Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes (4400 Views)

65 Countries That Drive On The Left Side Of The Road. 1 Country Will Shock You / 12 Ways To Stop A Car With Faulty Brakes / What To Do If Your Brakes Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by erico2k2(m): 6:30pm On Nov 18, 2015
cbrass:

You mean it behaves exactly like mine too? Infact I also noticed that when I want to reverse against a sloppy land the gear will be shaking and making sound as if hand brake is engaged
what system of rear brake system does ur car have?
Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by erico2k2(m): 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2015
[quote author=Nyceguy92 post=40137349][/quote]
nah .the brake pads if uneven makes you think your master brake is faulty and if indeed you have un even pads that means your sliding Pin is dry or clogged or you have wapped brake disk
Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by erico2k2(m): 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2015
cbrass:
Have been noticing this, when am on top speed like 120 or 130km/hr and maybe I suddenly spot something or a car in the distance and starts applying the brakes it will look like the car is swinging to the left from the back, if am going on a low speed it doesn't do like this. I drive a Hyundai Elantra
Since when you are moving there is no sign of this occurrence it means its not the death wobble, problem with your steering or bearings.You have a problem with your brake calipers,or you have Oil or hydraulics on you brake disc surface.
How to check.jack you car up, Apply the brake see if anyone can turn that tyre.
try and determine the heat from each tyre if they are same, you might find the wheel thats is your trouble by this.

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by erico2k2(m): 6:52pm On Nov 18, 2015
Bobbyjay001:
I think the left brake pad needs to be changed urgently.
If you ever find your brake part wearing unevenly that problem goes beyond just changing your brake pads,You've got sticky callipers,you will have to loosen the calliper and sand paper teh sliding pin and put brake grease on it and put it back then you are sorted.

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by erico2k2(m): 6:54pm On Nov 18, 2015
cbrass:

But if am negotiating a bend maybe a big round-about it doesnt do like that nw
grin grin U already told us why it wont behave like that, you car is already bent how will it bend again? cos negotiating a bend means your car weight is going to one side ie sway.

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by erico2k2(m): 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2015
Bobbyjay001:
It's not all models that display the notification on dashboard. You need an automedic to diagonise the fault. I can recommend a good automedic for you if you stay around Ikeja or its axis in Lagos.

If you have a fault that is not monitored by a sensor no scanner will find teh fault as there are no fault codes for things like if you have clearance in your lower control arm bushing,These need physical examination by someone who knows what to look for.

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by erico2k2(m): 6:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
davo3286:
Op, just have a competent auto technician do, first, a visual inspection check on your calipers which is a major culprit. Now, since your vehicle pulls to the left upon appying brake then the right caliper(s) and hose need to be checked. Sometimes grease spilled on the brake disc as a result of CV joint rubber boot tear thereby reducing friction which in turn renders the brake ineffective. Accumulated dirt in the right side of the brake system can as well cause this symptom.
xcelent grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by erico2k2(m): 7:04pm On Nov 18, 2015
[quote author=Nyceguy92 post=40137349][/quote]
bro I have discovered that if your sway bar bushings are bad waht you will get is craking noise due to clearance,however the sway you are talking about will happen if the bar itself is broken .Also if the l inks bushings are bad then same cranking noise and you will feel it in the wheels. while U can only change the bushings on teh sway bar you will have to change the full linking arms as its cheap anyways.I'm doing this soon and I will document it on here circa 2nd week of nxt month.Damn Pyke where are you
Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by cbrass(m): 11:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
erico2k2:

what system of rear brake system does ur car have?

I don't think I know the answer
Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by erico2k2(m): 8:02am On Nov 19, 2015
cbrass:

I don't think I know the answer
Does ur car use brake pad in all 4 tyres?
Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by cbrass(m): 9:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
erico2k2:

Does ur car use brake pad in all 4 tyres?

I don't know cry I think it's just the back tires
Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by erico2k2(m): 11:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
cbrass:

I don't know cry I think it's just the back tires
well when you change your brake waht does the part changed look like?
Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by naijafury: 2:01pm On Nov 21, 2015
cbrass:
Have been noticing this, when am on top speed like 120 or 130km/hr and maybe I suddenly spot something or a car in the distance and starts applying the brakes it will look like the car is swinging to the left from the back, if am going on a low speed it doesn't do like this. I drive a Hyundai Elantra
My friend bought his 98 camry with this symptom. Upon visual inspection we found that the right engine hanger isn't there. He bought and fixed the hanger, the problem stopped. Physics explains the rest. I suggest you check if yours is bad. Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by Nyceguy92: 8:39am On Nov 30, 2015
erico2k2:

bro I have discovered that if your sway bar bushings are bad waht you will get is craking noise due to clearance,however the sway you are talking about will happen if the bar itself is broken .Also if the l inks bushings are bad then same cranking noise and you will feel it in the wheels. while U can only change the bushings on teh sway bar you will have to change the full linking arms as its cheap anyways.I'm doing this soon and I will document it on here circa 2nd week of nxt month.Damn Pyke where are you

Most likely you have a brake issue.
It is very rare for a sway bar to break, unless in an accident.
You will get a sway if the bushings are dry or loose and grip on the bar.
Yes you are right about the suspension links signs.
You get jolts that seem to hit you straight in the back bone, ouch!
Let's know what's up as you said.
Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by Lucynneka(f): 10:06am On Nov 30, 2015
First, is it latest elantra? Check ur tie rod and the linkages. When they become bad, it makes d car move like that. Thanks.
Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by Chaskodee: 3:04pm On Nov 30, 2015
Nigeria's first auto only forum- www.partboyz.com/forum
Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by SaniSANOH(m): 5:36pm On Dec 01, 2015
cbrass:

Check your engine seats /settings
Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by whitedove(m): 8:06am On Feb 08, 2017
Bobbyjay001:
I think the left brake pad needs to be changed urgently.
you are right!
Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 20, 2017
I don't thinks its one of the brake pads that's bad. I think its more of a master brake cylinder problem.
Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by Senipapa(m): 10:16am On Feb 21, 2017
Eddygourdo:
Exactly brother. I have been having same problems for months, Nissan altima 2001. I really now hate that car, I have changed the master brake and servo, brake pads, wheel hub, low arm, brake disc, servo tube, shafts, everything has been changed, wheel balancing, alignment every week still that same problem persists. Someone told me it's possible the chassis is bent since the car had an accident previously. Don't know. But I am really fed up too
Exactly, should probably be chassis, experienced that once
Re: Why Does My Car Swings To The Left When I Apply Brakes by arantess: 10:58am On Feb 21, 2017
a mechanic said its either a collapsed brake hose affecting the callipers or worn suspension part

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beautiful Women Vs Flashy Cars / Bmw 325i(2002) Vs Mercedes Benz C320(2002) / Rav4 Transmission Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.