Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

[PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams (2434 Views)

Laptop Won't Charge Or Turn On / Crazy Laptop Won't Stop Draining My Data (help!!!!!!) / Laptop Won't Charge Phone While In Sleep Mode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by MizMyColi(f): 4:05pm On Nov 16, 2015
*sad face*

I noticed since yesterday that my laptop won't boot.
It gives me the black screen.
I turn it on and all the lights are showing, but it just won't power up on the screen.

I tried removing the battery and holding down the power button for about one minute, before replacing and plugging to a power pack, but no show.

Still same status quo.
Please help.
What do I do now?
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by MizMyColi(f): 4:09pm On Nov 16, 2015
CC: Lalasticlala Obinoscopy.

Helpembarassed

1 Like

Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by lekjons(m): 4:16pm On Nov 16, 2015
*checks dp* tongue
u should be able to get another one na wink
sorry, i could't help *runs outta thread*
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by bigtt76(f): 4:17pm On Nov 16, 2015
Is it an AMD processor laptop? Seem the processor has locked itself down due to improper shutdown which usually happens when you just close the laptop lid thinking it would hibernate and it doesn't. Lost two laptops to this same scenario.
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by Google63(m): 4:27pm On Nov 16, 2015
Did you use a different power pack to charge? The motherboard might be faulty
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by MizMyColi(f): 4:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
bigtt76:
Is it an AMD processor laptop? Seem the processor has locked itself down due to improper shutdown which usually happens when you just close the laptop lid thinking it would hibernate and it doesn't. Lost two laptops to this same scenario.
shocked shocked shocked

The battery had serious issues and the system used to trip off anyhow then, till I changed the battery.

God, am I in trouble?
I don't have money now for a new Laptop o

I don't mind taking it to a repair shop but I want referals...I really don't know who to trust with it really.
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by MizMyColi(f): 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
Google63:
Did you use a different power pack to charge? The motherboard might be faulty

Nooo
Not a differnt power pack.

I just recently changed the battery because it kept tripping off.
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by TITOBIGZ(m): 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2015
One orijin for u my sistertonguegringrintongue

Waht am I doing here self?
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by bigtt76(f): 4:55pm On Nov 16, 2015
E yaaaa. Where are you located? If in Lagos, I would advise you go to Ikeja Computer Village or Saka Tinubu GSM Phone Village, they might help you BUT issue may not be completely be solved. angry

MizMyColi:
shocked shocked shocked

The battery had serious issues and the system used to trip off anyhow then, till I changed the battery.

God, am I in trouble?
I don't have money now for a new Laptop o

I don't mind taking it to a repair shop but I want referals...I really don't know who to trust with it really.
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by MizMyColi(f): 5:00pm On Nov 16, 2015
bigtt76:
E yaaaa. Where are you located? If in Lagos, I would advise you go to Ikeja Computer Village or Saka Tinubu GSM Phone Village, they might help you BUT issue may not be completely be solved. angry

I could go to compu villa, but I need to be directed to a reputable person.

1 Like

Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by bigtt76(f): 5:14pm On Nov 16, 2015
Than would be difficult though but just search on the Computer section you will get some people there. Like I said, I've got 2 dead laptops with similar issues and I tried not to be bothered.

MizMyColi:

I could go to compu villa, but I need to be directed to a reputable person.
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by MizMyColi(f): 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2015
bigtt76:
Than would be difficult though but just search on the Computer section you will get some people there. Like I said, I've got 2 dead laptops with similar issues and I tried not to be bothered.

Okay, thank you.
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 16, 2015
This kind of problem is peculiar to toshiba, pray is not motheboard problem.
If not then it could be graphic card.
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:27pm On Nov 16, 2015
MizMyColi:
*sad face*

I turn it on and all the lights are showing, but it just won't power up on the screen.

I tried removing the battery and holding down the power button for about one minute, before replacing and plugging to a power pack, but no show.

Still same status quo.
Please help.
What do I do now?

Well, it'll be extremely hard to pinpoint the problem online.

But from what you've said, when you press the power button, the light comes on. But the screen doesn't power on. Right?

If this is the case, (before then, does the CD compartment make any noise as if it's rotating? Does the light at the CD compartment turns on?)

If the CD light comes on, I'll advice you to follow this step, get a VGA (Video Graphics Adapter) cord, plug it into your system and then into a Monitor.
If it comes on quite well, then maybe the cord connecting to your screen is faulty, or the IC in charge is faulty.
But the problem now is all about the screen. So the temporary solution is to connect to a Monitor and work like that.

