Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband? (2920 Views)

His Wife Cannot Keep Secret / Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / Housemaid Serving The Husband: Is It Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband? by jchick(f): 1:13pm On May 19, 2009
Please, is it right to keep secret (financial, social e.t.c) from your spouse. Infidelity exempted.

Men, how would you feel if your wife kept a secret from you.

Ladies, what do you think?

Healthy contributions will be greatly appreciated
Re: Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband? by Motee(f): 6:51pm On May 19, 2009
I think it is wise for couples not to keep secret from one another.

Couples should understand each others reaction to issues. Really, not all couples can share all secrets with one another due to each others temperament or how you both respond to issues.

Few weeks ago, myself and my husband had to discuss about keeping things from each other and we concluded to be free about it or unless, we will start hiding things from one another. I actually started this discussion with him because he checked my phone behind my back and was jealous when he saw an ex-boyfriend text message on my phone and he did not say anything about it until something else came up. I told him anytime he sees such messages he should ask me because if he keeps showing such attitude without mentioning it and I realized to much of that also, I MIGHT also start deleting some particular messages on my phone instead of just been free about it.  From my own side, I actually called the person that sent him a text message that looks funny even though I did not disclose my identity but do you know what, the text message was from an elderly person who is like an Anty!.

On a lighter mood, not all secret can be shared! and for those you cannot share wifeys and hussy, please be careful and handle with care.
Re: Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband? by dae(f): 10:03pm On May 19, 2009
getting married is like 2 half beings becoming one! you shouldn't hide anything from each other "ALTHOUGH" there are certain things that you will have to take with you to the grave, but other than that, you should be free with each other. It should be a 50/50 thing. If you dont trust your spouse, why marry him/her in the first place, y'all are no more boyfriend/Girlfriend, so i don't think you should hide things ;ike what you have mentioned, except like i said earlier, things that you have to take to the grave with you!
Re: Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband? by SeanT21(f): 11:03pm On May 19, 2009
He is your husband so NOOOOO.
Re: Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband? by sistawoman: 3:18am On May 20, 2009
no

Not telling him and keeping a secret is two different things.

I would never keep a secret from hubby but there are some things that are not shared.
Re: Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband? by biina: 3:28am On May 20, 2009
sistawoman:

no

Not telling him and keeping a secret is two different things.

I would never keep a secret from hubby but there are some things that are not shared.
That is quite confusing undecided so whats the difference?
Re: Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband? by sistawoman: 4:10pm On May 20, 2009
biina:

That is quite confusing undecided so whats the difference?

The difference is:

Secret - Something I hide hoping he does not find out and something I am willing to lie to him about to keep it hidden.
example - I spent $84.00 on clothes and not food but am hiding the expense in the food budget.

Not telling everything - something that I feel is not important or something i feel he does not need to know but dont really care if he finds out or asks me about it.
example - I spent $84.00 on clothes and left the receipt sitting on the dresser but forgot to tell him about it. But when asked I will honestly say I spent that money and own that decision.
Re: Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband? by oluwafemi113(m): 6:14pm On May 20, 2009
Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband?

is not the best
Re: Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband? by jchick(f): 12:33pm On May 21, 2009
i sent this becos my husband is a very temperamental person, he believes other men are out to get you (ladies you know what i mean). We trust each other but there are friends he already laid embago on and i don't know why, can i still keep in touch wit them and not let him know 'bout it?
Re: Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband? by sistawoman: 12:50pm On May 21, 2009
If you want to keep a happy home I would not.
Re: Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband? by Motee(f): 2:01pm On May 22, 2009
@ jchick: for the fact that he particularly laid embargo on those particular friends then please just stop their friendship for your marriage sake. It is very important we do that especially when they start feeling uncomfortable with some of the "OLD FRIEND"
Re: Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband? by mrsb(f): 11:25am On May 25, 2009
Nope. Not ever. It will cause more trouble than its worth. The fact that you kept a secret will end up being bigger than the secret itself - if you know what I mean!?

If its re other guys and jealousy - cut the ex OFF! Your current man is your man for a reason and your ex is an ex for a reason.

Just flip it and see how you'd feel if he were lying to you,
Re: Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband? by daynike(f): 6:25pm On May 25, 2009
I can share and hide secret depending on who my husband is,his relationship with his family and how conservative he is.For a mama's boy, i would not like to share my secret(financial and social),also for a guy who his family sees as bradwinner and dash out his eyes ,i will never share my secret with such because whenever he becomes broke he runs back to your account to meet his family's need.It depends ,we have to be wise in our dealing.It's not that he won't know about your progress but do it wisely.
Re: Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband? by legs(f): 6:32pm On May 25, 2009
i would say the answer is pretty obvious, particularly considering the way the question has been addressed, anyway best avoid the situation if you can, it can be pretty sticky if you get caught,and everyone knows how self-righteous and indignant men can be when they think they have been wronged.
Re: Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband? by JJYOU: 6:38pm On May 25, 2009
no
Re: Is It Right To Keep Secret From Your Husband? by efficiencie(m): 4:33am On Jun 26, 2023
jchick:
Please, is it right to keep secret (financial, social e.t.c) from your spouse. Infidelity exempted.

Men, how would you feel if your wife kept a secret from you.

Ladies, what do you think?

Healthy contributions will be greatly appreciated

My secrets are my wife's secrets and vice versa. It is stupid marrying a nightmare or public toilet and then keeping secrets. If you married a nightmare or community toilet keeping secrets is not the solution, running away is. But if you married a man of valor or a woman of virtue you will be more successful if you share your secrets with your spouse.

(1) (Reply)

Places To Avoid When Relocating To Abuja / What Will You Do If Your Pet Suddenly Turns Against You / My Friend Is 3 Months Pregnant With Twins, Should I Advise Her To Abort

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.