Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... (29863 Views)

SARS Officers Shoot Bus Driver In The Head At Point Range In Ikeja (Graphic Pics / Danfo Driver Beaten By Passengers In Lagos As Police Administer First Aid (Photo / Touts Kill Mother Of 2 While Dragging Steering With Driver In Akwa Ibom(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... by powerfulsettingz: 6:58pm On Nov 17, 2015
ManTiger:

Sanity has elude you!
Must you spew trash to advertise your scrap?
Do you have any soul?
Why don't you have an iota of pity?
Are u by any chance related to person beaten up by the Lastma official? If not I owe u no apology

1 Like

Re: Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... by adebayoggt(m): 7:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
[quote author=MadCow1 post=40117096]

Please do me a favour and shut the fhuck up if you don't have anything useful to say.

This particular event I witnessed briefly as I was on my way to get fuel @ oando wen it all started. the LASTMA officer was not wrong in d scenario wen it all started it was after d drivers assault that d official insisted on d vehicle going to d office as @ wen I was coming bak d whole scenario has degenerated.the driver need to be punished for what he did yesterday. even I took some pictures @ d scene.but that's wen it has subsided.the video is just a mid clip of d whole event because I spent almost 30 mins @ d filling station. d video doesn't tell d true story in details.
Re: Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... by adebayoggt(m): 7:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
kYjelly2:

na wa o

today I'm agreeing with lastpage and opposing madcow1

what is happening

lastma doesn't have 70k fine anymore ask any motorists especially danfo drivers that's what they said.
Re: Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... by adebayoggt(m): 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
I work around river valley estate I'm conversant with D area d event happened. even same thing happened today and d LASTMA officer was assisted by a police patrol van that's just passing and they took d driver away with d weapon he was holding.lawlessness shuld not be accepted in whatever guise it pose ,be it official or offender. night robbery of traveller's, fone snatching, and attack of motorists is d order of d day around d area in d early hours and late in d night especially in traffic.
Re: Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... by adebayoggt(m): 8:19pm On Nov 17, 2015
lastpage:

I dont think you are getting the point being made by the poster.

Fines are paid from the offender's finances/income.

Income is a function of the country and the "standard" of living.
In some countries, that $5 is a monthly income, while in some, it is[b] an income for "One Hour" low-paid job![/b]
In Nigeria, some TEACHERS earn less than that in A MONTH. Yes, l know this for a fact.

Thus, l have not seen where a Traffic offender is asked to pay say "THREE TIMES THEIR MONTHLY INCOME", (without them killing somebody! or being a repeat offender, in which case, the fine becomes a "deliberately PUNITIVE fine", imposed by the Judge).

Let us take over-speeding as an example.
In most Western Countries, the fine is around 60GBP, 90Euros, $100... with between 2 and 3 penalty points.
That amount is what most people (averagely poor people) earn in ONE DAY.

In Nigeria, by our low level of income/standard of living, that should equate to about #1,000 (One thousand Naira) going by an "average" Monthly Income of say #25,000.

Now, to fine someone in Nigeria, #75,000 for a traffic violation, will translate to fining the same person, if in the Western Clime (USA, U.K, Canada, Europe, et.c.) about $60,000, 50GBP or 45,000 Euros!

That you will agree is IMPOSSIBLE..... for minor traffic infractions like over-speeding or even Jumping a red Light.

I have done it before and l have paid that fine (with the Penalty Points to boot) so l am talking from personal experience.... and not just mouthing it. undecided

Thus, Traffice offence FINES need to be REASONABLE and in tandem with average INCOMES of the particular clime.

That is what the poster was inferring.
I know, you know but you are just being provocative.

Mind you, l am not endorsing "bad road behaviour" as it is a danger to everyone but l am also not endorsing "killing a fly with a sledge-hammer".

Thanks.

Lastpage!

bad road behavior is a menace to d society.but have you heard of naija factor!
we all shuld learn to do d needful in whatever western world u are,u try as much as possible to stay and do things right in d face of d law.but same come to 9ja and form above d law because of fake accent like Jim iyke.
let us do d right thing @ all time.
" If d fly misbehave in a blacksmith workshop it will be killed with a sledge hammer ".
my kobo though!
Re: Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... by ManTiger(m): 8:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
powerfulsettingz:

Are u by any chance related to person beaten up by the Lastma official? If not I owe u no apology
I don't have to be related to him before I can have pity on him.

I'm human, I have soul and I have pity, what are you?
Re: Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... by adebayoggt(m): 9:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
[quote author=ManTiger post=40129432] I don't have to be related to him before I can have pity on him.
I'm human, I have soul and I have pity, what are you?[/quote watch d video again and again to know who is beating who.
Re: Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... by coolar: 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
dominique:

I only saw the Lastma official struggling to get into a vehicle. The cameraman never captured what led to the scuffle. He may have broken traffic rules, should he have been let go? If you move around in Lagos you'd see so many people driving like they've gone insane. If they get caught, they start struggling with the officials and play victim. I stand by my statement, if the driver broke any rules, then he must be punished accordingly.