But if it doesn't display, it might be the OS on the Hard Disk that's faulty. Or maybe the Processor.
And lastly the Motherboard.

Also, if the CD light doesn't come on at all, the only thing that could be wrong might be the RAM (Memory).
You can change it.

These tips are all to inform you about what could be wrong. So incase you get to a repairer, you know what you're dealing with.

All the best.
P.S. You can drop more info about the prob.

Don't panic. It will be resolved

1 Like

Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by MizMyColi(f): 8:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

Well, it'll be extremely hard to pinpoint the problem online.

But from what you've said, when you press the power button, the light comes on. But the screen doesn't power on. Right?

If this is the case, (before then, does the CD compartment make any noise as if it's rotating? Does the light at the CD compartment turns on?)

If the CD light comes on, I'll advice you to follow this step, get a VGA (Video Graphics Adapter) cord, plug it into your system and then into a Monitor.
If it comes on quite well, then maybe the cord connecting to your screen is faulty, or the IC in charge is faulty.
But the problem now is all about the screen. So the temporary solution is to connect to a Monitor and work like that.

But if it doesn't display, it might be the OS on the Hard Disk that's faulty. Or maybe the Processor.
And lastly the Motherboard.

Also, if the CD light doesn't come on at all, the only thing that could be wrong might be the RAM (Memory).
You can change it.

These tips are all to inform you about what could be wrong. So incase you get to a repairer, you know what you're dealing with.

All the best.
P.S. You can drop more info about the prob.

Don't panic. It will be resolved

Such a wonderful wonderful help
Thank you for taking the time
I appreciate.

Tomorrow, I'll use the VGA cord.
We can start from there.

1 Like

Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2015
MizMyColi:

Such a wonderful wonderful help Thank you for taking the time I appreciate.
Tomorrow, I'll use the VGA cord. We can start from there.
You are welcome dear.
Yea. That's the first step.

1 Like

Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by MizMyColi(f): 9:41am On Nov 17, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

You are welcome dear.

Yea. That's the first step.

I just mentioned you on the other thread.

Please check check
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:36am On Nov 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

I just mentioned you on the other thread.

Please check check

Done so! smiley
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by mayhead(m): 12:33pm On Nov 17, 2015
With the way u stated ur problem seems it is just the ram Dat is faulty
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by MizMyColi(f): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2015
mayhead:
With the way u stated ur problem seems it is just the ram Dat is faulty

Actually, I think it's the screen.
I used a VGA cord to test it on another monitor and it worked.
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by mayhead(m): 1:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

Actually, I think it's the screen.
I used a VGA cord to test it on another monitor and it worked.
OK.
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by ishiamu(m): 12:20pm On Nov 20, 2015
MizMyColi:
*sad face*

Still same status quo.
Please help.
What do I do now?

Pretty lady which exam?
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by MizMyColi(f): 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2015
ishiamu:

Pretty lady which exam?

My dear, I have PDA exams.
Professional Diploma in Advertising.

Thanks for standing up for me on that thread.
After your mention, I have decided I won't reply him again.

Infact, I will hide his next reply on sight.
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by ishiamu(m): 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2015
MizMyColi:

Cool lady
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by ishiamu(m): 1:45pm On Nov 20, 2015
MizMyColi:

Wish you success pretty lady... you will excel...
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by MizMyColi(f): 1:47pm On Nov 20, 2015
ishiamu:

Wish you success pretty lady... you will excel...

Amen.

I wish you well too dear.
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by ishiamu(m): 2:38pm On Nov 20, 2015
MizMyColi:

Amen.

I wish you well too dear.

#peace
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by MizMyColi(f): 7:23pm On Nov 28, 2015
Resolved.

1 Like

Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by LogoDWhiz(m): 7:58pm On Nov 28, 2015
MizMyColi:
Resolved.

Good to know.
How did you resolve it though?
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by MizMyColi(f): 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

Good to know.

How did you resolve it though?

I took it to one repair shop
Turns out the flex was bad.
Re: [PHOTO] Help:- My Laptop Won't Turn On And I Need It To Study For My Exams by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2015
MizMyColi:

I took it to one repair shop Turns out the flex was bad.
Guess so!
Glad it's okay now.
I hope it didn't cost much?

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Increase My Dedicated Video Memory From 0mb. See Specs(pics). / Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) / Create Your Own Free Browsing/Internet Cheat/Tweak ;D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.