Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,294 members, 7,839,440 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Shameful And Decaying State Of Obasanjo's Hometown Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shameful And Decaying State Of Obasanjo's Hometown Road (891 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Obasanjo With President Buhari And Gordon Brown / Our Party Leaders Are Fraudulent, Shameful And Dishonest – Yakubu Dogara Group / APC's Tweets Of Obasanjo Blasting Jonathan, Endorses APC At All Levels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shameful And Decaying State Of Obasanjo's Hometown Road by Dotbex(m): 2:37am On May 19, 2009
I went to Covenant University the other day to process admission for my younger brother, and what i saw was to my utter dismay. The Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway was in a terrible state. I was forced to ask myself why a human being will remain as president for 8yrs, yet the road leading to his hometown is in total decay. A federal road for that matter! I was forced to use another route which was also as bad. There is no doubt that those citizens couldn't have possibly voted PDP in 2007. Obj should be ashamed of himself. In all this, i'd like to give more kudos to Gov. Fashola. The difference was clear. There is no way Ogun state can join in the Mega City Project, with such a show of shame. The streets were filled with filth. When we crossed back to Lagos, my brother confessed that even the 'air' was different
Re: Shameful And Decaying State Of Obasanjo's Hometown Road by ikeyman00(m): 7:10am On May 19, 2009
obj

well it seemed u just wake up! i heard some yoruba sayin a lot on that, emm that obj is such a wicked man, he delibrately left them roads in that condition

well for those appologist me waitin

like some said the yorubas are used to celebrating criminals?
Re: Shameful And Decaying State Of Obasanjo's Hometown Road by yicob(m): 7:23am On May 19, 2009
Should he use his salary to repair the road ? I thought Ogun state has a governor.
Re: Shameful And Decaying State Of Obasanjo's Hometown Road by RICHIEBOI1(m): 8:02am On May 19, 2009
yicob:

Should he use his salary to repair the road ? I thought Ogun state has a governor.

my brother charity they say begins at home.
Re: Shameful And Decaying State Of Obasanjo's Hometown Road by blacksta(m): 8:17am On May 19, 2009
Which road in Nigeria is not a dilapidated state apart from main Abuja?
Re: Shameful And Decaying State Of Obasanjo's Hometown Road by desgiezd(m): 9:13am On May 19, 2009
One question I always ask myself is what happened to the budgets made by OBJ's government for road construction/rehabilitation during his eight years in power. Money was budgeted in billions yet no visible work was done. Everybody was happy when Julius Berger started working and expanded the Ikeja Airport portion of that road and the work progressed towards the Ota toll gate until they stopped work, I guess because of lack of funds, and within this period OBJ's tenure was over. It is interesting that while he was in power he used to fly over this area in choppers and now I guess he too is suffering from the problems encountered on that road daily. I have not been to that area now for some time but people that use the road complain a lot especially about the condition of the road around the toll gate.

yicob:

I thought Ogun state has a governor.

Right now the Ogun governor is involved in too many self inflicted battles to even remember that a road is in bad shape.
Re: Shameful And Decaying State Of Obasanjo's Hometown Road by Fhemmmy: 9:09pm On May 19, 2009
so now cos the ex president is from Ogun state, all their roads has be aiight? not cos it is a state and people lives there?
I think our reason for things are misplaced.
Roads should be fixed cos people resides in those place and the roads are needs to deliver goods and services.
Re: Shameful And Decaying State Of Obasanjo's Hometown Road by MrCrackles(m): 9:12pm On May 19, 2009
He didnt think about it when he was busy awarding fictitious contracts to unscrupulous and thieving elements as well as lining his own pockets!

Bloody waste of human being!
Re: Shameful And Decaying State Of Obasanjo's Hometown Road by ikeyman00(m): 9:47pm On May 19, 2009
desiged
One question I always ask myself is what happened to the budgets made by OBJ's government for road construction/rehabilitation during his eight years in power. Money was budgeted in billions yet no visible work was done. Everybody was happy when Julius Berger started working and expanded the Ikeja Airport portion of that road and the work progressed towards the Ota toll gate until they stopped work, I guess because of lack of funds, and within this period OBJ's tenure was over. It is interesting that while he was in power he used to fly over this area in choppers and now I guess he too is suffering from the problems encountered on that road daily. I have not been to that area now for some time but people that use the road complain a lot especially about the condition of the road around the toll gate.

for the obj appologist!
Re: Shameful And Decaying State Of Obasanjo's Hometown Road by walata44(m): 10:54pm On May 19, 2009
well it seemed u just wake up! i heard some yoruba sayin a lot on that

You are such a bigot. embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Voodoo Politics In Pic / Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North / Police Say Niger Delta Militants Arrested In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.