Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

RRS Arrests Three Suspected Traffic Robbers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / RRS Arrests Three Suspected Traffic Robbers (443 Views)

Traffic Robbers Union Reacts Over Arrest Of Members / Seven Traffic Robbers Arrested In Lagos (photos) / Lagos traffic Robbers captured by Rapid Response Officers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RRS Arrests Three Suspected Traffic Robbers by moshoodable: 7:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
The operatives of the Rapid Response Squad ( RRS) of the Lagos Police Command, in the wee hours of today arrested three persons for traffic robbery in Oshodi area of Lagos , Southwest Nigeria. The robbery suspects , Adekunle Mustapha, 21; Popoola Olumide , 20 and Femi Amusa, 20 , were arrested following the tip off from their victim , Olasunkanmi Oyelakin , who alerted the Police that his blackberry phone was stolen by the suspects during early morning traffic around Bolade , Oshodi. The victim recounted his ordeals to the Police: “ I was on my way to Ajah at about 6: 30 a. m, I saw Adekunle Mustapha passed by the bus I boarded. Unknown to me , he was monitoring me . A few minutes later, I noticed a missed call on my phone , and as I brought out the phone , Mustapha took the phone from me through the bus window and ran away . Because there was traffic , I made no attempt to struggle with him , but got down from the nearest bus-stop and I began to monitor him . I noticed that he had regrouped with his friends and one of them was telling him to hand over the phone he stole from me . “ I knew I couldn’ t handle the three of them all alone, so I informed the RRS operatives who followed me down to the place where he was arrested” , Oyelakin explained The visibly distraught Mustapha said that he was driven by frustration to steal the handset from him . “ I am a bus conductor in Oshodi. I am from Ibadan and a secondary school dropout . I sleep in Ojuwoye , Mushin . I am an ex – convict . I don ’t want to go to prison again. Government should please have mercy on me . I was frustrated into traffic robbery . I won ’ t do it again ” , he pleaded . Mustapha’ s accomplices , Popoola Olawale and Femi Amusa said that although they saw Mustapha in Oshodi regularly, they were also bus conductors and not traffic robbers . They added that they were in Lagos to make money to buy their working tools having completed their apprenticeship . In another development , RRS has recovered a locally made gun with a cartridge in Surulere. The gun was recovered about 2: 00 a. m. by RRS man on a regular patrol of Iganmu Bridge by Brewery , Surulere. The policeman had spotted three men standing in a suspicious manner . The men on sighting the officer took to their heels. However , when a search was conducted on where the men were standing , a locally made short gun was found with an unspent cartridge. Confirming the story , Deputy Superintendent of Police, DSP Joe Offor said that the three suspects had been charged to court . www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/11/15/rrs-arrests-three-suspected-traffic-robbers/

Re: RRS Arrests Three Suspected Traffic Robbers by ruffcoin99(m): 8:24pm On Nov 15, 2015

(1) (Reply)

See How Armed Robbers Hide Their Guns Inside A Loaf Of Bread Arrested In Rivers / BBC Presenter Breaks Down In Tears While Reporting From Paris / Speaking A Language Other Than Spanish, Although It Does

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.