Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. (45507 Views)

Drug Abuse: Slaymama Poses With Bottles Of Codeine Syrup And Milk. / BBC: 'Sweet Sweet Codeine' - Nigeria’s Deadly Cough Syrup Epidemic Documentary / 3m Bottles Of Codeine-containing Syrup Consumed Daily In Kano, Jigwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by hammariise(m): 11:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
Benelin and Codein Syrup Abuse in Northern Nigeria.
Matter of Urgent Concern by Northern Governors and Leaders!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
Pakalin abi wetin dem call am!

I miss that shiit cool

FTC!!!
Avoid drug abuse!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by tolugar: 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
pure madness.

2 Likes

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
This one na small thing naaa, some northerners dey smoke their own dry poo all in the name of highness.undecided

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by hammariise(m): 11:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
and what should we do about it. If they want to commit voluntary cumulative suicide , who am I to stop them sad
obum88:
I support them. B00hari should send more to IDP camps.

Who cares if they all went kolo
You two are members that's y you support the act

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by dajoaneke(m): 11:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
I reserve my two cent comment.
Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by xmich(m): 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2015
Pls what are they using it for?

6 Likes

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 11:20pm On Nov 15, 2015
hammariise:

You two are members that's y you support the act
I have a fragile system, and won't be caught dead with alcohol, talk less of codeine and recreational drugs. I don't give two f*cks how legal adults decide to f*ck their own lifes up.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by Rawani: 11:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
This is a worldwide problem and not a northern problem.

The NDLEA has been fighting this scourge (though it should do more) and I was part of a NAFDAC campaign specifically against this during my service year in markets/parks in Abuja.

Even if its less deadly than alcoholism with regard to road accidents and death, it should stop being seen as a safer (and religiously compliant) substitute because it's long term effects also bring serious health challenges to the user. It is highly addictive and causes withdrawal symptoms when users attempt to stop. It's also associated with memory loss and appetite problems.

The abuse was popularized by Lil Wayne, Eazy E, and now most southern US hip hop acts. Google 'sizzurp' to learn more.

Something urgently needs to be done.

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by Olivers2J(f): 11:25pm On Nov 15, 2015
Watin person no go hear from this people it seems boko haram is not forth coming & abuse of our cough drugs is evitable 2 get 2 their destination sharpa sharpa

Lord v mercy!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by Rawani: 11:27pm On Nov 15, 2015

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by hammariise(m): 11:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
xmich:
Pls what are they using it for?

They're dumping it grin grin grin grin
Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by hammariise(m): 1:39am On Nov 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Pakalin abi wetin dem call am!

I miss that shiit cool
So u be member then, hope u've retired, not holiday

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by Lanretoye(m): 4:27am On Nov 16, 2015
wetin come happen?,dem get cough ni...they can take it with cocacola,fanta,7up,even fura d'nunu. grin

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by hammariise(m): 4:31am On Nov 16, 2015
Lanretoye:
wetin come happen?,dem get cough ni...they can take it with cocacola,fanta,7up,even fura d'nunu. grin
Fura da nono, not nunu grin grin[size=8pt][/size] grin grin
Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by i8sins(m): 4:32am On Nov 16, 2015
Team #Trams, #Refnol.....

I don miss North walahi.... Oya, make I run go back 2 Mx city.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by hammariise(m): 4:52am On Nov 16, 2015
i8sins:
Team #Trams, #Refnol.....

I don miss North walahi.... Oya, make I run go back 2 Mx city.
Lord have mercy

6 Likes

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:35am On Nov 16, 2015
Olivers2J:
Watin person no go hear from this people it seems boko haram is not forth coming & abuse of our cough drugs is evitable 2 get 2 their destination sharpa sharpa

Lord v mercy!!!!

Nonsense, no doubt among the 99.9% that Kanu spoke about, talking through her over used orifice, abeg carry your bigotry comot; can't you read that problem is worldwide and being popularized by stars.

