Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA (1298 Views)

APC Leader Behind Attacks On Kyari, Daura, Group Alleges / NDA Split, Breakaway Faction Promises To Expose Those Behind Attacks On.. / Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA by adenaijblog: 6:52pm On Nov 16, 2015
System Specs, a technology firm managing transactions for the Nigerian Government’s Treasury Single Account, TSA, has affirmed that the firm was being persecuted by those who can no longer steal money from the government.

Remita payment system was introduced by the company to cater for government transactions, which are now lodged in a single account.

Speaking with reporters on Sunday in Lagos, an official of SystemSpecs said most of the critiscim in the media regarding Remita were aimed at pulling down the system, adding that the ultimate target of critics is to stop the use of the TSA..

The firm observed that the negative comments were deliberately aimed at provoking politicians, who view the TSA program as a threat to their ability to siphoned public funds.

System Specs however stated that their board of trustees comprises young professionals, including a banker and former Nigerian ambassador to the UK, Christopher Kolade, and further debunked claims in certain quarters that former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu or his wife were shareholders in the company.

The firm further cleared that it was not responsible for fixing charges on transactions.

Managing Director, System Specs, John Obaro said, “We do not want to dishonor the Senate. They have raised this issue and we are preparing our adequate response. Source- http://adenaij..com

1 Like

Re: Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA by walepinna(m): 6:54pm On Nov 16, 2015
With the way our economy is where billions in dollars go missing without trace, i think TSA is a here to stay.
Welcome development...
No matter what the government of today do, they will still find something to say....

Fayose that is looking for those in charge of them, here they are!

5 Likes

Re: Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA by ademega(m): 6:55pm On Nov 16, 2015
hmmm
Re: Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA by adenaijblog: 7:00pm On Nov 16, 2015
Posted By tje Second Best blog In Nigeria http://adenaij..co.ke
Re: Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA by olumide81(m): 7:01pm On Nov 16, 2015
Oya !
Re: Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA by nickxtra(m): 7:04pm On Nov 16, 2015
Fayose is a daft

2 Likes

Re: Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA by simplemach(m): 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2015
oga just shut up and do your work.
Re: Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA by dewaskillz: 7:10pm On Nov 16, 2015
Nigeria is know a jungle. hunters turn to hunted and hunted turns to hunter
Re: Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA by ERAKAMUS: 7:10pm On Nov 16, 2015
This doesn't make any sense.
Re: Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA by OlujobaSamuel: 7:14pm On Nov 16, 2015
hmmmmmmm, fayose, hope you dey read am?
Re: Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA by LastSurvivor: 7:19pm On Nov 16, 2015
9z one REMITA but for the benefit of doubt we will like to know the major shareholders if u guys don't mind..
Thank you
Re: Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA by stanlomite: 7:25pm On Nov 16, 2015
I agreed with Remita that neither Bola tinubu or wife is shareholder because Ondo State had been using the so clled Remita for over 3years now....and I belief there is transparency in their work
Re: Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA by mazeltov(m): 7:34pm On Nov 16, 2015
[b]Yes of course. In order to stabilise our economy and know its factual performance, Buhari sees the need to shut all financial seepages that PDP had perforated with their ravenousness and insatiability for stealing and since they have been boot kicked out of power, they see the importunate need to attack and bark like a rabid dog in order to stop Buhari from doing the needful. The active implementation TSA has jammed Pdp ''financial nostril'' - we all know that they need (air/money) to survive so that they will keep recoating and brandishing their usual propaganda or hoopla to some gullible minds. All I see is an (asthmatic/broke) PDP begging for (air/money). They have been looking for holes and leakages where they will insert their straw and pipe the goverment money just as they did for the past 16 years and talking about the 1% - it would not be shared by the company providing the service alone but by all the princpal participants, including the banks and you can hardly see
any private company providing such cheap and quality service.
I see no logical reason why Pdp members should flaunt their unalloyed economic, accounting and banking ignorance just because they want to keep their heads up and remain relevant
in this political dispensation. Why is it so cumbersome for a tout like Fayose to get his ass sitted and do some workings before he would run to the media and start
regurgitating jabberwocky all in the name of ''proving opposition service'' on behalf of his drowning party. Take it or leave it, Fayose is
simply too uncivilised to lead. I just pity Ekiti people!!
More so, Mr Malaye needs to thread with caution very well. It's better to remain dormant and in the senate like senator Bruce than to be raising motions that will be
creating uproar and misleading the populace. Stop raising motions with second hand information.
And to the Pdp again. It's a shame that Pdp has lost its glory. When you make a spinless critter like Fayose your opposition leader, he
won't fail to orchestrate the length and breath of his ignorance oxygenated by stupidity in order to assail the leading party. What we need is an effective and efficient opposition chaired by someone who is learned and experienced. Using an illiterate
like Fayose is an insult to the sensibility of we Nigerians and we here by demand an apology!![/b]

