Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,474 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff (51668 Views)

Nigerian Embassy In Washington Sacks Workers, Explains Why / Why Konga Sacks Workers Every Six Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by bummyla(m): 7:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
May GOD Help Them Ooooh!
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by Godson1996: 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
So sad everywhere sack and sack, banks are sacking oil companies is the worst. What's happening to this economy and government
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 17, 2015
I honestly regret convincing my mother to vote for CHANGE-I have lived every bit of my time trying to continue to lie to her that things will CHANGE but inside me am beginning to get convinced contrary to my earlier belief that these guys are SCAMMERS!
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by 9jaboi8701(m): 7:42pm On Nov 17, 2015
decatalyst:
They are sacking people into already congested unemployed population.

Value the job you have now and don't lazy around.

Yes o. My Merrybet, my street work, my painting job and my small barbing saloon. I use Putin hand hold am strong gidigba! grin
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by Frankiss44(m): 7:47pm On Nov 17, 2015
woodmood:

I was at Warri Refinery barely two weeks ago and I must confess that even with the 402 you claim were sacked, that place is still grossly over staffed. All you see are small small girls playing with the computers in the offices. Have you bothered to ask yourself when was the last time that meaningful production took place there? As a people, we are used to rent-seeking. Simply pu, we are used to getting paid doing nothing.
Give the place to Tony elumelu to manage and see if more redundant heads will not roll.

It is only in Nigeria that you will see a company that has not produced anything for years holding long service award----- Adams Oshiomole

My brother you just ended up saying nothing .. If the place is over staffed as you claim then it should be direct staffs that earn millions for doing nothing.. The highest paid back up staff there earns 116k or thereabout and they are being owed salary for about 7 months now and the funny thing is that they are the ones doing the jobs.

I really need to know your definition of over staffed because the plant is being operated on a 24 hour basis meaning these workers run on shift.

It's only in this country we won't have problem with senators receiving millions for sleeping but when it comes to the common man, we will start asking jamb questions. Give the Senate to Tony elumelu and see if many heads will not roll

1 Like

Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by ODUBEZE: 7:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
Is this how PMB want to create 10,000 jobs? It is well!
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by Hexzyz(m): 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
Well that don't stop me from using the network to browse. And as long as tariffs are friendly, I will still a loyal customer.
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by mday: 8:12pm On Nov 17, 2015
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by SSpeter(m): 8:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
Guys my advise is everyone should start playing 960bet, Nairabet and baba ijebu...my friend introduced me nd ever since I just dey get beer money every weekend...Infact no dtt on transport and lunch from my salary...Kai I just dey wait make he forecast weekend games...I just pocket 3k for watching Naija game...make I go hala orijin.......for those sacked....na wind of change. God know say I No Support Buhari...Heaven know say I no vote am.....Abeg make this change no touch me ooooooooooo....#I dodge the odour with the blood of jesus

1 Like

Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by nigerianvenom(m): 8:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
Buhari’s body odour working so hard
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
End time things
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by mukason: 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
Forget airtel and make use of this opportunity if you are unemployed or under employed .visit http://Done4job.com/index.php?ref=24520
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by donshaddow(m): 8:42pm On Nov 17, 2015
lasisi69:
End time network
End time Lasisi!!!!!!!
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by Greenylee(m): 8:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
Airtel!!! Anythinq RED is bad!!Airtel!!! Anythinq RED is bad!!Airtel!!! Anythinq RED is bad!!
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by flokii: 8:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
if Airtel fit do shake-up.. wat about MTN?

Nigerians are going to back to agriculture cheesy
ise agbe toh badt...
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by philipobiz: 9:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
Frankiss44:
Men the way people are being retrenched now is not funny at all... Refinery in warri just dropped 402 contract staffs 2 months ago without giving them one naira.
This change is gradually turning into CHAINS

That's why we have to be proactive. A supplementary source of income while working is the key to survival. Why having that , you can even fire your boss before they fire you
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by Laredojohn(m): 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
lonelydora:
So 3 months in lieu and extra one month salary for each year worked is now termed "handsomely" in Nigeria?

If a staff earns 70k/month as I heard, and worked for 5 years, please help me do the maths, and see if it's handsomely.

Please they should visit the MNCs and see what paying-off is called.

End time sack.
Abi ooo, Nigerians call that handsomely...less than 1m someone who has worked barely 5yrs..with 70k, dats if some of those layed off earn up to that...

1 Like

Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by Laredojohn(m): 9:03pm On Nov 17, 2015
Smell MTN will do same soon...the 1trllion naira fine must b paid
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by decatalyst(m): 9:12pm On Nov 17, 2015
9jaboi8701:

Yes o. My Merrybet, my street work, my painting job and my small barbing saloon. I use Putin hand hold am strong gidigba! grin

My brother, nah baba God hand fit hold am well ooo.

If one is diligent at his work and free of grudge to his colleagues or competitors, success is a birthright!
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by Frankaka8(m): 9:33pm On Nov 17, 2015
lasisi69:
End time network
. I wonder whether end time is d only two word you can grasp and express.
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by lasisi69(f): 9:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
Frankaka8:
. I wonder whether end time is d only two word you can grasp and express.
yes... But that was no two words
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by 9jaboi8701(m): 9:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
decatalyst:

My brother, nah baba God hand fit hold am well ooo.

If one is diligent at his work and free of grudge to his colleagues or competitors, success is a birthright!

Just this evening a female friend i dey envy opened up to me she has not been paid close to 6 months and dat she didn't carry out research before starting d work, dat some staff are being owed 9 months sef. fear grip me, companies in dis country are heartless
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by decatalyst(m): 9:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
9jaboi8701:

Just this evening a female friend i dey envy opened up to me she has not been paid close to 6 months and dat she didn't carry out research before starting d work, dat some staff are being owed 9 months sef. fear grip me, companies in dis country are heartless
Nah so my brother. Everyone just dey package, hope, and work towards the best.
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by porka: 10:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
seunmsg:

Trash. Corporate organisation have been downsizing for various reason since time immemorial. Some downsize for strategic reasons, others downsize as a result of poor management decisions in the past while some downsize as a result of economic downturn in their environment of operations. It is just plain mischief or outright ignorance to accuse a five months old administration of being responsible for airtel's decision to sack its workers when the company has not come out openly to tell the public the reason behind their decision.

Except you are operating from one remote farm settlement (maybe Ikire oko), it's 'plain mischief' for you to claim that this 5 month old administration's lack of direction is not responsible for the acute downturn in the economy.

When capital market is down, they tell us 'oh, we don't really need portfolio investment'

When manufacturers make huge loses and downsize their workforce due to lack of access to needed foreign exchange for their raw materials and equipment, they say 'oh, those people are aiding looting of 'treasury'

When the financial institutions layoff thousands, we hear from our roadside analysts how the bankers have been aiding corruption.

The telecoms sector is next now to downsize their staff due to unfavorable business environment, and we are already hearing 'dogo turechi'.
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by fleksy: 10:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
This is unacceptable from AIRTEL

So rightsizing so the employees can get N5000 from APC is a solution?
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by Olukolade1: 10:08pm On Nov 17, 2015
The wind of change is blowing indeed
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by dollyptosh(m): 10:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
chesterlee:

Madness get style oh
End time madness
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by dollyptosh(m): 10:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
chesterlee:

Madness get style oh
End time madness
chesterlee:

Madness get style oh
End time madness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Does Zenith Bank Pay It's Entry Level Staff? / Keke Driver Who Returned Nearly N600K Forgotten By Woman Gets Rewarded. Photos / 6 Jobs That Will Be In High Demand In The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.