5 Likes

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by mysteriousman(m): 5:54am On Nov 16, 2015
It's really worrisome the way theses youths take to this substance abuse

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by kenedy175(m): 5:58am On Nov 16, 2015
This can be seen everywhere but very common in the North

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:14am On Nov 16, 2015
I have never seen any region that imbibes Hard drugs like the NORTH.

They sniff anything that can be sniffed.... Including
-Gums for patching tyres.
-sewage reservoir for Shiiit.
-fermented Germalin.
-preservatives for corpse (chlorofluoroaldehyde)

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 16, 2015
SirJeffry:
This one na small thing naaa, some northerners dey smoke their own dry poo all in the name of highness.undecided

Bro, you know them wella.

3 Likes

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by QuotaSystem: 6:43am On Nov 16, 2015
I hope you are aware that you Ibos are the drug hawkers that bring these drugs to the North.

Very soon these youths will realize the fake medicine hawkers they're buying these things from are killing them, and they will start jungle justice on all the nyamiri fake drug hawkers.

20pounds:

Bro, you know them wella.

Coming from the IGWES of Hard Drugs..... Classic! grin

EVILFOREST:
[s]I have never seen any region that imbibes Hard drugs like the NORTH.

They sniff anything that can be sniffed.... Including
-Gums for patching tyres.
-sewage reservoir for Shiiit.
-fermented Germalin.
-preservatives for corpse[/s] (chlorofluoroaldehyde)

16 Likes

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by Spikkylee: 6:48am On Nov 16, 2015
Nice Trips.....D tin sabi cure Cough eehnnn..!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 16, 2015
Op, it is not only in the north, it is everywhere. You need to see the way guys do it here in lag...

9 Likes

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by Mcbussy(m): 7:22am On Nov 16, 2015
hammariise:
Benelin and Codein Syrup Abuse in Northern Nigeria.
Matter of Urgent Concern by Northern Governors and Leaders!

It's not only in the north, it's happening also in the south West, and probably other parts too. I'm carrying out a research on prescription drug abuse.

1 Like

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by UncleSnr(m): 7:23am On Nov 16, 2015
QuotaSystem:
I hope you are aware that you Ibos are the drug hawkers that bring these drugs to the North.

Very soon these youths will realize the fake medicine hawkers they're buying these things from are killing them, and they will start jungle justice on all the nyamiri fake drug hawkers.

Coming from the IGWES of Hard Drugs..... Classic! grin

Are you trying to tribalize the menace or look for a way out?

I wonder if some people have brain or just empty space in the skull.

We are talking of hard drugs which the youth takes and you are calling tribes.

Wake up and see beyond the veil.

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by QuotaSystem: 7:29am On Nov 16, 2015
I am trying to de-tribalize the issue by pointing out that the menace is not exclusive to any tribe. The issue was already tribalized with attacks on the North by the posters I quoted.

If you lack the capacity to comprehend simple sentences, seek help elsewhere.

UncleSnr:
Are you trying to tribalize the menace or look for a way out?

I wonder if some people have brain or just empty space in the skull.

We are talking of hard drugs which the youth takes and you are calling tribes.

Wake up and see beyond the veil.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo Benelin And Codein Syrup Abuse In Northern Nigeria. by Olivers2J(f): 8:01am On Nov 16, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

Nonsense, no doubt among the 99.9% that Kanu spoke about, talking through her over used orifice, abeg carry your bigotry comot; can't you read that problem is worldwide and being popularized stars.

Lol....."whn dry bones are mention old men are nver @ ease" Guilty or not Guilty My Friend? Am not tribalistic because i believe in ONE NIGERIA. Advice ur people properly wht they r doin is dangerous 2 their health

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do People In Nigeria Sleep? / 100 Level NSUK Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Relationship (Photos) / Nigerian Man Dies In Atlanta, America After Hanging Out With His Friends. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.