Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One (4657 Views)

Pls Which Should I Go For, Samsung Galaxy J7 Or Tecno C9 / Xiaomi Mi4 In Nigeria, See The Specs And Review / The Tecno Phantom 5 & The LED TV + Multitasking / Battery Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Nsonaso(m): 11:46pm On Nov 16, 2015
[quote author=Maximum83 post=40096979][/quote]
First: quote me very well so that people don't think am the one that wrote those your coment.

2. Tecno phantom 5 is degnified, premium and cute. certified by you right? Yes because that is the only device you ever dreamt of

But for we who use degnified, premium and cute device like HTC One M7, iPhone 5s, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ++ etc. Who also know exactly where Tecno is coming from knows that Tecno is no match to compare Xiaomi in Quality and Standard

HTC One M7 awards:

The HTC One was released to favorable reviews.
At the 2013 Mobile World Congress, it won the "Best New Mobile Device" award from the GSM Association, and received TechRadar’s "Best Phone" and "Best in Show" awards.[71][72] Following its release, HTC One also received an
"Editor’s Choice Gold" award from AnandTech. [31][73] In August 2013, the HTC One was awarded "Best European Advanced Smartphone
2013–2014" by the European Imaging and Sound Association, and at the T3 Gadget Awards 2013, the HTC One won "Gadget of the Year",
"Phone of the Year", and the T3 Design Award. [74][75] At Mobile World Congress 2014, it was named the best smartphone of 2013 during the Global Mobile Awards.[76] Walt Mossberg of The Wall Street Journal favored the One over its closest rival, Samsung's Galaxy S4, considering the One to be "more polished- looking, and quite capable" in comparison.[77] In a later review conducted 4 months later in
August 2013, Boy Genius Report’s Zach Epstein also favored the One over the Galaxy S4, stating
that "among the [Galaxy S4, Moto X] and the rest
of the Android phones on the market right now,
the HTC One is in a class by itself". Epstein cited
differences in hardware construction and
industrial design, as well as various features of Sense 5.0; one example included the higher-
quality IR blaster and TV app on the One compared to the S4.[78] The New York Times' technology columnist David Pogue praised the attention to detail in its design, along with its performance, camera, and
display quality; and considered it to be "the most
beautiful [Android phone] you’ve ever seen".
.... Check Wikipedia for more... That is what we call premium not trash from Unkwon pit

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Baroba(m): 2:43am On Nov 17, 2015
okitikpo:
1. Screen resolution the same 2. RAM the same 3. Front camera the same 4. Back camera the same 5. Batteries the same range 6. Both no card slot 7. Both LTE 8. Country of origin the same

There is a small issue you missed out on, software optimisation and the quality of hardware used..

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by ChudyJ: 5:53am On Nov 17, 2015
calddon:
I compare mtk processors to Asian made motor engines; low fuel consumption, moderate performance, cheap, etc. whereas Qualcomm snapdragons are European made motor engines high performance, high fuel consumption, expensive, etc .

MTK: Hyundai motors, Jin bei, etc

Snapdragon: Mercedes Benz(Snapdragon 810/820: Mercedes AMG), Volkswagen, etc

Huge developer support for custom roms on the mi4, for custom Rom freaks.
lol... Qualcomm is a U.S company sha nt European
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by ChudyJ: 6:16am On Nov 17, 2015
bongolistik:
It is no longer news that Xiaomi finally made its way into the Nigerian market and currently Xiaomi Redmi 2 and Xiaomi Mi4 are selling on Jumia.

Picking out the Xiaomi Mi 4 which is selling for N56,000 and looking towards the direction of the latest Tecno Phantom 5 that is selling for N70,000 which of the devices will you prefer?

Yes we are fully away that Xiaomi Mi 4 is a Qualcomm Snapdragon device while Tecno Phantom 5 on the other hand is MTK.

Considering the high end and premium specs that both devices are packed with, we can assure you that aside from their display sizes and processor type, they share many features in common that are within similar range.

Though the Xiaomi Mi 4 variant that is selling for that amount is that with the 16GB ROM, not forgetting that the 64GB variant will cost higher and you know that the Phantom 5 came with fixed 32GB ROM and both do not support expandable microSD slot

Which of the device will you go for?