You said "if" which means your judgment is based on assumptions.

Don't you think providing the 2 angles show more empathy?
Re: Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... by akigbemaru: 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
New Post (Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams
Re: Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... by xtervaganza(m): 9:47pm On Nov 17, 2015
dominique:
If he broke any traffic rules then he should be fined accordingly.
have you lost your marbles?

You must be out of your mind to think any traffic offense can justify a 70k ticket.

Even in uk they don't pay that much for a ticket
Re: Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... by xtervaganza(m): 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
justi4jesu:

I disagree with you, he should pay the 70k fine, next time when he thinks about the 70k he won't repeat what he did. In civilized countries only the cameras on the roads will flash you and your car number will be recorded. You must pay your fine, no two ways about it. Speed limit will be 100km/ph, Just drive a little above that speed limit and the camera360 that will flash you eh, nobody will tell you to reduce your speed and drive the speed limit you see on the roads. Obey the rules so that the people you call Agberos won't create an avenue to exploit your pocket.
perhaps you're the only person from your village who has traveled out of this shithole country?

Maybe you need me to remind you this is not your village.

Tell me where in uk you get traffic ticket that will be equivalent to 70k naira?

Are you people insane? How can you justify this wickedness? I seriously feel like sounding you right now
Re: Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... by xtervaganza(m): 9:58pm On Nov 17, 2015
MadCow1:

Please do me a favour and shut the fhuck up if you don't have anything useful to say.

The Man you quoted said: "If he committed the offence, then let him pay the penalty" and your retort was to start passing off useless prayers like an iidiiot.

If My Father breaks Traffic Laws, he should be dealt with according to the full extent of the Law without favour.

Everyday I seat in my Car and watch these Bus and Taxi drivers break the law with reckless abandon. Drive recklessly, endanger other road users with impunity and get away scot-free. Many people have lost their lives to the recklessness of these bus drivers, damages worth hundreds of millions of Naira are incurred by other road users every year due to the attitude and manner of driving of these drivers and you are here talking nonsense.

Fines and Punishments are not meant for cruelty but to serve as a deterent to people to not commit crimes and break the laws.

I would really love to stab you in the throat for this fuckacious nonsense you and many other Class-A fhucktards like you posted here, but I wouldn't, because If I do, there is a penalty for that I don't think you fhuckers are worth it.

And if you respond nonsense to this post, May your entire family tree fall victim to the recklessness of Nigerian Public Transport Drivers. angry

#EverlastingBastard. angry
not only are you a mad cow but a mad bastard

Ori e ti daru finally

In a country with a minimum wage of 18k ypu want him to pay a fine of 70k? Are you mad? Oya weyrey ni?

You village goats just come on here to open your mouth like the eternal fool you are.

How can anybody woth a sane mind justify a 70k fine for a traffic offense? Did he steal 3rd mainland bridge or he killed ambode's mother?

You're a fool

1 Like

Re: Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... by powerfulsettingz: 10:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
ManTiger:

I don't have to be related to him before I can have pity on him.

I'm human, I have soul and I have pity, what are you?
Young man Google is still free to access
Re: Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... by dominique(f): 7:32am On Nov 18, 2015
xtervaganza:
have you lost your marbles?

You must be out of your mind to think any traffic offense can justify a 70k ticket.

Even in uk they don't pay that much for a ticket

But there's no part of the post that said he was fined N70k. The article insinuates that offenders gets fined as high as that, huge difference. He should be fined according to his offence
Re: Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 18, 2015
dominique:
If he broke any traffic rules then he should be fined accordingly.
how does a punctured tyre connote a traffic offence?

1 Like

Re: Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... by MadCow1: 8:55am On Nov 18, 2015
xtervaganza:
not only are you a mad cow but a mad bastard

Ori e ti daru finally

In a country with a minimum wage of 18k ypu want him to pay a fine of 70k? Are you mad? Oya weyrey ni?

You village goats just come on here to open your mouth like the eternal fool you are.

How can anybody woth a sane mind justify a 70k fine for a traffic offense? Did he steal 3rd mainland bridge or he killed ambode's mother?

You're a fool

Okay..

Thanks for stopping by.. Everlasting Bastard.
Re: Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... by xtervaganza(m): 7:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
dominique:

But there's no part of the post that said he was fined N70k. The article insinuates that offenders gets fined as high as that, huge difference. He should be fined according to his offence
watch the video and see for yourself

Those lastma guys are touts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Arrests Impersonator, Prince Onyemauche With Illegal Arms (photo) / Vanguard Newspaper Publisher, Sam Amuka-pemu's Wife In Ritual Killing(with Pics) / 21-Year-Old Sabo Ruth Hunu Missing In Nasarawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.