Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) (2143 Views)

The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It / Who Really Benefits From Nigeria's 'prosperity Gospel'? (BBC News) / Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by plaetton: 9:32pm On Nov 18, 2015
vooks:
plaetton, WHY is social cohesion 'more preferable'?

You are postponing your whupping cheesy

You can default to evolution and I will hit you harder than ever. I know EVERY possible answer you can give

The reason I asked you if really wanted to be educated on why social Harmony and social cohesion is preferable, is that if you HONESTY agree to be educated, it would be a direct admission that you are unenlightened.
For you, it's seems to be more about bellicose posturing , rather than the simple application of reason.

Like I said, if you sincerely want me to educate you why social cohesion is preferable, I would indulge you.

But bear in mind, it would be an admission that you are an unenlightened brute, unable to resson and rise beyond the dictates of your primitive instincts.
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by vooks: 4:15am On Nov 19, 2015
plaetton:

The reason I asked you if really wanted to be educated on why social Harmony and social cohesion is preferable, is that if you HONESTY agree to be educated, it would be a direct admission that you are unenlightened.
For you, it's seems to be more about bellicose posturing , rather than the simple application of reason.

Like I said, if you sincerely want me to educate you why social cohesion is preferable, I would indulge you.

But bear in mind, it would be an admission that you are an unenlightened brute, unable to resson and rise beyond the dictates of your primitive instincts.

Amateur Septic(sic)
Put it this way, am more primitive than an orangutan. Am primitivity incarnate. I ooze with primitivity which can only be exercised with 20 billion years of accelerated evolution. Happy now?

Now, WHY is social cohesion 'more preferable'?

Let me walk you through your suicide:
1. Your choices are a function of 'higher reasoning'
2. 'Higher reasoning' seeks everything that promotes 'social cohesion'
3. 'Social cohesion' is to be aggressively pursued because it is 'more preferable'
4. 'Social cohesion' is 'more preferable' because.......

Am so gracious that I will give you a month to consult your extraterrestrials and come up with an intelligent reason cheesy cheesy

There is a Neanderthal called mellin. He can help you on this quest cool

PS
Here is what hurts you endlessly; you are an arrant hypocrite. You pretend to subscribe to a system ( atheism) yet you cling to values ( morality,meaning,purpose...) that are 101% external to it because it is amoral as it has zero logical basis for them.

You thus expose the HOLLOWNESS of atheism. It has no answer for morality,reason or purpose. Grow a pair and admit all is meaningless. This is what the more honest atheists have done. Examples include Dr Will Provine
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by plaetton: 7:30am On Nov 19, 2015
vooks:

Amateur Septic(sic)
Put it this way, am more primitive than an orangutan. Am primitivity incarnate. I ooze with primitivity which can only be exercised with 20 billion years of accelerated evolution. Happy now?

Now, WHY is social cohesion 'more preferable'?

Let me walk you through your suicide:
1. Your choices are a function of 'higher reasoning'
2. 'Higher reasoning' seeks everything that promotes 'social cohesion'
3. 'Social cohesion' is to be aggressively pursued because it is 'more preferable'
4. 'Social cohesion' is 'more preferable' because.......

Am so gracious that I will give you a month to consult your extraterrestrials and come up with an intelligent reason cheesy cheesy

There is a Neanderthal called mellin. He can help you on this quest cool

PS
Here is what hurts you endlessly; you are an arrant hypocrite. You pretend to subscribe to a system ( atheism) yet you cling to values ( morality,meaning,purpose...) that are 101% external to it because it is amoral as it has zero logical basis for them.

You thus expose the HOLLOWNESS of atheism. It has no answer for morality,reason or purpose. Grow a pair and admit all is meaningless. This is what the more honest atheists have done. Examples include Dr Will Provine

Your shallow half-think benumbs me.

Humans are social animals. Over the past 250,000yrs or so, we have been evolving socially.
Part of social evolution is primary about subduing one's primitive instinct for self-gratification in favor of the collective.

For example, instead of hunting your neighbor for food, and always afraid that your neighbor would hunt you for his food, both of you realize that you are better off and safer if You combine your strengths and efforts to hunt the people on the other side of the forest. This is an example of why social cohesion is PREFERABLE.

Making the decision to unite with your brothers, your neighbors to hunt for and defend yourself from being prey doesn't require an external spiri spiri inspiration.

Second example:
Rather than kidnap the young virgins from across the hills to be your wife, and at the same time protect your own young daughters from being kidnapped by others across the hill, then, Viola! you realize that everyone's best interest is much better served if you go across the hill and KINDLY ask for the young virgin's hand in marriage. grin
Likewise, you open the door to other men to GENTLY come and ask for the hand of your own daughter in marriage.
Again, Viola! A strong, mutually beneficial social bond is forged.

Through such non-aggression CONTRACTS, the social cohesion grows stronger.
Now, you have your brothers, your neighbors and your in-laws watching your back, helping to guarantee your well-being and safety.

The above is just the second , specially made for you, kindergarten example why social cohesion is PREFERABLE.

This is how humans have been socially evolving from the beginning of time.

It is common sense, common interests, logical.

No god required .
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by plaetton: 7:44am On Nov 19, 2015
^^^

Please correct yourself.

Nairaland atheists NO LONGER wish to be called or addressed as atheists.

Henceforth, we wish to addressed as TOOTHFAIRIANS.
OK ?

Now, I must also add that YOUR refusal to subscribe to universal pre-eminence of the Tooth fairy does not in any way, and should not in any way be a factor in your morality .
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by vooks: 8:21am On Nov 19, 2015
[size=1pt]
plaetton:

Your shallow half-think benumbs me.

