Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:34 AM

Who Told You........? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Told You........? (682 Views)

Who Told You God Almighty Doesn't Discipline You When You Sin? / Man Told That An Evil Item Is Buried At His Office (Photos) / 6 Horrific Facts About Hell That Your Pastor Never Told You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Told You........? by collinsinchrist(m): 6:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
One of the reasons I prefer a Federal school is the opportunity it offers you to meet divers kind of people. On a particular day in my room in school, a roommate who as come to know Jesus and attends a 'holiness denominational' church, asked me a question. This is not his first attempt at asking me question, sometimes I even get tired answering him because he seems to always want to know about things especially when he is not clear about some matters (biblical). His question this day was 'how I do stop sinning'. I know he attended a church where he was told the moment one gets saved, all the works of the flesh stops. I know he was told he was not saved until he stops certain habits. He probably would have asked his teacher this same question but did not get a satisfying answer so he decided to hear my opinion on it. My answer, as though I knew he was going to ask such question immediately was 'who told you to stop sinning?' The look on his face changed. I guess that was not the answer he was searching for. Prior to this day, he had made comments about wanting to be like me, maybe because I don't shout over little issues, fight over every matter or because I seemed more committed in my church than he does. Aside these I don't know why he uttered such statement. I said that to make him have a rethink. I then drew his attention away from his failures in the flesh to the life of Christ. I explained to him how that a believer ought to cultivate the life he now possess in Christ by walking in the God's word. I showed him from scriptures how that by prioritizing and making a habit of God's word he will give no place for the devil. He soon reasoned with me. He still continued going to that church. If you ask me today this same question today, I will tell you not to stop anything but to start doing the word. #greaterthings
Re: Who Told You........? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
Answer: the bible.
2Ti 2:19]]Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
Actually, God's word leaves no place for sin.

I get and appreciate ur point though, no one can overcome sin by focusing on sin. We become what we focus on. The more we look I into the word the more we become what the word says.
Just wish we could all get the full potential of what u just shared.

1 Like

Re: Who Told You........? by Ajibam: 7:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
That's very good op..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Moving Toward A One World Government / Photos: Pastor's Leg Musnt Touch The Ground Till End Of Sermon?? / What A Nairalander Snapped Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.