Source: http://highteknology.com/2015/11/xiaomi-mi4-or-tecno-phantom-5-which.html
na wa for una o... Hw is xiaomi mi 4 betta dan d phantom 5. It beats d phantom 5 in jst its chipset and processor speed, if u ask me 2.0ghz is nt evn bad at all. Phantom 5 has a bigger screen, phantom 5 has cornin gorilla 3 for screen protection and d mi4 doesnt evn av gorilla screen at all, mi4 runs kitkat while phantom 5 runs lollipop, phantom 5 coms wit a metal unibody design and d mi4 has a metal frame wit a plastic bak cover, des no fingerprint sensor on d mi4 while d phantom 5 has. And i dont evn lik d u.i of d mi4. Xiaomi launched d mi4 in august 2014 de av sold out in china, y launch an outdated fone in nigeria? De av new 2015 devices, y didnt de launch does ones? Imagine buyin a 2014 fone 56k... God forbid
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by calddon(m): 6:45am On Nov 17, 2015
ChudyJ:
lol... Qualcomm is a U.S company sha nt European
Just want to prove a point in my comparison as to the merits and demerits of both brands
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by kolexepana: 10:33am On Nov 17, 2015
okitikpo:
what are you trying to say, is that a polite insult or people no longer have power of choice for loving Xiaomi over Tecno?
Well, it is my opinion
I never meant to insult anyone
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by ChudyJ: 12:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
calddon:
Just want to prove a point in my comparison as to the merits and demerits of both brands
i get u
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 17, 2015
okitikpo:
what are you trying to say, is that a polite insult or people no longer have power of choice for loving Xiaomi over Tecno?

You should know him. He is a paid troll. 99.9 % of them created their accounts this year from July specifically and most of them fall within september and october while few are in november. They are pretty much or maybe just one or few with multiple monikers

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by mosjames: 5:58pm On Nov 17, 2015
Xiaomi can't reach Tecno's level
They'll just try
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by zzzzy: 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2015
Omg... You guys are funny o... Tecno isnt a mate for xiaomi.. A 2.5 ghz snapdragon 801 processor with 3gb ram.. Camera capable of capturing 4k resolution.. 3080mah battery and it was released last year august...where was tecno then... P5?...common, we should know better. Try comparing tecno phantom 5 with xiaomi mi5 specs 4gb ram, usb c port, snapdragon 820 to mention a few... The only similarity is the number 5..apart from that xiaomi is tons of times better than tecno... For me xiaomi launched mi4 to test the ng market.. If they are successful, then ng becomes one of their targets... No arguments

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by jaiyejina(m): 5:33pm On Nov 23, 2015
Upto 45 % discount knocking this Thursday and Friday, will u answer?
Visit :http://phonaline..com.ng/2015/11/as-we-countdown-to-yakata-2015-i-want.html?m=1

Don't miss out this year
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Xhaka(m): 5:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
P5 is tha real machine
No doubt about that
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Maximum83: 8:11pm On Nov 23, 2015
bongolistik:
It is no longer news that Xiaomi finally made its way into the Nigerian market and currently Xiaomi Redmi 2 and Xiaomi Mi4 are selling on Jumia.

Picking out the Xiaomi Mi 4 which is selling for N56,000 and looking towards the direction of the latest Tecno Phantom 5 that is selling for N70,000 which of the devices will you prefer?

Yes we are fully away that Xiaomi Mi 4 is a Qualcomm Snapdragon device while Tecno Phantom 5 on the other hand is MTK.

Considering the high end and premium specs that both devices are packed with, we can assure you that aside from their display sizes and processor type, they share many features in common that are within similar range.

Though the Xiaomi Mi 4 variant that is selling for that amount is that with the 16GB ROM, not forgetting that the 64GB variant will cost higher and you know that the Phantom 5 came with fixed 32GB ROM and both do not support expandable microSD slot

Which of the device will you go for?

Source: http://highteknology.com/2015/11/xiaomi-mi4-or-tecno-phantom-5-which.html

@op, phantom 5 support SD card up to 128GB
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Maximum83: 8:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
ChudyJ:
na wa for una o... Hw is xiaomi mi 4 betta dan d phantom 5. It beats d phantom 5 in jst its chipset and processor speed, if u ask me 2.0ghz is nt evn bad at all. Phantom 5 has a bigger screen, phantom 5 has cornin gorilla 3 for screen protection and d mi4 doesnt evn av gorilla screen at all, mi4 runs kitkat while phantom 5 runs lollipop, phantom 5 coms wit a metal unibody design and d mi4 has a metal frame wit a plastic bak cover, des no fingerprint sensor on d mi4 while d phantom 5 has. And i dont evn lik d u.i of d mi4. Xiaomi launched d mi4 in august 2014 de av sold out in china, y launch an outdated fone in nigeria? De av new 2015 devices, y didnt de launch does ones? Imagine buyin a 2014 fone 56k... God forbid

