Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. (1790 Views)

Buhari To Implement Yar’adua’s Agreement With Niger-Delta Militants / Buhari To Commence N5,000 Unemployment Benefit By December-punch / N5,000 Unemployment Benefit Starts In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by DetectiveDeb: 2:46am On Nov 17, 2015
The Federal Government has started the process of fulfilling its promise to pay N5,000 monthly allowance to 25 million unemployed youths in the country with 2016 as the take-off date. This comes after Buhari's administration was blasted for reneging on the promise they made to Nigerians youths, before they won the presidential election.
APC during their campaign, had made many heavenly promises, which include paying every jobless Nigerian youth N5,000 monthly, one dollar equals one Naira, etc. Several months after they won the presidential election, no youth received any federal bank alert, and this set off an online agitation.

Punch Newspaper has learnt on Monday, that the Federal Government had, however, commenced plans to start the payment of the allowance while it had also taken steps to capture the free school feeding programme in the 2016 budget.
It was further learnt that the government had given some officials the task of verifying the number of the unemployed youths, who would benefit from the scheme.

A source told Punch Newpaper;

You know that if the scheme is left open-ended, even Nigerians, who are employed and are by no means vulnerable, will still struggle to benefit from it.
You also know that if not properly handled, politicians will hijack the scheme and it will become a means of settling their constituents, whether they qualify to benefit from it or not.
This is why the government will come up with data on the beneficiaries very soon.The fund meant for the scheme would be built into the 2016 budget.

This programme, when fully implemented, will cost the Federal Government N125bn monthly and a total sum of N1.5tr annually.
The wife of the President, Mrs. Aisha Buhari, had also appealed to the ruling party that in addition to fulfilling their campaign promise of paying N5,000 to the 25 million unemployed youths, they should also remember one free meal a day, they promised innocent schoolchildren.

This SOUNDS good!
www.amkkay.com

http://punchng.com/n5000-unemployment-benefit-starts-in-2016/

Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by merry02(m): 2:51am On Nov 17, 2015
Talk less, work more

1 Like

Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by mikolo80: 3:06am On Nov 17, 2015
DetectiveDeb:
The Federal Government has started the process of fulfilling its promise to pay N5,000 monthly allowance to 25 million unemployed youths in the country with 2016 as the take-off date. This comes after Buhari's administration was blasted for reneging on the promise they made to Nigerians youths, before they won the presidential election.
APC during their campaign, had made many heavenly promises, which include paying every jobless Nigerian youth N5,000 monthly, one dollar equals one Naira, etc. Several months after they won the presidential election, no youth received any federal bank alert, and this set off an online agitation.

Punch Newspaper has learnt on Monday, that the Federal Government had, however, commenced plans to start the payment of the allowance while it had also taken steps to capture the free school feeding programme in the 2016 budget.
It was further learnt that the government had given some officials the task of verifying the number of the unemployed youths, who would benefit from the scheme.

A source told Punch Newpaper;

This programme, when fully implemented, will cost the Federal Government N125bn monthly and a total sum of N1.5tr annually.
The wife of the President, Mrs. Aisha Buhari, had also appealed to the ruling party that in addition to fulfilling their campaign promise of paying N5,000 to the 25 million unemployed youths, they should also remember one free meal a day, they promised innocent schoolchildren.

This SOUNDS good!
www.amkkay.com

http://punchng.com/n5000-unemployment-benefit-starts-in-2016/
very bad, spoiling the youth instead of empowering them with skills and credit
Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by Nobody: 3:09am On Nov 17, 2015
Congrats
Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by Ikengawo: 3:11am On Nov 17, 2015
Hahaha, campaign promise
Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by Aufbauh(m): 3:16am On Nov 17, 2015
We thank God for cutting down the opponents 60 years of fake promises to 16 years.

I heard they said we are slow. Yes, we didn't campaign to be fire fighters, but planners and meticulous one at that.

Mr President you started well, you hit the ground running even though the ground was murky.

You promised Nigerians you will address security and your first meeting to ECOWAS was on security because we cannot fight alone. You have been to other places.

If they said it is a ludo, we will tell them it's a serious business.
If they forget G7 we will remind them.

We have faith in you Mr President.
We have faith in your capacity and uprightness.

We promise to continue be with you and support you no matter what they are saying we are not reruning the election until the next 4 years time.

Mr President your hands are on the plough and you'll succeed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by 989900: 4:34am On Nov 17, 2015
Misplaced priorities.
Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by rozayx5(m): 4:44am On Nov 17, 2015
i heard that in 1960

1 Like

Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by Pavore9: 6:03am On Nov 17, 2015
When the economy could be diversified creating new income generating means for the unemployed.
Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by PassingShot(m): 6:09am On Nov 17, 2015
Pavore9:
When the economy could be diversified creating new income generating means for the unemployed.
And is diversification of the economy not a top priority of this government?
If the 5k allowance is not implemented, town criers like you will be the first to call PMB/APC promise a scam. Now that they're making efforts fulfil a campaign promise, you still have a reason to talk!
Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by chinchum(m): 6:14am On Nov 17, 2015
I have strong reservations about this 5,000 thing, 1.25 thrillion annually is too much money for stomach infrastructure
Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by olasmith10(m): 6:20am On Nov 17, 2015
wailers wailers, food is ready!!!
Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by omowolewa: 6:20am On Nov 17, 2015
Open the register BVN and NIMC data is enough.