7 Likes

Re: Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA by front247: 8:12pm On Nov 16, 2015
It is a lie, u people ar thieves too
Re: Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA by magmack: 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2015
onnetcas:
Whenever I come online these days, I hardly go 5 steps without seeing statements like "let Biafra go" "Nigeria is a mistake" "we've not been treated right we want to leave"

We have known the igbo nation to be a very determined tribe- an igbo man is that man who would do almost anything and go any length to get what he wants. They will continue to fight till they get Biafra, I have no doubt about their qualities.

but here are my fears

First and foremost, I wasn't born when the civil war was fought but I asked questions, read books about the war and talked to people who experienced it first hand, to be frank, the experience wasn't a pleasant one. I understand that any region can break out from Nigeria without resorting to war but my fear is that the present crop of igbo leaders we have today don't mean well for the igbo tribe, they are selfish and are only after their pockets.

If Biafra had succeeded in 1967, it probably would have been a great country because the leaders those days meant well for their people but today, same can't be said of the present crop of leaders you have.

You keep complaining that Nigeria has done nothing for the Igbos; which of the tribes and region has Nigeria favoured anyway? You need to go deep into the north to see the rot there, though they have had more past presidents than any other region.

Even the Niger Delta producing the oil that we feed on isn't any better, they recently had a president from that region but that didn't change their situation.

The west is a little bit developed because they've had thoughtful leaders in the past who meant well for their people. Till today the yorubas are still benefitting from the legacies of people like Obafemi Awolowo and Lateef Jakande.

Recently, we have been talking about Lagos as one of the best states in Nigeria but one man called Fashola and his team made it work. These yoruba leaders I mentioned weren't presidents of this great country, they were mere governors/premiers but made their impact felt.

My dear igbo brothers, what have your leaders done for your region especially in the post war era? The only problem I will have with Nigeria is if you can prove that it hasn't been giving the east the necessary allocations it gives the other regions. Instead of blaming Nigeria, blame your post war era leaders for the misfortune that has befallen the east recently.

If Biafra breaks today, the same crop of leaders that have caused the rot in the east would be the same set to rule over you. Is that what you really want?

My next point is this- I can't help but feel bad that the present freedom fighters are just fighting without thinking of the future. They are just going about this without calculating and without thinking about the fact that a natural igbo man thrives more outside his territory.

Being impulsive in a struggle like this isn't the best way to go. Before going into a fight like this, have you thought about the long term implications and are you ready for the task that lies ahead?

I have asked some of these fighters about their long term plans for Biafra but none seem to be able to give me any concrete plan as to how they intend to tackle the future, some others believe that there is crude oil in Biafra and it's enough to sustain them.

Now let's thrash out the issue of oil

The last time I checked, the oil producing states aren't in the east and thinking these states would agree to form a certain Biafra is like living in delusion. Who wants to leave the post of minority and still form a country where they would still be minority.

I did my NYSC in Cross River state and from what I observed through the questions I asked, these guys aren't ready to form Biafra because they felt they weren't carried along during the war and Biafra made them to suffer for nothing.

Have you ever thought of the fact that the natural igbo man is very enterprising and they succeed more when outside their lands? We have so many millionaire and billionaire igbo businessmen who have businesses in Lagos, Abuja and other big cities. Have you ever sat down to think about what would happen to these guys if Nigeria breaks especially if the break up is an unfriendly one?

Let's leave the millionaire businessmen for a moment and think about those who have smaller shops and hustling really hard to make money to send home to their poor parents. What would happen to these set of people?

Like my neighbour who has two shops in Lagos and she's the breadwinner of her family, she's doing well for herself in Lagos and using whatever she gets to help her family in the village. What would happen to this young enterprising lady who is just 23 years of age if Biafra goes?

Lastly, the Igbos themselves have a problem with each other; an anambra man would say the most atrocious thing about an Imo man and vice versa. Even within the same Imo, an Mbaise man doesn't roll well with an Owerri man. I have seen several cases of these situations but I don't want to give illustrations so I don't make this article any longer. Even the bible says "can two live together except they agree?

I'm not against the fact that Biafra wants to go but my main concern is what happens thereafter. I see this fight as an impulsive fight, many other things and structures aren't just in place. My fear is what happens in the next 5-10 years after biafra is formed.

