiding Terrorism? / Bad Luck Buhari / Why Biafra Is Not Realisable - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.