Humans are social animals. Over the past 250,000yrs or so, we have been evolving socially.
Part of social evolution is primary about subduing one's primitive instinct for self-gratification in favor of the collective.

For example, instead of hunting your neighbor for food, and always afraid that your neighbor would hunt you for his food, both of you realize that you are better off and safer if You combine your strengths and efforts to hunt the people on the other side of the forest. This is an example of why social cohesion is PREFERABLE.

Making the decision to unite with your brothers, your neighbors to hunt for and defend yourself from being prey doesn't require an external spiri spiri inspiration.

Second example:
Rather than kidnap the young virgins from across the hills to be your wife, and at the same time protect your own young daughters from being kidnapped by others across the hill, then, Viola! you realize that everyone's best interest is much better served if you go across the hill and KINDLY ask for the young virgin's hand in marriage. grin
Likewise, you open the door to other men to GENTLY come and ask for the hand of your own daughter in marriage.
Again, Viola! A strong, mutually beneficial social bond is forged.

Through such non-aggression CONTRACTS, the social cohesion grows stronger.
Now, you have your brothers, your neighbors and your in-laws watching your back, helping to guarantee your well-being and safety.

The above is just the second , specially made for you, kindergarten example why social cohesion is PREFERABLE.

This is how humans have been socially evolving from the beginning of time.

It is common sense, common interests, logical.

No god required .

[/size]
I think you are more brainless than I initially thought.
Note the circularity of your reasoning; humans are social, social cohesion is a product of being human.
Am not questioning the NEED/merits for social cohesion but rather WHY you specifically strive to pursue it.
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by plaetton: 8:25am On Nov 19, 2015
vooks:

PS

Today again.
What is it about religio-heads that makes them so daft ?
How many times?
How many millionth time will it be repeated on this forum ? sad
Atheism is not a SYSTEM, not a philosophy.

It is the same common sense, the same rational skepticism that YOU employ and freely exercise when I try to SELL YOU The Lagos Third Mainland Bridge , or , when I tell you that the TOOTHFAIRY puts money in your wallet.
We simply employ same rational skepticism in examining , and in most cases, rejecting stone age religious superstitions.
DID THAT SINK IN

To say that atheism ( TOOTHFAIRIANism) is hollow is really daft, and shows a very shallow reasoning faculty.

I could as well say that not believing that I own the Third Mainland Bridge is shallow and groundless.
After all, by your kindergarten logic, the Third Mainland Bridge is there, built by someone, so it has to be owned by someone.
Why can't I be that someone ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by hahn(m): 8:51am On Nov 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh really ?

Bubu, wetin happen? grin
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by vooks: 8:52am On Nov 19, 2015
[size=1pt]
plaetton:

Today again.
What is it about religio-heads that makes them so daft ?
How many times?
How many millionth time will it be repeated on this forum ? sad
Atheism is not a SYSTEM, not a philosophy.

It is the same common sense, the same rational skepticism that YOU employ and freely exercise when I try to SELL YOU The Lagos Third Mainland Bridge , or , when I tell you that the TOOTHFAIRY puts money in your wallet.
We simply employ same rational skepticism in examining , and in most cases, rejecting stone age religious superstitions.
DID THAT SINK IN

To say that atheism ( TOOTHFAIRIANism) is hollow is really daft, and shows a very shallow reasoning faculty.

I could as well say that not believing that I own the Third Mainland Bridge is shallow and groundless.
After all, by your kindergarten logic, the Third Mainland Bridge is there, built by someone, so it has to be owned by someone.
Why can't I be that someone ?
[/size]

Amateur Septic(sic) is thoroughly embarrassed of his faith.
Today I feel like we can accomplish tons of 'social cohesion' if twenty sex starved jailbirds went medieval on your rectum. Care to sacrifice your 'primitive instinct for self gratification in favor of the collective'?
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by plaetton: 9:45am On Nov 19, 2015
vooks:
[size=1pt][/size]

Amateur Septic(sic) is thoroughly embarrassed of his faith.
Today I feel like we can accomplish tons of 'social cohesion' if twenty sex starved jailbirds went medieval on your rectum. Care to sacrifice your 'primitive instinct for self gratification in favor of the collective'?

Lol.

Funny, jokes apart, I actually thought you could do better than this.

This last post clearly shows that You are suffering from
What I call Mental Decohesion.

It is an extreme form of cognitive dissonance, the full ret.ard mode.

It happens when a religiotard, suffering from complex ignorance, meets the brick wall of reason.

I have seen you in this trajectory many times before.
You have become very predictable.
Re: Pulpit Prosperity Preachers (PPP) by vooks: 10:23am On Nov 19, 2015
[size=1pt]
plaetton:

Lol.

Funny, jokes apart, I actually thought you could do better than this.

This last post clearly shows that You are suffering from
What I call Mental Decohesion.

It is an extreme form of cognitive dissonance, the full ret.ard mode.

It happens when a religiotard, suffering from complex ignorance, meets the brick wall of reason.

I have seen you in this trajectory many times before.
You have become very predictable.
[/size]

Amateur Septic(sic)
Any time you are ready to donate your rectum for humanity's ever-evolving social cohesion let us know cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslims Are Not Terrorists And Terrorists Are Not Muslim / If Mohammed Was A Prophet Who Went To Jannah, Why Wish Him Peace? / Can You Fight Your Spiritual Battles Through Astral Projection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.