Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,316 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Kogi, Bayelsa: I’ll ‘amputate’ Any Politicians That Tries To Rig Elections – IGP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi, Bayelsa: I’ll ‘amputate’ Any Politicians That Tries To Rig Elections – IGP (671 Views)

Wike: "I Will Release Video Of Police Commissioner Plotting To Rig Elections" / 11 Prominent Politicians That Have Been Detained In Kuje Prison Under President / I Am Afraid I did Not Succeed In The Election In Kogi, Bayelsa & Rivers - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi, Bayelsa: I’ll ‘amputate’ Any Politicians That Tries To Rig Elections – IGP by neolboy(m): 2:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
AHEAD of governorship elections in Bayelsa and Kogi states, the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Mr. Solomon Arase, yesterday threatened to “ampututate” any erring politician who tries to manipulate the exercise.

Kogi State will conduct its poll this Saturday while Bayelsa takes its turn on December 5, 2015. The IGP spoke in Abuja during a meeting with Squadron Commanders in preparation for the elections and other issues affecting the police force.

Addressing the officers, Mr. Arase said: “Again, gentlemen, we are at the threshold of another election in Kogi and Bayelsa states scheduled to hold on November 21 and December 5, 2015 respectively. Our resolve and competence will once again be tested in this onerous assignment and we cannot afford to fail.
“As we drive the process, let me warn that any person that attempts to test the will of the force by engaging in any act that negates the electoral law or engages in any crime with intent to derail or compromise the integrity of the exercise will be isolated and firmly dealt with.

“Anybody and politicians who think that they can use the police to win election, I think they have a second thinking coming. They have to go to the field and contest, win the hearts and minds of the electorates.
“My own job is very easy, I am to provide a level playing field, emplace a robust security architecture that nobody will be able to test and I just mentioned it in my address, any politician who tests my will, will be severely dealt with, they will be amputated, I can assure you that,” Mr. Arase said.

The IGP also warned his officers and other security agencies that will be deployed to complement the police to situate their operations within the professional ethics, stating that any personnel found to be engaged in demeaning their official callings will be similarly dealt with.
According to him, “I have also told my officers that if they make themselves available for any politician to use them and assault the electoral process, then, severe disciplinary measures will be taken against you. The era of those things are already past, we are professional security managers and that is exactly what we are going to do”, Arase said.

On the commitment of the President to ensure a credible election, the IGP said: “I can assure you that the President has not given us any order to compromise the result of the elections that will be conducted in the two states, instead, he has insisted that we must go and ensure that credible elections are conducted wherever it is going to be conducted and he repeatedly said it that he has been a victim of electoral manipulation and he cannot see him- self now in this position supporting the same thing that has happened to him as a President.”
On the deployment of men in the Northeast, Arase told his men to get ready because President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the procurement of equipment to curb terrorism in the region.

He said: “ I can authoritatively tell you that the President has actually ordered us to get equipment that we need to move into the Northeast and not just moving into the Northeast with our bare hands, the necessary things that we actually needed for our officers to perform and that is why I can authoritatively convoke this meeting with our operational arm of the Nigeria Police Force to tell them that they should get ready and that once we have these equipment, we are going to roll in and ensure that civil authority is restored in those areas.

On the casualty figure of police officers from Boko Haram attacks, he said: “Casualties are not things that lend themselves to mathematical figures, they keep rising and I keep losing men everyday not only to insurgency but to other factors like robbery and we must know that there must be casualty when it comes to cases of internal security.
“I can tell you that the casualty figure is high, we have been trying to carry out some research to know how many widows we have because from the widows we have, we will be able to ascertain the number of some officers that have been lost,” he said.

He, however, noted that the police management has vowed to take care of families of those who have died by incorporating scholarship scheme to take care of their children.

source:sunnewsonline.com/new/kogi-bayelsa-ill-amputate-erring-politicians-igp/

Re: Kogi, Bayelsa: I’ll ‘amputate’ Any Politicians That Tries To Rig Elections – IGP by Trapnews: 2:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
Seriously? IG for that matter? Someone please tell me am in Lesotho shocked
Re: Kogi, Bayelsa: I’ll ‘amputate’ Any Politicians That Tries To Rig Elections – IGP by ojeota(f): 2:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
When you live in a lawless country, this is what happens.
Re: Kogi, Bayelsa: I’ll ‘amputate’ Any Politicians That Tries To Rig Elections – IGP by Frankiss44(m): 2:31pm On Nov 17, 2015
Comments like this will get him sacked in saner countries... shocked shocked shocked

Yesterday it was the Army saying they will shoot protesters, today IG wanna amputate.... smh

There was a country
Re: Kogi, Bayelsa: I’ll ‘amputate’ Any Politicians That Tries To Rig Elections – IGP by speedyGonzales: 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2015
is that part of Nigerian law?
Re: Kogi, Bayelsa: I’ll ‘amputate’ Any Politicians That Tries To Rig Elections – IGP by psucc(m): 2:40pm On Nov 17, 2015
Arase has also been bitten by the APC dog. Now he has gone mad.
But I guess before the election he might be sacked.
Re: Kogi, Bayelsa: I’ll ‘amputate’ Any Politicians That Tries To Rig Elections – IGP by jejemanito: 2:44pm On Nov 17, 2015
Trapnews:
Seriously? IG for that matter? Someone please tell me am in Lesotho shocked
OK You're in Lesotho

Happy now?
Re: Kogi, Bayelsa: I’ll ‘amputate’ Any Politicians That Tries To Rig Elections – IGP by MEILYN(m): 2:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
You have nothing to fear if you are not a potential election rigger. Only those who want to rig elections would see problems in all he said.
Re: Kogi, Bayelsa: I’ll ‘amputate’ Any Politicians That Tries To Rig Elections – IGP by Aromas: 2:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
Arase too dey fumble, let see if the rule of law we take place.
Re: Kogi, Bayelsa: I’ll ‘amputate’ Any Politicians That Tries To Rig Elections – IGP by TimeManager(m): 3:07pm On Nov 17, 2015
ARASE has eaten PMB's liver just as MBU ate GEJ'skidney. No Le Only Truth!
Re: Kogi, Bayelsa: I’ll ‘amputate’ Any Politicians That Tries To Rig Elections – IGP by PRYCE(m): 3:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
That's if Your loyalty wasn't already bought!

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Counters PDP, Says APC’s Audu, Sylva Free Of Corruption Charges Until... / Truth Be Told Igbos And Hausas Need Their Own Country / Angola Overtakes Nigeria In Crude Oil Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.