Pay they for 6month, enrol them at a empowering class, teach them how to make 10,000 per month within 6month. Stop their batch of intake to absorb another set.

Lobatan!
Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by Realdeals(m): 6:34am On Nov 17, 2015
I don't think the stipend is totally for the unemployed, what APC said was that it will pay 25 million disadvantage people in the society 5,000 on the condition that they send their children to school.
Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by wachakuta(m): 6:49am On Nov 17, 2015
At least wailers will ve rest of Mind
Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by PRYCE(m): 6:50am On Nov 17, 2015
We'll see!
Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:08am On Nov 17, 2015
wachakuta:
At least wailers will ve rest of Mind
You think so? In every move GMB makes, the wailers will always find a reason to wail.

1 Like

Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 17, 2015
Wailers or no wailers make una try dey reason straight. I'm not supporting any individual,Na make d country good that's what shud be your number one priority as a Nigerian. 2016 is here already,let's wait and see. I just hope it will not be like the boko boys issue. But 5k ,no even fit buy airtime ,subscribe for a week. Find what to do my fellow youths and leave 5k for them o. Small time they go say the 5k sharing,Na d money wen them supposed to take build industry for you to work. #The nation keeps changing#
Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by Chukwuma134(m): 7:17am On Nov 17, 2015
G00d
Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by greatiyk4u(m): 7:28am On Nov 17, 2015
Patiently waiting like dis

Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by Pavore9: 8:03am On Nov 17, 2015
PassingShot:

And is diversification of the economy not a top priority of this government?
If the 5k allowance is not implemented, town criers like you will be the first to call PMB/APC promise a scam. Now that they're making efforts fulfil a campaign promise, you still have a reason to talk!

I lean more to Agriculture, you can view my threads in the Agriculture section. I would rather prefer that the N5m that would have been paid to 1,000 unemployed graduates in a month can be used to get resource persons and materials to teach them within 4 weeks how to cheaply build greenhouses with available local materials and how grow food in it. They are also taught vertical sack farming where with just a half plot of land they can grow food that could be generating them an income of no less than N100,000 on a monthly basis while employing another person! Do you know that with Knowledge one can easily grow strawberry in Lagos? All these

In the face of these possibilities what is N5,000 when that same recipient can be empowered to produce effectively and pay the government more than N5,000 in tax to care for others who are not physically or mentally in a position to care for themselves.

I am neither for APC nor PDP but for the possibilities that can be made a reality!

1 Like

Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by PassingShot(m): 8:11am On Nov 17, 2015
Pavore9:

I lean more to Agriculture, you can view my threads in the Agriculture section. I would rather prefer that the N5m that would have been paid to 1,000 unemployed graduates in a month can be used to get resource persons and materials to teach them how to cheaply build greenhouses with available local materials and how grow food in it. They are also taught vertical sack farming where with just a half plot of land they can grow food that could be generating them an income of no less than N100,000 on a monthly basis while employing another person! Do you know that with Knowledge one can easily grow strawberry in Lagos?

In the face of these possibilities what is N5,000 when that same recipient can be empowered to produce effectively and pay the government more than N5,000 in tax to care for others who are not physically or mentally in a position to care for themselves.

I am neither for APC nor PDP but for the possibilities that can be made a reality!
No need long stories on this.

1. The govt of the day campaigned with 5k allowance for 25million unemployed. The govt is therefore morally obligated to fulfill the promise IF IT CAN.

2. Will giving the 5k allowance prevent the govt from diversifying the economy along agriculture and mining sectors? NOT AT ALL.

My position is, I don't care if the govt does it or not BUT I WILL NOT CRITICIZE IT FOR DELIVERING ON A CAMPAIGN PROMISE with which it got elected.
Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by drss(m): 9:12am On Nov 17, 2015
hahahahhahahah cheesy so who are the 25 million very poor youths? Almajiris in d north Buari go hear am. Governace nobi by mouth.
Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by pedrilo: 9:41am On Nov 17, 2015
mikolo80:
very bad, spoiling the youth instead of empowering them with skills and credit
who FG don help? have u seen d money sef? nonsense! they will come out and dis-associate themselves from dis news tomoro. bunch of liars
Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by mikolo80: 3:07pm On Nov 17, 2015
pedrilo:
who FG don help? have u seen d money sef? nonsense! they will come out and dis-associate themselves from dis news tomoro. bunch of liars
giving ppl moni doesn't help them,
make them work for it even if it's part time work
if not they will never move forward
Re: Federal Govt.to Implement N5,000 Unemployment Pay In 2016. by Opinedecandid(m): 3:08pm On Nov 17, 2015
2016?

Time will tell.

By 2016, now Buhari will say

IT WASNT ME!

Integrity-less government.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Apc Forcing Sylva On Bayelsans? / Puppets?? The last time it was GEJ Kissing walls and now this ? / Only God Can Remove Bukola Saraki — Senate Leader To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.