Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,301 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Cost Of Software Enterpreneurship Programme? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Cost Of Software Enterpreneurship Programme? (1305 Views)

Future Of Software Development In Nigeria In The Next 15 Years / It Incubation Centres: Expect New Generation Of Software Entreprenuers, Johnson / The Importance Of Software Testing And Not Just Software Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Software Enterpreneurship Programme? by Geolalisa(f): 11:41am On Oct 16, 2006
hi everyone,
I have always wanted to go into Sun java programming,but it seems their is a new trend in the programming world that has to do with software enterprenuership.but i have a problem with the cost at NIIT. i don't know about other IT firms,can somebody pls help me with that, i stay in Abuja.thanks.
Re: Cost Of Software Enterpreneurship Programme? by alexis(m): 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2006
what do you mean by software enterprenuership programme? what actually do you want to read and do?
Re: Cost Of Software Enterpreneurship Programme? by Geolalisa(f): 3:41pm On Oct 25, 2006
Alexis, software enterprenuership basically entails sun java but with software enterprenuership u can b self employed i.e being the BOSS of ursf.so software enterprenuership is all about sun java-its a programming course.hope u get it now.
Re: Cost Of Software Enterpreneurship Programme? by candylips(m): 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2006
Do you mean Software Enterprenuership as in Writing software and selling it or what exactly do you mean
Re: Cost Of Software Enterpreneurship Programme? by Geolalisa(f): 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2006
candylips, i think it has to do with that, but don't u think it has something to do with SUN JAVA programming?
Re: Cost Of Software Enterpreneurship Programme? by Bossman(m): 9:04pm On Oct 26, 2006
Java is a programming language (as youare probably aware). So, I am not sure how that relates to Software Enterprenuership Programme. You know, I am not even sure what you are asking.

Geolalisa:

candylips, i think it has to do with that, but don't u think it has something to do with SUN JAVA programming?
Re: Cost Of Software Enterpreneurship Programme? by Geolalisa(f): 11:21am On Oct 27, 2006
Bossman,i think i am missing everything up here.it seems u know the courses so well,can u pls,tell me the differences between software enterprenuership and sun java programming.thank u.
Re: Cost Of Software Enterpreneurship Programme? by parosky(m): 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2006
@Geolalisa

I have very little doubt you know what this software entrepreneural programme or "gini" is all about.
Let them give you their curricullum so that nobody will use big grammar to give you (trick you into) what you are not looking for. That title sounds (to me, though) more like a business thing, not an option for someone looking forward to programming in java (or any other language for that matter).
Re: Cost Of Software Enterpreneurship Programme? by Bossman(m): 2:01pm On Oct 27, 2006
Well, I know java is a programming language introduced by Sun. I am not sure what the software entrepreneurship is or in what context you are referring to. If you want to learn Java programming, get a book, download the JDK, and practice. OTOH, may be you were referring to a course that will teach you Java programming.

Geolalisa:

Bossman,i think i am missing everything up here.it seems u know the courses so well,can u please,tell me the differences between software enterprenuership and sun java programming.thank u.
Re: Cost Of Software Enterpreneurship Programme? by rock2(m): 3:54pm On Oct 27, 2006
Geolalisa,

The best programmers are self taught and besides NIIT dont care about you but your money. Do as bossman has said. Also, i think there can be no software entrepreneurship without first knowing what goes into the development of software (ie programming). try getting a tutorial from the internet or buy an introductory book. If it still looks so strange to you, get someone to take you through briefly, cos if u are really interested u'll follow through. If all fails then you can go to NIIT, APTECH, or some other. these course providers don't help me cos i like to learn at my own pace but they may be good for you (it depends on your current status and how u learn).

i've got a friend who wanted to do java certification exam and went there (NIIT) for a crash course. He left there regretting. He got a good book and prepared himself. Now he is not only certified but a good java programmer too.
not every body's story is the same, so make your choice.
Re: Cost Of Software Enterpreneurship Programme? by candylips(m): 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2006
this is another strategy of theirs to rip people off
Re: Cost Of Software Enterpreneurship Programme? by Geolalisa(f): 12:39pm On Nov 08, 2006
thanks pals i'm grateful.
Re: Cost Of Software Enterpreneurship Programme? by Seun(m): 3:47pm On Nov 10, 2006
Entrepreneurship is not a degree or a certificate. It is something you learn by practicing it every day.
Re: Cost Of Software Enterpreneurship Programme? by wilkanah(m): 9:10am On Nov 28, 2006
NIIT mid this year advertised a Software Entrepreneurship program. I had a peep at the curriculum and it doesn't focus on java or any particular technology but tries at best to introduce you to a wide range of technologies while at the same time it equips you with some business and managerial skills.

course fee was 495,000 naira. i believe this is what the author of this thread was referring to.

Along side this course they also advertised Sun Professional, Oracle Professional and Microsoft Professional programs.
The entrepreneurship program doesn't detail into any one technology but just sort of skims through a variety of technologies. i don't recall in detail but i think there was java, .net, microsoft sql server, soap, some networking, and business and managerial courses. i know the course was for 9mnths and it was targetted at potential software entrepreneurs.

By software entrepreneurs i mean people who are into the software business, not necessarily coders but sell software solutions blah blah. Probably have a team that develops why they run the business pay salaries and make all the profit. Of course they have to have an idea of the various technologies even if they're not pro's, i think tis clear enough.

so this program is not for an intending coder in any one language.

NIIT or any other IT school: i wouldn't write them off like someone did cos i know it always comes down to the individual but frankly i don't know many coders that had thier foundation in any IT school. tis always down to personal work and personal targets and all the experience. but i think an IT school does provide an enabling environment and if u can pay for the opportunity u still have got to make the most of it.

SUCCESS IS A DECISION EVERYONE HAS TO MAKE FOR HIMSELF

(1) (Reply)

How To Create An Android And Ios Application In Just 5 Minutes (VIDEO) / Nigerian Coders This Is For You! / Do I Need Html Knowledge Before I Can Learn Python?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.