Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

What Does Jesus Meant When He Said, “except A Man Be Born Again…”? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Jesus Meant When He Said, “except A Man Be Born Again…”? (774 Views)

Born Again Lady, Sylvia Eguonor, Shares Before & After Photos / No Anambra Man Would Let An Enugu Man Be President” – Rev Fr. Mbaka / Bible Gurus In The House, What Did Jesus Meant To Say In Matthew 10:34 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Jesus Meant When He Said, “except A Man Be Born Again…”? by ipreach: 3:44pm On Nov 14, 2015
“There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: The same come to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do all these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.” John 3:1-3

This question has one of those question in that scripture that many people find difficult to answer because of it technicality.

You will observe that Nicodemus only ask Jesus and simple question that led to Jesus giving him a technical answer.
Nicodemus said: “Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do all these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him” but the answer Jesus gave to him is confusing which made the man to be more confused which made him to asked more question: “how can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?” (John 3:4) but the answers he received was not cleared to him and to many of the contemporaries.

Hence, I conducted a little research on Naiaraland, to know what people will say about the scriptural passage. Many peoples’ biggest forum gave their view on the passage. Some trace the answer to the beginning, that is, the time of Adam and Eve, others referred to the time of the prophets. I will pick one of the many comments from the research.

One of the commenters who gave his name as Anas90 said; “To understand what it meant to be born again, you will first and foremost understand what happen in Eden. God told Adam, it you eat from this tree you shall surely die. Eve ate,when she saw that she didn’t die, she gave to her husband who also ate and still didn’t die.

Question: Why didn’t Adam drop dead there and then? Did God lie to them? Of course not. In Isaiah 59:1-3, please read it. When Adam sinned, he died spiritually. He gave up the nature of God which was in him and took up Satan's nature thereby creating a gulf between himself and God. The merciful God didn’t leave him (Adam) in that state. The need for a sacrifice when ever man sins was born. Remember "the soul that sinneth shalt die". Its not dead of the flesh, because after sinning, Adam lived 930 years before dying so it had nothing to do with the flesh.

From then henceforth, any time someone sins, an animal dies in his stead, until Christ came, who will be the sacrificial lamb that needed to die once and for all. No more sacrificing when you sin.
When Christ died, he amend -so to speak- the broken bridge that separated Adam from his God. Jesus gave back to man what he lost in the garden. Its called redemption. Jesus bought back what man lost, with his blood.
So being born again is accepting all over again that nature which Adam lost. The nature of God which is being alive in the spirit. If you don’t have that life, then you are still separated from God. That’s why Jesus is looking for people who will worship him in spirit. If your spirit is not alive how will you worship God who Himself is a spirit.”

When you look at this comment, you may agree with the commenter because being born again is to have a new life in Christ. When a man sinned, he is dead spiritual though he is still living and moving around.
This is the type of soul that Jesus said that must be “born again” because except being born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God. Therefore, if you aspire to see God, you must give your life to Christ right from now.

Written By: Believe All Outreach (www. believe all dot com)

1 Like

Re: What Does Jesus Meant When He Said, “except A Man Be Born Again…”? by Babacele: 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2015
'no one goes to the father except through me' is a metaphor for ' except u adopt my model' irrespective of your religion or do you explain d story of d good Samaritan?
Re: What Does Jesus Meant When He Said, “except A Man Be Born Again…”? by Epimetheus(m): 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2015
OP, first observation: bad English!
Should be "what did Jesus mean"

Talking about being born again, I have a personal life rule: if faced with the option of going to a snake or a self-professed "born again", go to the snake.

.. This is from experience.
Peace
Re: What Does Jesus Meant When He Said, “except A Man Be Born Again…”? by PastorOluT(m): 6:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
Babacele:
'no one goes to the father except through me' is a metaphor for ' except u adopt my model' irrespective of your religion or do you explain d story of d good Samaritan?

Gospel according to u cos dis is not gospel according to Christ.
Re: What Does Jesus Meant When He Said, “except A Man Be Born Again…”? by PastorOluT(m): 6:23pm On Nov 14, 2015
Epimetheus:
OP, first observation: bad English!
Should be "what did Jesus mean"

Talking about being born again, I have a personal life rule: if faced with the option of going to a snake or a self-professed "born again", go to the snake.

.. This is from experience.
Peace

If that is ur experience, then u are yet to meet a born again, which synonyms are born from above, born anew, new life, regenerated, new nature, Christlike etc.

Surely u have not met one if he is not like Christ.
Re: What Does Jesus Meant When He Said, “except A Man Be Born Again…”? by Babacele: 8:00pm On Nov 14, 2015
PastorOluT:

Gospel according to u cos dis is not gospel according to Christ.
please explain the moral of the Good Samaritan by Christ Jesus himself. I want to learn.
Re: What Does Jesus Meant When He Said, “except A Man Be Born Again…”? by miqos02(m): 8:37pm On Nov 14, 2015
hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Miracles: God’s Supernatural Intervention In The Impossibilities Of Men / Sin Against The Holy Spirit / Nigerians And Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.