That's true, we need the recent phones from xiaomi not outdated phones, even Samsung Galaxy series of 2014 are cheaper
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by zzzzy: 8:36pm On Nov 23, 2015
Xhaka:
P5 is tha real machine
No doubt about that

ya no doubt about that... But at that price...i expected more.. Luk at injoo2 specs, it costs 35k... The only advantage of p5 is that it has 3gb ram and 1.7ghz processor as opposed to injoo 2gb ram and 1.3ghz processor it has 3gb ram and 1.7ghz processor as opposed to injoo 2gb ram and 1.3ghz processor e] ya no doubt about that... But at that price...i expected more.. Luk at injoo2 specs, it costs 35k... The only advantage of p5 is that it has 3gb ram and 1.7ghz processor as opposed to injoo 2gb ram and 1.3ghz processor
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by zzzzy: 8:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
Maximum83:

That's true, we need the recent phones from xiaomi not outdated phones, even Samsung Galaxy series of 2014 are cheaper
We actually need new devices however we should know that this is ng... This phone specs are old outside but here this is lyk a new device.. Most new phones released in ng nowadays come with similar specs.. Galaxy s4 is far better than most devices we use but we know how old it is... By the way xiaomi can't just bring new devices without knowing the targeted market...also this phone is cheap compared to phantom 5...imagine hw much more u pay for few added features
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Decale: 10:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
Nsonaso:
Even though I don't like other chipset apart from MTK (because others are too expensive to maintain nd thats why I will not buy XIAOMI MI 4). But all things being equal, on a normal ground, no glo IMEI tweaking, I choose Mi 4 over any Tecno that is produced as at today

I'm sorry but can you explain how Snapdragon is "expensive to maintain"
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by ChudyJ: 10:47pm On Nov 23, 2015
zzzzy:

We actually need new devices however we should know that this is ng... This phone specs are old outside but here this is lyk a new device.. Most new phones released in ng nowadays come with similar specs.. Galaxy s4 is far better than most devices we use but we know how old it is... By the way xiaomi can't just bring new devices without knowing the targeted market...also this phone is cheap compared to phantom 5...imagine hw much more u pay for few added features
u do av a point de, redmi note 3 will soon b unveiled, lets hp it gets to nigeria. Dis fone companies are sha makin selecting a gud fone to buy more difficult
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 23, 2015
Nsonaso:
It will never cause you anything to call a spade a spade.

Quality and Standard wise: XIAOMI has passed Nigerian standard, XIAOMI is internatinal standard certified.

XIAOMI is manufactured by foxconn who manufacture Tecno?

Xiaomi MI 4 screen is made by sharp who made Tecno Ph5 screen?

XIAOMI Mi 4 Camera lens is made by Sony who made Tecno Ph5?

Before XIAOMI Mi 4 was released it passess some standard certification, who certified Tecno Ph5?

You think its just by gathering cheap chinese parts and put them together by one God knows cheap anonymous company and high the price will make your phone standard? NO

Even though I don't like other chipset apart from MTK (because others are too expensive to maintain nd thats why I will not buy XIAOMI MI 4). But all things being equal, on a normal ground, no glo IMEI tweaking, I choose Mi 4 over any Tecno that is produced as at today

Are u saying all these because xiaomi is new to the Nigerian market? To be frank I think the tecno looks a better phone than the xiaomi mi4.That thing is running android KitKat for God's sake. And snapdragon 801 is outdated. Also the phantom 5 has a better build quality. It even has a fingerprint scanner and sd card. Let's be honest here and call a spade a spade, phantom 5 is 64 bit running lollipop and better build quality. How can u say the xiaomi mi4 is better just because it's got snapdragon 801 vs mtk.

Oh before u sleigh me, I don't use either phones. In fact I hate Chinese phones. I use a galaxy s6 and HTC one.

[code][/code]

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by bongolistik(m): 9:23am On Nov 24, 2015
greenhulk:

Are u saying all these because xiaomi is new to the Nigerian market? To be frank I think the tecno looks a better phone than the xiaomi mi4.That thing is running android KitKat for God's sake. And snapdragon 801 is outdated. Also the phantom 5 has a better build quality. It even has a fingerprint scanner and sd card. Let's be honest here and call a spade a spade, phantom 5 is 64 bit running lollipop and better build quality. How can u say the xiaomi mi4 is better just because it's got snapdragon 801 vs mtk.

Oh before u sleigh me, I don't use either phones. In fact I hate Chinese phones. I use a galaxy s6 and HTC one.