Like I said before, you should hold your post war era leaders responsible instead of blaming Nigeria as a whole.

You also need to understand that Nigeria itself hasn't been favourable to any region. The west that is currently kind of developed was due to the hardwork and selflessness of the western leaders like Awolowo.

My dear Igbo brothers, we always say that the other tribes hate us but have we ever tried showing love to them. Love is very powerful, when you give it, you naturally receive it in return, when you also give hate, you receive hate in return.

I have stayed with yoruba people and I can boldly say that they are one the most accommodating and welcoming tribes in Nigeria.

My best pals in cross river were corpers from the north; these guys were very wonderful to me not minding the tribe. I started loving the northerners after I came in contact with these guys in calabar.

As an Igboman, have you tried being accommodating to other tribes?

If the right things are done by the Igbo leaders, the east can be great without ever needing to leave Nigeria.

Like we learned in Business 101 about the power of synergy where one plus one can give us 10, we can work together to make Nigeria the greatest country on earth. This is a feat one part or region cannot and will never achieve on it's own.

Don't let the greed of a small part lead you into doing something you will end up regretting later.

I'm calling on the igbos, the yorubas, Hausas, Fulanis, Tiv, Efiks, Ibibios and all the other tribes in Nigeria to come together, see each other as brothers instead of enemies. Why can't we just see each other as humans, as Nigerians with a common goal of greatness?

Our diversity should be an advantage and not a problem, if only we can harness the power of our diversity, we should be at par with countries like China and the United States.

Let's begin to leave sentiments aside and support leaders that will move us forward. We should stop supporting leaders base on tribe or region or religion but based on their intentions.

I believe in one Nigeria, I believe in the synergistic power of staying as one.

God bless Nigeria

Nonsense. Go to hell with ur fraud n evil republic. PUSSY CAT. Zoo man
Re: Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA by magmack: 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2015
[s][/s]
mazeltov:
[b]Yes of course. In order to stabilise our economy and know its factual performance, Buhari sees the need to shut all financial seepages that PDP had perforated with their ravenousness and insatiability for stealing and since they have been boot kicked out of power, they see the importunate need to attack and bark like a rabid dog in order to stop Buhari from doing the needful. The active implementation TSA has jammed Pdp ''financial nostril'' - we all know that they need (air/money) to survive so that they will keep recoating and brandishing their usual propaganda or hoopla to some gullible minds. All I see is an (asthmatic/broke) PDP begging for (air/money). They have been looking for holes and leakages where they will insert their straw and pipe the goverment money just as they did for the past 16 years and talking about the 1% - it would not be shared by the company providing the service alone but by all the princpal participants, including the banks and you can hardly see
I see no logical reason why Pdp members should flaunt their unalloyed economic, accounting and banking ignorance just because they want to keep their heads up and remain relevant
in this political dispensation. Why is it so cumbersome for a tout like Fayose to get his ass sitted and do some workings before he would run to the media and start
regurgitating jabberwocky all in the name of ''proving opposition service'' on behalf of his drowning party. Take it or leave it, Fayose is
More so, Mr Malaye needs to thread with caution very well. It's better to remain dormant and in the senate like senator Bruce than to be raising motions that will be
creating uproar and misleading the populace. Stop raising motions with second hand information.
And to the Pdp again. It's a shame that Pdp has lost its glory. When you make a spinless critter like Fayose your opposition leader, he
won't fail to orchestrate the length and breath of his ignorance oxygenated by stupidity in order to assail the leading party. What we need is an effective and efficient opposition chaired by someone who is learned and experienced. Using an illiterate
like Fayose is an insult to the sensibility of we Nigerians and we here by demand an apology!![/b]
[s]
mazeltov:
[/s]
mazeltov:

Another daft mind has spoken. Worthless e-rat
Re: Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA by TimeManager(m): 3:15am On Nov 17, 2015
REMITA TAKE A BOW AND GO! No Lie Only Truth!
Re: Those Who Can No Longer Steal Government Funds Are Behind Attacks On Us — REMITA by Nobody: 3:32am On Nov 17, 2015
magmack:
[/s][s]
Another daft mind has spoken. Worthless e-rat
The deft mind has spoken.... You are the daft mind here!

(1) (Reply)

Pictures From The Bombing Of Syria By France (very Graphic Pictures) / Fayose Pardons Suspended SSG, To Resume Monday - The Punch / Picture: Wartime Biafra Cleaner Than Peace Time Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.