[code][/code]
Lol... This must be Chinese made Galaxy S6 cos my crush for Galaxy S6 knows no bound and it is definitely not this Chinko S6 that you are displaying. I hope you are not proud of the phone you are holding and displaying, cos even when I close my eyes I can still detect original Samsung galaxy s6. Even the way the body of the one you are holding is shining, one can easily pick out it's fake. The thing just the shine like the car wey dem go respray so then go fit sell am better money

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Belosconi: 9:35am On Nov 24, 2015
bongolistik:
Lol... This must be Chinese made Galaxy S6 cos my crush for Galaxy S6 knows no bound and it is definitely not this Chinko S6 that you are displaying. I hope you are not proud of the phone you are holding and displaying, cos even when I close my eyes I can still detect original Samsung galaxy s6. Even the way the body of the one you are holding is shining, one can easily pick out it's fake. The thing just the shine like the car wey dem go respray so then go fit sell am better money
no mind am, for him mind him hold Samsung Galaxy S6... People self.. Who doesn't know the sleek and conspicuous bevel display edge design of Samsung galaxy S6

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by okitikpo: 9:40am On Nov 24, 2015
Belosconi:
no mind am, for him mind him hold Samsung Galaxy S6... People self.. Who doesn't know the sleek and conspicuous bevel display edge design of Samsung galaxy S6
Can you imagine the guy's hypocritical behaviour, he was even quick to say that he hates Chinese phones when he is using Chinese cloned Galaxy S6
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by bongolistik(m): 9:52am On Nov 24, 2015
Belosconi:
it is Galaxy S6 Edge that has a bevel display design
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Xhaka(m): 11:10am On Nov 24, 2015
zzzzy:

ya no doubt about that... But at that price...i expected more.. Luk at injoo2 specs, it costs 35k... The only advantage of p5 is that it has 3gb ram and 1.7ghz processor as opposed to injoo 2gb ram and 1.3ghz processor it has 3gb ram and 1.7ghz processor as opposed to injoo 2gb ram and 1.3ghz processor e] ya no doubt about that... But at that price...i expected more.. Luk at injoo2 specs, it costs 35k... The only advantage of p5 is that it has 3gb ram and 1.7ghz processor as opposed to injoo 2gb ram and 1.3ghz processor
You did copy and paste nigga

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by zzzzy: 11:15am On Nov 24, 2015
Xhaka:

You did copy and paste nigga
lol it was twice ba... My network was having problem when i wanted to post it so i copied it and saved it somewhere else b4 i later copied it back and posted it.
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
bongolistik:

Ol boy see beefing. so u have a crush for galaxy s6, u don't even own one, yet u have the guts to call someone else's phone Chinese. Are u sure ubhave even held a galaxy s6 before? Are u sure u know a cloned galaxy s6 when u see one? Because I'm quite sure I know how to spot a fake one more than u.

Anyway, the most reliable way to spot a fake galaxy s6 is to boot the phone into Odin mode. Power off , press power, home and volume down bottom simultaneously. The phone will boot into Odin mode like the picture below. U see its Samsung official. A fake s6 will never show that, rather it will display some things in Chinese.

If that's not convincing enough, then try atuntu benchmark, it will display the real name of the phone.

Now do u still think my phone is Chinese galaxy s6?

All u mofos saying its Chinese phone, u can shut up now.

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
zzzzy:
Omg... You guys are funny o... Tecno isnt a mate for xiaomi.. A 2.5 ghz snapdragon 801 processor with 3gb ram.. Camera capable of capturing 4k resolution.. 3080mah battery and it was released last year august...where was tecno then... P5?...common, we should know better. Try comparing tecno phantom 5 with xiaomi mi5 specs 4gb ram, usb c port, snapdragon 820 to mention a few... The only similarity is the number 5..apart from that xiaomi is tons of times better than tecno... For me xiaomi launched mi4 to test the ng market.. If they are successful, then ng becomes one of their targets... No arguments

I like what u said about xiaomi using the mi4 to test the Nigeria market .But let'sbe honest, that phone is so last year. Yesit's powerful, but tecno 5 I also powerful and looks better. Are u going to say a Samsung Galaxy j5 is better than tecno phantom 5 just because it is made by Samsung? Xiaomi has better phones, but not the mi4. Don't get me wrong, mi4 is a very good solid budget friendly phone, but I want a phone that will WOW people when I pull it out, mi4 doesnt have that sex appeal.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
okitikpo:
Can you imagine the guy's hypocritical behaviour, he was even quick to say that he hates Chinese phones when he is using Chinese cloned Galaxy S6

Lol, e dey pain u? Sorry oh, but I don't use China phones. Check my posts, I sent pictures of odin menu of my phone (if u ever know what that means) and atuntu benchmark confirming its authenticity. If u still don't believe then go hug transformer .
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Nsonaso(m): 9:03pm On Nov 26, 2015
greenhulk:

[code][/code]
Bro I said Quality and Standard wise.... Not Specification wise pls go back and read it well before you quote me.... There is different between quality and Specification and what I said was quality and standard
Re: Xiaomi Mi4 Or Tecno Phantom 5, Choose One by Nsonaso(m): 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2015
Decale:

B
I'm sorry but can you explain how Snapdragon is "expensive to maintain"
Their data subscription is too expensive

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buying Recharge Cards Online / The Bible On China Fone / How Can I Call With Private Number?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.